• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Anyone else gone Forget about Brawl since Wii U Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
So guys just curious has anyone else forget about Brawl since release of the Wii U version I don't now why but I find myself not even remembering the name quite often either for floatiness or just playing as my mains :4sheik::4mario::4pikachu: but tripping every 2 seconds of my life (not hoping for their valiant return in Wii U2 ) Maybe it's also the controls I don't really know but I can't be the only one.. Right ?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Nope. I have not played it in over a year. I was going to get into the PM scene. But no PAL version of it and the PM devs being abrupt to the point of rudeness about the PAL release makes me want to skip PM all together and just play SSB WiiU when I get it on Saturday.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will never forget Brawl. Love that game.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm not gonna lie, I tried Brawl last Saturday and it amazes me how for the series has gotten.
I immediately appreciated everything Smash 4 had to offer XD

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Brawl will honestly probably be the forgotten middle child:

SSB64: The start of it all
Melee: Drummed into Smash players as the epitome of competitive smash for years.
Brawl: ??? Kind of replaced by Project M (where it's actually available.)
Smash For 3DS: The first handheld Smash.
Smash For Wii U: Has yet to fully establish itself, but thus far seems to be promising.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Brawl was the first and only Smash Bros. game I'd gotten into. Even though I was relatively alone in my Brawl years, I enjoyed every bit of it.

And I'm gonna enjoy Smash Wii U even more.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
I still find Brawl fun and never enjoyed everyone berating it. So no I haven't forgot it, in fact I played it two weeks ago.

Mello Yello

Smash Rookie
I've played maybe 10 hours of Brawl in total. It was for sure a fun game for group play, but that's about it. I've yet to play Sm4sh, but that'll happen relatively soon.

D

Deleted member

Personally I don't like Brawl and I think Smash 4 is just as bad. However I'm still playing Brawl technically, I'm sticking with Brawl Minus and Project M. Both are far better than Smash 4, and I sold my copy of Smash 4 today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sojuman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sojuman
I forgot about brawl until you brought it up lol. Smash 4 is waaaaay better.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No i have not forgot anout brawl

As a matter of fact im unlocking stuff in brawl again and playing smash 4 at the same time

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I forgot about Brawl like a month after it released. Lol.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Wow this thread is still alive...?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I love Brawl and will go back to it periodically for the same reasons I go back to Melee periodically: the cut characters and adventure modes.

Roy and Melee adventure mode are the only reasons I ever play Melee these days.

Ivysaur, Lucas and SSE will pull me back to Brawl at some point too.

But I'd never say they're better games than Smash 4.. Anyone who says they are is a silly goose.And wrong

Still, I really feel like 4 is incomplete without those characters and an adventure mode. Orders and Smash Tour/Run aren't that great

PCHU

Smash Lord
I played Brawl not too long ago, and I appreciate its neutral more than Smash 4's.
After having played Smash 4 for about a month or two and comparing it with Melee and Brawl, I kinda like how polar Melee and Brawl are, but I feel that Smash 4 doesn't really distinguish itself enough (to me) to really be something different and fun; it looks nice and smooth, but the gameplay lacks polish -- I would say that it's nice that it's faster, but the landing lag on some characters makes it kinda pointless; it was better in Brawl where less moves had an absurd amount of endlag, and more stuff had smoother autocancels.

Even if I do miss reasonable grab range and less overly precise hitboxes, Smash 4 looks to have potential, and I honestly hope it's just as fun as the past iterations have been.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Brawl will always be special to me. I actually didn't get it till 2010, but it was the game that introduced me to what would become my favorite video game franchise, and the world of Nintendo at large and was the influence that turned me into the gaming nerd I am today. So regardless of what anyone else says, I'll always look back on the game fondly.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I practically played Smash 64 until my N64 controller fell apart from overuse. I probably played it every single day until Melee came out. I played Melee on and off, but was still playing it years after its release. I probably played around 10,000 matches or so. Brawl was the first Smash game I just stopped playing. Part of it was just getting older (I was 25 when Brawl came out and had a job and all that), but mostly I just didn't like it as much. I really think the floatiness and the tripping just killed the game. Now that Smash 4 is out, I'm back into it. I have almost 100%'ed the 3DS version, and I am in love with the Wii U version so far.

So no, you are not the only one. Brawl is dead to me. It was a good game overall, but tripping really is bad enough to kill the game by itself. And I really didn't get the fascination with SSE and think it was a mistake to include that mode. Smash Bros isn't Kingdom Hearts. It's a party fighting game. It has always been best when it stuck to its roots, which the Wii U version does spectacularly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Say what you will about Brawl as a competitive game, but it was still an amazing achievement as a general game and is still one of the best titles on the Wii.

I haven't forgotten about it, especially since there are some big things from Brawl that did not make it into Smash 4, but also some big things that DID make it in.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Brawl will be remembered for two things: the characters that Smash 4 doesn't have (Wolf, Lucas, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake) and the extensive hacking scene. It is reportedly the most modded console game of all time.

All the hate for it is sad though but the tripping and speed in particular really did turn a lot of people off :( But come on, it's smash bros for goodness sake :)

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I replaced it for Project M and I've forgotten about both since I "retired" from Melee and PM for Smash 4. That being said I liked Brawl's additions from a non-gameplay perspective (My Music, more trophies, etc). Also thank God for mods.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Whenever I see one of the newcomers Brawl brought to the fray I'll think of it, I have memories tied to when each one of them was first confirmed. In terms of what content it brought to the board Brawl is in a class of its own compared to Melee and Smash 4, so even if its gameplay was very iffy at least it has left a ton of great things for future installments to work with.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Competitively? Yeah, most will remember Brawl as the greatest hacking platform Nintendo had ever released.

To the rest of the world, Brawl will never be forgotten. I've logged thousands of hours across Melee and Brawl and loved them both dearly. Brawl was one of the greatest games of the previous console gen, and arguably the most engaging fighting game of the previous console gen.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Competitively? Yeah, most will remember Brawl as the greatest hacking platform Nintendo had ever released.

To the rest of the world, Brawl will never be forgotten.
Brawl also has the advantage of being on one of the most popular gaming consoles of ALL TIME!!!! :D I fear for For Wii U in that regard but don't see it as much of a problem for For 3DS.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
I completely forgot that I had my Brawl disc on hand until heard Tabuu's music again.
The last time I "played" it was when I was looking into the mods which I still haven't gotten to work completely.

It still happens to be my 2nd most played Wii game by total time (right behind Madden '08 and the Internet Channel, if you go by all Wii channels/games.)

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Brawl will be remembered for two things: the characters that Smash 4 doesn't have (Wolf, Lucas, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake) and the extensive hacking scene. It is reportedly the most modded console game of all time.

All the hate for it is sad though but the tripping and speed in particular really did turn a lot of people off :( But come on, it's smash bros for goodness sake :)
Poor Ice Climbers :(

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I love brawl, but I personally see absolutely no reason for why I would go back to it. I played it last week right before the Wii U version came out and found that all the changes that the 3DS had given us made the game much better. Biggest issue I had was that Zelda almost feels like a different character, and I SD'd myself 2 out of 3 stocks all the time due to no longer being used to my Up B in that version. It was hilarious.

Anyway, though, I was playing the 3DS version all the time, even while sitting in front of my consoles. Now that the console version came out, even the less reason to touch Brawl..

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I love Brawl's characters and movesets. That's a damn fine game!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I just wished Brawl had much better controls/physics since I don't like how slow the game itself generally feels. And I wished its single player stuff were actually fun too... And the art style is just too unappealing to me, it's too gritty and the colors are so muted and depressing, it kind of took out the fun too as strange as that sounds. It's the one Smash Bros game I don't really want to come back to.

With all that said, SSB4 Wii U is pretty great and I'm having a blast. It has some flaws regarding certain modes and various things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone is speaking so highly of Smash 4, just as we did when Brawl first released (including myself). But the game really isn't that much different than Brawl, and IMO not very good. Curious how long it will take the community to realize this.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So guys just curious has anyone else forget about Brawl since release of the Wii U version I don't now why but I find myself not even remembering the name quite often either for floatiness or just playing as my mains :4sheik::4mario::4pikachu: but tripping every 2 seconds of my life (not hoping for their valiant return in Wii U2 ) Maybe it's also the controls I don't really know but I can't be the only one.. Right ?
Well, there's one thing this game did in my brawl perception, before ssb4, I didn't like the global repping of brawl (several inconsistencies...hated SSE because of that, too much of long rant so, going to skip it, but I did told that rant months ago).

Now, I HATE EVEN MORE BRAWL!!!

Really, this game did what I judge that comparing to brawl, it's crushing it. Please note that my reasons has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay but mostly with the visuals, audio and the global repping. I liked the artstyle a lot more, the music are even better repped, there's so much more contents, the repping is way broader and finally, the game overall feels good (brawl had some...annoyance like long classic and the loading times....).

My complain on ssb4 is so low that it emphased my negative opinion on brawl a lot more.

So, I basically went from mixed review to I hate brawl.

I do remember but now, I don't want to :)

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Everyone is speaking so highly of Smash 4, just as we did when Brawl first released (including myself). But the game really isn't that much different than Brawl, and IMO not very good. Curious how long it will take the community to realize this.
Hey man, different strokes for different folks.

Someone will enjoy it and brawl too probably.

This games still an amazing party game, if your playing it for online or competitive than good luck.
But playing this with friends and family is still crazy fun like its always been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom