• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone still not found their one?

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Iv'e known I would main Pit since I realized he was A combo of Marth, Peach, And Young Link(My Melee Mains) He isn't much Marth at all, as I later found, but he's a nice version of Young Link. I'd main Toon Link, but I don't like how he handles as much so Him and Wario are my secondaries. I'm alot better than most of my friends so I have a competitive Duo that I use in duels and a fun character for FFA's that isn't very good.

I'm still best with Marth but I find pit/Toon Link so much more fun. I just wish Toon Links Fair and Bair would switch. then he'd be perfect. And I wish he had Young Links projectiles, but then we are looking at the most broken character ever. He'd be the ultimate run away and chuck stufff then combo the crap out of you character he should be.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...
I just play for fun with almost any character, although I am leaning towards Diddy or Lucas.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
I thought I'd main Marth again, but after I played a bit of Lucario I kind of gave up Marth, because I'm not ready to 'go back' without playing for at least a few months with the new stuff. Then I decided Lucas was better than Ness, and as an Earthbound fan, had to main him.

But then I just started performing better as Ness and enjoying myself more, too. I'm a Ness main at the moment. I think it has to do with having a higher degree of aerial control than Lucas.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo characters shouldn't be that good looking... too bad she is probably a lesbian :(
Nintendo characters also don't ever have any sort of sexuality.
And I'm sure that she couldn't date anyone if she wanted to. Being raised by Chozo and spending her life ruthlessly killing things has got to make her lack tact and common social skills. Not to mention that power suit probably smells like a cast.

So, yeah... you probably wouldn't want to date her anyway.

Back on topic: my question is still unanswered:
Does anyone think it is right to dismiss a character as a potential main because you think they are too good?

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
What Kirby do you main? I'm anxious to hear the color, beings you're colorblind. xP
Normal, sometimes red. I'm not that color blind, I just can't tell between some colors like purple and blue, green, yellow, and orange, etc..

I have found my third now: Pokemon Trainer . . . didn't I already post that, though? Eh.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Nintendo characters also don't ever have any sort of sexuality.
Well, you're obviously not a Fire Emblem fan :p .

neoREgen said:
Does anyone think it is right to dismiss a character as a potential main because you think they are too good?
I wouldn't. Really, if you enjoy playing as the character, why deny yourself the pleasure of doing so just because you think they're more powerful than most of the rest of the cast? Just play and enjoy.

Zevox

D13

Smash Ace
I think it's alright to want if you want to be original and not choose the characters that everyone else does. But if you truly end up liking a top tier character, don't leave him just because he's top tier. So basically, don't let a tier list make a final decision for you.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Finding mains can be really hard.

Some players insist you should play who your best with.

Others will tell you that you should choose your favourite based on fandum.

Others will tell you that playing top/high tier is the best choice.

I personally had to play for about a month before I found my "one". Ike shone out as a character that had everything I like in fighting games; range, power and grit. Heck, he LOOKS more determined than most characters. I love him for that.

You'll find someone buddy. Just tinker around a bit. You'll find it eventually.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
I, myself, have many different mains as of now...
But I think that's a good thing...
Because it seems like brawl is going to have a lot to do with character matchups... not just *pure* skill...
But I might be wrong :D

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I found my one. His name is Pit. We met on the internet. He seduced me with promises of candy and through blackmail. We're very happy together.

M.K

Level 55
I use Toon Link, Pokemon Trainer, Captian Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, and Lucas.
I guess you could say I'm still in the"deciding" stage.
But....it's really hard to just main ONE character in Brawl...

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
After going through pretty much every character, I settled on ROB a few nights ago. It's really hard to pick a main in Brawl, esp. since C. Falcon sucks so hard for some reason.

1337ZSS

Smash Apprentice
I know I found mine... Zero Suit Samus? Yeah. No matter what Metroid has been my favorite series. And I'm just best with her?

...And she does look stunning xD

tang

Smash Rookie
Snake, even before it came out.. I told my self, Snake all the way... Although I miss using Fox, funny I dont even 2nd him. *cough* Marth

orintemple

Smash Lord
I mained Marth and Falco in Melee. I was seriously disappointed with their Brawl counterparts though so I tried everyone out. Once I got good enough at the game that I could control myself correctly and what not, Fox just clicked with me. I never played much Fox in Melee because I always liked Falco better, but in Brawl it is Fox all the way.

But I am not faithful to characters like a lot of people. If I find someone who I realize I click with better than Fox, I will change my main, it doesn't bother me.

Browny

Smash Hater
For ultra-competitiveness, im still undecided whether i should use pikachu or TL. Im very good with TL but thunder... is thunder. need i say more?

I do. It almost seems to me as though the best characters have no potential that can be gained through practice. We all know what they are capable of its so easy to win if you use a pre-determined game plan.

although, i dismissed my first main, pit, after hearing his voice :p. and his taunts... oh god they make my ears bleed

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Well, you're obviously not a Fire Emblem fan :p .
:) Unfortunately, no. I want to be, but I can't dedicate the kind of time required to start an RPG any time soon.

These have been interesting responses to my question so far. Opinions are very varied.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Back on topic: my question is still unanswered:
That's why I used Roy instead of Marth in Melee.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
I finally found one in ROB, but over a long period in time.

It still might change though.

Z O S O

Smash Cadet
I mained with DR. MARIO!! in melee.... To my suprise, I guess he was to good for brawl. (He didn't get cut, he declined!). I've come very fond of Ike in brawl though and I'm happy he's my main. Still, he will never replace Dr. Mario.... :(

Steck

Smash Journeyman
So in melee i mained Marth and G&W. So I thought I was going to main Marth. But For some reason I don't like how he plays in brawl. G&W however, he got better so I kept with him. In my search of a first I played as Meta Knight for a bit. I liked his speed, but he got old. I liked regular Link but he was too heavy. Snake was awesome but he can get pwned by gravity. But when I played as Toon Link I knew this was my main. When I play teams I main Snake though.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
since characters are a bit more blanaced everyone seems to not just pick that one perosn in melee.

in melee i would always pick marth id never even touch the other ones. sure i started using fox and young link but yeah not competitively.

now in brawl i wanna use everyone lol. i main toon link and marth becaues their my stile but im finding myself use DDD, wolf/fox and snake/ ike

aleps

Smash Apprentice
First I thought I would main Olimar. I started playing with him but didn't like it. Then I tried playing with Wario, DDD and Rob, and they are my mains now. I hated Wario before, but now I can't think of a better character to use at first.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Well i first was gona main pit, then went onto meta knight, and now toon link and ike :S. Just cant make up my mind

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Since I got brawl I've been mainly focusing on Sonic and Falco but I am good with all charaters especially luigi since he was my best character in melee so i guess i cant decide...
—————
here is some advice: never miss a good chance to shut up...

Infamous Chimera

Smash Cadet
For me its a three way tie between my three best characters: Bowser, Sonic and Snake. I'll probably wait to see how the Brawl metagame develops over the next couple of months before I can come up with a clear decision.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Snake is just incredibly fun to use, though with so many characters, I can't hold myself to one. Of course, I couldn't in Melee either. I co-mained Peach and Sheik.

Anyways, in Brawl, I'm a big fan of Diddy, Snake, and Pikachu.

I also use Samus, but only for tall characters w/o projectiles.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, my mains would be:

Mario - Mained the Dr. in melee :(
Olimar - He's simply amazing.
Wario - Fear the bike

and mess around with:
Ike - Free for all king
Bowser - He's a giant turtle thingy who breathes fire!
DeDeDe - Giant Cuddly "Misunderstood" Penguin. Who can spam waddle dees!

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
I have the exact same problem...

In brawl i knew I'd main Falco, and he's definitely my best character. However, I love playing as Olimar, Lucas, Snake, and Wario. If that wasn't enough I've even started looking into DDD. In my opinion though, this just makes the game more fun. The more people I can play as the more variety each match has.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I can't just have one main. I have 2 mains and several secondaries.

Snake is one of them. When I first played the MGS games a few years back, Before E3 06, I was flabbergasted at how full of Epic Win they were. When he was confirmed, I thought it was a joke. When I learned he wasn't, my reaction was"hmm.... OK." I did research on his moveset and learned he was uber. When I picked him up, it took me a while to get used to, but I got him down. Recently, I use him a lot because I have reached a high level with him. However, I plan to take a break from using from Snake to focus on improving my game with Yoshi.

Yoshi is an old friend. We have seen many events together. Whether it was kart racing, partying, tennis, golf, smashing, or platforming, Yoshi was always my character of choice. Lately, I have not been using him in competitions because I have been focusing all of attention on Snake. My Brawl Yoshi is currently under construction. I will practice and start using him again.

I still freelance from time to time to find my other 3 mains. Toon Link is a likely candidate.

Sacrifar

Smash Rookie
I've had the EXACT same problem, bro.
I used to play with marth in SSM as well, Can't seem to find anyone good now, because any character I take ends up getting PWNED by my friend in SSBB(ironically, whom I used to pwn with marth in SSM)
What to do? Im dying.
im dead..

Wish Cloud was in Brawl.

kinshou

Smash Rookie
i wanna find a char that is unique and not too widely used
basically i want an underused character..
so any suggestions would be nice
right now i'm lost as to who is underused lol
before i had some idea.. but now all those characters are used widely as well.. ><;;

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yep...

Well, I a quite GOOD with King D3, Diddy, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard ftw), and Snake. I also love playing as Olimar, Wario, Falco, and Kirby. (Yes, I AM undecided, my sig lies)

I''d like to narrow it down to one true MAIN. So I can move on to tournament level with that character.

It's also bad tat I'm a very indecisive person. I need to get to figuring it out!

Top Bottom