• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody plan on maining Snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
It's good to know that there are so many MGS fans who play Smash. The only reason why I started playing Melee was because Snake is on Brawl.
I agree. Brawl is the only reason I'm getting a Wii, and Snake is one of the only reasons I'm getting Brawl.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
In the original Smash Bros, I mained Samus, mostly because Metroid is my favorite series.

In Melee, I mained Samus from the beginning, mostly becase I was familiar with her. But after playing as a bunch of different characters, I got really good with Ganondorf, Marth, and Shiek. After a while, I realized I was better with Ganondorf and Shiek than with Samus, so I switched my main to Ganondorf, but I never played as anybody else anymore, and lost my goodness with shiek somehow, so my secondary was Samus.

In Brawl, I'd like to utilize my current mastery of Ganondorf, but I can kinda tell they're gonna give him a new moveset. If they keep his aerial game and something similar to his down-B, I might main him again. But I'll probably switch, and if King K Rool isn't in the game, or he sucks, Snake will probably my main.

At first, I thought he'd mostly be projectile-only, but after watching his videos, he looks like his normal and smash attacks are pretty good. But obviously, since I've never played the game, and nobody has played as Snake yet, theres a chance he'll suck, or I won't do well with him.

So it's mostly a matter of time and practice with each character. But of all the announced characters so far, Snake is looking pretty good on my list of possible mains.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I do think he'd be a good one to main. I have a feeling I'll see tons of him online and with my friends so I might not bother. With the color update, I still can't wrap my mind around 2+ snakes battling. He's the only character that seems wierd multiple to me. Guess I've played too much single player with him. Though mario doesn't bother me. Werid.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I'll be maining Snake. He'll only be my second if Ganon is a playable character in Brawl. Would someone start a Snake Finder, or is it too early? I'm all excited and antsy to use some CQC on Nintendo characters :p

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
If Sheik doesn't return, than Snake will most certainly be my main, I have decided this already. I don't really know how he plays, but I don't care, I'm a huge MGS fan and will play as him for that very reason.
If Sheik does return, than he will still be my alt, and Peach will have to move down a seat to 3rd.
:( Sorry Peach, hun, but that's how it's gotta be.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
If Sheik doesn't return, than Snake will most certainly be my main, I have decided this already. I don't really know how he plays, but I don't care, I'm a huge MGS fan and will play as him for that very reason.
If Sheik does return, than he will still be my alt, and Peach will have to move down a seat to 3rd.
:( Sorry Peach, hun, but that's how it's gotta be.
I think we use the exact same characters.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
Sheik main, Peach Alt?
If so, than yes, and I've finally found someone on earth who uses those characters. My friend owes me 10 bucks. (although I admit I just started picking up Peach so I'm not that good with her yet, but I can beat most of my friend's alts with her.)

P.S. Love the sig.
I used Shiek for a few years and then switched to Peach a couple years ago, and kind of use both now. Can't figure out who I'm better with.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Not quite sure yet I definitely plan on using him a lot since I love the MGS games. Though I don't want to abandond Zelda and Link cause i plan on maining them again as well.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
My captain falcon spirit would never allow it since they both will be competing for zero suit samus ... Tingle emerges the winner FYI his suit was the tightest.

Sephy

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping to really get ahold of Snake. I've been a big fan of the series and I look forward to playing as him, if I don't find someone else I like there are good chances I'll end up using Snake.

nf0x

Smash Rookie
Why don't we wait till we can play as Snake before we decide to "main" him?

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm definately going to main him, I don't care if he sucks horribly, i'm gonna get good with him.

Along with Link.

Link carries heavy equipment. Sword and Shield make it hard to be nimble.
Snake carries a rocket launcher, RPG, mines, and that ripod thing I can't think of the name..

Nuff said.

dkw0101

Smash Rookie
being a total mgs fan i prolly will main him, meta and ike will be my sub mains.

Gladius

Smash Rookie
MGS is one of the best game I've ever played, so now I'm addicted. I'll definitely be using him as my main, but if Ike plays like Roy/Marth, it might get ugly.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
MGS is one of the best game I've ever played, so now I'm addicted. I'll definitely be using him as my main, but if Ike plays like Roy/Marth, it might get ugly.
Ike plays like Ike, not Marth or Roy. You're going to be better off using Snake unless you feel up to the challenge of getting good with Ike ;p.

\/

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I don't see myself maining him, but I can definately see myself using him as a comic relief character, you know, in the same vein as Captain Falcon. :p

Part of the reason Falcon was so badass (and hilarious) in Melee is because of how manly he was, so I'm hoping that Snake will be the same.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Metal Gear Solid 3:

Snake: Tell me your mothers name...
Victim: M-Mary!
Snake: *slits throat*

And I loved killing people using the bathroom xD.

Yeah, snake owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom