• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything Can Change! Chrom for SSB4 - Closing Remarks, and an Invitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
*shrug* I've never personally read an interview where he talks about his love for FE. I'm mostly going off of things like him needing to go to IS for ideas on who to add when the answer is "Hmm. The main characters, I guess?"

Also, well, I do take characters not matching up with their home game as a sign that he isn't too committed to the series in question.
Though, I guess his favorite character is the overall unimportant Nabarl, so I suppose he's at least played one of the games.

Anyone have a link where he talks about liking FE? I'm curious now.
When Shadow Dragon was released, Masahiro Sakurai (who had long finished with Brawl and was well on his way) took Iwata's place in Iwata Asks. He spoke of how much he loved the series. But again, I think due to his tendencies towards retro games, I don't think he really meant the whole series. Everything that has been stated about Brawl development, and from what we see in the game, leaves me to believe he knew very little about the 3d console entries.

Sadly Nintendo took down the archive for the Shadow Dragon Iwata asks, so I can't bring up the original. :[
A side smash Javelin throw. This would act as a projectile Smash, something that I don't think has been implemented yet.
Mega Man.
Yes, well as a Bow Knight.
Actually not a bad idea at all.
I think there is a great global disparity over the Archer class. They have never been well received by English-speaking fans, though I don't think the Japanese community has ever had anything against them (which is why they have never been "buffed"). Largely in part because physical ranged weapons were really good in the GBA games, which made them less appealing. Other than that, I think people just get caught up on their lack of direct combat and are quick to disregard them.

Everyone has their own play styles, though I will say as someone who has been playing for a very long time, I like them quite a bit and they get a fair amount of work done for me. I would use them more if I didn't gravitate towards using the smallest amount of units possible.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Eh, I'm still more supportive of Lucina than Chrom.
She has a bigger repertoire to work with, and I'm rather fixated on having her be like Karas, a stark contrast of Ike while making Marth the middle man.
I love the idea as Marth as the middle man. Lucina would be great in the fast mode.

For Chrom, I want to get discussions away from him being the balanced and middle character. It's less about stat distribution and it's more about the playstyle he could operate. Ike is a heavy powerhouse while Marth is a rush down, slightly fragile speedster. I could see Chrom operating as a beat down character, which is the same position Roy occupied in Melee.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When Shadow Dragon was released, Masahiro Sakurai (who had long finished with Brawl and was well on his way) took Iwata's place in Iwata Asks. He spoke of how much he loved the series. But again, I think due to his tendencies towards retro games, I don't think he really meant the whole series. Everything that has been stated about Brawl development, and from what we see in the game, leaves me to believe he knew very little about the 3d console entries.

Sadly Nintendo took down the archive for the Shadow Dragon Iwata asks, so I can't bring up the original. :[
Mega Man.
Actually not a bad idea at all.
I think there is a great global disparity over the Archer class. They have never been well received by English-speaking fans, though I don't think the Japanese community has ever had anything against them (which is why they have never been "buffed"). Largely in part because physical ranged weapons were really good in the GBA games, which made them less appealing. Other than that, I think people just get caught up on their lack of direct combat and are quick to disregard them.

Everyone has their own play styles, though I will say as someone who has been playing for a very long time, I like them quite a bit and they get a fair amount of work done for me. I would use them more if I didn't gravitate towards using the smallest amount of units possible.

:facepalm: How did I not think of Mega Man?
I love the idea as Marth as the middle man. Lucina would be great in the fast mode.

For Chrom, I want to get discussions away from him being the balanced and middle character. It's less about stat distribution and it's more about the playstyle he could operate. Ike is a heavy powerhouse while Marth is a rush down, slightly fragile speedster. I could see Chrom operating as a beat down character, which is the same position Roy occupied in Melee.
Could you expand upon Chrom being the "beat down character"? Like what do you mean by that?

Obviously Ike is the heavy and punishing fighter while Marth is the fast but weaker character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Could you expand upon Chrom being the "beat down character"? Like what do you mean by that?
Beatdown characters are fast powerhouses with high damage output, usually great characters with great normals and specials. They are close range characters and usually have 0 long range attacks, they differ from the Momentum characters in that they don't exploit weaknesses, they just jump in and do tons of damage, and don't necessarily need long complex combos to do so. An example in Super Smash Bros. is Captain Falcon.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sign me up for The Shepherds, because just **** everything. JUST **** IT.
Ridley's possible confirmation is doing more damage than I thought...

You okay Habanero?

Hong

The Strongest
I ****ing hate the inclusion of Chrom, but one thing for sure is that recent events have been pissing me off to hell and I feel like bashing in faces.

I'M AM SO ****ING DONE WITH THIS ****.
Hey; you're a ***** but I have always welcomed your sharp tongue. You are free to bash my face. I can take it. You are still free to rap on how ****ty and boring of an idea Chrom is. I welcome your differing opinion. Why cave in now? The added drama keeps the board kicking while we wait for release (RIP IKE LOL) and after that we can cuddle and talk about all the wonderful memories.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I ****ing hate the inclusion of Chrom, but one thing for sure is that recent events have been pissing me off to hell and I feel like bashing in faces.
His inclusion in what?
Has he been confirmed or something?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ridley's possible confirmation is doing more damage than I thought...

You okay Habanero?
It has nothing to do with Ridley, it has to do with acceptance that we're forced to get an incredibly lame character because the developers hate our guts. Not to mention recent events regarding to that certain Roy fanboy is starting to really get on my nerves.

I even used to support Chrom due to the benefit of a doubt, but those times a very long gone.

Hong

The Strongest
It has nothing to do with Ridley, it has to do with acceptance that we're forced to get an incredibly lame character because the developers hate our guts. Not to mention recent events regarding to that certain Roy fanboy is starting to really get on my nerves.

I even used to support Chrom due to the benefit of a doubt, but those times a very long gone.
Ha ha. Has recent discussion per chance convinced you of this likelihood?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
WAIT. I'M SO LOST. WHAT. THE. ****. JUST. HAPPENED?

...Maybe they will announce Chrom riding Ridley for a playable character :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
WAIT. I'M SO LOST. WHAT. THE. ****. JUST. HAPPENED?

...Maybe they will announce Chrom riding Ridley for a playable character :troll:
But Chrom can't reclass to a Wyvern Ri-

Never mind. **** canon. :awesome: :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
No, no.

Today's hint would lead to a "much anticipated character reveal", with a trailer at the end of the week. The trailer starts with the camera highlighting the background of Pyrosphere, and Ridley's theme would begin to play. The camera has many takes of the stage environment and the music picks up until Ridley's head can be seen... before the head falls to the ground, revealing it to be severed. The camera pans up to a gloved hand, before revealing.

CHROM CUTS IN
Sakurai: (Laughs)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No, no.

Today's hint would lead to a "much anticipated character reveal", with a trailer at the end of the week. The trailer starts with the camera highlighting the background of Pyrosphere, and Ridley's theme would begin to play. The camera has many takes of the stage environment and the music picks up until Ridley's head can be seen... before the head falls to the ground, revealing it to be severed. The camera pans up to a gloved hand, before revealing.

CHROM CUTS IN
Sakurai: (Laughs)
I feel terrible for laughing at this. :laugh:

That reminds me, though. If Chrom gets in, what do you guys think would be his little tagline in his reveal trailer?

Hong

The Strongest
I feel terrible for laughing at this. :laugh:

That reminds me, though. If Chrom gets in, what do you guys think would be his little tagline in his reveal trailer?
I guess "Awakens" would fit Tiki better...

Marches in? Takes charge? Makes history? That's a tough one.

Would be hilarious if Nintendo used Frederick's morale poster.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I don't know, his taglines weren't really that great.

Vaike and Owain really had the best battle lines.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess "Awakens" would fit Tiki better...

Marches in? Takes charge? Makes history? That's a tough one.

Would be hilarious if Nintendo used Frederick's morale poster.
I was thinking about Marches In, but wow...I really like Takes Charge and Makes History.

Hong

The Strongest
But is that a line?
As far theatrics is concerned, yes, it is. :) It is always fun to try to convey it to an actor as a screen-writer.

My favourite ones are all mushy stuff. The way Chrom says "Thanks, friend." or Lucina's "Our bonds are strong." make me feel all warm inside, so things like that are my favourite. They translate well for this purpose of course. :b

Hong

The Strongest
Takes Charge might work better for Robin.
Well, it is in tribute to Chrom as leader of the Shepherds.

Robin:
formulates a strategy
hits the books
casts a spell
awakens (in regards to both when she is found in the field, and the whole plot device thing)
arrives, all according to plan

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Well, it is in tribute to Chrom as leader of the Shepherds.

Robin:
formulates a strategy
hits the books
casts a spell
awakens (in regards to both when she is found in the field, and the whole plot device thing)
arrives, all according to plan
Those are all better.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I vote "awakens" for any Awakening rep.
Chrom awakens for battle!
Robin awakens for battle!
Lucina awakens for battle!
Edit:
Tiki awakens for battle!
Anna awakens for battle!

Hong

The Strongest
Anna awakens for battle!
How could Anna NOT use a business or money related line! Sure, I guess she would have to fight tooth and nail with Wario, but still.

Anna...
cashes in.
breaks the bank.
is here to cut a bargain
slashes prices
makes a deal
sold out :troll:

Edit -
has a deal for you!
, and or a limited time only!
is here, and no refunds!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
That makes more sense. Just didn't want to leave out any Anna fans.

"Anna cashes in" would be my pick.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's try to keep this about Chrom, guys, despite the fact that those are all good taglines. :laugh:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Too bad everyone knows exactly what is going to happen, so why waste time?
Well, you're rage will probably run out by the time he is confirmed. Then it will just seemed forced. No one will believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom