• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any news for Project M 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Although this probably won't happen, I'm speculating they might take some ideas from smash 4, and give characters a jab finish, let DK use his down special in the air, remove sheiks chain for a new special, Samus up special = kill move, and maybe Marth gets a good counter again instead of always doing 6 or 7%.

Just look how epic that counter is:

In brawl Marth did 1.1x, and Ike did 1.2x times the damage.

According to this video marths counter is 1.64x, it makes you wonder what godly rate Ike will have...maybe 2.0x?

Last edited by a moderator:

JFoldum

Smash Cadet
I haven't followed the Project M forums much, trust me I love it though.

I'm fairly confident the PMBR won't do anything idiotic like adding Smash 4 characters because that would be HIGHLY TRULY TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE disrespectful to both Nintendo and Sakurai.

So much disrespect there would be no word in the universe that can truly give you a sample of how wide a scale of disrespect that is.
Lmaoooooo this guy

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Only new character I want in Project M is a Pink Gold Peach costume for Peach. She also needs to have the weird drowning sounds that Pink Gold Peach makes. #PinkGoldrekt

JFoldum

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Hi fren.

Friendly advice. Don't be that new member that tries to start fights. It won't end well for you :)

This isn't YouTube pal.
Too bad i wasnt trying to start a fight somebody as salty as you is definitely not worth my time. If your salty over a quote of me laughing your more pathetic then i thought.

D

Deleted member

^ your right, let's get back on topic b4 they bring the chains.

And to get us right back on track heres a megalist of speculation:

-peach will be changed so instead of just turnips she can pluck some of the other vegetables from SMB2

-more costumes in next version
-lucas will have less hitstun and upthrow nerf
-warios dash grab will be either be better of changed
-if you press down special while your opponent is caught in warios neutral special "chomp" you can use your gas to burp
-marios fireballs do slightly less damage
-luigi gets a vaccum to fight with now
-bowser gets a giant fireball instead of just breathing fire
-some of yoshis eggs can randomly be metal eggs, which do much more damage, knockback, and shield damage
-captain falcons falcon punch is now a recovery move, and his side special gets to be something new
-diddy kong is only allowed to have 1 banana at any given time
-there are now jab combos finishers like smash 4
-new stages both competitive and for casuals
-kid icarus gets a new item or two
-donkey kong can now down special in the air
-squirtle, ivysuar, and charizard, now get there own final smashes
-falco and wolf are no longer clones of fox and have at least one unique special each
-ice climbers get all around buffs, and better nana ai
-zelda gets toned down slightly
-sheiks side special chain gets removed and replaced with something new and exciting
-link gets cut from the roster and is replaced with vaati.....just kidding checking if your still alive
-toon links up special becomes a deku leaf, and his wind waker taunt actually does summon a brief wind
-ganondorf gets a trident, with a totally revamped moveset and is no longer a clone
-mewtwo gets either his hover taken away, or his ability to act out of up special
-lucarios down special now does damage
-pikachu can now evolve into riachu by getting 2 kills in a row without a death, and then pressing up taunt pulls a thunder stone
-jigglypuff gets new moves and all around buffs
-alternatively jigglypuff gets replaced with gengar.....it was bound to happen eventually get your things in order jiggs
-squirtles water gun becomes much more useful than it is currently, and also squirtle gets a higher weight
-tweaks to ivysaurs solar beam, poision is removed, and seed bomb becomes less spamable
-charizard side special becomes more useful, and his up special is faster and less punishable
-zero suit samus gets buffs, a counter, more stance options off moves, and a bigger breast size <(0.0)>
-ness gets a better meteor smash, his down special does more knockback, pk fire is removed for pk rockin
-pit chaingrab nerfs
-choosing sopo, or gigabowser doesn't randomly set the cursor to meta knight afterwards
-you can now hold l/r for wario-man
-isaac is a new character
-jill is a new character
-waluigi is a new character
-skull kid is a new character
-pmbr announce a they have cracked the da vinci code to include more than 5 clone chars
-game and watch can now catch every item in his bucket regardless
-every character can now wall jump
-king dedede only throws gordos that spike the crap out of opponents
-king dededes down special no longer damages himself in recoil
-ikes counter throws his oponnents directly up in front of him so he can get a free attack in
-marth gets a good counter that does not deal 7%
-roy gets all around buffs
-olimar gets 3 pikmin now, but his damage output becomes amazing, also down special blows a gust of wind like lucas/ivysaur
-r.o.b can reflect while he is doing side special in the air
-snake can now move around while hes in the box taunt
-you can now have nick names that are longer than 5 digits long
-subspace embassy removed to make room for future characters and stuffs
-team battles have more color options
-there are now level 10, cpus with godlike ai
-pmbr hides an easter egg, where if luigi is losing but suddenly makes a stunning comeback, he gives you a death stare

Last edited by a moderator:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Anyway, my friend let me borrow his Wii for a while so I'll be able to play PM again.

Haven't played since 2.1 because my Wii's disc drive broke around 2-3 years ago, lol.

I'm excited to play Mewtwo that's for sure.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
honestly... PM is fine with the roster that already is. Mewtwo and Roy alone are mega awesome to have (who weren't there before)

adding more characters will just mess with boss rush mode, among other things in the game.

Shin F.

Smash Master
honestly... PM is fine with the roster that already is. Mewtwo and Roy alone are mega awesome to have (who weren't there before)

adding more characters will just mess with boss rush mode, among other things in the game.
Adding more characters isn't gonna do anything Mewtwo and Roy's additions haven't already done...

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I dont want to bring the leak discussion in here. But as i keep saying. Rosalina was not "leaked" simply because it was revealed before the 2nd leak. Thats it.

Being around for the leaks of Marvel/AE/SFXT/MK9/Injustice/Dissidia and X/Y never have there been "More characters" then what the correct leak provided.

I would LOVE for their to be more characters as my number 1 character didn't make it (K Rool) But it is what it is.
He said in the second leak that he did not know about Rosalina at all, so if she had not been revealed by the second leak then she would have not been on it anyways, he also never said that thats all the newcomers, it is likely there is still 3-4 left.

JFoldum

Smash Cadet

-peach will be changed so instead of just turnips she can pluck so of the other vegetables from SMB2

-if you press down special while your opponent is caught in warios neutral special "chomp" you can use your gas to burp
-some of yoshis eggs can randomly be metal eggs, which do much more damage, knockback, and shield damage
-captain falcons falcon punch is now a recovery move, and his side special gets to be something new
-diddy kong is only allowed to have 1 banana at any given time
-donkey kong can now down special in the air
-falco and wolf are no longer clones of fox and have at least one unique special each
-sheiks side special chain gets removed and replaced with something new and exciting
-link gets cut from the roster and is replaced with vaati.....just kidding checking if your still alive
-toon links up special becomes a deku leaf, and his wind waker taunt actually does summon a brief wind
-ganondorf gets a trident, with a totally revamped moveset and is no longer a clone
-mewtwo gets either his hover taken away, or his ability to act out of up special
-pikachu can now evolve into riachu by getting 2 kills in a row without a death, and then pressing up taunt pulls a thunder stone
-alternatively jigglypuff gets replaced with gengar.....it was bound to happen eventually get your things in order jiggs
-squirtles water gun becomes much more useful than it is currently, and also squirtle gets a higher weight
-tweaks to ivysaurs solar beam, poision is removed, and seed bomb becomes less spamable
-charizard side special becomes more useful, and his up special is faster and less punishable
-zero suit samus gets buffs, a counter, more stance options off moves, and a bigger breast size <(0.0)>
-ness gets a better meteor smash, his down special does more knockback, pk fire is removed for pk rockin
-pit chaingrab nerfs
-choosing sopo, or gigabowser doesn't randomly set the cursor to meta knight afterwards
-jill is a new character
-waluigi is a new character
-pmbr announce a they have cracked the da vinci code to include more than 5 clone chars
-every character can now wall jump
-ikes counter throws his oponnents directly up in front of him so he can get a free attack in
-olimar gets 3 pikmin now, but his damage output becomes amazing, also down special blows a gust of wind like lucas/ivysaur
-subspace embassy removed to make room for future characters and stuffs
-pmbr hides an easter egg, where if luigi is losing but suddenly makes a stunning comeback, he gives you a death stare
This amazing

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

-peach will be changed so instead of just turnips she can pluck some of the other vegetables from SMB2

-pit chaingrab nerfs
-subspace emisary removed to make room for future characters and stuffs
Like these.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Aside from the obvious things like better balance, light shielding, melee tethers, more characters, and general fine tuning, I would really appreciate some updated aesthetics. I'm talkin updated csps, character textures, stage textures, sound effects, announcer voice, menus, etc. I know I can do all of this myself, which I do, I just think the more PM stood out compared to brawl the more it would feel like a completely separate entity.

Bambi_

King of the Forest
Surprised nobody has mentioned anything related to Ike Climbers yet. Obviously the cutesy outfits are a joke, but what does the fact that they put out a video with the Ike Climbers in it mean? It means that they implemented code to allow for ICs like play for non-ICs characters, either by manually doing it for Ike or by writing out general code that can do it for every character. Like how turbo mode being the standard was a joke, Ike Climbers being a character is a joke. But, I think it's gonna be a new gamemode. Again, like turbo.

Other than that, I think we can expect a lot of polish and fixin's. Functional single player modes, final smashes for Pokemon, and the return of some of those Melee mechanics (wall tethers and light shielding). If something "huge" is happening, we're probably getting some new characters, and it's likely to be the ones who everyone is hying over (Pichu, Ridley, Geno, etc.).

Renji64

Smash Lord
Aside from the obvious things like better balance, light shielding, melee tethers, more characters, and general fine tuning, I would really appreciate some updated aesthetics. I'm talkin updated csps, character textures, stage textures, sound effects, announcer voice, menus, etc. I know I can do all of this myself, which I do, I just think the more PM stood out compared to brawl the more it would feel like a completely separate entity.
A New Menu would be awesome.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Surprised nobody has mentioned anything related to Ike Climbers yet. Obviously the cutesy outfits are a joke, but what does the fact that they put out a video with the Ike Climbers in it mean? It means that they implemented code to allow for ICs like play for non-ICs characters, either by manually doing it for Ike or by writing out general code that can do it for every character. Like how turbo mode being the standard was a joke, Ike Climbers being a character is a joke. But, I think it's gonna be a new gamemode. Again, like turbo.

Other than that, I think we can expect a lot of polish and fixin's. Functional single player modes, final smashes for Pokemon, and the return of some of those Melee mechanics (wall tethers and light shielding). If something "huge" is happening, we're probably getting some new characters, and it's likely to be the ones who everyone is hying over (Pichu, Ridley, Geno, etc.).
There was a code released on the vault that they used for Ike Climbers. It's just a code to have Player 1 and Player 2 share inputs with a slight delay on one of them to give the Ice Climber effect. They put the two Ikes on a team to prevent them from hitting each other.

Bambi_

King of the Forest
There was a code released on the vault that they used for Ike Climbers. It's just a code to have Player 1 and Player 2 share inputs with a slight delay on one of them to give the Ice Climber effect. They put the two Ikes on a team to prevent them from hitting each other.
;_______; Rest in ****ing pieces

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Then how do you explain this?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
>Turn off HUD
>Edit single HUD image into Gameplay via video software.

Note that it doesn't have his name anywhere on it, whereas usually it shows up below the portrait.
That's a good point, but keep in mind that the name doesn't show up in Project M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom