• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else getting irritated with these photo updates?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, I am irritated...

...by ungrateful people who complain about everything. Daily pictures are better than no news at all about the game.

Sakurai doesn't have to take these pics and update the site every day. How many other games have the developer of the game sharing pictures of the game they're in contact with every day?

We might even see some progress on the game as pictures are released every day, who knows? It's been only two weeks since the daily pictures started and I'm sure when Sakurai feels like showing something new, he will show it on the pictures and possibly update the site further...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
All the interviews I read about Sakurai talking about the Dojo it sounded like the whole thing was a monstrous pain in the ass to run that did little more than distract him from his work. Sure, it was cool and things like the Ike and Diddy reveal will probably always be some of my favorite video game related memories but I like the promise of individual newcomer trailers a lot more than sitting through hundreds of updates again to only genuinely care about the handful of character updates.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm fine with Sakurai "stalling". I get more time to think of new characters and figure out what Sakurai has in store for us next. And like what many people on this thread have said, I like this more than Brawl's Dojo. It felt like a major letdown. Soon enough, there's gonna be a new Direct (hopefully I get to see my main, Peach!).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I do agree that the Dojo did a great job at building hype but I also think it heavily backfired when the game came out. To most of us, we really thought Brawl was going to be "the Brawl to end them all" and I think it caused a good number of us to have astronomically unrealistic expectations for the game. Brawl is still one of my favorite games of all time but I also think the Dojo made the game seem so much better than it actually was which forced every flaw into the spotlight when the game actually came out. Next to the release of the originalFable, I think the release of Brawl caused the most butthurt on the internet of any video game ever released.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Every newcomer so far has gotten one and Nintendo has set aside an official youtube channel exclusively for Smash Bros videos. Perhaps not promised but very heavily insinuated.
Indeed, the recent French interview with Sakurai seems to make this more plausible as well. It is hard for me to know how to interpret that though as I don't know if Nintendo had a smash bros character channel for Brawl or not that they rarely ever used. Oh and when was this channel created? If it was after the roughly week or so after e3 this interview happened, then maybe in that time Nintendo decided that they would for sure do more of these videos to show case characters.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Every newcomer so far has gotten one and Nintendo has set aside an official youtube channel exclusively for Smash Bros videos. Perhaps not promised but very heavily insinuated.
I'm very confused. I have found an official Nintendo channel on Youtube, but it does not seem to be exclusively for Smash Bros. videos. Is there some other channel I should be looking for?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
How many times do I have to repeat that I'm not expecting dojo quality updates?

Lower the pitchforks...
Right, but I'm very confused then. What ARE you expecting? Would you prefer absolute silence between updates? I honestly can't think of a single reason why the daily photos are a bad thing. Not one single reason.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Right, but I'm very confused then. What ARE you expecting? Would you prefer absolute silence between updates? I honestly can't think of a single reason why the daily photos are a bad thing. Not one single reason.
I can think of one. Before doing these updates, he could do whatever he wanted with his lunch break. Whatever he wanted!! Now that he has to spend 10 seconds taking a picture and posting it, he simply doesn't have enough time to order his servants to bathe him in mayonnaise.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

iMichael

Smash Lord
Some people want him to show them the whole game before it's released...where's the fun in that? Be grateful he's sharing these pics with us...don't visit the site if you're getting irritated, it's simple.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
Well, definitely at this point I don't go there expecting anything more than a new "Pic of the day" each weekday at 4 AM (in my timezone). xP I just wish one of their pics would reveal -something-, I'm not asking for -everything-. ^^'

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Variety is all I want. I can be patient though, especially if I see something I like, and that's relatively character/stage variety, any Pit, KI-related stuff, and much of Bowser.
Of course, I rather not stress Sakurai out with disappointment, and thus I'm still grateful that he's actually sharing new photos.

RODO

Smash Ace
Well considering he doesn't have to give us anything I'd say this is great. It doesn't completely ruin the game like the dojo did while still giving us something to look at. There have been a few cool pics too

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yes, I am irritated...

...by ungrateful people who complain about everything. Daily pictures are better than no news at all about the game.

Sakurai doesn't have to take these pics and update the site every day. How many other games have the developer of the game sharing pictures of the game they're in contact with every day?

We might even see some progress on the game as pictures are released every day, who knows? It's been only two weeks since the daily pictures started and I'm sure when Sakurai feels like showing something new, he will show it on the pictures and possibly update the site further...
Hmmm yh...waiting 24 hours to look at something for 24 seconds.....(-_-)
WE WANT JUICE GOD DAMN IT!! WE NEED JUICY STUFF !!
220px-Orange_juice_1.jpg

RealTalk !

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving the pics only been a few that have irked me but otherwise I can't wait for me

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think he's trying very hard to avoid what happened with Brawl.

They kind of used their best shots really early, confirming Pit, Sonic, Poke Trainer, etc, which KILLED the hype when the rest of the updates were...really generic.

I'm happy with it as is.. they're very quirky little pics, and usually make me chuckle, so nah I'm not irritated

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Looking back on Brawl's hype phase, I would rather not have seen the Dojo updates. We learned so much about the game that there were little to no surprises left when actually playing it. I hope that Sakurai keeps most of SSB4 secret until the game is actually out so that we can be surprised when first popping the game in.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Regarding character trailers, I believe Sakurai confirmed that most or all newcomers would have a proper trailer in the same interview he said that they would not be repeating SSE.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
The pics are nothing to complain about. I'm waiting for next month to get here already, because I KIIIINDA think they will announce a character (Veteran or Newcomer) every month). Might not happen but we'll see.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the generic updates the dojo had was better then this, atleast we learned something about the game then

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

I dunno... Some actual variety with the pics instead of a bunch of these repeats?

But nevertheless this is just a pointless rant thread after all... Don't know why some people are getting so offended over one person's opinion. Lol

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Here allow me to fix that title for you. "Anyone else getting irritated by their own obessesion with a game that won't come out for another .5-1.5 years?" Yes I am. I am very irritated by that. I'll get over it though.

In fact, if we don't hear any major updates within the next month or so, I'll probably go back to my life though until we hear something big again or until the game is close to coming out.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Here allow me to fix that title for you. "Anyone else getting irritated by their own obessesion with a game that won't come out for another .5-1.5 years?" Yes I am. I am very irritated by that. I'll get over it though.

In fact, if we don't hear any major updates within the next month or so, I'll probably go back to my life though until we hear something big again or until the game is close to coming out.
I like you.

JbrockPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JbrockPony

Same, plus theres other games to keep me occupied. I still gotta finish a few Zelda games along with a few resident evil games. Plus I have project M to get hyped about to lol

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
How could you not like the daily photos?

they give the chortles.

Of course if Sakurai went ahead and revealed that the next character as a nintencat. That way he can mosey all the way to 2014 one smash cat pick at a time. Now that ladies and gentlemen would qualify for all the chortles.

Top Bottom