• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Although Tiki is still my number one pick for new Fire Emblem characters (Even an Assist Trophy would be great) I took a crack at a Chrom and Robin duo moveset.

For this particular moveset only Chrom or Robin would be present on the battlefield while the partner resides in the background. An important emphasis on this duo is their unwavering trust and ability to support each other. While both characters have the ability to wield swords, Chrom would be the more regal and fluid fighter while Robin, while not having as refined of swordplay, would have an advantage in utilizing various magic from the tomes he carries around. Both characters stick to their respective classes in Fire Emblem, meaning Chrom would be a Lord/Great Lord while Robin would be a Grandmaster/Tactician.

Passive: Dual Support+

Each time Chrom or Robin scores a kill or when the damage they deal and take exceed 150% (Number subject to change) their support level raises and can be raised up to three times (C->B->A). Each time their support level is raised both characters stats are slightly increased, these variables can range from attack, knock back resistance, speed, etc.

When Chrom or Robin is KO-ed their support level is reset to zero, each time their support level is raised they’ll shout out words of encouragement to each other to notify the player that their support level is raised. You can check their support level by using the Taunt, a higher support level changes taunt, for example a C-Rank Support could have Robin/Chrom shaking each other’s hands while having no support means that the character on the battlefield taunts alone.

Chrom’s playstyle would be a middle-weight between Ike and Marth and focuses on a precious balance between strength and nimbleness. His sword motions would be fluid with strength but not terribly swift, he’ll utilize all the tools at his disposal including the Shield of Seals as well as being able to transform the Sealed Falchion into the Exalted Falchion.

Standard Special: Leap Strike. Chrom crouches on the ground and readies to leap across the battlefield upwards to a medium distance. This attack is chargeable and can be chained into or from other attacks such as his Up-Special or other Smash attacks.

Up Special: Falchion Finality. Chrom jumps straight up into the air, when he reaches his peak height he will begin spiraling downwards at a 45 degree angle (Think Tempest from the Tales series or the actual cutscene when he fights Masked Marth in Ferox Arena). When he lands Chrom will slide across the ground a short distance, this slide can be cancelled by shielding the moment you touch the ground.

This attack can also be cancelled before he reaches his peak height although the spiraling-portion also will not occur. Furthermore, holding the Special button while performing this attack will automatically charge Leap Strike, when Chrom lands on the ground with this attack you can either shield and cancel the attack altogether or release the Special button and perform a charged Leap Strike (And possibly chain to another attack as well).

Side Special: Shield of Seals/Exalted Falchion. This attack is similar to the Dancing Blade. Chrom can activate this attack up to four times, with each successful attack Chrom’s Shield of Seals will randomly obtain the five gems (Argent, Sable, Azule, Gules, Vert).

Upon the first two strikes Chrom slashes with the Falchion, each successful strike will yield two of the five gems for the Shield of Seals. Upon the third strike Chrom performs a shield strike and uppercuts with the Shield of Seals raising it in the air. If this attack connects the fifth and final jewel will be added to the shield and only then can Chrom perform the fourth strike. Upon the fourth strike Chrom slams the Falchion diagonally in the ground, crosses him arms, and is immediately baptized in Naga’s flame. The fourth strike in this case is the explosion caused from Naga’s flame that deals explosive damage on both sides.

Now that Chrom’s Falchion has been tempered it has unleashed its true potential and until Chrom is KO-ed he will enjoy additional damage and deal slightly increased knockback with the Exalted Falchion.

Down Special: Dual Guard+ and Dual Strike+. This attack acts as a type of counter as well as a switch. If Chrom uses this attack Robin will block an incoming attack and retaliate with a medium-ranged magic spell. If Robin uses this attack then Chrom will block and perform a counter attack with the Falchion.

The character will switch regardless if the counter is successful or not. I feel this brings another interesting twist for the duo in that if you depend too much on one character your movepool is limited, but by being able to carefully pick your battles and counters you can offset your opponent’s rhythm by switching your playstyle on the go.

I think the core difference between this and a transformation like Zelda and Pokemon Trainer is the defensive guarantee it offers, both Zelda and Pokemon Trainer must wait for opening before being able to transform however these abilities can be used to dodge almost any attack if the timing is right (The problem with Brawl is that the time to transform is way too long and gave a huge opening for the opponent). On the other hand Chrom and Robin can transform immediately without requiring an opening if Dual Guard+/Dual Strike+ is successful in countering an attack, otherwise a failed Down Special results in a slight delay between character switch and gives the opponent an opening to attack (Potentially as a result of a fake-out).

Robin’s playstyle, as briefly mentioned in the opening, will lean towards magic whilst still having some swordplay involved although not as refined or fluid. Like Wii Fit Trainer and potentially Villager and/or prospective Pokemon Trainer, Robin can be either male or female. Robin’s specials will be based on several tomes he/she can use in the game.

Neutral Special: Thunder. This is a chargeable attack that does not particularly have a straight-forward trajectory, instead this attack will arc towards the closest opponent within a certain area, the longer the charge the farther this attack can reach. Upon hitting a target the player may tilt the control stick and the thunder will attempt to channel and arc itself to another target (Can be an item or another character) using the opponent as a medium. This can be done up to three times with each successful attack dealing less and less damage.

Side Special: Arcfire. Robin unleashes a large burst of flame that causes him/her to jump backwards due to the recoil/explosion, this allows for more spacing options for Robin as direct, close range combat isn’t necessarily his/her strong suit. Players must be careful when using this as a recovery because facing the wrong direction while using this attack in midair may spell your doom.

Up Special: Elwind. Robin surrounds him/herself in a vortex of wind continuously spirals around Robin and carries him/her straight upwards with a little leeway for directional control. Upon grabbing a ledge or landing on the ground the vortex will spiral up and outwards dealing a small amount of damage to enemies it hits.

Down Special: Dual Guard+/Dual Strike+. Mentioned above.

Final Smash: Undecided for now. Possibilities can include summoning Chrom’s shepherds to perform various attacks randomly on the stage, utilizing a Master Seal to promote your unit granting them greatly increased stats, etc.

While Robin's moveset could use some work and refinement I still particularly like this envisionment of the duo and would appreciate whatever criticisms/suggestions you have (Though I hope I'm not plagazring anyone else's moveset because I haven't been actviely browsing the boards lately).

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
If sakurai says no, you can't change that.

The wheels of fate have already spun, there's no need to fight back, it is futile to do so. Whatever character is destined to be chosen will be chosen.
Hope will never die! As long as there are Chrom fangirls lurkings in the shadows, their rituals of influence and mindcontrol will compel the development team to ensure Chrom will be in the game.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hope will never die! As long as there are Chrom fangirls lurkings in the shadows, their rituals of influence and mindcontrol will compel the development team to ensure Chrom will be in the game.
Oh ho..... stretching things are we little lucina? the only one that can do that is grima himself.... you have no chance of budging of development team, the character is probably already chosen as we speak. You cannot change what fate has decided!

Hong

The Strongest
Oh ho..... stretching things are we little lucina? the only one that can do that is grima himself.... you have no chance of budging of development team, the character is probably already chosen as we speak. You cannot change what fate has decided!

Gck-Gods!... hngh...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

"That's quite enough!"

That being said, as fun as it may be, please try to keep the discussion about Chrom, guys. :p

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
After many years of procrastination/college, I've gotten to a point where I can type up my Chrom moveset :p.

This is going to be for a stand-alone Chrom, although I would personally prefer a duo to actually be in Smash 4.

PRESENTING: ~EMBRACE THE CHROM~

Side Note: The "aura" I describe is similar in appearance to the glow of Chrom's Exalted Falchion. Except it does have a little more visual flair (such as when "bursting," particles and cool effects appear around the sword).

A Combo -
Three hit combo. Chrom punches, does a twist-around elbow, then straightens himself out by thrusting his sword forward.
Forward Tilt -
One-handed leaning sword thrust/poke. Good range, along with decent knock-back and damage.
Down Tilt (Crouch Attack) -
Chrom jabs towards the ground, then pulls sword up. Two hit move, and works well as a launcher to combo.
Up Tilt -
Chrom sweeps his sword above him. A very simple/weaker move with good overhead coverage. May work well as a follow-up to his crouch attack.
Running Attack -
Quick, horizontal slash.

Neutral Air -
360 flip spins (much like Meta except slower, and with more range). Three hit move, with 3rd being stronger (in both damage and knock-back) than the rest.
Forward Air -
Single flip-spin into devastating meteor smash. Sword bursts with an aura (and gains the meteor properties) as it comes down from spin. This "burst" halts Chrom's momentum from the spin, so he evens out mid-air.
Back Air -
Backwards fist into a turning sword swipe. Very simple but effective two-hit aerial.
Up Air -
Chrom raises the Falchion high above his head as it explodes with an aura. Slightly delayed move, but is incredibly powerful.
Down Air -
Two-hit foot stomp: One leg, then another, in a fast manor. Effective/fast/safer move for stacking damage, or counter-attacking.

Forward Smash -
Dual-handed thrust into the sword exploding with aura. 2-hit move, but hits are fast and always consecutive.
Down Smash -
Spins sword around for visual flair, before thrusting it into the ground. As soon as his sword hits the floor, aura explodes from all around him (like a character's length on each side).
Up Smash -
Raises sword up into the air with both hands as air draws around it and pulls opponents in (initial raising of sword is not a hit). This swirling draw of wind maintains for as long as the move is charged (the Falchion can also be seen glowing more and more brightly too). Once released from charging (or if no charging is done at all), the Falchion will explode with an aura from all sides. This move has decent reach already, but the wind sucking in opponents adds to that, along with giving the move other uses (note: the area of effect for the wind isn't THAT large, nor is the pulling effect that drastic). Aesthetically, Chrom will be facing towards the screen during this move, and have legs spread apart slightly.

B Special - "Shield Bash"
Chrom uses the "Fire Emblem Shield" for this move. It is a chargeable counter, that becomes an attack once fully charged. So basically, Chrom pulls out the shield and keeps it there for as long as charged. While out, the shield acts as a counter (that will trigger the shield bash early) which gains more power the longer it's charged. So yes, this counter has specified damage outputs, and does not rely on the strength of the opponent's attack. Once fully charged though, Chrom does a "shield bash" attack where he lunges forward (to the degree of Wolf's Smash) with the shield. Upon impact, the shield explodes with a powerful aura, which does significant damage and has devastating knock-back. This move has reasonable cool-down, even if cancelled early. This is to prevent spamming the shield for counter properties.

Up-B Special - "Aether"
Chrom leaps high into the air with his sword in hand, and then comes spinning down. Multiple-hit move, where the last hit colliding with ground is slightly stronger than others. This move can be seen in action during this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaPXlKYoIo

Side-B Special - "Don't Speak Her Name!"
Leaping strike. Chrom can be seen using this move in Awakening, indefinitely during critical hits. This move can also be cancelled in the air for a quick slash below him (where he turns over to do so mid-air). The cancel described will slow the momentum of this move, and allow you to use your second jump afterwards. Very tricky move that can be used in a multitude of ways.

Down-B Special - "Exaltation"
Chargeable move that increases the power of the Falchion. Takes 5 seconds to charge, and needs to be fully charged in order to work (is not cancelable to maintain charge, must be finished to work). This move lasts 15 seconds, and ups the sword's damage x1.5 (aka only when the sword connects with opponent in some form [including aura bursts], punches/kicks will not be powered up). This move can also be cancelled at any time to recover a health percentage = number of seconds left in move. That added ability makes this move amazing for recovering damage after sending opponent flying off. But watch out, it's charging time is longer than you think, and the move's primary effect is worth keeping. It can be used in a variety of ways, such as enabling it and killing the opponent, only to recover 5% of your life for the unused seconds. Visually, the sword will start glowing and burst with an aura when done. The sword will now resemble the Exalted Falchion in appearance until time runs-out/is cancelled.

Final Smash - "Anything Can Change!!"
Chrom slashes the opponent through the top of the screen, where they fall down onto a battlefield from FE Awakening. While the opponent is still dazed on the ground, the camera zooms in on Chrom who activates Aether and a critical. He then shouts "Anything Can Change" as he starts to leap at the opponent.
- First hit does 20%, and heals 10% of Chrom's heath. Second hit does 40% and slashes them back to the main screen, where (if they had at least 40% damage before the move) they will be blown straight to their deaths. This move is still recoverable from, if the opponent had....let's say 30% damage. Any possible kills when starting damage is between 30 and 40 depends on the weight and etc. of the character.

-Miscellaneous/Other-

Forward Throw -
Pulls opponent back before tossing them forward (think baseball pitch).
Up Throw - Throws opponent up very slightly, then hits them with his sword for the true power of this move.
Down Throw - Holds sword with flat end facing opponent. It then explodes with an aura which bounces opponents off the ground, and into an arc.
Back Throw - Carelessly tosses opponent behind him.
Grab Attack - Smacks opponent with hilt of sword.

Ledge attack - Horizontal slice as he's getting up.

Up Taunt - Holds sword high with eyes closed, then brings it down while saying "I will not fail." His expression changes to a serious one when he states this.
Down Taunt - Sticks sword in ground and remarks "Well fought."
Side Taunt - Chrom gleams with the critical hit animation (the one that signifies it's going to happen) and shouts "Now I'm Angry!"

I know @ Hong Hong probably wants to see this :awesome:.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
>.>

I need to revisit mine sometime. Yours is quite good. Very creative and, unlike many movesets on this board, actually has a design direction.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
>.>

I need to revisit mine sometime. Yours is quite good. Very creative and, unlike many movesets on this board, actually has a design direction.
Thanks ^.^

Besides some cool moves, I wanted to give him some kind of theme. I thought the whole "exaltation" of his sword would be a good motif to work off of.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Don't see why he's the most deserving, considering he's probably the most lackluster choice you can make.
He's the main protagonist of an extremely well received new game. There's also Robin, who I wouldn't mind seeing, but more people know about Chrom than Robin.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
How does it not? You asked why he was the most deserving and I answered.
Because it's not convincing me on the character itself, it's just emphasizing an aspect around the character.

In other words, it's a question as to why I should go for Chrom when we have Ike and Marth. Likewise, it's a question as to why we should pick Chrom over other similar choices available like Takamaru, Shulk, Robin, etc, who can offer more to the table. Hence why I think people posting movesets here are a lot more convincing then people spewing the aspects of business.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Because it's not convincing me on the character itself, it's just emphasizing an aspect around the character.

In other words, it's a question as to why I should go for Chrom when we have Ike and Marth. Likewise, it's a question as to why we should pick Chrom other other similar choices available like Takamaru, Shulk, Robin, etc, who can offer more to the table. Hence why I think people posting movesets here are a lot more convincing then people spewing the aspects of business.
Well., if you don't like my reasoning, then there's a bunch of people here who've made movesets that you can look at. It serves the same purpose.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
At his most basic form, there is nothing unique about Chrom. Or Ike, Alm, or even a number of other Nintendo characters. The general hefty sword user. Not quite weighted enough that being fast is not believable, but not too scrawny that you can't buy the idea of them being strong, either. They can all fall into the same pool of parts needed to make the same pool of character fighting styles.

This works for Chrom as much as it does against. Does popularity matter? For other franchises, not so much. With Pokemon characters, surely, as with EXTREME cases like Sonic, popularity certainly played a part. For Fire Emblem, we don't know if it matters or not. And if it does (which it probably will since the director will undoubtedly ask Intelligent Systems), then sure. They can choose Chrom over any number of other characters that could do the same thing, because they want a new character and they want the new rush of Fire Emblem fans who have never played the console games to be happy.

On the other hand, the latest newcomer in Rosalina had little in merit, and there are so many characters that could do what she does; so why was she chosen? We may never know.

Ultimately, while Chrom is more likely than some people are willing to accept, your reasoning for why he could be selected has little to back it up. At the very least, I would think the majority end user would appreciate Chrom. Just like how Lucas fared pretty well internationally for a character that maybe 100k? people knew about outside of his homeland. Despite the fact he is a massive eyesore and a huge waste of development time.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do find the argument that Chrom will attract the new fans of Fire Emblem to play Super Smash Bros. to be kind of weird, considering it's more like the opposite. It's more so Super Smash Bros. attracts people to play Fire Emblem, and if we're talking raw sales here then it shows. I extremely doubt the people that played Fire Emblem: Awakening are the same people that never tried any of the Super Smash Bros. games. It's not like Wii Fit, which caters to an entirely different crowd that most likely never played or cares about Super Smash Bros.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have never heard this argument in my life.
I've seen in crop up, even from this very thread.

One user in particular called jaytalks claimed that either Chrom or Lucina would heavily increase in sales of the next batch of Super Smash Bros. games due to the popularity of Fire Emblem: Awakening and attracting the new fans of said game. Though, again, that doesn't exactly work out considering that a majority of people that are new to Fire Emblem via Fire Emblem: Awakening aren't new to Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
If Smash Bros does well enough, maybe we can see another console entry.

(Laughs).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, and to tone down the mood, but I will say that people making movesets for Chrom trying to justify the character do get my respect. It's actually an attempt to make the character seem better, instead of beating around the bush by simply stating "sales good, unavoidable, deal with it". The latter reason why I really hated all of the Chrom supporters.

Hong

The Strongest
Fair enough.

I like Ridley and love, Love, LOVE Palutena, but I cannot hope to congregate with fans of either despite our ultimate mutual interests, so I understand. :(

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fair enough.

I like Ridley and love, Love, LOVE Palutena, but I cannot hope to congregate with fans of either despite our ultimate mutual interests, so I understand. :(
People do like characters, but I will say that the other fanbases tend to do it from the prospective of the characters and not simply for the sake of being arbitrary. I tend to look down of Chrom because people tend to be too attached to the sales of Fire Emblem: Awakening, being oblivious to the glaring issue of diversity not being fulfilled and whether or not the choice is actually a good choice both for the present and the future. Especially jarring when people believe the the fan **** pattern theory that Chrom will replace Ike, with no justification to back it up.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well to fair the only real standard we had for Fire Emblem characters in the past has been pretty much in Melee, Roy game was about to be released in Japan. During Brawl Ike was the most recent new lord at the time being featured in his two games for both the Gamecube and Wii at the time. If that pattern would to continue that would technically cause Chrom to replace Ike. However this is only assuming that's how that is determined, there is really no evidence to suggest whether they picked Ike in brawl because he was more recent then Roy, if Sakurai simply believed Ike would be more unique, or if Intelligent Systems that makes the game had any influence or role in the decision. The only in development evidence to suggest Chrom is the Arena stage on the 3DS version of the game being the only fire emblem stage that is specifically referring to an actual Fire Emblem location. Which is not so much evidence for his likelyhood more then a interesting fact at the moment.

Chrom is generally is kind of in an odd place character wise, it's true Chrom isn't particularly unique among Fire Emblem Lords and honesty I do kind of see his personality as kind of a blend of Ike and Marth in a lot of ways, his game was the first real successful fire emblem game to be released since Path of Radiance. Due to that, Chrom is being given more exposure then a Fire Emblem Character generally tends to get which puts him in a bit of a unique circumstance which is why business and sales reason regularly come up. I enjoy Chrom about as much as I enjoy Ike though for vastily different reasons and probably would regardless of the success of the game. At the same time I do know that Chrom is kind of polarizing due to his own success as the ways the games were drastically changed to obtain that success. But that's the point where Fire Emblem becomes trickier, say for the sake of debate that only two fire emblem characters would be in similar to the previous games. Chrom and Ike have the same general problem to me, neither of them have any type of eternal staying power like Marth and in my opinion you could have Chrom and Ike using similar movesets and it wouldn't be entirely out of character for either of them. Ike main thing he has going for him is his role in the previous smash game and have more general fire emblem popularity. Out of the context of their games there are not a large number of differences I can see happening.

In reality when it comes to fire emblem I find myself extremely conflicted which is why I hardly engage in conversation on the series these days. Maining Ike in Brawl, he become one of my favorite general smash characters so I don't really want to see him go particularly, but I'd also like to see a new face on the roster, but I also don't see a large number of new FE characters being added and I'm not even entirely sure I want that many FE characters compare to other possible options.

This one is really all over the place and goes the conflict that comes along with it in my head..

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, and to tone down the mood, but I will say that people making movesets for Chrom trying to justify the character do get my respect. It's actually an attempt to make the character seem better, instead of beating around the bush by simply stating "sales good, unavoidable, deal with it". The latter reason why I really hated all of the Chrom supporters.
The Chrom fanbase thanks you back for this acknowledgement. ;)

There are much more deserving and genuine reasons on why Chrom would make an outstanding personality and fighter to Super Smash Bros. 4. If it were for botched popularity and sales figures, we would have never received Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucas, or Pit.

Chrom is a character I do contemplate on his playstyle often. It'll be a little bit until I get around solidifying it, however.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
People do like characters, but I will say that the other fanbases tend to do it from the prospective of the characters and not simply for the sake of being arbitrary. I tend to look down of Chrom because people tend to be too attached to the sales of Fire Emblem: Awakening, being oblivious to the glaring issue of diversity not being fulfilled and whether or not the choice is actually a good choice both for the present and the future. Especially jarring when people believe the the fan **** pattern theory that Chrom will replace Ike, with no justification to back it up.
I agree with you on most accounts. (Pretty much all, except I do really enjoy Chrom and want to see him in Smash 4 for that reason alone really.)

However, that doesn't come without the possibility that they won't be able to make him unique, which would literally bother me as much as it'd bother you. That said, I'm sure they'll do it somehow, whether with that weapon switching mechanic, or some other...thing. The replacing Ike thing bugs me most of all, and people just need to shut the **** up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
After many years of procrastination/college, I've gotten to a point where I can type up my Chrom moveset :p.

This is going to be for a stand-alone Chrom, although I would personally prefer a duo to actually be in Smash 4.

PRESENTING: ~EMBRACE THE CHROM~

Side Note: The "aura" I describe is similar in appearance to the glow of Chrom's Exalted Falchion. Except it does have a little more visual flair (such as when "bursting," particles and cool effects appear around the sword).

A Combo -
Three hit combo. Chrom punches, does a twist-around elbow, then straightens himself out by thrusting his sword forward.
Forward Tilt -
One-handed leaning sword thrust/poke. Good range, along with decent knock-back and damage.
Down Tilt (Crouch Attack) -
Chrom jabs towards the ground, then pulls sword up. Two hit move, and works well as a launcher to combo.
Up Tilt -
Chrom sweeps his sword above him. A very simple/weaker move with good overhead coverage. May work well as a follow-up to his crouch attack.
Running Attack -
Quick, horizontal slash.

Neutral Air -
360 flip spins (much like Meta except slower, and with more range). Three hit move, with 3rd being stronger (in both damage and knock-back) than the rest.
Forward Air -
Single flip-spin into devastating meteor smash. Sword bursts with an aura (and gains the meteor properties) as it comes down from spin. This "burst" halts Chrom's momentum from the spin, so he evens out mid-air.
Back Air -
Backwards fist into a turning sword swipe. Very simple but effective two-hit aerial.
Up Air -
Chrom raises the Falchion high above his head as it explodes with an aura. Slightly delayed move, but is incredibly powerful.
Down Air -
Two-hit foot stomp: One leg, then another, in a fast manor. Effective/fast/safer move for stacking damage, or counter-attacking.

Forward Smash -
Dual-handed thrust into the sword exploding with aura. 2-hit move, but hits are fast and always consecutive.
Down Smash -
Spins sword around for visual flair, before thrusting it into the ground. As soon as his sword hits the floor, aura explodes from all around him (like a character's length on each side).
Up Smash -
Raises sword up into the air with both hands as air draws around it and pulls opponents in (initial raising of sword is not a hit). This swirling draw of wind maintains for as long as the move is charged (the Falchion can also be seen glowing more and more brightly too). Once released from charging (or if no charging is done at all), the Falchion will explode with an aura from all sides. This move has decent reach already, but the wind sucking in opponents adds to that, along with giving the move other uses (note: the area of effect for the wind isn't THAT large, nor is the pulling effect that drastic). Aesthetically, Chrom will be facing towards the screen during this move, and have legs spread apart slightly.

B Special - "Shield Bash"
Chrom uses the "Fire Emblem Shield" for this move. It is a chargeable counter, that becomes an attack once fully charged. So basically, Chrom pulls out the shield and keeps it there for as long as charged. While out, the shield acts as a counter (that will trigger the shield bash early) which gains more power the longer it's charged. So yes, this counter has specified damage outputs, and does not rely on the strength of the opponent's attack. Once fully charged though, Chrom does a "shield bash" attack where he lunges forward (to the degree of Wolf's Smash) with the shield. Upon impact, the shield explodes with a powerful aura, which does significant damage and has devastating knock-back. This move has reasonable cool-down, even if cancelled early. This is to prevent spamming the shield for counter properties.

Up-B Special - "Aether"
Chrom leaps high into the air with his sword in hand, and then comes spinning down. Multiple-hit move, where the last hit colliding with ground is slightly stronger than others. This move can be seen in action during this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaPXlKYoIo

Side-B Special - "Don't Speak Her Name!"
Leaping strike. Chrom can be seen using this move in Awakening, indefinitely during critical hits. This move can also be cancelled in the air for a quick slash below him (where he turns over to do so mid-air). The cancel described will slow the momentum of this move, and allow you to use your second jump afterwards. Very tricky move that can be used in a multitude of ways.

Down-B Special - "Exaltation"
Chargeable move that increases the power of the Falchion. Takes 5 seconds to charge, and needs to be fully charged in order to work (is not cancelable to maintain charge, must be finished to work). This move lasts 15 seconds, and ups the sword's damage x1.5 (aka only when the sword connects with opponent in some form [including aura bursts], punches/kicks will not be powered up). This move can also be cancelled at any time to recover a health percentage = number of seconds left in move. That added ability makes this move amazing for recovering damage after sending opponent flying off. But watch out, it's charging time is longer than you think, and the move's primary effect is worth keeping. It can be used in a variety of ways, such as enabling it and killing the opponent, only to recover 5% of your life for the unused seconds. Visually, the sword will start glowing and burst with an aura when done. The sword will now resemble the Exalted Falchion in appearance until time runs-out/is cancelled.

Final Smash - "Anything Can Change!!"
Chrom slashes the opponent through the top of the screen, where they fall down onto a battlefield from FE Awakening. While the opponent is still dazed on the ground, the camera zooms in on Chrom who activates Aether and a critical. He then shouts "Anything Can Change" as he starts to leap at the opponent.
- First hit does 20%, and heals 10% of Chrom's heath. Second hit does 40% and slashes them back to the main screen, where (if they had at least 40% damage before the move) they will be blown straight to their deaths. This move is still recoverable from, if the opponent had....let's say 30% damage. Any possible kills when starting damage is between 30 and 40 depends on the weight and etc. of the character.

-Miscellaneous/Other-

Forward Throw -
Pulls opponent back before tossing them forward (think baseball pitch).
Up Throw - Throws opponent up very slightly, then hits them with his sword for the true power of this move.
Down Throw - Holds sword with flat end facing opponent. It then explodes with an aura which bounces opponents off the ground, and into an arc.
Back Throw - Carelessly tosses opponent behind him.
Grab Attack - Smacks opponent with hilt of sword.

Ledge attack - Horizontal slice as he's getting up.

Up Taunt - Holds sword high with eyes closed, then brings it down while saying "I will not fail." His expression changes to a serious one when he states this.
Down Taunt - Sticks sword in ground and remarks "Well fought."
Side Taunt - Chrom gleams with the critical hit animation (the one that signifies it's going to happen) and shouts "Now I'm Angry!"

I know @ Hong Hong probably wants to see this :awesome:.
Great set! I'll add it to the OP.

Morbi

Scavenger
You said "Who is your Fire Emblem pick anyways?"

That answer is Marth, I play as Marth most out of the Fire Emblem characters so far.
Yes, I suppose I could have phrased that better. However, you obviously knew what I was alluding to. Do you just think that we wont get a newcomer from Fire Emblem then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom