• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
well yeah he is just not as deserving as another FE13 rep and only gets a spot due to relevance, but FE13 was popular enough the get two reps though...
I'd say Chrom and Robin (I'm assuming that's who you're referring to) are both equally deserving of a spot on the roster as the main characters of Fire Emblem Awakening. It's not a matter of who's more deserving, but rather who would be more ideal, I think.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd say he's deserving of a spot.
It's very hard to say that for this character, considering the severe lack of inspiration.

Then again, this is the same director that is highly persistent with including a second Link and rejecting Ridley, so what the hell do I know?

Hong

The Strongest
I'll accept any of the three Awakening representatives. I wouldn't dare say anyone is more worthy than the other. I think Chrom, Lucina, Robin, and Anna, can all bring something great to the table.

If I could only have one, I would probably spend a night tearing my hair out trying to pick between Robin, Lucina, or Anna, but I would take Robin in the end with Lucina at a close second. Only way I would want Lucina over Robin is if they provided the option to pick between her and Chrom because that would be AWESOME.

That said, I hunger for new blood, be it blue, fel, or wealthy. Can't wait to see what they do with the series after seeing Arena Ferox and Marth. I'm putting my money on Chrom joining Marth this time, but I am 100% okay with Ike, Anna, Robin, or really just about anyone if they can deliver it well.

It's very hard to say that for this character, considering the severe lack of inspiration.

Then again, this is the same director that is highly persistent with including a second Link and rejecting Ridley, so what the hell do I know?
It's not even the fact he added a second Link.

He brought back a second Link with the same moves and pretty much the same fighting style as the first, completely neglected two decades worth of sacred treasures and three? fighting styles, and would not even represent the classic Link in any way, shape, or form. I would sacrifice Toon Link and a third Fire Emblem representative for a Link that actually harnesses the potential of a fighter borrowing from the legacy of one of the greatest heroes of all time.

But **** it. Let's bring back Lucas while we're at it. I'm hungry for more ways to waste development time.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
If they could actually deliver at least one Mother series character right, I would be happy to have Lucas on board. As it stands, Ness's design philosophy has proven to be a failure that was exposed before Melee even shipped. As someone who loves Mother possibly more than any series from Nintendo, I would love to see them make at least one character good. If you combined the best qualities of Ness and Lucas, and made some significant changes to some of the specials and properties of the character, we could have something that holds up beyond a few weeks of play.

Similarly, if Chrom just ends up being a "luigified" Ike, I don't want him. That's awful. If they can't come up with ideas that will make Chrom different from Ike and make him fun, balanced and interesting, then don't bother. Go with either Ike, Chrom, or Lucina, and not any combination. Development time could be spent on creating characters more unique.

Of course we all know Chrom and Lucina can be completely different from anything else in here, it's really hard to say if potential material hasn't already been used for another character. For example, the mechanical aspect of Little Mac's Jolt Haymaker is something that would have worked well for a swordsman. It's hard to say if ideas that could be used for Chrom may have been used for, say, Shulk or some revision of Ganondorf.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, it's sort of weird because Ness and Lucas clearly have move differences, but suffer form similar problems. Mainly the recovery being highly prone to gimping, flawed smash attacks, and that highly unnecessary 10-frame grab release. Of course they still have their own set of problems, though Lucas has more of them. Ness is the one more prone the gimping due to Lucas at least having the option of PSI Magnet and tethering for additional options and has worse range, but Lucas has generally mediocre aerial attacks, a poor grab, and a heavy reliance on his laggy smash attacks to finish the opponent.

Also Chorm and Lucina going to completely different is complete horse crap.

Hong

The Strongest
You know, it's sort of weird because Ness and Lucas clearly have move differences, but suffer form similar problems. Mainly the recovery being highly prone to gimping, flawed smash attacks, and that highly unnecessary 10-frame grab release. Of course they still have their own set of problems, though Lucas has more of them. Ness is the one more prone the gimping due to Lucas at least having the option of PSI Magnet and tethering for additional options and has worse range, but Lucas has generally mediocre aerial attacks, a poor grab, and a heavy reliance on his laggy smash attacks to finish the opponent.
For the most part, Lucas has the more aesthetically interesting moves, but they have more or less the same result. Exception being the yoyo VS Lucas's boss usmash and dsmash.

Also Chorm and Lucina going to completely different is complete horse crap.
Before Little Mac and the latest direct, sure. But I meant to imply one moveset for Chrom and Lucina, as in, you can pick one or the other. There is still certainly plenty of unused materials for another fighter.

Doesn't take creative genius to come up with that.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You'd think newcomers being revealed would cause more discouragement, but for some queer reason it's doing the opposite. Which is confusing the hell out of me.

Am I the only person that knows about fighting game philosophies and conventions?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You'd think newcomers being revealed would cause more discouragement, but for some queer reason it's doing the opposite. Which is confusing the hell out of me.
I don't really see what's wrong, honestly.

Hong

The Strongest
No! None of you understand game design as I do. All of you are wrong and ignorant and I know the myriad of unfilled classic archetypes are in Smash 4 even before the game has come out.

Chrom will never work as a character! .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Using other newcomers for the fallacy logic that every single newcomer will be unique and if you say otherwise then your stupid.

Meanwhile, I'm in the background thinking the opposite, due to a combination of experience from the past, knowledge of typical archetypes and philosophies for fighting games, the removal of certain mechanics and gimmicks, and the newcomers themselves being revealed. This is especially apparent for a character that is clearly designed to be a very blunt expy of Marth and Ike, so whenever I hear the factor that there will be absolutely zero relation, I don't really bite it. I will easily create ideas for characters people are rather harsh towards, like Chorus Kids, Pac-Man, and Mii, in an attempt to show that yes, there are options you can take into consideration. But this is a type of character I can't really even envision much coming out of him, and it gets even worse with every single passing month when we know more details. I know that the inclusion at this point is solely to cater to people who've liked Fire Emblem: Awakening, without actually putting in the drive to include something that is remotely interesting.

I have zero bias for Fire Emblem: Awakening due the fact that it's not my first title nor do I appreciate the whole husbando/waifu cancer, I do find the character heavily flawed in varies ways, like being very under developed, having limited options, and that feeling of being forced to babysit Chrom. I will freely claim to be a big fan of Fire Emblem, you should know that, but I ain't tolerant to something so incredibly shallow. Some people may say I'm being spoiled, but I'd rather want something more appealing then being a sheep that is hoping desperately to get screwed over by reality.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Using other newcomers for the fallacy logic that every single newcomer will be unique and if you say otherwise then your stupid.

Meanwhile, I'm in the background thinking the opposite, due to a combination of experience from the past, knowledge of typical archetypes and philosophies for fighting games, the removal of certain mechanics and gimmicks, and the newcomers themselves being revealed. This is especially apparent for a character that is clearly designed to be a very blunt expy of Marth and Ike, so whenever I hear the factor that there will be absolutely zero relation, I don't really bite it. I will easily create ideas for characters people are rather harsh towards, like Chorus Kids, Pac-Man, and Mii, in an attempt to show that yes, there are options you can take into consideration. But this is a type of character I can't really even envision much coming out of him, and it gets even worse with every single passing month when we know more details. I know that the inclusion at this point is solely to cater to people who've liked Fire Emblem: Awakening, without actually putting in the drive to include something that is remotely interesting.

I have zero bias for Fire Emblem: Awakening due the fact that it's not my first title nor do I appreciate the whole husbando/waifu cancer, I do find the character heavily flawed in varies ways, like being very under developed, having limited options, and that feeling of being forced to babysit Chrom. I will freely claim to be a big fan of Fire Emblem, you should know that, but I ain't tolerant to something so incredibly shallow. Some people may say I'm being spoiled, but I'd rather want something more appealing then being a sheep that is hoping desperately to get screwed over by reality.
I can see how you feel that way. I tried suggesting some ideas for Chrom to you in the past, but I guess maybe you didn't like them? I guess it comes down to a difference of opinion for the most part.

That being said, I doubt there would be zero relation. He'll probably have Counter like the others, even if it does break canon, for example (partially because it could be based on countering in general as opposed to the skill itself). Maybe a few little things here and there like that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

There's a difference between thinking every newcomer will be unique and every newcomer can be unique.

I can only assume you think people have been saying there will be absolutely no similarities between Chrom and the existing FE characters. Ofc there will be similarities, there will probably even be a move or two shared, like the counter, but that doesn't mean Chrom won't be a unique character. He very well could be. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's nonexistent.

You're making just as many assumptions about a character we've yet to see as the people you're decrying, you just stand on the opposite side.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I personally don't mind if Chrom is a Marth or Ike semi-clone, because I like the character. I can think of an original moveset for him but I think he'll end up being a luigified clone like Ness/Lucas or the Starfox characters. Maybe you should "hate" on the already luigified clones and not on the one that we know nothing about.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I agree with @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero in that I would never want Ike AND Chrom/Lucina.

It's not like development time is infinite. At the very least, if you theoretically had the ideas to make a character who has almost no real profound blessings in the ways of powers or abilities from their source material, I think it would be a disservice to both Fire Emblem, and Nintendo, to use these ideas on a character relatively similar to another. I rather have had those ideas and the development time directed towards representing something new. Aside from Anna and the now-written-off Tiki, Fire Emblem really does not have a lot of characters special, in terms of gameplay offerings. At the very least, I would hope a third character would be someone like Robin or Anna, who can actually show aspects of Fire Emblem that are completely unlike what we have seen.

Where I differ, and what renders me as the Antichrist of the SmashBoards Fire Emblem community, is I am entirely emotionally detached from Ike as a Smash Bros character. Which is not to be confused with Ike's own merits from outside of appearing in Smash Bros, where he is most certainly my favourite lead. I would love to see someone else take the best of what Ike has shown us, revise it, and presented as a new character. If Chrom is the one to do it, that's fine by me. Not my favourite character, and I think it would be awesome if the Awakening generation of Fire Emblem fans would go back and play some of the other titles, but I would still be happy knowing they chose not only an awesome character and something kind of fresh, but something tangible for the new generation. All the same, if they keep Ike and give him a much-needed overhaul for Smash 4, I would be just as happy if they do a good job of it.

Not to say the ideology that Ike should not be replaced isn't valid. We all have very different values, and I would be so bold to say I like the actual character a lot more than a lot of the people who hopped on his back after Brawl. I will say that the idea of having Marth, Ike, and Chrom on the roster would be a sorry sight to see, when I know that you honestly get an absolutely horrible exchange for value in the way of diversity.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
It's not like development time is infinite. At the very least, if you theoretically had the ideas to make a character who has almost no real profound blessings in the ways of powers or abilities from their source material, I think it would be a disservice to both Fire Emblem, and Nintendo, to use these ideas on a character relatively similar to another.
Basically you want Chrom to be similar to Ike (to not waste much development time) and/or replace him? Your opinion is fine but we don't know if Chrom is in or how he plays. It's like assuming Ganondorf with a sword will just be another Ike (could be true, actually).
Do you not want to see Marth, Ike and Chrom because they're blue-haired swordsmen or because of similar gameplay? I see "diversity" thrown a lot but I'm not sure what they mean. Some want gameplay differences and others want females and villains.
Maybe Marth, Chrom and Robin would be your picks.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996

I guess if you can't envision much from him then I suppose your vision is more limited than you think.

While we can't say that each newcomer will be unique is foolish as well to write off any kind of value the character may offer.

He brought back a second Link with the same moves and pretty much the same fighting style as the first, completely neglected two decades worth of sacred treasures and three? fighting styles, and would not even represent the classic Link in any way, shape, or form. I would sacrifice Toon Link and a third Fire Emblem representative for a Link that actually harnesses the potential of a fighter borrowing from the legacy of one of the greatest heroes of all time.
Being the reincarnation of the hero's spirit is not a surprise that they have an identical fighting style and Toon Link is not supposed to represent the classic hero but one of the timelines that the Zelda timeline was divided into after Ocarina of Time. And even characters with a similar moveset can play differently and bring their own set of flavors to the table. Several fighting games have shown that in the past but when Smash does it, it becomes a mortal sin.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Basically you want Chrom to be similar to Ike (to not waste much development time) and/or replace him? Your opinion is fine but we don't know if Chrom is in or how he plays. It's like assuming Ganondorf with a sword will just be another Ike (could be true, actually).
I never said that.

Chrom is a character who, like Marth and Ike, does not have much in the way of special powers or abilities. Aside from being athletically impressive, he holds the neo Falchion and all its powers that are within. Aside from his command over the Shepherds, that's basically it. This means that, to make a moveset for Chrom, you need to surmise an immense amount of creativity that only intensifies with each and every character that is added. Every character they add is given a specific style of gameplay, function, strengths and weaknesses, and of course an attempt of having original moves.

Which is perfectly fine. We did it for Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, and to a lesser extent Sheik, among others.

But creativity poured into creating Chrom as a wholly original fighter, keeping the current roster + Ike in mind, is essentially making a moveset at least five other characters could handle comfortably. This is doable, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. We can just as well utilize this creativity to better yet represent something completely new and fresh, like Shulk, or revise a character like Ganondorf, among many other possibilities.

To add Chrom, one who is relatively (as in, a humanoid swordsman compared to the rest of Nintendo), means they are just adding another Fire Emblem character to appeal to fans for the sake of adding another Fire Emblem character to appeal to fans. Which is 100% totally reasonable, as Smash Bros is the epitome of fan-service. However, if we're going to do that, why not add someone new, fresh, and interesting like Anna or Robin, keep Ike, and repurpose the moveset for someone else? You still get fan appeal, and you can represent more of Nintendo as a whole.
Do you not want to see Marth, Ike and Chrom because they're blue-haired swordsmen or because of similar gameplay? I see "diversity" thrown a lot but I'm not sure what they mean. Some want gameplay differences and others want females and villains.
Diversity, characters with the most contrast to existing characters. Appearance, art style, gender, gameplay potential from source material, generation, any tools/weapons they may have, all contribute to diversity. And yes, I think it's very important. As do many other fans, as well as the director.
Maybe Marth, Chrom and Robin would be your picks.
I wouldn't be so bold to make an assumption that is my pick, but I would be okay with that. As I would be okay with just Marth and Ike, just Marth and Chrom (most likely outcome), Marth, Ike, and Robin, Marth, Ike, and Anna, etc. Anything but a combination of Ike and Chrom or Ike and Lucina. Even ALM would be better than that.
Being the reincarnation of the hero's spirit is not a surprise that they have an identical fighting style and Toon Link is not supposed to represent the classic hero but one of the timelines that the Zelda timeline was divided into after Ocarina of Time. And even characters with a similar moveset can play differently and bring their own set of flavors to the table. Several fighting games have shown that in the past but when Smash does it, it becomes a mortal sin.
I never said it was silly for Toon Link to have those items. I said it was silly for Toon Link to have those items, when you could get far more value from development time by having someone who offers a greater contrast in gameplay potential, and thus offer appealing options for a greater range of players, have a greater range of gameplay experiences, and thus greater value from the product. It's not like making Link as slow as he was in SSBM and SSBB was even an intelligent design direction, given that he's had consistently poor performance three games in a row. If he were just a smidge faster (more practical for any game remotely similar to a fighting game), we would never have needed two Links with largely statistical differences.

Yeah, several fighting games have had similar characters, and that doesn't mean it's okay. FGC is still sore about the recently revealed Decapre in USF4, and they are still sore over Evil Ryu. Don't think anyone has ever argued that the sheer amount of shotos that Street Fighter has ended up with is silly. Sure, people play the characters, and they will offer different gameplay experiences, but the fact of the matter is the fans can more than easily chime in for ideas for things they would actually want to play as, or options that they do not have. An original character, just like any other, will still garner appeal as long as it's good, fun, and balanced, so it's not like the argument that people will play it holds any water, either.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I never said that.

Chrom is a character who, like Marth and Ike, does not have much in the way of special powers or abilities. Aside from being athletically impressive, he holds the neo Falchion and all its powers that are within. Aside from his command over the Shepherds, that's basically it. This means that, to make a moveset for Chrom, you need to surmise an immense amount of creativity that only intensifies with each and every character that is added. Every character they add is given a specific style of gameplay, function, strengths and weaknesses, and of course an attempt of having original moves.

Which is perfectly fine. We did it for Captain Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, and to a lesser extent Sheik, among others.

But creativity poured into creating Chrom as a wholly original fighter, keeping the current roster + Ike in mind, is essentially making a moveset at least five other characters could handle comfortably. This is doable, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea. We can just as well utilize this creativity to better yet represent something completely new and fresh, like Shulk, or revise a character like Ganondorf, among many other possibilities.

To add Chrom, one who is relatively (as in, a humanoid swordsman compared to the rest of Nintendo), means they are just adding another Fire Emblem character to appeal to fans for the sake of adding another Fire Emblem character to appeal to fans. Which is 100% totally reasonable, as Smash Bros is the epitome of fan-service. However, if we're going to do that, why not add someone new, fresh, and interesting like Anna or Robin, keep Ike, and repurpose the moveset for someone else? You still get fan appeal, and you can represent more of Nintendo as a whole.
Diversity, characters with the most contrast to existing characters. Appearance, art style, gender, gameplay potential from source material, generation, any tools/weapons they may have, all contribute to diversity. And yes, I think it's very important. As do many other fans, as well as the director.
I wouldn't be so bold to make an assumption that is my pick, but I would be okay with that. As I would be okay with just Marth and Ike, just Marth and Chrom (most likely outcome), Marth, Ike, and Robin, Marth, Ike, and Anna, etc. Anything but a combination of Ike and Chrom or Ike and Lucina. Even ALM would be better than that.
I never said it was silly for Toon Link to have those items. I said it was silly for Toon Link to have those items, when you could get far more value from development time by having someone who offers a greater contrast in gameplay potential, and thus offer appealing options for a greater range of players, have a greater range of gameplay experiences, and thus greater value from the product. It's not like making Link as slow as he was in SSBM and SSBB was even an intelligent design direction, given that he's had consistently poor performance three games in a row. If he were just a smidge faster (more practical for any game remotely similar to a fighting game), we would never have needed two Links with largely statistical differences.

Yeah, several fighting games have had similar characters, and that doesn't mean it's okay. FGC is still sore about the recently revealed Decapre in USF4, and they are still sore over Evil Ryu. Don't think anyone has ever argued that the sheer amount of shotos that Street Fighter has ended up with is silly. Sure, people play the characters, and they will offer different gameplay experiences, but the fact of the matter is the fans can more than easily chime in for ideas for things they would actually want to play as, or options that they do not have. An original character, just like any other, will still garner appeal as long as it's good, fun, and balanced, so it's not like the argument that people will play it holds any water, either.
I want to say sorry and point out that I didn't want to seem like I was assuming stuff that you didn't say, just asked stuff like if you were ok with things like Chrom replacing Ike and taking most of his moves, or adding both Chrom and Robin.

I can see where you're coming from about development time and moveset, but just look at Rosalina. If she wasn't revealed already, people might have thought she would be "uninteresting" and that it would take a lot to make her unique when you could use that time to make other characters.

Sakurai pulled it off, though. I'm not saying Chrom will be as unique as Rosalina, but we don't know yet. Maybe he has a moveset that didn't take much time to create, maybe it was really hard. Maybe he's not even in. We don't know. Maybe Sakurai will pull a Starfox and add Ike and Chrom. I didn't see it as a bad thing in Brawl.
I'll take what Sakurai gives us. I believe he knows what he's doing. Even if he decides not to add Chrom. But the fact is I want Chrom and so do a lot of fans. Other fans want different characters. Sakurai has to weigh the reasons and choose.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I want to say sorry and point out that I didn't want to seem like I was assuming stuff that you didn't say, just asked stuff like if you were ok with things like Chrom replacing Ike and taking most of his moves, or adding both Chrom and Robin.

I can see where you're coming from about development time and moveset, but just look at Rosalina. If she wasn't revealed already, people might have thought she would be "uninteresting" and that it would take a lot to make her unique when you could use that time to make other characters.
Not like my post ever said anything at all along the lines that they couldn't make a unique moveset for Chrom, but okay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I never said that.

To be honest, we can't be sure whether or not adding someone else over T. Link would be more appealing to more people. The guy already has contrast in his appearance and gameplay compared to Link; and while I'm on the boat of improving the original, removing T. Link would be an unnecessary and drastic measure to achieve that. People love the guy because he represents the other end of the timeline and the toon version of his more realistic counterpart.
Besides, a game with such a diverse roster as Smash or Street Fighter can afford to have a couple of clones. Plenty of options help to countermeasure that aspect. I've never seen clones as a bad thing at most times, when I play as any of the two Links I don't even feel as if i'm playing with characters who share a similar moveset.
Even if we didn't have clones, people will always find a reason to feel sore about a roster. I assure you.
But I'm getting out of topic here.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Not like my post ever said anything at all along the lines that they couldn't make a unique moveset for Chrom, but okay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You mentioned making a unique moveset for Chrom would take up too much development time, but how do we know that? It could be the same process for other characters. What you said was that you preferred a different character to receive that unique moveset.
You don't want Chrom with Ike because they'll be too similar, but you don't want Chrom with a unique moveset because a different character could handle it better?
I can't really convince someone like that. Do you not like Wolf? He's different from Fox but looks similar. He also received hate for looking similar until people realized how different he is. Chrom can have a moveset like that and most people will like it, and many already accept him without knowing his moveset.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I may get a revised Chrom moveset for the OP done this weekend! :D

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Thought this was pretty cool and you guys might enjoy it.
This is awesome. Man At Arms makes great swords and it's awesome that they made Chrom's Falchion.

EDIT: I thought it would make sense for Chrom to summon Lucina and attack like Zelda's Phantom. At first I thought it would be too much work, but if Zelda has it, I see no reason for Chrom no to have it. Plus, Lucina is more popular than a Phantom.

I'm sure someone has thought of it, but it seems easier to picture it now.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Do you think he would replace Ike or would both Ike and Chrom be playable? Personally I think Ike will be replaced because Fire Emblem doesn't need 3 reps and Roy was cut from Melee

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Do you think he would replace Ike or would both Ike and Chrom be playable? Personally I think Ike will be replaced because Fire Emblem doesn't need 3 reps and Roy was cut from Melee

Roy didn't make the cut from Brawl because of Sonic coming in last minute. Originally, Marth, Ike, and Roy were going to coexist. Therefore, Fire Emblem was deemed worthy of three characters before and it is only more worthy now. Therefore, Marth, Ike, and Chrom could, and likely would, coexist on the roster.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Roy didn't make the cut from Brawl because of Sonic coming in last minute. Originally, Marth, Ike, and Roy were going to coexist. Therefore, Fire Emblem was deemed worthy of three characters before and it is only more worthy now. Therefore, Marth, Ike, and Chrom could, and likely would, coexist on the roster.
I never really thought of that precedent before. Good point.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
EDIT: I thought it would make sense for Chrom to summon Lucina and attack like Zelda's Phantom. At first I thought it would be too much work, but if Zelda has it, I see no reason for Chrom no to have it. Plus, Lucina is more popular than a Phantom.
That's...lol. Dual Strike and Dual Guard makes sense, but Lucina treated as a Phantom/Waddle Dee/Gordo/Toad/Pikmin is kind of insulting xD

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Actually we don't know why the characters were scrapped.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The point still stands at some time in development there were three FE characters planned.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
That's...lol. Dual Strike and Dual Guard makes sense, but Lucina treated as a Phantom/Waddle Dee/Gordo/Toad/Pikmin is kind of insulting xD
I see your point. In that case Frederick could easily fill in :awesome:. My point stands though that it's an ideal attack for Chrom to represent Dual Strike and Dual Guard.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just as a status update: I'm still working on the Chrom moveset, it's just I've been pretty busy lately. I'm roughly 1/4 done with it at the moment.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Just as a status update: I'm still working on the Chrom moveset, it's just I've been pretty busy lately. I'm roughly 1/4 done with it at the moment.
Sweet, can't wait :). A cool thing would be if all of us collaborated on a moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom