• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else want to tell me G&W is broken?

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
from the last thread i posted on:

I'm so sick of threads like these. It drives me insane. GAME & WATCH IS NOT BROKEN. PERIOD.

1) He's light.

2) Cry about his approach all you want, its called a shield. Use it. It really isn't that hard to block his b-air with it. "But its a shield stabber!" So attack after the FIRST time he uses it, not after the 3rd or 4th.

3) "but...but..his d-air!" SO PERFECT SHIELD IT. It really isn't that hard. Soon after he's wide open for an f-smash, so long as your character isn't slow.

4) "His down smash KO's at 80%, every character!" A. wrong. only lighter characters. the heavier ones can take more of a beating. B. Wrong again. Thats only sweet spotted. Avoid that spot. Again, not that hard.

You play against enough G&W's and you'll find it rather easy to beat him.

Some people complain so much about broken characters. They complain about "pre-lag" "post-lag" "priority" "speed." Some may even cry out "broken!" But these people are ridiculous. If you're one of these people, you're using these as an excuse. You are amongst the people who can't face the fact that you just aren't quite as good as Brawl as you were at Melee, so they all run around forums screaming "broken! broken!" This game hasn't been out half a year. Why in the hell would you be at your meta game already?

It's called strategy. It's something few people actually have in this game. That's what separates the n00bs from the competitives. It's what keeps people from screaming broken.

If you are one of those screaming it, do yourself and all of us a favor. Set down your controller. Walk over to your Wii. Take Smash out of the Wii, put it in it's case, turn off the Wii, and get rid of Smash. Because it's people like you that are ruining this game.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Thank you. lol. yeah, Diddy is very good against him.

I'm not saying he isn't a good character. he's very good. It's just, he isn't "broken." Especially not because some 12 year old can't find enough strategy to out play him

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Thank you. lol. yeah, Diddy is very good against him.

I'm not saying he isn't a good character. he's very good. It's just, he isn't "broken." Especially not because some 12 year old can't find enough strategy to out play him
Oh he's far from "broken". TBH I don't think anyone in the game is "broken" and I don't think snake or metaknight is what people make them out to be. They all have their advantages, but I'm on par with all characters with Diddy. I personally think Falco is the best in the game. It's all about playing smarter.

Neb

Smash Lord
I don't believe he's broken, he just has great priority, and many hard-punishing options. Which are counter-able, but difficult to pull off if your versing a smart Game and Watch.

Its a tad early to be yelling out broken, the game itself is still fairly new, characters are still forming their metagame.
People think Snake is broken because he has so much potential. But, his tilts, I can't help but think they're rigged, its just ridiculous, the range and KO capability.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
G&W is broken:) Of course, I'm a G&W main so I'm happy about this. But yeah, if your answer against G&W is to shield his moves(especially his turtle), and get hit by the sourspot of the downsmash instead of the sweetspot, you're going to have a tough time beating any decent G&W players, especially good ones. The more I read that post, the funnier it seems actually:p

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
G&W isn't broken, so I guess I agree.
I've picked up Mario recently, and im shocked.
G&W is surprisingly slow, and I have have an easier time landing a smash with Mario.
Though, G&W is easier to kill with all and all.

Neb

Smash Lord
Lol, I tried out Fox, I love the laser, but in any case, he's way faster than Game.
I'm still contemplating whether or not to pick up him, DDD, or Olimar, as an alternate, ><. There all different.

napZzz

Smash Hero
If game and watch is not broken, then snake and meta knight arent broken either.

Game and watch has over powered smash attacks, uber up b recovery move, the uair, all of his moves are very useful, dis jointed hit boxes on his nair and bair, and that bucket...

2 down falls on game and watch. Weight, and medium speed.

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
G&W isn't broken, so I guess I agree.
I've picked up Mario recently, and im shocked.
G&W is surprisingly slow, and I have have an easier time landing a smash with Mario.
Though, G&W is easier to kill with all and all.
Mario is quickly becoming my new main. I love him. He is soo crazy!

cutter

Smash Champion
G&W isn't broken, and neither are Snake and MK. They are just really really good characters.

G&W has some predictable patterns, but he easily makes up for it in pure power and sick disjointed hitboxes on most of his moves. And a lot of times, you can't do too much about moves like Bair and Dair other than dodge or roll out of the way. They're also very hard to punish as well due to the very little cooldown afterwards.

You are correct about the Dsmash, but getting sweetspot isn't as hard as you think. The sweetspot hitbox has very deceptive range and will hit above, below, and outside the tips of the hammers. Even a sourspotted Dsmash sends you downwards at an angle, making it very hard for characters that have bad horizontal recovery to come back.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Hes obviously not as broken as snake but
His dtilt and Bair have stupid hitboxes
all his smashes are fast yet strong
hes got a great recovery
and barley no lag on most of his moves (exxcept fair)
i dont think he is broken at all but just a very good charachter

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W is only remotely close to broken in teams. XD

But otherwise, nah. He's just top tier.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I have a hard time playing against GaW as all of my characters barring Luigi. It may just be because as luigi I'm plain better than my GaW friend, but seriously, I cannot kill GaW as Ness for the life of me.

Top Bottom