• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any news for Project M 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress

Smash Master
That thread is called "Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions" and it's on the Smash 4 board. But, it's mostly a "Melee elitists suck, and they should let their game die, and they're dumb for wanting a followup to their game, but it's okay for me to spout about wanting my own and how it's the only true game". And then you get infracted for pointing that out. And then the other guys don't get infracted for being Brawl elitists.

And then I go talk to the SF community about how I like their community not being like this.

Last edited:

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Light Shielding and Frame Perfect WDing would be fantastic. PMBR team, if you could somehow, work the magic to make that happen, then honestly there's nothing more I could ask for!

superjesusjuice

Smash Cadet
That thread is called "Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions" and it's on the Smash 4 board. But, it's mostly a "Melee elitists suck, and they should let their game die, and they're dumb for wanting a followup to their game, but it's okay for me to spout about wanting my own and how it's the only true game". And then you get infracted for pointing that out. And then the other guys don't get infracted for being Brawl elitists.

And then I go talk to the SF community about how I like their community not being like this.
Exactly. all they say is how their hype for character additions and future game features, which i think is awesome, because discussion of the next game is all we should and can do, best in a positive way. #USFIV

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's more of a comfort thing.
I see no reason to be skeptical of a PM update.
I see plenty of reasons to be skeptical for Sm4sh.

Fortress

Smash Master
Exactly. all they say is how their hype for character additions and future game features, which i think is awesome, because discussion of the next game is all we should and can do, best in a positive way. #USFIV
LEARNING ME SOME ULTRA, TOO. YEAYEAYEA. Though, I have a thread going that's ALL positive talk about SSB4, and excitement, and theory, and fun stuff:

Click me, fools.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
PM 4.0 will have playable Mewtwo.

Get hype.
You're all gonna love what I've been making
PMBR confirmed Mewtwo for PM 4.0, guys! Zomg! I hope Fox is playable in the next build too, but I'm afraid that putting the same characters in two consecutive releases of a game might be a bad idea.

On a non Kappa note. What determines which decimal place or whole number any specific release date is labeled (beyond being chronological)?

Hopefully a 4.0 build is the true final product, though. SM4SH vs SM4.0SH vs SM64SH sounds hype.

steelguttey

mei is bei
what would happen if pm releases a character that isnt in smash 4 on release, and then nintendo comes out with dlc (is that even possible) and the character gets onto smash 4? will pmbr just have to remove it?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
On a non Kappa note. What determines which decimal place or whole number any specific release date is labeled (beyond being chronological)?

Hopefully a 4.0 build is the true final product, though. SM4SH vs SM4.0SH vs SM64SH sounds hype.
I imagine it's on a X.YZ system wherein an increase in X denotes a very big release, Y denotes a smaller incremental update, and Z is for bug fixes and miscellaneous stuff.

Fortress

Smash Master
Be careful with what you say, Nintendo might try to put the Smash 4 ledge mechanic in PM or tripping back or something absurd.
Tripping's not even in Smash 4, and I'm totally fine with the ledge-stealing mechanic. It's a new mechanic with new strategy and setups revolving around it. Check out my Smash 4 Doubles Theory thread sometime. I'm a huge fan of the new ledge mechanic lol.

Rongunshu

Smash Apprentice
Tripping's not even in Smash 4, and I'm totally fine with the ledge-stealing mechanic. It's a new mechanic with new strategy and setups revolving around it. Check out my Smash 4 Doubles Theory thread sometime. I'm a huge fan of the new ledge mechanic lol.
Oh I just meant "Tripping back" Because tripping was in Brawl and PM is a mod of brawl as you know :p

Last edited:

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
Bring the characters, thats fine... I just hope they dont bring anything else from Smash 4. Its Project M not Project 4. We dont need smash 4 character movesets and items, etc.
characters might be nice

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of all the legit things that have ever existed, that is the most legit

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Leaked Project M 4.0 character select. Does anyone know if this is legit?
That adds 6 characters, which is above the 5 remaining slots (unless they got phantomwings' clone engine working for PM), so it seems unlikely. That said, aside from Waluigi, those characters would be awesome imo. I guess waluigi would be fine but I'm not a fan personally.

Edit: Also, I feel like they would put skull kid by the Zelda characters and Lyn by the FE characters... though I guess this css could just not be final. Also this is blatantly the characters from the leak a month or two ago + waluigi. Said leak could be true, but regardless this could just be using that leak to make this leak look more convincing.

That's the problem with leaks... so many leaks are false, that even if you see a real one, you won't know until it's released anyways.

Last edited:

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Leaked Project M 4.0 character select. Does anyone know if this is legit?
Look closely at the text and how blurry the character pictures are. On top of that, notice there's no glow around the "new" characters. This is clearly a fake.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I'm really looking forward to the next update. I just hope no one gets nerfed. I love the cast the way it is. Every character is perfect. It is so balanced, not perfectly balanced, but it doesn't need perfect balance. That would mess up the uniqueness of the cast. No nerfs! PM forever! Actually while I'm here I might as well ask: When is the next update?

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm really looking forward to the next update. I just hope no one gets nerfed. I love the cast the way it is. Every character is perfect. It is so balanced, not perfectly balanced, but it doesn't need perfect balance. That would mess up the uniqueness of the cast. No nerfs! PM forever! Actually while I'm here I might as well ask: When is the next update?
I could see Mew2 getting a slight nerf just cause of the extremely safe possibilities off the ledge shown by Emukillers performance recently.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Characters like M2 Pit def needs nerfs. Mario fireball damage should be toned down as well.

D

Deleted member

10 more days till CEO...the agony...can't wait much longer....*passes out*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom