• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anyone like the new yoshi's island stage?

gantrain05

Smash Master
i find that yoshi's island is a really fun stage, small middle platform, and those 2 blob things that come up from the sides are a godsend when you play someone with such horrible recovery as ganon but, anyone else think this should be a neutral stage in tourneys or is too much stuff goin on?

Gamekidadv

Smash Cadet
Its my third favorite neutral stage, behind Smashville and Battlefield. My only problem with it is how the sides can gimp some characters' recoveries like Ike.

Eliasopataso

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I do. I play Battlefield more often than any other stage, but I'm more pleased to play on Yoshi's Island than on Battlefield again. Maybe because it's so colorful and has more relaxing music.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Neutral, certainly. No interfering hazards, no serious distractions in the background, and no obvious advantages for specific characters.

And yes, I love the new Yoshi's Island. It's got one of the best visual designs of the new stages, the music is good, and it's not a hassle to play on like Hanenbow or Rumble Falls are.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I like this stage over the last Yoshi's Islands to be honest. This is one of my favorite stages in the game. I consider it a neutral.

Too much cloud camping going on in the last Yoshi's Island in my opinion.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
It's my second favorite stage, behind Smashville.
Extremely neutral, pleasant background, pleasant music, walls to jump off of or get stuck in (Luigi).

Thumbs up.

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
We had a bad snow storm on the day brawl was gonna have the midnite launch, so it was delayed till the next morning. I waited in front of EB Games, in the cold, for almost 3 hrs b 4 it opened! It was reserved, i just wanted to show loyalty to the game. Since day 1 of owning the game, ive played on yoshis island, at most, maybe 20x?

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
It has some of the best songs from the game, the same beautiful graphic style as the game it is based on, and has an excellent layout for fighting on.
Defiantly one of my top 5. Any one who doesn't think it should be neutral has some serious problems -_-

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I like the stage, but for some reason I never choose it! It's really fun but if you're a DDD player when you do your Dedecide sometimes the platform ghost comes up. I like how the seasons change too!

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
I like this stage it's a little better than the ones before it. I like how the music kinda syncs with the season change.

Hippopotamus

Smash Rookie
It's one of my favorites. It's definitely better than any of the previous yoshi stages.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I love the colors of this stage. It's so beautiful.
The only problem I have with this stage is how the main platform like forms a V. If you were to stand in the middle of the stage it kinda goes up as you walk towards the edge of the platform. I play as Peach so when I float close to the ground, I always hit the slanted parts and then Peach stands up. It's very frustrating but other than that I love this stage.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
its a fine stage but i miss the clouds from other yoshi stages it was a smash staple up till this game

themastaofbrawl64

Smash Cadet
first off, i don't hate this stage, it is just too small for a four person brawl.

and whoever said it is great for wolf is obviously not a wolf user, half of his attacks would make him fall off the edge, and the landmaster is the worst final smash for that stage.

Top Bottom