• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any news for Project M 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
EDIT: I see people fight about the Gematsu leak more than discussing PM 4.0 content. That's not really what this post was meant for ;) Please continue discussion, but stop fighting, especially if it's off-topic.
Besides, the PMBR commented here that we are gonna love what we will get in the new version. Thanks for telling us this :) We can all now officially board thd hype-train.

ORIGINAL POST: I'm not complaining or whining or anything, just wondering if anybody knows any news. I know they've said that they have 5 character spots left, and with Smash Bros for 3DS soon upon us....?

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
All I know is every PMBR this entire site keeps saying how great it's going to be, or how something will blow us away.

Then, with the flick of a wrist they wavedash away from the thread. Ultimately telling us nothing.

Last edited:

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
judging by how long it's been since we've heard about anything it seems like something bigs going to happen

I try to keep these things out of my mind because, I'll get far to hyped and go crazy

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie at this point I'd be satisfied with a polished engine and some balancing, everything else is icing on the cake
But we need them light shields, and I'd like to see stuff like the 1frame momentum delay fixed, so I can finally have confidence that my frame by frame testing is stuff that'll last the life of the game instead of maybe not working with the next big update.

Bleck

Smash Master
in 4.0 you can play as every single anime character

Celestis

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie at this point I'd be satisfied with a polished engine and some balancing, everything else is icing on the cake
But we need them light shields, and I'd like to see stuff like the 1frame momentum delay fixed, so I can finally have confidence that my frame by frame testing is stuff that'll last the life of the game instead of maybe not working with the next big update.
Sadly I don't think the frame delay will ever be fixed. Since its been removed from known bugs and all. I think its just apart of PM.

nessmaster1

Smash Cadet
I'm sure the "Big changes" will be Pokemon final smashes with a few minor tweaks. Nothing mind blowing. IMO

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I heard that PM is actually Smash 4 running on the Wii's engine, and Nintendo is just stealing it and making it prettier. Obviously if Smash 4 were truthfully from Japan and not a PM clone, it would have more anime girls, just like real Japan.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I heard that PM is actually Smash 4 running on the Wii's engine, and Nintendo is just stealing it and making it prettier. Obviously if Smash 4 were truthfully from Japan and not a PM clone, it would have more anime girls, just like real Japan.
Megaman confirmed for PM. 4.0

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I'm gonna be laughing my balls off, if/once Nintendo confirms Ridley as a playable character for Smash 4.

Last edited:

Rongunshu

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who would like Dark Samus as a playable character? That gif will apply for me too when they confirmed Dark Samus as an assist. I would like my Dark Samus with some Melee seasoning please.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
PAL version probably? Dunno.

It'd be amazing if they gave us the option to switch between Brawl and Melee sfx, but a man can dream.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I think PMBR is actually going to hold off on character announcements until after they know what Smash 4 will have just to avoid that. If of course they plan to show one any time soon.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I think PMBR is actually going to hold off on character announcements until after they know what Smash 4 will have just to avoid that. If of course they plan to show one any time soon.
I know you're probably joking but they deconfirmed that any smash 4 newcomer to be in PM. Unfortunately...
the pmbr has said that if they've been working on a character that later gets revealed for smash 4, that they would still include the character in PM. So technically, possible future smash 4 chars could also be in PM.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm predicting a new Project M Custom Online Multiplayer, that would be mind blowing

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Bring the characters, thats fine... I just hope they dont bring anything else from Smash 4. Its Project M not Project 4. We dont need smash 4 character movesets and items, etc.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Bring the characters, thats fine... I just hope they dont bring anything else from Smash 4. Its Project M not Project 4. We dont need smash 4 character movesets and items, etc.
Well of course they won't bring the move sets, exactly You think Nintendo would make a good Melee character?

red9rd

Smash Ace
I'm not suppose to let you guys know this, but ..... more than four players at once.
Cough cough the ability to put stage hazards in stages (Tingle in Great Bay.)

Last edited:

Celestis

Smash Ace
I'm not suppose to let you guys know this, but ..... more than four players at once.
Cough cough the ability to put stage hazards in stages (Tingle in Great Bay.)
Tornado confirmed for Hyrule castle?

In all seriousness, though. If 4.0 is nothing but engine updates. I would perfectly okay with that. Bring on the Light shielding! Wall tethers, too.

I would say fix the timer.. But its kinda fun!
Anyone else want the life limit on motion sensor mines removed?

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
When they showed that Skull Kid was an assist trophy or whatever in Smash 4 I was like

Am I the only one who would like Dark Samus as a playable character? That gif will apply for me too when they confirmed Dark Samus as an assist. I would like my Dark Samus with some Melee seasoning please.
I think it's hilarious that people are actually happy characters are confirmed as not playable in Smash 4, just because it means they might be playable in PM.

Be proud, PMBR. You have made the bad, good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom