• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just wondering, what are your favorite ideas for Chrom's Final Smash, guys? That seems to be the move that varies the most in his moveset, as noted by those in the OP.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I prefer anything that references the pair up mechanic. My own Final Smash features Chrom and Lucina:
Dual Awakening (or Dual Strike)
Lucina is warped next to Chrom. Chrom attacks forward, hitting any in front, while Lucina attacks anyone behind. After a few strikes (in the same manner as a brave sword) , they switch, doing the same to anyone in front on the other side. Finally, they hit one blue flamed Aether on their respective sides to knock any opponents out of sight.

I like the idea of Shepherds all attacking, but it works better for Robin. And it also seems unfeasible due to amount of design work you would need to do for all the characters. I personally prefer strike Final Smashes as opposed to power up final smashes, so there's that as well.

The pair up mechanic defines Awakening for me so I hope to see it in some form in Smash 4.

Edum Bot

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, what are your favorite ideas for Chrom's Final Smash, guys? That seems to be the move that varies the most in his moveset, as noted by those in the OP.

The Awakening or Exalted Falchion.

Whatever name you like the most. Basicly, a power up like Wario-Man or another special Ather attack.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, I prefer the air like all of those ideas.

Hong

The Strongest
I am boring and just want The Awakening. That is for the Fire Emblem (Shield of Seals), to power up Chrom for a series of mighty attacks. Kind of like a Triforce Slash/Great Aether, only each of the five jewels powers up Chrom, altering his glow, until they all combine their might for the final attack. Of course having a cut-in and cheesy one-liner IS A MUST.

If Lucina and Chrom are together, then of course I want a super awesome dual strike, but again it must be of the sort where fighters hit by the initial attack are caught in place.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's something that has caught my attention. I wouldn't mind working with something like that.
I've been trying to tell you that for how long now? :laugh:

Glad you're intrigued. There's a basic idea for it in the OP, but I'm still in the process of fleshing it out. I have lots of real life work to do at the moment with school starting up on Monday for me, so I don't have much time to do it right at the moment. The moveset will be fleshed out more to go along with it soon (mainly, I'm going to change up the aerials a bit so that they, too, are affected by the stance shift).

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Here is my moveset for Chrom:

Standard Special: Shade Breaker
Chrom's Blade turns black while charging up and then releases black flames while slashing

Side Special: Night Slasher
Chrom rushes forwards while performing a powerful slash causing a darkness ailment.

Up Special: Shadow Tornado
Chrom Jumps and flies in to a tornado of black flames

Down Special: Counter
Same as Marth's, Ike's and Roy's

Final Smash: Shadow Field
The nearest opponent goes to the top of the screen and Chrom goes above while his sword turns black and he hold is sword down at the opponent and releases a big field of black flames as he hits the ground.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mind me asking why the shadow theme?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because according to /feg/, Chrom is a rapist and a terrible parent.

Only correlation I can think of anyway.
Oh god. :urg:

One could only wonder how they come to those sorts of conclusions...I mean, I thought he was a pretty cool dad. :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nobody can elude Habanero's spicy rage.
I am now inspired to make Habenero Money Matches

I wouldn't mind Chrom making use of javelin in his moveset, preferably side B and make it aim-able, and have the knock-back and damage of Link's fully charged arrow.

Also Falchion Slice is a potential move that I think will work into Chrom's play style.
In support a conversation between Lucina and Cynthia, it is revealed that wielders of the sword can cut objects through the air, even if they wielder misses their target.
So think of Marth's Melee neutral special attack, but after the sword has been swung a slash of wind will fire just out side of the swords range, something akin to Kirby's Final cutter recovery, only the sword slash will be much shorter. (The range will increase depending on how long the move is charged)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
For the rapist thing, basically it stems from stories of the game screwing up plans for intended marriages.

[collapse="May be inappropriate"]
[/collapse]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the rapist thing, basically it stems from stories of the game screwing up plans for intended marriages.

[collapse="May be inappropriate"]
[/collapse]
I remember there was this one funny 4Chan post about Chrom stealing one player's preferred waifu, Maribelle. Man, that was funny.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, and here's something funny that kind of happened a week ago that's a bit contradictory to previous research.

Hong

The Strongest
Standard Special: Shade Breaker
Chrom's Blade turns black while charging up and then releases black flames while slashing
I never liked melee-range charging moves that you can't put on reserve since they scarcely accomplish anything. You can already charge smash attacks, yeah? The only effective difference between them and smash attacks is that you can charge it while airborne. Which is helpful, but I can think of so many better moves. At least with Shield Breaker they tried to give it aerial momentum and a special effect, but eh. Even that could see some adjustment.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just wanted to say thanks to all of those who were patient during the DDoS thing, but it's nice to be back in full swing! I may be preparing something neat for the OP this week in commemoration.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm not too far into Awakening, but Chrom is a pretty cool guy.
He can be a good replacement for Ike, and even if he doesn't replace Ike, I'm betting that he becomes playable.
Sign me up, I support him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, Shortie and Hotfeet, you're on the support list. I put this here as to not clog the roster discussion thread. ;)

Hong

The Strongest
So, what is Chrom's theme song?

Robin's theme song without a doubt is:

Lucina's theme song is:

Ike's theme song is Eternal Bond. Aside from being a map theme in Radiant Dawn, it can also be heard when Ike fights with the Black Knight during the opening cinematic.

Those are clear... but what about Chrom?

My first thought would be this, though is it perhaps the general recruitment theme of the Shepherds? Hmm...

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
So, what is Chrom's theme song?

Robin's theme song without a doubt is:

Lucina's theme song is:

Ike's theme song is Eternal Bond. Aside from being a map theme in Radiant Dawn, it can also be heard when Ike fights with the Black Knight during the opening cinematic.

Those are clear... but what about Chrom?

My first thought would be this, though is it perhaps the general recruitment theme of the Shepherds? Hmm...
For the purpose of being a fighting game and thus needing a stronger tempo, I would give Lucina Id Hope. It's the theme for Future Past and has a nice strong feel to it.

I would give Chrom either the Shepherd recruitment theme or one of these: Don't Speak Her Name and And What if I am not worthy of her ideals. Don't Speak her Name would be my personal choice.

Hong

The Strongest
I think all of us would be a little moist/hard if we got "Don't Speak Her Name" in there.

I am happy to see that the Feroxi arena is already confirmed as a stage, That means Duty, the general field theme of Regna Ferox, will most assuredly be present.

Edit - It would also be cool if everyone got unique victory themes this time. Chrom could get Awakening's rendition of the Fire Emblem theme song, so it starts a bit later and ends with the Awakening fanfare.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also **** you people, thanks for reminding me as to why I really hate the idea of Chrom in Super Smash Bros.

I'm REALLY tempted to scrap the moveset I'm planning for this asshat because of how bloody annoying people are.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Also **** you people, thanks for reminding me as to why I really hate the idea of Chrom in Super Smash Bros.

I'm REALLY tempted to scrap the moveset I'm planning for this ****** because of how bloody annoying people are.
you mean, that you opinion of Chrom has changed yet again?

As Chrom would say, "Anything Can Change!"

Hong

The Strongest
All the same, I could say since he is the love-child of my two favourite lords, he is the manifestation of my desires.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
No, it was always negative because unlike the **** suckers out there I actually care about diversity. Chrom lacks that, deal with it.
I don't get why you relented awhile back in the first place. Chrom's not inevitable in the least.

Not that big of Chrom guy, so I don't have to deal with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom