• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anybody plan on maining Snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I was planning on using Meta Knight as a submain/main or possibly another new character, but seeing as Snake is quite uncommon over the rest of the newcomers' popularity, and he's just plain badass, I'll end up using him.

Any takers?

fums63

Smash Apprentice
he looks great but i dont really want to main him. i guess ill see once i use him because thats the only way u can actually decide ur main.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
What I usually do (like when melee released) is unlock every character with my normal char (mario) and then check out who I like best.

The only reason I'm looking for a main in the newcomers is because I've played too much of melee and the same characters over and over. Looking for something new I suppose.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What I usually do (like when melee released) is unlock every character with my normal char (mario) and then check out who I like best.

The only reason I'm looking for a main in the newcomers is because I've played too much of melee and the same characters over and over. Looking for something new I suppose.
I hear ya, funny thing is I do the exact same thing. Use mario to unlock everything then see who I like. I went through alot of characters on melee and then back to mario.

It hopefully wont be this way in Brawl. Snake looks great, but for now, I plan on maining Diddy and Pkmn Trainer

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i am not going to main any 3rd party characters. it is a nintendo game. but snake looks awsome i must say being a massive fan of mgs the meele attacks look awsome

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
His kicks and punches look awesome. He has a good chance of being my main cuz I'm a MGS fanboy.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
How can you even decide who your gonna main so early. Dont you wanna try out every character??

Machspeed

Smash Lord
If Metal Gear was your favorite game ever, I don't think you would have any doubts about maining Solid Snake.
Agreed. Same thing goes for all the people who have been playing Sonic almost all their lives.

They're definently going to lean towards playing him over the rest of the characters.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
i am not going to main any 3rd party characters. it is a nintendo game. but snake looks awsome i must say being a massive fan of mgs the meele attacks look awsome
No offense, but that's just being arrogant. Especially since Snake seems like a pretty versatile char from what I've seen (and Sonic's moves seem like real high-tier material since you can control them pretty freely it seems), literally, a one man army.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If Metal Gear was your favorite game ever, I don't think you would have any doubts about maining Solid Snake.
Too true. BTW, what phrase would sum up one who is maining Snake and Yoshi? Oh well, I'll make one up. Metal Gear Yoshi FTW!

Anyway, Snake's moveset is coming along nicely.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
No offense, but that's just being arrogant. Especially since Snake seems like a pretty versatile char from what I've seen (and Sonic's moves seem like real high-tier material since you can control them pretty freely it seems), literally, a one man army.
i think you misundersood me. i'm not like anti 3rd party. i like the fact that snake is a pc. it's just that i see SSB as a game of nintendo mascots not other partys. also just for good meausure. tiers don exist

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
It really depends if I like his moveset when the game comes out since he wasn't playable in the demo.

He looks like he will be strong with medium speed and weight. Depends on how well that fits together.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I have to main Snake since I'm a huge fanboy of MGS. Some people are saying that they are MGS fans but they're going to wait and see if Snake's actually good or not?! Being a Mewtwo main in Melee, I don't understand this way of thinking. If you like a character you should play him regardless of his disadvantages in my humble opinion.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
He's cool, but it wouldn't seem right maining him. I don't think that I could force myself to beat up Nintendo characters with him. I love Nintendo to much. Also, he seems like an outsider...

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it when people are loyal to a company. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft.... All of them are just out to make a profit. A great game is a great game, and a great character is a great character. Besides, Metal Gear Solid had a remake on Gamecube anyway for you Nintendo loyalists.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Well spoken Enemy. Snake's inclusion represents a new way of thinking for developers and companies. This goes to show that cross-overs are OK, so hopefully devs will do it in the future for Smash or other games.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
I don't get it when people are loyal to a company. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft.... All of them are just out to make a profit. A great game is a great game, and a great character is a great character. Besides, Metal Gear Solid had a remake on Gamecube anyway for you Nintendo loyalists.
I'm all for 3rd party characters in Brawl, I said I just don't think I will play him because I could not beat up Mario with him.

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with beating up on Mario with Snake? Wouldn't it be the same stomping that dwarf plumber with any other character since you said that you are all for 3rd party characters?

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
I'm totally maining Snake and Link (again) in Brawl. I just hope Snake's speculated smash attacks aren't as awkward as they seem.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
MGS is my favorite series, but I can't see myself maining Snake. His attacks don't suit him and seem like they'd take awhile to pull off.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well i'll give him a good shot, no point in not trying someone if you dont think he is good. Maining him will be one of my targets for brawl for me as well as sonic and fox

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
I've planned to main him since his profile was finally updated on the dojo. My favorite video game character of all time. :)

The Enemy

Smash Apprentice
It's good to know that there are so many MGS fans who play Smash. The only reason why I started playing Melee was because Snake is on Brawl.

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
It's good to know that there are so many MGS fans who play Smash. The only reason why I started playing Melee was because Snake is on Brawl.
I've been a Smash Bros fan longer than an MGS fan, but I love both serieses. Snake being in Brawl is like some kind of nerd fantasy for me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom