• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone master the jet hammer glitch?

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
I practiced it a few times...its fun to play around with it...cant see to many uses for competitive play...

unless someone out there has mastered using it...

anyone?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
i can use it pretty well sometimes. If someones shield is relatively low, the size of the mech hammer goes right through shield and hits the enemy. not most know that so give it a shot ;)

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
i find the best use for the mech hammer is to use it while falling or to ledge guard with it occasionally...

Im just waiting for someone to use it like the SWD samus could do in melee

THAT would be bad ***

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
could u explain the glitch?

the jet hammer has soo little range tho. its a surprise attack i dont use often

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
i can't get it to work, but i will say one thing.

the hammer is really good in some situations, if someone is below you you can use it in a fast reactive situation, or for small shields.

i forgot about this technique totally gonna try to get the glitch to work

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
yea i try to practice this glitch once a day...still cant do it on command

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
thats for the vid. thats pretty cool ima go try it.

altho this one guy said was funny.

" is a dam engine in his hammer its SUPPOSE to do that"

lmfao

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
yeah, so this move HURTS you, and you have to stand there and OBVIOUSLY CHARGE IT before you can do it.

How exactly do you guys imagine that being a viable tourney move? lol

whut?

Smash Journeyman
yeah, so this move HURTS you, and you have to stand there and OBVIOUSLY CHARGE IT before you can do it.

no one said it was a tourney move...you did.
if you actually were a ddd main youd know he doesnt get hurt by it after 150%
if you master it you dont need to spend time chasing, it would be instant.
link isnt ddd...

Spidah

Smash Apprentice

Hmm, maybe it can like enable you to chase someone at the end of the stage and then clobber that der kirbeh out of him ? You know, its not that long to charge, if you can pull it off at the second your hammer is charged, you get a great moove, period .

jaaboy

Smash Cadet
its like a ******** wave dash, just a really quick dash of DDD and a hit immediately out of it...could have some uses imho

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
link isnt ddd...
Lol at this flame, Anyway, I doubt it would be useful to master, jet hammer is a waste of a move anyway.

My opinion matters.

Not.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Most chars can wave dash but some cant, and some its useless on. Jet Hammer is for one character and as already explained it has horrible range and is better left alone as a "fun" move I guess, I never use it.

From the video you HAVE to be fully charged with it and I doubt regular players would take the time to learn this since people have already tried it and its already sketchy enough. So that in mind, SUPOSE a pro learned how to do this and do it well. Then what? sits there on his *** to charge the **** up, while the opponent just sits there and goes "well I wonder WTF hes doing." GG

EDIT: Even not taking this glitch into account its still a crappy move and F-smash is much more useful to learn the timing. It actally has range.

Plus by the time you actually get in range to do this, any ****** with half a brain will shield. Then proceed to **** you because of the horrible ending lag.

You cant even cancel it, once you start it you have to et go, ending in lag, so you cant fake him and grab while he shields.

Go back to the luc forumz pl0x

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
well i dont think jet hammer is completely useless...

i think of it as an aerial smash...

alot of people know exactly how to time their air dodge to make my bair or fair miss them...

the jet hammer allows me to open up ddds move set...every now and then i use it to keep my opponent guessing...

also using it while falling is very useful...this move tends to break through medium shields better then bair or fair

while its not something any ddd player should abuse...or even use consistently...i dont think we should completely rule it out as a usable move

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
I don't see to much use of it really. I think if someone masters it, they might use it occasionally, but really not much will come out of it in my opinion. Who knows.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
srsly people, try dthrow to sh-hopped jhammer. it works.

and i just placed 2nd in a tourney with 120 ppl there, where i ***** with hammer kills, trust me please, you will all benefit if you can get the timing.

it even works to full hop and charge it right in front of someone and turn around when the roll and just let it go, it kills at like 45 :-D

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
srsly people, try dthrow to sh-hopped jhammer. it works.

and i just placed 2nd in a tourney with 120 ppl there, where i ***** with hammer kills, trust me please, you will all benefit if you can get the timing.

it even works to full hop and charge it right in front of someone and turn around when the roll and just let it go, it kills at like 45 :-D
Do you have videos of you using it in a match? I'd like to see them if ya do.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
yes sir i do!

as soon as i get my recorder back i'll show you and whoever else is interested :-D

infact, i may start a jet hammer tutorial thread, hmm...

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
yes sir i do!

as soon as i get my recorder back i'll show you and whoever else is interested :-D

infact, i may start a jet hammer tutorial thread, hmm...
I'd like to see it. I hardly ever use it anyways, but if it has more options I might need to start using it more.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Isn't this just a bunch of forward dashes? Possibly caused by the controller's rumble function.

Because when you go into training, set speed to 1/4, charge your jet hammer, and smash your stick like you're doing some kind of extreme foxtrot, Dedede moves pretty quickly, I think. I can never tell in 1/4 speed though.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
omg fogo thanks for the mini combo LMAO

it works on scrubs soooo well. jet hammered right in the face!!!

Buuman

Smash Ace
link isnt ddd...
Don't be ragging on people, theres no need to be a ********..all he is saying, is that you stand there and take damage UNTIL 150%..which is high anyway. Grow up a little, you're the typical brawl nub that thinks he's tough ****. "Link isn't dedede"?! xD..I suppose you're gonna say.."bowser isn't dedede" Why practice a ****ing move..when you're not gonna use it in a tournament..come on now.. -_-

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
Oldddddd thread is Oldddddd.

Fogo how about those vids now? :D

Pwnguin2015

Smash Rookie
Its pretty useless IMO.
No... It's not... >_>
It is extremely useful against people who don't expect it. And since it is supposedly "impossible" to master, no one WILL expect it. I have used it in some of my matches against people and they always ask WTF I just did. And besides, if you can get the timing down perfectly, you can even Dash-Dance while doing the shuffle glitch. Think mindgames much?

Common misconception time!!! This glitch DOES NOT need a fully charged hammer. You can initiate the high speed glitch at any point upon starting your Down-B. So if you do it right, you can do this, attack, and take no damage. Isn't that grand?

Isn't this just a bunch of forward dashes? Possibly caused by the controller's rumble function.

Because when you go into training, set speed to 1/4, charge your jet hammer, and smash your stick like you're doing some kind of extreme foxtrot, Dedede moves pretty quickly, I think. I can never tell in 1/4 speed though.
You are thinking of the easy way to do it. The originally discovered way was to hold the control stick in between his standing and moving animations and it causes him to go much faster than you could hope to go doing the tap technique. While the tap technique is easier, it provides less pay off and loses what surprise factor it has.

I use this glitch sometimes more consistently than others. Sometimes I can crank it off right off the bat, other times I struggle with it and have to give up because my opponent isn't going to let me stay there. I've roflpwn'd my friend I few times because he's an Aura Sphere camper so when he is charging his Sphere I shuffle towards him. He usually launches it and, since I know it's coming, I jump over it, land, and beat him in the face with a giant mechanized hammer.

This glitch is relatively useless against projectile users since they can easily put an end to it. It is still very useful for making your foe panic and do something they don't want to do, and it seems that this glitch scores you a sweet-spot all of the time (yes there is a sweet-spot [thinks of the times he's used a fully charged jet-hammer on someone only to have them take 25% damage and go very slightly upwards when they were at 121% >_>]).

The Jet-Hammer in itself is a decent to good move. I use it multiple times during a match and I usually just mind game with it. This move is a move that has to fit your play-style. Those who say it suck usually stick to a more aggressive, all-out style of fighting. Those who find it useful stick to a more defensive, wait-for-the-opponent-to-make-the-first-mistake style. There are defiances to this assumption but that is just my take on things.

This move has much versatility and with a good sense of timing, prediction, and luck, you can usually kill foes who think they can get the upper-hand and underestimate your ability of movement. The Shuffle Glitch helps you maintain and extend that ability to move freely and can really mess with a foe trying to break your Jet-Hammer. At which point, you can Shuffle back and punish their lag.

all depends on how you use it and if it fits your style.

Top Bottom