• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
pits of insanity? Why? Everyone loves Yaoi... even those that doesn't :p

Oks... OT:

I don't think Robin will make it to SSB, i'm pretty sure Chrom will, i give him a 95% of chance that he will be in, you may ask why i don't think Robin will be added... well... mostly because want it or not, Robin is the player avatar and for some people it will be weird, cause that's not THEIR Robin, that's not their character if Nintendo do that, some players may feel like their characters are irrelevant

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Lately there aren't any new haters to argue against. :awesome:
We need some Chrom content.

Oks... OT:

I don't think Robin will make it to SSB, i'm pretty sure Chrom will, i give him a 95% of chance that he will be in, you may ask why i don't think Robin will be added... well... mostly because want it or not, Robin is the player avatar and for some people it will be weird, cause that's not THEIR Robin, that's not their character if Nintendo do that, some players may feel like their characters are irrelevant
Villager, though. But I agree because AC doesn't really have character development and FE does, and that's a big reason why characters are popular.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654

Oks... OT:

In my opinion, Chrom has a 85.54% chance of being in and Robin has a 66.6% after Chrom.

Also what if they made Robin ride a horse in smash?

lami

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have the Chrom artwork/picture/model/whatever that was used in the fake roster leak?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's hard to talk about a character like this. There are two ways this thread goes.

1) It get buried due to a lack of activity.
2) It plunges into the pits of insanity.
You know, I actually wonder... How crazy would the Lyn thread have gone in an alternate scenario where she was the most recent main Lord?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's keep this on Chrom, guys.

Let's talk victory quotes/poses. Any ideas, guys? I figure the "twirl sword and plant in ground" victory pose from Awakening would be one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh man. Victory poses...Ike's were fairly perfect, so let's see...

Well, I'd say his "battle finish" pose, where he spins Falchion around and plants it in the ground.

Apart from that...hmm...

Either way, there's going to be alot of capes billowing heroically in the wind.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh man. Victory poses...Ike's were fairly perfect, so let's see...

Well, I'd say his "battle finish" pose, where he spins Falchion around and plants it in the ground.

Apart from that...hmm...

Either way, there's going to be alot of capes billowing heroically in the wind.
The only thing I want from his taunts/poses/opening/etc. is to have him plant his sword in the ground; it was one of the most comedic and epic things in the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ugh. Looks like every single post is getting likes again. Ugh...

Also, who's a GoT spoiler? What?

This is technically related to Chrom...he fights for a whole BUNCH of thrones...

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Let's keep this on Chrom, guys.

Let's talk victory quotes/poses. Any ideas, guys? I figure the "twirl sword and plant in ground" victory pose from Awakening would be one.
When Chrom wins, I want him to be shown eating bear meat. He could also be shown in his beach DLC outfit saying, "Hold on I'm coming".

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Taunts:

Up: "Well...that was underwhelming"
Side: "I will not fail"
Down:
Spins Falchion around and plants it in the ground.
Mmmm...that Frederick quote "Pick a god and pray" is one of my favorites in the game, I don't complain if Chrom steals that.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While we are on the subject of taunts, he should rip off Marth's Up Taunt while saying "Anything can change!" :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Oks... OT:

Um... Villager? Seriously though, Villager really disproves that argument entirely.

On a more Chrom related note, when do you all suppose Chrom will be revealed? Is he E3 material, or would he be better off as a secret character?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Um... Villager? Seriously though, Villager really disproves that argument entirely.

On a more Chrom related note, when do you all suppose Chrom will be revealed? Is he E3 material, or would he be better off as a secret character?
I could see it going either way, honestly, depending on whether Marth and Ike are starters or not.

Hong

The Strongest
Aside from his victory pose, it would be pretty cool if Chrom pulled out his sword at the start of battle much in the same way as he does in Awakening. Also, I would LOVE if his Final Smash had the character cut-in, as well as any other Awakening characters who appear.

Oks... OT:

Not to mention Robin is a more pre-written character than the Villager ever was, and the Villager has literally infinitey times more possible designs than Robin ever will. Everything about Robin's story is completely set in stone, and at most you can change some dialogue based on who you marry.

If you seriously think the director is so bad at game design that he will scrap awesome ideas he could have for Robin, just because localization branded her as an Avatar, then you are not giving Sakurai-san enough respect. Not even going to get into the fact all four of the lead developers have played as female Robins, and that many, many others are more or less detached from the idea that Robin has to be any set appearance.

Hong

The Strongest
"Right."
"Is that it?"
"For Ylisse!"
"Hmph. I was never any good at diplomacy."
"Hong, this is for you."
"Emmeryn, please watch over me."
"For my family, friends, and the halidom, I will not fail!"

Contextual:
"Thanks, friend..." (team match)
"To have faced a legend... I am honoured." (Marth defeated)
"The strongest of the seven realms, huh? I've seen better." (Ike defeated)
"Tactics won't win you everything." (Robin defeated)
"Bill, please." (Anna defeated)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I had this odd dream.

In it, Chrom was playable. Yay! But his entrance was exactly the same as Arthur's in Marvel vs Capcom 3, going from Beach>Great Lord.

And I think it's hilarious. :p

Ryan.

Smash Lord
First time posting on this thread. :p

I never played the Fire Emblem games but I have heard so much about Chrom. He was recently part of that Gematsu leak too. I wouldn't mind him being our FE newcomer. He seems to be relevant and very deserving of a spot.

IronFish

Smash Ace
First time posting on this thread. :p

I never played the Fire Emblem games but I have heard so much about Chrom. He was recently part of that Gematsu leak too. I wouldn't mind him being our FE newcomer. He seems to be relevant and very deserving of a spot.
he's relevant all right but not deserving of a spot per se

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd say he's deserving of a spot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
well yeah he is just not as deserving as another FE13 rep and only gets a spot due to relevance, but FE13 was popular enough the get two reps though...
?

Out of the FE13 characters, Chrom's the most deserving, though Robin is up there as well. They're the main characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom