• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Besides Me Buying A Wii For Brawl?

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering if there was anyone besides me who was specifically buying a Nintendo Wii just to play Brawl. I mean, I might buy some really good Wii games later on, but for now my only reason for getting one is to play the newest incarnation of Smash Bros.

Anyone else doing this?

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
Absolutely, and the only reason I got a gamecube was for melee. I do like the paper mario games, though, so they're an added bonus. If melee/brawl didn't exist I wouldn't have gotten any nintendo consoles since the 64.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I wouldn't say it was the only reason I got a Wii, but it was the #1 reason. The Wii has plenty of excellent games, don't restrict yourself to Brawl.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
I'm with GenocideMachine. The Cube and the Wii have plenty of other great games, but if Smash Bros. wasn't on them, I doubt I would've picked them up. It's the only reason I rushed out to get a Wii.

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
Just got a wii a month ago for this game. I did get zelda with it just so it doesn't collect dust. So yeah ssbb is the biggest reason, but I do have more games in mind.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I just got one because I'm a huge Nintendo fan...since NES days

Epic games:
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Star Fox Wii(unofficial name..but I know there's going to be one)
F-Zero Wii(same as above)
Another Zelda game would be cool(OoT, Majoras mask...same system)

so just saying that there's a couple of games for Wii that could be made or already being made example:Mario Kart Wii....

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
Brawl was #1 reason.
Then there's Twilight Princess, Radiant Dawn, Okami (yes, they're porting to PS2), Paper Mario, Mario Party, Dragon Quest Swords, Final Fantasy CC...

****, it's good to be a Nintendo Fan. Too bad I'm missing out on the cool JRPGs on the PS2 like Persona 3 and FFXII.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I bought a Wii for

-Wii Sports
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Mario Kart Wii
-LoZ: Twilight Princess
-LoZ: Wii title (Twilight Princess was originally made for GCN, so it's not the main zelda title for Wii)
-Wario Ware (unbelievably fun)
-Super Smash Bros Brawl (of course)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I intend to buy a Wii specifically for this game. i will play other games on it(Zelda,Mario,Wario,Paper Mario,Metroid etc') but if it weren't for brawl i'd have gotten a PS3

BentoBox

Smash Master
Brawl was #1 reason.
Then there's Twilight Princess, Radiant Dawn, Okami (yes, they're porting to PS2), Paper Mario, Mario Party, Dragon Quest Swords, Final Fantasy CC...

****, it's good to be a Nintendo Fan. Too bad I'm missing out on the cool JRPGs on the PS2 like Persona 3 and FFXII.
O.O Wow sexy.

And yeah, buying a Wii for brawl. A friend of mine won a wii in a bar and he's selling it to me for really cheap so I guess I'll be buying a few games before SSBB comes out :chuckle:

Foe

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say it was the only reason I got a Wii, but it was the #1 reason. The Wii has plenty of excellent games, don't restrict yourself to Brawl.
I agree with Aryman. I had my reasons but Brawl was the biggest reason. Games like MP3, SPM, and LoZ: TP are all great games.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
All the cool kids got one the day it came out.
Seems to me a lot of you are missing out on Twlight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, and of course EXCITE TRUCK.
Go get a Wii right now. All of you.
Dumb kids...

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
I just got one because I'm a huge Nintendo fan...since NES days

Epic games:
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Star Fox Wii(unofficial name..but I know there's going to be one)
F-Zero Wii(same as above)
Another Zelda game would be cool(OoT, Majoras mask...same system)

so just saying that there's a couple of games for Wii that could be made or already being made example:Mario Kart Wii....
I agree with ya, Super Mario Galaxy is also another great game. But Smash was probably the biggest reason...

sirusorion

Smash Rookie
I don't have one yet. I was hoping they drop the price, I'm cheap.
With the Canadian dollar being so high the price dropped, so i might get one soon.
And yes mostly for SSBB.
What other games do you guys recomend?

Zan-kun

Smash Rookie
Pretty much... I want a lot of other games, but I really want SSBB at launch. I'll probably end up buying a Wii this holiday season (if I can), and I'll get Galaxy and maybe a few other games, but Brawl is definitely a big deal.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Brawl was #1 reason.

Actually, you wouldn't be missing a lot over the RPG area... Capcom did release info of Monster Hunter 3 (pretty famous RPG with friends) for the Wii exclusive... Also, there's some Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles I heard being made for the Wii... And you got your basic Pokemon, but that's not really news anyways...

Oh, for me I got my Wii basically for Brawl long ago... But after getting a couple games, I'm actually proud that I own a Wii for other games...

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
im buying it for the only reason it was created BRAWL... in the meantime i ll buy mario galaxy to get used to the wii controls :chuckle: ...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Im going to buy a wii when mario galaxy comes out, this was my plan to get a wii when galaxy came out and then get Brawl a month later but now i will have to wait a bit longer for smash... Theres also mario kart im looking forward to and all the vc games, later ill probly get TP and mp3

oh ya im also getting mario galaxy if that wast clear, looks like it will be game of the year material

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I was torn when I saw that they were making a new Ratchet and Clank for PS3, but in the end I decided that Brawl would be more important to me. Of course, the fact that I couldn't remotely afford to pay for a $600 game system helped the matter too, but Brawl was the main reason

gregWHO

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised no one so far has mentioned Metroid Prime 3 as an "epic game". Yes, it's already been released but wow, I'm still impressed on how well they've implemented the series onto the Wii.

But yes, I bought the Wii almost solely with Brawl in mind.

kaibyaku

Smash Apprentice
To whoever suggested it, Dragon Quest Swords for Wii is a horrible, horrible game.

But yeah, I also bought my Wii on release. Zelda, Super Paper Mario and hell Wii Sports are great games, and soon we'll also have Guitar Hero 3 and Mario Galaxy.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
i'm buying it only because of brawl. like, the other games are a nice bonus, but i wouldnt buy the wii in the first place if it wasnt for brawl. with the delay i can save up too, so no extra work hours!

Poisoncomic2

Smash Rookie
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that other people have bought a Wii exclusively for Brawl. I thought I was the only one. Well, I do have other games now, but only because of the wait. Figured since I have the console now, I might as well get some other good games. However, the only game I bought for the gamecube is Melee, and the only game I bought for the N64 was SSB. Also, the only reason I still play video games is the SSB series.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I'm guilty :p

There arn't any other wii games worth my money at the current time to want a wii

but I still begged for one for christmas, just so I would have it for Brawl. I probably won't even have any games for the wii until brawl comes out (a week before my birthday :))

Smash Ace
Heck no, I'm not buying a Wii just to own Smash Bros.

I'll just buy the game. I already have a Wii. (don't need another one)
=2007=

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna buy a wii solely for smash, but then I realized that Fire Emblem comes out in november =P
I get to play that until Brawl comes out!

You know, after the stores stock up on their wiis >_<

Top Bottom