• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any pikachu's that aren't asshats?

Squash

Smash Rookie
played against a pika like that, then he selected DK and did the same thing and I was link.... so that was fun

Battlecow

Play to Win
My pika's not that asshattish; I don't camp with him, at least, and I don't really gimp that much. The exception is when you're playing kirby. It's not personal, I just like to have a good time playing a gimpy, campy pikachu once in a while, and kirby players are the only ones who have no right to complain or be annoyed. That way, we both have a good time.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I dont think so, you need to space well, falcon has more range than pika
Falcon's range means crap when you're being tossed about in the air with Pikachu. A smart Pikachu player can outspace Falcon.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
I dont think so, you need to space well, falcon has more range than pika
More like falcon gets ***** by pika @ gimping and edge game so you gotta avoid that
Dont forget the height ratio between the two. Epsecially on the left roof of hyrule. If your on the higher part of the slant as falcon, the only thing you can do is his sweep (lag) or run away. Falcons not a bad choice to play against pikachu, but I wouldn't personally. I know how much of a biatch pikachu, not the player, PIKACHU is and I'll do what ever I can to kill him. Even if that means drilling him down every single time I'm kirby, which is why I main as him against pikachu.

But it's good to practice against him with falcon and link

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Falcon's range means crap when you're being tossed about in the air with Pikachu. A smart Pikachu player can outspace Falcon.
Also a smart falcon player can outspace pikachu? lol
then you also can try to stay on the floor and try to counter his attacks until you get a grab or a upsmash

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Also a smart falcon player can outspace pikachu? lol
then you also can try to stay on the floor and try to counter his attacks until you get a grab or a upsmash
Yeah, it's pretty easy to grab pikachu considering he's 1/3rd of Falcon's size. When you're spamming grabs to no avail, Pikachu can start usmashing you into a air combo finishing with a bair.

D

Deleted member

some pointless theory crafting here, although nixxxon is way more right than near

if a falcon is trying to grab pika and pikachu whiffs an up smash thats a free grab and no n00b falcon spams grabs like a ******.. why theorycraft n00b playing?

whats da point?

space better, get that single opening and you can lay the hurt with either character

falcon is one of the top choices against pika no doubt

fox is arguably better but takes more effort

Skrlx

Smash Champion
some pointless theory crafting here, although nixxxon is way more right than near
no bias at all, nope.

But yeah, because Nixxon's point that Falcon has more range than Pikachu makes sense while you're getting pummeled in the air. That "n00b" thing is stupid, because i've seen good players miss a grab and try to follow it up with another grab. I'm not talking about "grabgrabgrabgrabgrabgrabDURRHURRgrab". By the time you realize it's not worth grabbing Pikachu; you're already caught in a grab, utilt or usmash. A good Pikachu can also outspace usmash setups from Falcon as well as ****** the crap out of his recovery with fsmash edgeguards.

I do agree that Falcon is a good competitor against Pikachu, but IMO, Fox is better even though as you mentioned, it takes more effort.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Falcon can **** pika quickly with the upair combos and it only takes 1 hit to grab (not necessarily directly grab) or an upsmash. I find that bair approaches or defensive counters works well vs pika

D

Deleted member

im not saying it cuz u are near i hate both u guys about the same but nixxxon is more right

sorry but 'good' players aren't suicidal and attempt another grab after a miss unless they are confident that they are way better than their opponent or messing around. Maybe you are talking about 'alright' players who you think are good but in the grand scheme of things suck

even so, why say a player is 'good' if they are doing n00b tactics?

pikachu except in the hands of either extremely good (only 2 or 3 exist) or gay pikas will never have an unexploitable spacing or tactic with a character like falcon, its dum to assume the worst and create pessimistic situations when all the events you listed are beatable

Top Bottom