• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone going to Arizona? I picked up Falco.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone going to AzoneTwo Step? Sethlon and I will be there :).

And I picked up Falco...any good advice? Really though >_>...I probably will just wing it. It worked for my ICs and GW >_>.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
sethlon influence right

just hoar bairs, chaingrabs into spikes, and lasers and you'll win!

Blad01

Smash Lord
And I picked up Falco...any good advice? Really though >_>...I probably will just wing it. It worked for my ICs and GW >_>.
Why ? Did you like hil at the beginning ? I would doubt of that. So, you just picked him to win... Well, i find this dumb. And G&W/ICs are enough to win....

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
He wants to pull a Forward and enter a Falco that is 2 days old :laugh: ( j/k)

But yea, learn the people you can't chain grab(that why you know who they are and won't try to CG em, there are only a few of them), practice your laser approaches, use shine for spacing (and do Short Hop shines to knock them out of the air if necessary) and his Dash Canceled Boost Smash.

The rest now is just learning his moves and how to effectively use them in combos and other situations. But I'm sure that won't be a problem at that point if you are going to wing it.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Hylian is copying my mains XD First Pika now this!

Na but seriously, N Air D Air and B Air for air, Lazer and shine game, CG to spike/gatling U Smash and for kills F Smash and U Smash.

Easier said then done though

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why ? Did you like hil at the beginning ? I would doubt of that. So, you just picked him to win... Well, i find this dumb. And G&W/ICs are enough to win....
...I don't like anyone in the smash series enough to main them just because of that.

I am picking up Falco because I enjoy watching Sethlon play him, and I enjoy playing Sethlon.

I enjoy playing many characters. Gives me options for counterpicks.

Also: I do play to win...that's why I DO win. I am litterally the only person in Texas that has beaten Sethlon consistantly, and Sethlon ***** the people that I sometimes lose to.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Welcome to Falco Hyli. I knew it was only a matter of time. This actually works well for you, because Falco can be somewhat technical, but in reality, most of it actually isn't needed.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Also: I do play to win...that's why I DO win. I am litterally the only person in Texas that has beaten Sethlon consistantly, and Sethlon ***** the people that I sometimes lose to.
It's true, he's the only guy I know who beats Sethlon. (consistently, I guess)

I'm sure you'll have one of the best Falcos in no time Hyli, you're just too good. ;)

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Just to clarify your still keeping with pikachu too mirite? You're QACing in that marth was so funny, it should have an epilepsy warning there was that much flashing.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just to clarify your still keeping with pikachu too mirite? You're QACing in that marth was so funny, it should have an epilepsy warning there was that much flashing.
Yea. I am also picking up DK.

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Hylian, my best advice for falco is mostly keeping the right frame of mind. Don't become "afraid" when you're falco; a problem I used to have with him is when I get locked into making dumb mistakes because falco falls prey to lagless characters like MK and G&W. When you're falco, you really gotta step back and reassess the situation if you keep falling for the same dumb things because they are pretty fast. Approach with lasers whenever you can, because even if it doesn't hit the opponent it still limits their movement. Take advantage of a missed smash with your fsmash. SH immediate phantasm as an approach on any character, there's no lag and you can chain them together at low percentages. Reflector when your opponent is on the end of the match and you are trying to edge guard, and when ledge guarding specifically, ledgehop bair at the VERY last moment. Bair has so little startup lag that it is efficiently surprising.

Now, on the problem of MK and G&W:

For MK, sh dair, shff nair, chaingrab, phantasm. These are things you should really stick to with him. Don't try and confront him from the front in the air or below, because his fair and dair are both very fast. His whorenado is easily destroyed by a simple laser or reflector (or dair in the top of the tornado, but that's a bit harder to get). When he is recovering, remember that dair has equal priority to MK's shuttle loop. Both shuttle loop hits. Use that to your advantage.

For G&W, spot dodge his dsmash and counter with a simple jab combo. If he starts a dthrow dsmash chain, tech roll away and jump the hell away from there. If he dairs from above, spot dodge and usmash or dsmash. Alternatively, you could grab. I don't remember if you can do a real chaingrab with G&W or not, but I'm pretty you can. Fake out G&W as much as you can with missed SHDLs, and then SH immediate phantasm into him to toss him up. SH dair is effective, but if he counters with a utilt or sh uair, well... watch out for those. :laugh:

Falco is a good character if you know how to use him, just uh... I guess watch how sethlon plays? He's the nearest good falco for you, and he's better than most falcos I know so just observe really. Good luck learning the blue bird himself.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Holy crap.

Holy crap.

FALCO IS AMAZING!!!!

I am finding so many cool things..this is too much to handle.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
A pit off topic.
When is the Az tournament exactly?
I live in tucson, which is convenient.
-t2

*edit, nvm. I found the thread. ITs going on right now.

Top Bottom