• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone want me to host some random tournies at my place & a note of applogy to ga

GAwes

Hidden Boss
these would pretty much be on random days at random times; if the tourney starts at night or late in the evening youre welcome to stay at my house; i used to run biweeklies about 4 years ago in my garage and it was pretty legit; i can have three tvs down there easily myself and if anyone else wants to bring one or two i think we could have some pretty legit **** going: i live in newnan ga and ill be home nov. 19th: any of my north ga bros gonna come; also; maybe columbus can get off their ***** and show up; also; reflex needs to quit whatever it is that he does and play melee; also; dogysammmich

i ****ing hate european keyboards;

my appologies

for now this will be quick because im about to have dinner; but i want you to know that ive let you down; without trying to be arrogant its easy for me to say that me and my friend bobby built this states smash community; i hosted the tournaments and spent forever making videos; and bobby talked gallons to **** to out of staters to make them come and then surprised them when he took them out in finals; those time have changed; ive had multiple periods in the past few years where ive stopped playing smash; as well as multiple periods where i simply havent made the time to play anyone decent. i feel i still know the game as well as i always have but my lack of practice in a competitive scenario has left me with an inability to use my knowledge like i used to be able to on command. likewise for the past year and i half i have only been placing slightly above average in tournaments and barely squeezing my way to the top end of local tournaments; this is a real shame to me; especially since i have GA in my ****ing name lol; im very proud of how gas been doing lately and if you guys are down i would like to get myself; and all of you; back to the top of the south; you guys have been beasting (sleepyk took out cyrain :D) but were not beasting like we should be; especially me; and GAs been so good to me too; you deserve better; whenever i hear you guys tell oos Oh man GAwes is so good; hes out of practice though but hes beast blah blah its such a catch 22. on one hand im very flattered that someone would stick up for me and talk me up; but on the other hand it shouldnt be necessary; i need to step up my game if i wanna act like i can represent this state anymore; i dont want to be the old flame that used to be fire. and if i cant get back to the top; i want it to be because GAs too good; not because i cant step it up; itll be a challenge; because for the past year and a half most of the smash ive played has been at chads house the night before tournaments; but i intend to try and pull some **** out as hard as i can until this games not worth playing anymore; so as long as gas stays somewhat cheap and GAs got the eye of the tiger i think ill shoot for the top; i want the south first. by next summer i want to be able to take hungrybox; chops; and lozr and peepee out of tournaments.

much love

GAwes

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I know I'm not from GA, but the OP seems legit to me. When I started playing I always was nervous when I heard about GA for a good while.

<3 Wes, you can do it.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Wes is a beast.
Hey man I'm down for smashing with you to get you back on top of your game, and improving GA as a whole.
I'm in full support of this idea-

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
man **** a "im sorry"Just come back and beast! We will always love you man!

and get Miles back :)

GAwes

Hidden Boss
man **** a "im sorry"Just come back and beast! We will always love you man!

and get Miles back :)
man i bet i could have if he hadnt moved back to florida; i was busy all summer and then went to france and he moved back; if he was there when i got back i coulda made him beaaast again; hes beast at tatoos though; you should add him on fb and check out some of his tat art

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I thought the same thing, Chaddd <3

Hooray for GAWes, still one of my favorite smashers ever. Just his presence at a tournament makes it better. And if he's hosting it ~ watch out now!

I miss Bobby too... You should both return and **** in teams <3

On the opposite and negative side of this fence is myself, who is just now quitting, which doesn't say much because I haven't been to a OoS tourney since February... I don't have the funds, motivation, and really the game is starting to lose fun for me, too. Life decides the "rain, pours" rule along with family members having strokes and the economy wrecking my ****. Just ain't like it used to be when I could travel to GA so much more easily... Maybe I will make it down for a little WesFest if you do them, just for old time's sake, provided I get the chance. Lord knows my best Melee memories are from Wes' tournament series.

<3 GA, my favorite smash state forever

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I thought the same thing, Chaddd <3

Hooray for GAWes, still one of my favorite smashers ever. Just his presence at a tournament makes it better. And if he's hosting it ~ watch out now!

I miss Bobby too... You should both return and **** in teams <3

On the opposite and negative side of this fence is myself, who is just now quitting, which doesn't say much because I haven't been to a OoS tourney since February... I don't have the funds, motivation, and really the game is starting to lose fun for me, too. Life decides the "rain, pours" rule along with family members having strokes and the economy wrecking my ****. Just ain't like it used to be when I could travel to GA so much more easily... Maybe I will make it down for a little WesFest if you do them, just for old time's sake, provided I get the chance. Lord knows my best Melee memories are from Wes' tournament series.

<3 GA, my favorite smash state forever
thanks a lot man; well if you ever pick up the game and think to yourself thats its fun again just know that as long as im in ga (ironic since im never there anymore haha) there will be tournaments for you to go to :D

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you askin wes to go to yankeeland?

i am super down for these. too bad i have to babysit every wednesday or we could totally chick fil-a buffet + smash bros.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
you askin wes to go to yankeeland?

i am super down for these. too bad i have to babysit every wednesday or we could totally chick fil-a buffet + smash bros.
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoooooaaaaa. Are you serious? Chick Fil-a Buffet? Holy **** I am gonna go down there on Wednesdays just for that ish.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
what are you crazy
it's like the best buffet ever dood

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
is it the one where it's just nuggets fries and drink

my stomach feels really ouly after liek teh 20th nugget
or really full if i switch to fries

weak stomach

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

weak stomach
Under most circumstances, it will be nuggets, lemonade, and sweet tea. On a very rare occassion you may even see sandwiches there, but I can count the number of times I have seen this on one hand. :ohwell:

As for the OP: I wouldn't mind going to a tourney or two, provided I had a ride.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Under most circumstances, it will be nuggets, lemonade, and sweet tea. On a very rare occassion you may even see sandwiches there, but I can count the number of times I have seen this on one hand. :ohwell:

As for the OP: I wouldn't mind going to a tourney or two, provided I had a ride.

not at my chick fil a. Mine are on saturday mornings and wednesday nights.

weak stomach
WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. THE CHICK FIL A BUFFET IN NEWNAN GA IS A BREAKFAST BUFFET FOR 7 BUCKS ITS ALL YOU CAN EAST CHICKEN BISCUITS, BISCUITS, CHICKEN, ANY COMBINATION OF THE TWO, AS WELL AS SAUSAGE (link and patty) HASHRBOWNS, ONIONS, GRITS, GRAVY, SOMETIMES WAFFLES OR PANCAKES AND SOMETIMES OATMEAL, AND ALWAYS EGGS, SCRAMBLED AND SOMETIMES SUNNY SIDEEEEEEEE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

chick fila buffet sounds a lot better than it really is
:(
SEE ABOVE

L2CHICKFILABUFFETFA GS.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. THE CHICK FIL A BUFFET IN NEWNAN GA IS A BREAKFAST BUFFET FOR 7 BUCKS ITS ALL YOU CAN EAST CHICKEN BISCUITS, BISCUITS, CHICKEN, ANY COMBINATION OF THE TWO, AS WELL AS SAUSAGE (link and patty) HASHRBOWNS, ONIONS, GRITS, GRAVY, SOMETIMES WAFFLES OR PANCAKES AND SOMETIMES OATMEAL, AND ALWAYS EGGS, SCRAMBLED AND SOMETIMES SUNNY SIDEEEEEEEE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

lol <3 Wesley

dont **** with chick fil a, tong lol

Rayku

Smash Lord
Don't fret, Wes, I knew everything you just said.

We totally need to hit up Chick Fil A buffet at one of your tournaments. Holy. Crap. Yes.

Top Bottom