• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else modding their Wii JUST FOR THIS GAME?

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
No.

But my friend took it to the next level and ordered a Japanese Wii just for this game.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Nope I just went ahead and ordered a Japanese wii and pre ordered Smash brothers X and will be ready to play on the 31st! :)

Chopders

Smash Cadet
My Wii is modded since... Long time a go. But I still buy big title like, galaxy, wario ware, ect... And I'll buy Brawl for sure, I'll just play some chracters (about 4 max) in the multiplayer to wait the US version.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
if you get the japanese smash bros, would it have the option to have different languages and such?

Like the english melee you could change the language to Japanese?

I live in australia, so we'd be getting our Smash Bros. after europe. Im expecting september at the earliest.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
if you get the japanese smash bros, would it have the option to have different languages and such?

Like the english melee you could change the language to Japanese?

I live in australia, so we'd be getting our Smash Bros. after europe. Im expecting september at the earliest.
We aren't sure yet. I hope that it dose have a language switch option though.
I'll post an answer when i get the game if no one else has already.

RayLewis08

Smash Rookie
I was considering it. I have a WiiKey laying around that I could easily install. My friend got a WiiKey but his wii is a D2C.

However, I was reading that if a forced update is required it is not possible to bypass because brickblocker can't bypass it.

Apparently, there is no known way to play Super Mario Galaxy NTSC-J or WiiFit NTSC-J on an american wii.

Therefore, I don't want to risk breaking my Wii.

Red Kirby

Smash Cadet
Yep, I'm doing that too. I'm importing in Smash Bros X from Japan, then getting my Uncle to solder the WiiKey chip into my Wii so I can play it. Good to hear others are doing this too, lol.

Anyone else gotta pay 50$ shipping for the game? I do, but once I get my hands on that thing, it'll be totally worth it.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I'm not modding my Wii for this game(and not for any other game) but I see where you are coming from.That kinda is a long time to wait but not worth doing something stupid,than just being patient.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I went so far as to buy the whole Japanese Wii as well as the Japanese game.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I got my modded Wii from Hong Kong. It's basically a Japanese Wii that plays games of all regions. Should I import brawl then buy the english version?

Should I? I think it might be a waste to buy both versions.

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
I have a quick question for those of you who "HAVE" a modded Wii. Does the modchop interfere with updating the Wii System over the net?

Qinopio

Smash Journeyman
I'm modding my Wii just for this game too. The difference between release dates is far too much to wait. I'd rather get it early enough to discover a few things for myself, than watch for almost a month and a half as everyone else does.

EmperorCesar

Smash Apprentice
So modding an American Wii is not fail proof due to those stupid updates the games come with?
The only 100% sure method of playing *** Brawl is by getting a Japanese Wii?

Stupid f*king Nintendo. I remember how much they boasted about how the Wii was going to be "region free". Now they are including updates into their games to prevent modders from playing import games. I cant stand Nintendo.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Well you dont have to think of it as dropping $300 on the Wii because you can always turn it around on eBay later. I think of it as spending $50-100 to play Brawl early, which boils down to about $2 a day until it comes out. Not bad.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Do u guys think its a waste to buy both versions? I'm too excited to play brawl.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
only way i would mod my wii is if US release were to get delayed again, and if there is a language switch to english in the japanese version of the game, otherwise i dont really feel like going through the entire sse in japanese

supa*

Smash Cadet
Maybe if I were some sort of millionaire I'd go ahead and buy myself a Japanese Wii, just to feel the culture of the real Japanese Smash Bros. X. Unfortunately, I'm grubbing for this game as it is and find that the patience will be rewarding, especially after that Famitsu review's numbers. :)

Which is why I'll be avoiding all things internet when Brawl comes out wayside.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll do it. I'm not sure if Wiikey will run it though.
Wiikey could possibly need an update to run it.

Your best bet is to get a CycloWiz. They patched the SMG problem in a day and it was playable.
~$40

Just to point that out. Also you can remove the updates from the CDs. If you update your NTSC Wii with a Pal game it my brick it so don't do it.
Also CycloWizs are undectable unless set in dev mode to update the chip.

Booshnig

Smash Cadet
Good luck getting the game when Japan doesn't even have enough copies to meet preorders.
Even if you lived in Japan, you might be left without a copy for a month anyway.

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
People will upload it.

That just applies to people with Japanese Wii's don't go the cheaper modding route.

Top Bottom