• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else getting irritated with these photo updates?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Almost any screenshots released I'm pleased with, long as it's not generally the same thing shown in a previous one. New image showing the details of a stage more clearly? Cool. Image of the 3DS version of Villager? Sign me up.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
If the pictures keep increasing in awesomeness at this exponential rate, then by the time the game comes out the picture of the day will not only reach through your monitor to give you a free copy of ssb4 with all of your most wanted characters added to it, but it'll also give you a free kidney already in a mini-fridge and everything... just in case.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Almost any screenshots released I'm pleased with, long as it's not generally the same thing shown in a previous one. New image showing the details of a stage more clearly? Cool. Image of the 3DS version of Villager? Sign me up.
Damn Bowser looks soooo sick! My days please change your pic its geting me too excited xD RealTalk im soo happy they worked on bowser i will play as him first like always.

eshu125

Smash Apprentice
I for one am going to stay away from the smash website. I didn't need to know anything about vanilla smash bros nor melee prior to their release. I don't know about anyone else, but while brawl was the game that I got most hyped for, the whole experience of it (excluding gameplay) was rather boring. I already knew about all of the characters, I somewhat knew what to expect from the SSE, and many of the levels and music I had already heard and seen. Though it may be because I was younger, I remember freaking out like a little fanboy when I did the event match in melee where I had to fight Ganondorf or when a 'challenger approaching' of mewtwo's silhouette appeared out of nowhere. While I've always loved and played my heart out of every smash game, progressing through Brawl simply wasn't the same for me.

I think we've all spoiled ourselves since the introduction of the Smash Dojo. Maybe melee did the same thing and I just wasn't aware at the time because I wasn't an internet fanatic then, but if that was the case I'm glad I never knew. While hype is good for the soul, hype while experiencing the game is of much greater value than hype through a small clip on my desktop. I don't know about all of you, but I'll be much happier by patiently waiting for the final product before I learn anything about it.

edit: Posted this before reading all of the comments. It seems a lot of people are on the same page!

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
^^^ Yeah I agree whole-heartedly. I remember seeing Mewtwo's silhouette in the 'Challenger Approaching' window and freaking out. I didn't experience anything even close to that in Brawl.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I for one am going to stay away from the smash website. I didn't need to know anything about vanilla smash bros nor melee prior to their release. I don't know about anyone else, but while brawl was the game that I got most hyped for, the whole experience of it (excluding gameplay) was rather boring. I already knew about all of the characters, I somewhat knew what to expect from the SSE, and many of the levels and music I had already heard and seen. Though it may be because I was younger, I remember freaking out like a little fanboy when I did the event match in melee where I had to fight Ganondorf or when a 'challenger approaching' of mewtwo's silhouette appeared out of nowhere. While I've always loved and played my heart out of every smash game, progressing through Brawl simply wasn't the same for me.

I think we've all spoiled ourselves since the introduction of the Smash Dojo. Maybe melee did the same thing and I just wasn't aware at the time because I wasn't an internet fanatic then, but if that was the case I'm glad I never knew. While hype is good for the soul, hype while experiencing the game is of much greater value than hype through a small clip on my desktop. I don't know about all of you, but I'll be much happier by patiently waiting for the final product before I learn anything about it.

edit: Posted this before reading all of the comments. It seems a lot of people are on the same page!
In all seriousness, if you don't want to be spoiled on characters you should stop posting on the forums right now. We have no way of knowing when a legitimate leaked roster will hit.

I agree with you completely, but I just don't know if I'll have the willpower to resist looking at a legitimate leaked roster if and when it comes.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't like surprises. (Usually)

I like knowing everything ahead of time so I have something to look forward to. I knew about all the characters in Melee because I had a guidebook when I bought the game. I knew all the characters in Brawl thanks to Smash Dojo.

And I was absolutely happy with that. I knew exactly who I would want to play as and who I was getting the game for.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here allow me to fix that title for you. "Anyone else getting irritated by their own obessesion with a game that won't come out for another .5-1.5 years?" Yes I am. I am very irritated by that. I'll get over it though.

In fact, if we don't hear any major updates within the next month or so, I'll probably go back to my life though until we hear something big again or until the game is close to coming out.
Same. The only reason I spend hours here everyday is because things are so slow at my job that I literally get paid to surf the internet and I'm only taking one summer class that meets once a week. Come August, I'll probably be here no more than twice a week for maybe a half hour at a time.

Top Bottom