• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone Besides Me Buying A Wii For Brawl?

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
i got a Wii last Christmas.
why?
Brawl's coming out eventually.
yeah i already bought a Wii for brawl. more than a year before it's release.
also the Wii is awesome. yay virtual console and internet channel.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I already have a Wii, but yeah, the main reason I got one was for Brawl. When I saw the first trailer I knew I HAD to get a Wii.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, yes. I'm not buying a Wii until I know my most wanted character Isaac is in. If not I'll be waiting to buy a Wii until later in the summer. I am pretty much buying a Wii specifically for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
Seeing as I already have a 360, I can entertain myself with GH3 and Rock Band until Brawl comes out, which is when I'll get a Wii (probably before then though, in case the stores run out or something due to Brawl's popularity).

volbound1700

Smash Master
Brawl is the main game for Wii, but the fact that all I have is a gamecube and all the gamecube games and cards work on Wii helps Wii's cause. Same with the other games like Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic and Mario at the Olympics to help brawl.

Only negative: No Halo, No NCAA Football, No NCAA Basketball so far.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Same. Only reason I bought a Wii was because of brawl. If brawl wasn't on Wii, I wouldn't buy it.

However, I'm getting these games for Wii as well.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Kirby

Mario_Kart_Wii

Sonic and the Secret Rings,

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bro's Brawl

Twilight Princess

That's all I can think of for now. I'm going to use the Virtual Console alot too.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm mainly getting my Wii for Brawl, let's just say if I found out that Brawl completely sucked and was a waste of time I probably would just got for a 360 and buy a GC to replace the one that died last year.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
yeah, brawl definitely swayed my opinion on which console to get.

if brawl was for xbox 360 i would probably get that so i could play halo 3 and brawl, but brawl wins out. both consoles have great games, but only one has brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Brawl is definetly is my main reason for buying a Wii, but I am also buying it to try to download some of the older games onto the virtual channel as well

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
I've been wanting a wii since its release but i haven't bought one because I'm broke. and brawl is a real incentive to get the wii. i can sit around while other people play the new Metroid and Zelda games, but i will not sit around and be the only one not enjoying brawl.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Why did you not already buy a Wii to play Super Paper Mario and/or Metroid Prime 3?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why did you not already buy a Wii to play Super Paper Mario and/or Metroid Prime 3?
Perhaps not everybody wants to play those games?

Metroid Prime 3 doesn't interest me in the least bit (I've never liked the Prime series. It really bored me.) Of course I'd like to play Super Paper Mario, but I don't see it as a reason to buy the Wii. Super Smash Bros. is alway the game that makes the console worthy of me buying a console.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I bought a wii because it looked like it had some cool games(that were supposedly within the launch window) but the fact that they're coming a bit later doesn't bother me much my alone time with video games was mainly spent with Zelda and FF XII until about april when super paper mario, and for me the wii has been churning out good games at a reasonable rate since then.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Virtual Console was the selling point for me. I love the old school games. I got 13 downloaded as we speak. That was the main selling point for me.

Top Bottom