• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any other stance fighters you want?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Stance fighers meaning characters like Pokemon Trainer, or Pyra and Mythra. Who would you like to see make this status?

Personally, I'd really like to see X and Zero become a stance fighter. To me, it would just feel wrong to have one without the other. X focusing on medium and far ranged projectile attacks, and Zero focusing on melee.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Monster Hunter could work as a stance change character by swapping loadouts and completely altering the moveset.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) and Deoxys (Pokémon) are two stance/transformation characters that would be really cool to see. Dixie and Kiddy Kong would be great as well.

This one is a little more out there, but I think it could be really fun: Xehanort, Ansem, and Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts. Since Ansem and Xemnas are just parts of Xehanort, it could make some sense to switch between the three even if they didn’t in Kingdom Hearts. That way, you can represent the entire franchise having the main antagonist of each game while technically still being the same character.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Adol and Reimu could work as a stance-swap character, though it's not a guarantee. Adol can use greatswords and rapiers in addition to the one-handed swords he's known for in the sixth and seventh games, and most Touhou games give you the option to change your shots somehow, such as alternate sets or different modifiers. On the topic of Reimu, Focusing is more or less a stance system in and of itself, so there's that too.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
A Digimon Tamer could be cool, where you switch or "digivolve" between Agumon, Greymon, and Metal Greymon or something similar, or maybe just Agumon with different Digimon you switch between. Because while you could just add Agumon and call it a day, it'd be nicer if you have more. It would probably represent the series far better as well.

I like the X and Zero idea the OP has, too.

Other than that, can't think of much.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
it so happens that two of the last faint hopes i cling to for the Fighter's Pass would be stance fighters!

i hate myself a little for having a blue-haired sword user so high on my wishlist, but i'd love to see Deltarune's Kris get in with Ralsei and Susie by their side

and Breath of the Wild's Champions, too! getting all four of them would almost make up for passing on so many other good Zelda options over the last two decades

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I know this’ll never happen but I think the Axem Rangers from Super Mario RPG would work interestingly well with that mechanic.
1620443442047.jpeg

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ve been playing Hades lately and I think Zagreus could work quite nicely as a stance fighter. At first he would have a kind of standard moveset but then you could switch between different blessings from each god which would change his moveset slightly and give him a lot of variety. It would be pretty complicated and he would have a lot of moves but I think it could work.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) and Deoxys (Pokémon) are two stance/transformation characters that would be really cool to see. Dixie and Kiddy Kong would be great as well.

This one is a little more out there, but I think it could be really fun: Xehanort, Ansem, and Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts. Since Ansem and Xemnas are just parts of Xehanort, it could make some sense to switch between the three even if they didn’t in Kingdom Hearts. That way, you can represent the entire franchise having the main antagonist of each game while technically still being the same character.
I would want it to be Nightmare.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A long time ago, before Pac-Man was revealed, I thought a Namco Museum stance fighter with Pac-Man, Taizo Hori, and Mappy would be super cool. Maybe that could work today with Pac-Man swapped for someone like Valkyrie or a Galaga ship.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
personally I’ve always wanted a playable Lakitu with 2 different movesets depending on whether he’s riding the cloud or grounded

zacian/zamazenta would be cool too especially since all the current stance characters only use it offensively

Last edited:
Top Bottom