• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any news for Project M 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
Well, maybe Nintendo wouldn't have this problem at all if they kept releasing GOOD smash games :troll:
really though no hate except for maybe just a little bit

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, um some "friend of PMBR" has been spamming a "leak" that includes the Skull kid reveal being after a turbo video or something. No one believes him because he said a buffed-out Pichu will be included but he says some of it is actually true, namely the skull kid reveal. If you're intentionally just spreading disinfo(like before) then kindly **** off. It's bad enough being teased but spreading false rumors is past the point of being a D-bag.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
dude you're killing me
I'm pretty dead myself.

Pichu buffed is taking away its attacks entirely.
No Attacks = No Damage.

Lol, but seriously here; I'm waiting on Knuckles the Echidna, Lynn (FE), Issac (GS), Toon Zelda/Tetra (wishful thinking), and Someone to make a decent Mega Blaziken Texture/Model for C.Falcon already, Come on!
K so that last one's on me, but I've got good hunches towards the rest;
I wanna see this new version already so I can (still) not buy a wii u for another few months!

Exodo

Smash Ace
I hope Project M 4.0 comes out before the Wii U version, because when that comes out I don't know how much time I will have to play it.
i hope it comes out now!! like in august and **** im hyped to see whats new and whats coming!!!

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
I've been following the thread and all I've seen is you PMBR goons enjoying teasing everyone. So cruel of you. It's like "lol this s***'s soooo great but Imma not tellin' you guys nothin', lmao" except for the all-stars gimmick. Well gee-whiz it's like I'm skipping the character re-selection process now! Wowit'sEffinNothing. Maybe everyone else loves to suck up to you but I won't. This salt is yours and you deserve it.
I've made more than just ASV, and there is something more significant than it at least in terms of changing up gameplay, and I wanna avoid overhyping anything this time so I'll say again straight out, I have not made any characters

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles is little mac status with ariel control, and I read "I have not made any characters" as some one else has.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
I've made more than just ASV, and there is something more significant than it at least in terms of changing up gameplay, and I wanna avoid overhyping anything this time so I'll say again straight out, I have not made any characters
A gameplay change sounds good to me as I've realized through the lack of hype I've had for smash4 that new characters alone aren't quite cutting it because the game mechanics are too old and need something new to rejuvenate the game. Sakurai claims he wants to provide new experiences with each smash game but I think he's failed in this regard with smash4. It'll be good to see gameplay changes in PM and as long as everyone thinks of it as its own game instead of just Melee 2.0 there's nothing stopping it from becoming a truly unique smash game.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
A gameplay change sounds good to me as I've realized through the lack of hype I've had for smash4 that new characters alone aren't quite cutting it because the game mechanics are too old and need new something to rejuvenate the game. Sakurai claims he wants to provide new experiences with each smash game but I think he's failed in this regard with smash4. It'll be good to see gameplay changes in PM and as long as everyone thinks of it as its own game instead of just Melee 2.0 there's nothing stopping it from becoming a truly unique smash game.
how do you know if you havent played smash 4? (uuh i did in a gamestop) even if you did you couldnt have played enough to actually be able to judge it that way. and about PM it is different to melee is not a "2.0" melee

edit: i heard that Captain Falcon will be getting his Fsmash again as a matter of buffing :3!!

Last edited:

Killimano23

Smash Cadet

Prat falling re-added. The hype is real

proxibomb

Smash Clown
You know what they should do? Add Pichu. Think it's a bad idea? Well, it's not. Since they have 5 character slots left, a ton of costumes ready, they could easily make Pichu possible. Simply use Pikachu's moves as a base, edit them from there, make new ones so that Pichu is a unique character. Besides, if Pichu is added to Project M's roster, this would mean it will have every character in Smash History (up to Brawl). I hope they will add Pichu before or on 4.0.

They could easily edit the whole percentage problem and how it hurts itself. Who knows, if this happens, Pichu could be high tier? :pichumelee:

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Wasn't the main point of the original Project M Pikachu to do what they did for Mario/Dr.Mario? I thought they gave Pikachu everything that Pichu had that was strong? Wouldn't making a nerfed pikachu into a pichu just make pikachu just ridiculously superior?

Idk, I'm still on the Powerhouse Pika (Raichu) or my Plusle & Minun (Desync'd pichus) if anything, but really i'm more than fine with the amount of pokemon existing already.

I want the best for this game. New or old. I'm just impatient (i mean stoked) for the next release.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Things Pichu was better at than Pikachu in Melee

1. Wall Jumping
2. Less Landing Lag
3. Smaller hurtbox

Pichu is basically worse in every other way. I'm sure I'm missing something, but it doesn't really matter, as Pichu doesn't really bring anything new or interesting (besides hurting itself).

It's not going to happen.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You know what they should do? Add Pichu. Think it's a bad idea? Well, it's not. Since they have 5 character slots left, a ton of costumes ready, they could easily make Pichu possible. Simply use Pikachu's moves as a base, edit them from there, make new ones so that Pichu is a unique character. Besides, if Pichu is added to Project M's roster, this would mean it will have every character in Smash History (up to Brawl). I hope they will add Pichu before or on 4.0.

They could easily edit the whole percentage problem and how it hurts itself. Who knows, if this happens, Pichu could be high tier? :pichumelee:
Horrible idea.
Such a **** character, and there would be no point. Just use pikachu or play melee where you know that character is as ass as the player picking them. The PMBR is not wasting their time with this joke. If they could add pichu in, he should be some sorta mod that that replaces the sandbag. Now you can be happy!

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Going off the shadows behind the PM logo. I see hector slul
Yeah, um some "friend of PMBR" has been spamming a "leak" that includes the Skull kid reveal being after a turbo video or something. No one believes him because he said a buffed-out Pichu will be included but he says some of it is actually true, namely the skull kid reveal. If you're intentionally just spreading disinfo(like before) then kindly **** off. It's bad enough being teased but spreading false rumors is past the point of being a D-bag.
Going off the shadows behind the PM logo skull kid seems true. From the looks of it I see skull lid hector and Isaac. Been my 3 guesses for some time. This friend might be real.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Going off the shadows behind the PM logo. I see hector slul

Going off the shadows behind the PM logo skull kid seems true. From the looks of it I see skull lid hector and Isaac. Been my 3 guesses for some time. This friend might be real.
The banner shows Lucario, ivysaur, Roy(Ike? I always forget), Captain Falcon, Mewtwo and Sheik.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Horrible idea.
Such a **** character, and there would be no point. Just use pikachu or play melee where you know that character is as *** as the player picking them. The PMBR is not wasting their time with this joke. If they could add pichu in, he should be some sorta mod that that replaces the sandbag. Now you can be happy!
Woah there, didn't I say they could make Pichu a unique character? This means they could completely remake him. If they added Pichu, it would only give Project M more variety. You don't have to get so hostile about an idea.

Last edited:

Guel

Smash Journeyman
The banner shows Lucario, ivysaur, Roy(Ike? I always forget), Captain Falcon, Mewtwo and Sheik.
The one on the main site seems different than their twitter versio. I dunno maybe its all in my head O__O

Last edited:

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Things Pichu was better at than Pikachu in Melee

1. Wall Jumping
2. Less Landing Lag
3. Smaller hurtbox

Pichu is basically worse in every other way. I'm sure I'm missing something, but it doesn't really matter, as Pichu doesn't really bring anything new or interesting (besides hurting itself).

It's not going to happen.
Pichu also had a killer side-b, way stronger than Pikachu's but had to charge for a whole second I believe, as for distance it was almost 3/4s of FD.

Aside some minimal traits, with the current moveset Pikachu currently has it would be hard to add Pichu for what was left out of Pikachu...

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Pichu has good smashes, unfortunately they're on the short side. He's good at uair juggles and his thunderjolt is particularly strong, though Pikachu's might be the same, I don't know. He's one of the fastest characters in the game, which is quite something, and speaks for just how terrible his range, approach and survivability problems are. I would love a reworked Pichu, but not to the extent where his moveset receives significant changes.

Seriously the self-harm is the least of his problems.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather just have a Raichu that's a bigger, slower Pikachu with a tail that has insane range due to how long Raichu's tail is. It's Thunder should spread around it more and thunderjolt should be large enough to time sliding under the arc with smaller characters. Pichu was too d*** small and there needs to be better character size standards than what melee had. Too bad so many melee fanboys here think melee can do no wrong.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
why not just add all the good things about pichu to pikachu?
Pikachu with Pichu's fsmash and dsmash would be scary. Not to mention the speed and low SH.
I'd rather just have a Raichu that's a bigger, slower Pikachu with a tail that has insane range due to how long Raichu's tail is. It's Thunder should spread around it more and thunderjolt should be large enough to time sliding under the arc with smaller characters. Pichu was too d*** small and there needs to be better character size standards than what melee had. Too bad so many melee fanboys here think melee can do no wrong.
Just play Mewtwo or something.
"better character size standards"? What does that even mean? Practically none of the smash characters are proportional to their canon size. Pikachu would be Pichu's size if that were the case.

MLGF

Smash Lord
So guys, let's make bets.
Will 3.5 actually have a new character or will it be a balance patch with some fancy new theads?

That is the news we all wait for.

1 character or bust, callin' it.
And 2.0 Ike as a Giga Bowser like character.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if it were officially 4.0, i'd put a bet on a new character.

as it's only 3.5, betting against it.

2 pmbucks (worth about 10^1000000000000 mechwarrior likes) on no new character.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu with Pichu's fsmash and dsmash would be scary. Not to mention the speed and low SH.

Just play Mewtwo or something.
"better character size standards"? What does that even mean? Practically none of the smash characters are proportional to their canon size. Pikachu would be Pichu's size if that were the case.
I don't mean canon sizes, I just mean a size standard of having everyone be at least a certain size that's bigger than Pichu is in melee.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Wow, you guys have managed to jam Pichu in this thread as well.

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this since there's actual updates going on anyways. Go discuss it in the relevant topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom