• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any pikachu's that aren't asshats?

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
The only people I find playing pikachu on Galaxy 64 sit on the edge of the map and backthrow gimp you all game. People who pick other characters very rarely do this and it's getting to the point where if I see someone pick pikachu at the selection screen I just drop from the game. Any pika mainers who don't pull this **** can you leave your Galaxy 64 name in this thread? Just so I don't immediately rage quit if I see your name picking pika.

DMoogle

A$
I don't main anyone, but I play Pika pretty often and I think I camp far less than most players. I like relying on combos for kills, it makes the game more interesting and fun.

Maybe I'm just delusional though.

Who are you on Galaxy 64? I'm A$.

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
I'm crackawhat on galaxy. I've been playing smash 64 online for awhile with a buddy of mine but never on galaxy; I couldn't get PJ64k working on Windows 7 so I had to use mupen on SonicCageDome. I finally got PJ64K working so I've migrated to Galaxy.

Frogles

Smash Ace
uhh i dont see whats wrong with quitting before the match begins. if he doesnt have fun playing against pikachus why the hell would he play against them? for honor and glory!?

The Star King

Smash Hero
So he can learn to beat them instead of giving up immediately every time and never be able to beat them.

Frogles

Smash Ace
i've beaten every pika i've played on galaxy no problem and i still hate playing against them. not everything is about winning.

The Star King

Smash Hero
i've beaten every pika i've played on galaxy no problem and i still hate playing against them. not everything is about winning.
But you can't compare yourself with this guy. If you had ragequitted vs every pika like this guy back when you were much worse, you never would have learned to beat them.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Nobody on the australian server is like that...it's at the point where I can pick Link against anybody's Pika and stand a decent chance, because they don't play super gay.

Of course, we have like 1/50 of the people on Galaxy...

Crackawhat

Smash Rookie
Learn how to beat it?
I did, sadly the way to beat it is to also pick pikachu and camp the opposite ledge, and wait for my opponent to get so bored he comes to me. I played against Dmoogle; he doesn't camp, he's aggressive and a very, very good player, he wrecked me repeatedly. But he didn't do it by ledge camping and back throwing. I wasn't frustrated after those loses, it was more of "**** he's good" feeling.

It's not just pika, I've had it done to me with fox too, but it only happened once and not every time like with pika (excluding Dmoog of course). I don't try and be the biggest cheap**** I can to win, I just try to play for fun. So why should I bother with an edge camper if it's not fun?

But you can't compare yourself with this guy. If you had ragequitted vs every pika like this guy back when you were much worse, you never would have learned to beat them.
"Every pika" being maybe 3 or 4 people so far. And it's not like I won't fight pika. I'm just saying if the first character you go to is pika I'm not gonna bother because odds are you're a hardcore play to win person who just picks the most powerful character, does the cheapest strats, etc. If you pick link, then pika, then yoshi, then mario, etc. I won't care.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
Best solution: play on Dreamland, keep yourself constantly moving, and don't get grabbed.
Keep practicing those 3 things and you'll do fine.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
People do this sometimes with more characters than just pika. Basically you just have to learn how to beat it, and you'll feel good. Generally if someone does this to me it takes me a stock or 2 to realize that they're playing gay. The best solution sometimes is to play gay back, or at least for 1 or 2 stocks to show them what if feels like. Be precise with your shorthops and runs, and you'll probably be able to easily out-grab them or gimp them. Then eventually you'll be able to beat them, they'll realize that you're better than them and that all they have is one poor strategy, and they'll go cry in the corner of the room. :laugh:

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
You can just ask them if they want to use a different char. I main pika so if I'm playing serious I will use that character, and if I desperately want to win I will abuse cheap strategies until it doesn't work anymore (you found a solution to it). I also pick other chars in friendlies, it all depends on what I want but if my opponents wants me to play a different char I'll be happy to switch.

Dan$inyi

Smash Apprentice
I just pick kirby everytime someone picks pikachu because they will either re-pick as soon as i pick kirby or keep pikachu and lose. I hate playing and playing against kirby...hes just a good pika repelant !

H0lyQuebec

Smash Apprentice
best pika here pwned owned

mattNF is mad because he cant beat me QQ 1843578954749750-0 no re

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
I just pick kirby everytime someone picks pikachu because they will either re-pick as soon as i pick kirby or keep pikachu and lose. I hate playing and playing against kirby...hes just a good pika repelant !
This brings back a fun memory with Ross as Pika and me as Kirby :laugh:

It's funny how Pikas grab stretches out as far as DK's. Seriously, his grab is annoying, but if you practice with someone who mains pikachu alot then it's pretty easy to beat your way around it.

Top Bottom