• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else modding their Wii JUST FOR THIS GAME?

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
No. But I have won a Japanese Wii off eBay. Went cheap.

I am also ordering Smash from Play-Asia. I guess I can play Japanese Gamecube games and Wii games now. Not much choice as an Australian.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
No. But I have won a Japanese Wii off eBay. Went cheap.

I am also ordering Smash from Play-Asia. I guess I can play Japanese Gamecube games and Wii games now. Not much choice as an Australian.
you can always turn around and resell it on ebay when smash actually launches there

Smash Ace
I'm too lazy to do anything about it, so no.
This delay means now I have more time to go out and reseve it, since I haven't done that either.

=2007=

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Therefore, I don't want to risk breaking my Wii.
And that in a nutshell is the reason why I won't bother. Sure it *might* be a different story if Wiis were easy to come by. But as of right now breaking a Wii might possibly cause me to miss the North American release instead. Those suckers are tough to find.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Yes modding can mess up your wii when its time to update ive heard, I dont think its worth the hassle i mean playing the game in japanese just because oyu cant wait and theres risk of your wii Becoming faulty so i dont think you should risk it, even me as a european.

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
I got a japanese wii recently of playasia and at the same time preordered Super smash brawl too Since i ordered it ages ago hope I get first shipment .

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I got a japanese wii recently of playasia and at the same time preordered Super smash brawl too Since i ordered it ages ago hope I get first shipment .
Thats just extra, so you'll go overseas and buy a wii just to play a single game when you can easily wait........Where not kids here.

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
Iam a kid but anyways not just for brawl for bleach and naruto shippuden games too many good rpg come out there first or only come out there.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Patience is the key. Just way and eventually it will come out i mean im 16 and In Europe i gotta wait till heaven knows when for my brawl and im not ging overboard

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Patience is the key. Just way and eventually it will come out i mean im 16 and In Europe i gotta wait till heaven knows when for my brawl and im not ging overboard
I think most of us have been patient long enough to the point that were willing to give up a lot of cash just to play SSBB early. We have been waiting about 3 years now..
Theres also the risk that it will be delayed again for US etc.

I applaud you good sir. But if they have the income to do so, then let it be. Even though most people don't know that they may have to wait longer than they expected.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Thats true you do have a point, and a right to be very impatient.
But going extreme to buy a japanese game that you wont understand is over limit, US are complaining it got delayed for the second time, well Europe havent got a release date so how do you think we feel? and i can bet any amount of money you wouldnt want to swap places with us so be grateful for the position your already in, its not like sakurai said it wont be released anymore because if it comes to that the world has every right to be angry.

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
exactly lecto iam from australia att least u got q2 we dont even have that no info on our released date that why some of uswho have a little extra cash and can understand japanese do things like this.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Thats true you do have a point, and a right to be very impatient.
But going extreme to buy a japanese game that you wont understand is over limit, US are complaining it got delayed for the second time, well Europe havent got a release date so how do you think we feel? and i can bet any amount of money you wouldnt want to swap places with us so be grateful for the position your already in, its not like sakurai said it wont be released anymore because if it comes to that the world has every right to be angry.
Whats there to understand (language wise) in a fighting game like ssbb. There might be a language option to switch to english as well. I don't really have anything else to spend the money on (Xmas money, yup big family) so why not.

I know that it sucks that Europe hasent even got a release date yet but thats just another reason to import it if you really are upset about having to wait after Japan and US.
If your good with waiting thats cool you will save lots of money that I lost out on..but at least i'll be having a blast on brawl early! Its worth it imo.. :lol:

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
In you opinion yes But if you look at the thread title you can see the ending is in capitals, Putting emphasis that its just a GAME! but to be honest if thats what you want to do then be my guest all i know is that i have done my part in convincing you otherwise.

And Inuyasha We got it bad dont we waiting for heaven knows when the game will come out, i probably have to be on youtube watching other people duke it out lol.

In you opinion yes But if you look at the thread title you can see the ending is in capitals, Putting emphasis that its just a GAME! but to be honest if thats what you want to do then be my guest all i know is that i have done my part in convincing you otherwise.

And Inuyasha We got it bad dont we waiting for heaven knows when the game will come out, i probably have to be on youtube watching other people duke it out lol.
*sigh*

This makes me sad. I would buy you an imported Wii if I had the money to do so. In a heart beat.

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
lol watching vids on youtube yep will be doing too hehe and trying to get as much info as possible......

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
*sigh*

This makes me sad. I would buy you an imported Wii if I had the money to do so. In a heart beat.
Lol its aight dude compassion isnt enough to get me over this one lol, why a worldwide release date was not issued i will never know i mean there was one for halo 3 but........oh well i guess i just have to wait for summer.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice

Well theres always the option of turning around and selling it on eBay when its about time for the US version to be release or I could just keep the japanese wii and order more games for it.

Also, if you wanna see anything in particular in ssbb I can record it for you if you want and put it on YT. :)

Weegee

Smash Rookie
Nope, being an European makes it harder for me to wait. But I'm gonna be patient and watch the "Look at me pwn" video's on Youtube to pass the time. Besides, there are still various other games that I want to play first. Once I start brawl, every other game will be stored in a pile of dust. As happened with melee.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Well theres always the option of turning around and selling it on eBay when its about time for the US version to be release or I could just keep the japanese wii and order more games for it.

Also, if you wanna see anything in particular in ssbb I can record it for you if you want and put it on YT. :)
Hahaa dude i dunno whether your rubbing it in our not lol but selling an imported wii on ebay isn't such a bad idea after all if oyu get a buyer i seem to have overlooked that bit lol. And putting videos on youtube for me is heartache i cant stand to watch the world enjoy wii most anticipated game and i can only dream so far about the release date, let alone it being in stock for when i want to buy it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ergh...if only I knew how to mod my Wii. :urg: I could have a Japanese SSBB disc just like that, since I know someone who will be in Tokyo at that time, lol! BTW, is there a guide to modding your Wii=??? I probably won't do it, but you never know. I could have a Japanese game disc pretty fast, lol! :laugh:

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
well if you cant wait and feel like modding your wii i guess theres always the obvious solution to google it, but since you never know any reliable source theres always a chance of messing uo your wii since you dont have experience doing it.

Someone is feeling pretty proud about his purchase. ^^♪

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Hahaa dude i dunno whether your rubbing it in our not lol but selling an imported wii on ebay isn't such a bad idea after all if oyu get a buyer i seem to have overlooked that bit lol. And putting videos on youtube for me is heartache i cant stand to watch the world enjoy wii most anticipated game and i can only dream so far about the release date, let alone it being in stock for when i want to buy it.
Nah im not rubbing it in cause I know it sucks to have to wait to brawl for so long. I decided to make videos for people that want to see spoilers and/or just gameplay, but can't or don't want to import.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Well i guess thats always a possible route to take.
But u hope in future nintendo doesnt have to release games of different dates depending on your continent. If it was a worldwide release you wouldnt even have to import it from Japan in the first place saving you from hassle and all sorts.
The only thing worst than nintendo for europe is Namco and their tales games they have excellent games but if they dont do good in America they wont ship it to europe.

Nah im not rubbing it in cause I know it sucks to have to wait to brawl for so long. I decided to make videos for people that want to see spoilers and/or just gameplay, but can't or don't want to import.
I think that the reason why i'm not going crazy for Brawl right now is because of the fact that I played Brawl at E For All for hours (VIP pass+short lines+short matches. Greatest 4 days of my life, lol). That, or spending approximately 30,000¥ doesn't appeal to me that much. >_>

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Well i guess thats always a possible route to take.
But u hope in future nintendo doesnt have to release games of different dates depending on your continent. If it was a worldwide release you wouldnt even have to import it from Japan in the first place saving you from hassle and all sorts.
The only thing worst than nintendo for europe is Namco and their tales games they have excellent games but if they dont do good in America they wont ship it to europe.
I agree SSBB should have had a worldwide release date espically sience this was a huge title. Even in online mode where you can play against anyone wont be used to its full potential until everyone around the world has brawl released.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I think that the reason why i'm not going crazy for Brawl right now is because of the fact that I played Brawl at E For All for hours (VIP pass+short lines+short matches. Greatest 4 days of my life, lol). That, or spending approximately 30,000¥ doesn't appeal to me that much. >_>
Wow dude your seriously one of the lucky ones how did u get in and the passes and stuff fill me in lol.

500+Posts Smash Apprentice?

Meow-Mix

Smash Cadet
Nope, I'm not gonna brick my Wii with the next firmware update just to play Brawl a few weeks early. I've already reserved a copy, so the game is practically already mine, I just have to wait for Gamestop to start selling it. ;) I'm a patient person anyway. I'll wait as longs as it takes for Brawl to be released.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
I really wanted to play the demo at E4all lol but sadly I lived too far away :(
At least you've played ssbb more than most people in the world will till jan31st/march 9th.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I was actually thinking of buying a Japanese Wii... but only because I hope to go to school in Japan by next spring. I don't know if I can scrounge up the money though.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Well you better start learning japanese Boy lol. just kididn sounds pretty cool your going to study there. Who where will you be staying on a campus?

Wow dude your seriously one of the lucky ones how did u get in and the passes and stuff fill me in lol.

500+Posts Smash Apprentice?
The passes were 90.00 US dollars for all 4 days( Even though you had the option to purchase more inexpensive packages). If you purchased them before september 1st, you get VIP passes, which get you in 4 hours earlier. It wad a public event, so there was no exclusion . Hell, they were giving our free VIP passes via MLG (Major League Gaming). I wish I would have known that before I purchased my pass. >_>

inuyasha09

Smash Cadet
LOL if you go on the japanese website the menus are in english plus u can us american website as a guide so no worries MAST3R :D

Top Bottom