• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

any tips

Browny

Smash Hater
Funny how this same problem also applies to dedede heheheh

sonics fsmash is good, easily kills at around 120% for any non-heavys. just practice stutter stepping it

Tenki

Smash Hero
Basically, to hug with Sonic, as soon as you run off the edge (or maybe start moving it as you reach the edge):
Fast fall and DI towards the level.

Lucky compares it to the Hadoken motion from Street Fighter (quarter circle from down to side)

------

@ original topic

T_T

don't tell me I did that for nothing!? >_<

but either way, don't get hung up on it. Just keep going until you see a weakpoint. If you go over 170, congratulations, the majority of your moves can kill people!

Personally, I have (alot of) problems actually hitting the killing shots unless they're part of attack strings.

Try to think ahead of where your opponent will move. When you go to hit your b-air, you don't want to go double jumping, start your b-air, just to see that your opponent double jumped over you. You also don't want to be in the situation where you miscalculate the timing and use B-air too early/too late. That one slip can mean another 30-50% more damage because you gave your opponent another chance D:
pout :[

R4ZE

Smash Ace
works out better for me if i dont worry too much about the killing moves, but just focus on outplaying your opponent in gneral and mainly, not taking damage. while throwing in hits when the opportunity is there.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Agreed, i really just try to outplay my opponent as well, but since i have played with Sonic almost exclusively, i do know a thing or two about gimping and employ that to kill at lower percents. Other than that, i guess you just get a knack for timing and such as far as 120%-170% kill moves, but again... can be hard to land.

K3V1N

Smash Cadet
Just happened to watch your sonic vid and all I have to say is YOURE TOO SLOW. But in all seriousness, it looks to me like you're not taking much advantage of Sonic's amazing speed. Too many times you were simply walking instead of dashing and standing instead of jumping, even at crucial moments. You rely too heavily on your spindash moves and not enough on your (short hop-fastfall) aerials. This is a key component for any Sonic player.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
I usually try to throw them off the edge above 100% and then land a bair to their face. If that doesn't work, 2x stutter-stepped fsmash, just add water. Also, don't disregard Sonic's amazing edgeguarding game. Triple fair off the screen ftw?

Top Bottom