• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone have ideas for new mechanics in Smash?

D

Deleted member

Does anyone here come up with new ideas for some new game mechanics for Smash? I had an idea for back B special, where you push backwards on the analog stick in the opposite direction your character is facing and the preform a new special move.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
ex cancelling like in SF4. Cancel out of special attacks or standard attacks into another.

Grab reject like in blazblue where you have a brief moment to reject a grab by pressing the grab button yourself.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Firstly, wavedash should have its own button. Consider it a "quick dash" where you go backwards or forwards without changing the way your character faces and allow using moves during the dash itself. This pretty much emulates wavedash as its own command. Well, except for in the air.

But an actually new thing would be an "aerial wavedash" probably just called "air dash". It is a very quick horizontal motion in the air like directional air dodge, except like the grounded version, you can use any aerial during the dash itself without having to turn around. And if you air dash into the ground, you transition into a wavedash, if only briefly. The cost of air dash is that it would count as one of your jumps, but it is a better double jump for those characters with bad horizontal recovery.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
3-level Final Smash meter, EX specials that consume meter, and custom Final Smashes.

Grab reject like in blazblue where you have a brief moment to reject a grab by pressing the grab button yourself.
Teching throws is already a new feature.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Firstly, wavedash should have its own button. Consider it a "quick dash" where you go backwards or forwards without changing the way your character faces and allow using moves during the dash itself. This pretty much emulates wavedash as its own command. Well, except for in the air.

But an actually new thing would be an "aerial wavedash" probably just called "air dash". It is a very quick horizontal motion in the air like directional air dodge, except like the grounded version, you can use any aerial during the dash itself without having to turn around. And if you air dash into the ground, you transition into a wavedash, if only briefly. The cost of air dash is that it would count as one of your jumps, but it is a better double jump for those characters with bad horizontal recovery.
... You know air dashers are actually a subset of fighting games, right?

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
More elemental weaknesses and strengths like Pokemon Trainer's pokemon are
Playing as boss characters against teams of other characters
I'm pretty sure the Trainer's weaknesses were removed. Otherwise, all the newly added Fire attacks would put Ivysaur in an even greater disadvantage. They added flames to Kirby's hammer!

D

Deleted member

(I hate how there can't be a comic sans font) My mechanic idea... is Stans Undercraft

Edit: Incase you don't get it, it's a combination of Minecraft and Undertale

Last edited by a moderator:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hitstun-knockback separation. I may be a casual player, but I'm still not fond of the idea of hitstun being entirely dependent on knockback.

I have that same idea, but I think air dash should be once per getting off the ground instead of expending your double jump.

Top Bottom