• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Smashers in Cambridge?!

L-J

Smash Ace
LOL. Anyway looking through the results I'm incredibly salty about the number of players I'm better than placing above me, so please fellow Cambridge smashers train me up so this never happens again.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Will do. My tech chasing felt really good yesterday, so if that lasts, I should be getting far more off each grab, therefore getting rid of the "spacies can CC everything I can do" phase.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
I could do it today from 5ish and on wed night from about 7:30! would be glad if we get something started!

rustediron

Smash Lord
90s night at Kambar on wed btw! :D

And I'd be up for wandering over to play for an hour or so between now and 5

rustediron

Smash Lord
Good **** today, I feel I'm starting to understand how sheik works a little more. Still need to practice shnair out of shield, though. Also trying new stuff with Marth was interesting.

I'd be up for Wed early evening, what time do you think you can start hosting from?

gm jack

Smash Lord
Nair OoS is only really effective against Falco, as every other character should either be outspacing you and/or happy to just grab you. Falco has a comparatively trash grab game, so you can get by.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Few questions...
Where do you guys meet? How often do you meet? How many of you are there?

rustediron

Smash Lord
Usually Queens' College, once or twice a week, 5/6 at the moment, the '/6' has only been seen once though.

...though we only play Melee :S

auroreon

Smash Ace
Haha, Yea I know you play Melee.
The Brawl community in the UK is kinda... not great, but it seems like the Melee scene is rather better.
Beggars can't be choosers.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
Hey Hugo what about your setup is it working now or not yet? i'll prob be ther around 7.30 tonight

L-J

Smash Ace
Ah well, one setup is ok i guess to rotate doubles. I have an essay to write anyway so when we switch to singles I don't mind not playing too many games. Come over from now guys, I'm not gonna start my essay yet so may as well start asap.

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
awesome session. never laughed that much! something on at the weekend?

L-J

Smash Ace
Finished my essay at 3am and was up at 8.30 for a 9am lecture, but it was once again worth it lol. I reckon Saturday eve seems to work for most people usually. What do people think? Also can we get two setups in some way for then?

sinai420

Smash Cadet
i have a setup i can bring along, but i can't make saturday - its a friends birthday. i might be able to make it later

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
Okay at what time is that happening tomorrow? and i found a stack of pizza vouchers in my post xD somebody up for pizza?

L-J

Smash Ace
I'll get pizza as well. Guys feel free to come from 6.00 onwards tomorrow. Also if anyone feels like a few games tonight I'm free and willing - though that may sound a bit overkill I'm loving my smash right now :)

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
from what time are your doors opened tonight? i happen to be around atm

MaSe

Smash Apprentice
i could just do it till 6ish... so lets get something started next week pls

L-J

Smash Ace
'fraid I can't open doors till 6:30 Matteo, least we got some games in yesterday. And yeah I've got your vouchers Jack. If Chris comes later on he said he'd bring his setup.

Top Bottom