• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any news for Project M 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
All-Star VS confirmed! Multiple characters that switch on KO. Really, really awesome.

Also, Light Suit Samus, OoT Ganon, and Classic Pit.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There's still more to be announced at a later date.
...Am I the only one who feels like all he did right here was state the blatantly obvious?

No offense or anti-hype intended or anything.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Last edited:

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
You guys forgot that Marth stole Sigurd's armor. (Check the PM Website for that alt costume.)

The full list of alts is:

a) Samus AND ZSS (Light Suit + 2 More)
b) Marth (Sigurd's Armor)
c) Lucario (Lucaryu)
d) Pit (Stoned Pit)
e) Ganondorf (Top Tier Ganondorf)

Shin F.

Smash Master
You guys forgot that Marth stole Sigurd's armor. (Check the PM Website for that alt costume.)

The full list of alts is:

a) Samus AND ZSS (Light Suit + 2 More)
b) Marth (Sigurd's Armor)
c) Lucario (Lucaryu)
d) Pit (Stoned Pit)
e) Ganondorf (Top Tier Ganondorf)
We didn't forget, per se. A lot of those posts were before the blog post was up...

Celestis

Smash Ace
There better be some engine tweaks or I'll be disappointed. At least one or two. Also nerfing Mewtwo slightly would be great.
Mewtwo is just really good against the fast fallers. I dunno if that really warrants nerfs. Maybe just a bit of balance changes to make him less overwhelming to them.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is just really good against the fast fallers. I dunno if that really warrants nerfs. Maybe just a bit of balance changes to make him less overwhelming to them.
Pretty sure I've seen him do well against all characters except maybe Zero Suit or Sonic. Plus a few things he has are really polarizing.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It's not stoned pit haha. It's classic pit
That's Pit when he knew Medusa. Back then he was always stoned.

There was a code released on the vault that they used for Ike Climbers. It's just a code to have Player 1 and Player 2 share inputs with a slight delay on one of them to give the Ice Climber effect. They put the two Ikes on a team to prevent them from hitting each other.
I thought the Ike Climbers were there to test out if characters could be two in one similar to the Ice Climbers. That feels a lot more logical when you think about it. An Ice Climbers clone to add another character that has two in one would add for some very unique gameplay.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I thought the Ike Climbers were there to test out if characters could be two in one similar to the Ice Climbers. That feels a lot more logical when you think about it. An Ice Climbers clone to add another character that has two in one would add for some very unique gameplay.
Dantarion said a long while back that it was possible for him to clone any character (he specifically mentioned Ice Climbers), so I'm pretty sure they already knew they could do that.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I've always had this idea, and april fools practically confirmed it being at all a possible thing;
Using the Ice Climber's Base (or easier put, the same thing you did to two Ike's), and 2 Pikachu, you could appease the "When's Pichu" crowd at the same time adding something entirely new to Project M; Having two DeSync-able Pikachus that damage themselves (just like Pichu) would be a more than decent trade, and to make it better, instead of it being two Pikachu or Pichu;

Plusle and Minun.
I feel the combo/gameplay theory alone is fantastic; Taking damage like Pichu (each of them) for the trade off of being able to DeSync them for all kinds of dumb set-ups and Grab chains. Too many possible (and not awful) scenario's for Up B as well.

Maybe one day. Lol

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What's it called when characters bounce off the screen? I want that back so bad!!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
What's it called when characters bounce off the screen? I want that back so bad!!
Screen K.O.'s?

They'll be in the next update I think, they're adjusting them so their downtime until the next stock matches that of the Star K.O. Previously they ran at different speeds, so it was taken out for that presumably.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I predict a brand newcomer, Project M exclusive. They wouldn't build it up so much unanimously if it wasn't something ACTUALLY that impressive. Someone like a Ridely or Bowser Jr. or something.

If this isn't the case, I will never believe in them again. YOUR MOVE PMBR.

Last edited:

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754

How about this? Read about it on NeoGAF, guess it was posted on 4chan's /v/ by a person who had previously leaked the Lucario alternate costume, so it is most likely legit. Though Project M people have denied this.

Shin F.

Smash Master

How about this? Read about it on NeoGAF, guess it was posted on 4chan's /v/ by a person who had previously leaked the Lucario alternate costume, so it is most likely legit. Though Project M people have denied this.
It was made by a PMBR (Vaanrose) and posted on 4chan by another PMBR who wanted to leave, I think. It was already on Vaanrose's portfolio even before that, though, so he wasn't exactly keeping it a secret. It may mean something, or it may not. I think Warchamp has said it's just a model Vaanrose made for himself.

http://vaanrose.com/portfolio-sami.html

Edit: Odd, seems the link is actually broken now. It's still shown on his main page, though.

http://www.vaanrose.com/

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's funny because it's taken down now that the leak lost steam.
And it was only uploaded when the leak was first announced.

*shrug*

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
I predict a brand newcomer, Project M exclusive. They wouldn't build it up so much unanimously if it wasn't something ACTUALLY that impressive. Someone like a Ridely or Bowser Jr. or something.

If this isn't the case, I will never believe in them again. YOUR MOVE PMBR.
If you're referingg to the posts I've made in this thread they're about what i've personally made for project m, and I don't make characters

red9rd

Smash Ace

Watch this just become a trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom