• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone plan on Switching thier mains when Brawl comes out?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
How can he not be a Fox clone? >_>

Anyways, it's impossible to tell who be my main at this point, and I would assume it would be the same for you all. Well I guess you guys will ahve fun with it though. Still, I need to know more about each of the characters before I could even guess.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Almost certainly a fire emblem or zelda character. And then somebody fun/annoying like young link/peach.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
out of all the characters that are announced so far i would have to say ike... he just looks bada$$ but im going to be unlcoking and plaaying every char b4 i decide... hopefully diddy is in i wanna main him to. Also.... how do you learn the tiers

full_95

Smash Journeyman
on the off chance that chrono makes it in, he'll be my main no doubt. but from what we know now, ill be going with snake in the beginning, hes gonna be dirty.

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
My current main is Kirby and I plan to continue to use him but my current top 5 is Roy, Ness, Kirby, Pikachu, and Marth. I hope to get a new top 5 that will include Ike and Tom Nook

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I'll be equally using Pit and Captain Falcon. And I'll keep Ike as a back up (like how I use Marth at the moment).

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I'll always play Mario as my main,but I'll try to do well with as many other characters as I can.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
How can anyone decide what they're main is going to be before playing? Just wondering. I mean I loved Kirby in SSB64, but as SSBM quickly showed us, old awesome characters can quickly become crappified.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
How can anyone decide what they're main is going to be before playing? Just wondering. I mean I loved Kirby in SSB64, but as SSBM quickly showed us, old awesome characters can quickly become crappified.
I don't see whats wrong with it. we still have a few months to wait, so lets pass the time.

anyways, my main has always been (at least for the most part) Fox. But I would love to take all the newcomers out for a spin, particularly Wario and Metaknight.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well I mained Link in Melee, I really wanna main Sonic (if in) and Snake. 3rd parties really..... Ike though looks very fun to master.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I'll probably try out Pit, since, lets fake it, he looks ****ing overpowered (multijump, relatively fast character with a ^B recovery, nice projectiles, and a disconnected hitbox (sword)). Of course, Mario has been my main for a while, so I'll be checking him out early, next to Link. Snake looks cool, but I don't know if he measures up to my old favorites.

helterskelter

Smash Cadet
Err just for the people saying that they hope that Snake doesn't suck, he looks really floaty and laggy. Just take a look at the first trailer and watch him jump. He is VERY slow.

Dang, i wanted Snake to be awesome :ohwell:

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
I have no choice but to change my main because my current main is Ice Climbers. I know they haven't said that ic's are in or out, but i've heard very strong arguments saying why they wont be. as sad and outraged as i was, i had to accept the facts and realize they're probably right. SO i plan to choose Metaknight to beat my 1st run of classic mode, then i think i'll try Pit, then i'll use whichever non-unlockable newcomer that we DONT already know about

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
Unless my two unlikely dream characters are confirmed, which is very unlikely, I'll probably end up playing Meta Knight. Anyone who can attack that fast, jump that much, and has a better roll/spot dodge/shield (assuming that invisibility cloak is his shield) than everyone in Melee has punishing abilites that no one in melee ever dreamed.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Planning on it? Potentially, yes. In Melee I alternate between Link and Zelda (yeah yeah, low-tier, I know), and am eager to try their Brawl-updated forms. I'm also very eager to try Pit based on what I've seen, and am a big fan of Ike's character design so am hoping to be able to do well with him, too.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about things. I figure between those four characters (and any other additions Sakurai has in store), I should find at least one character I can be tournament-quality with. So I'm pretty excited for Brawl, and eager to try out Pit and Ike, along with any other new additions that show up.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I would like to ask to all the people that plan on maining Pit have you ever played a KI game better yet beaten one?
I don't see what the problem is with people maining Pit that haven't played his games. The more popularity the better.

Do you actually think that everyone who mained Marth actually went out an bought an Fire Emblem game? I haven't, but I intend to.

Blastaspamma

Smash Rookie
I really want Wolf and Banjo Kazooie (cant believe he hasnt been mentioned yet) seeing as falco probably wont be in it and wolf would probably be similar, whereas Banjo kazooie is my favourite game of ALL time and his move set is basically laid out in front of him from his games. But, from the confirmed, Ill probably go fox/meta knight.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I really want Wolf and Banjo Kazooie (cant believe he hasnt been mentioned yet)
Nobody has mentioned Banjo or Kazooie because they have practically no chance on being in the game considering they are owned by a company who now belongs to Microsoft.

It's definitely impossible for me to pick a main without playing the game. I changed my main a few times in Melee and will likely do the same with Brawl. I doubt I will primarily use the same character for however many years Brawl is relevant in the video game community.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what the problem is with people maining Pit that haven't played his games. The more popularity the better.

Do you actually think that everyone who mained Marth actually went out an bought an Fire Emblem game? I haven't, but I intend to.
who said it was a propblem I just ask so I could get tips to beat the game

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's big fat *** is calling to me.

Somehow I see him close to high-tier and as my main. I'm getting tired of using Peach anyhow.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
My main will still be DK but if K.Rool is in then I will change to him. Maybe I will main Zamus ahead of DK and K.Rool only if her transformation isnt F'ed up.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
People I don't think we can decide who are main is going to be at this stage, something tell me we've seen less than half the characters. If the release Lucario next week, then everybody will be like "ZOMG I'M SO MAINING HIM!" and if they release Simon Belmont then everybody will be like "ZOMG I'M SO MAINING HIM!"

You can't decide if you haven't even played the game, yeah you'll probably use that character first, but for all you know, Kirby could be completely kick ***.

Play the game before you decide is what I say.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
How willing are you to push Brawl to Melee's current level of competition? Even if somethings will change.

sheik fanatic

Smash Rookie
If Zelda doesn't change into Sheik this time around i'll probably be Ike, Pit, Snake, Link or Metaknight.

Revven

FrankerZ
My mains in Melee were: Falco, Link, Sheik, Marth, Mario, C. Falcon, Luigi, Fox, Pikachu, Samus, and Young Link. I know Y. Link is going to be axed, Marth is for possible axing (but I hope not) and Falco has a possible chance of being axed. As for my mains I plan for Brawl? Meta Knight, Link, Pit, Ike, and...Bowser if possible. And, anyone else who is good that I can use like Mario or Samus (DEFFO Samus this time!)

hao chi

Smash Cadet
I'm planning on keeping Samus as my main unless I find someone else I like more. Depending on the changes to characters Link may become my main again, or a new character like Pit or Ike.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm just going to go with whichever character I like the best.
Quoted for mega-truth.

I'm going to play as every character, obviously. And if history is any augur, characters will drop from my rotation until I'm left with 2-5 'main' characters that I like the most. Of course, the list is never static.

Top Bottom