• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Guelph (Area Code: 519) Smashers?

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
*WARNING WARNING DOUBLE POST*

in the words of overdaws...... "BUUUUUUMP"

Cmon guelph where is the activity/heart/determination/.......SMASH

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
Since I can reach the width of my room, it would not be an ideal place to host any kind of event XD

There are TV lounges around the university that could be suitable, though.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Hello from Pownz Gaming Centre!

We are located in Hamilton and our next big brawl tournament is on January 24/09. We have a developing brawl community here and even offer car pool deals for members coming in from out of town. Check out our SSBB tourney thread or come to www.pownz.com

Cya soon

Pownz Gaming Centre
307 King St East
Hamilton, Ontario
289-396-4290

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
Tourny in which game? Would there be an entrance fee? I'm not familiar with any of the tournament standards these days, unfortunately I only became competitive at Melee a couple months before Brawl came out when (local) competitive Smash entered quite a lull >.<

I know of one other person who may be interested in participating, maybe a couple more.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
yea not down for SSBB unless its a hybrid tho.

On that note if i got 4/5 people to come to guelph would you crew MM Waterloo/Guelph 5$ a person in melee??

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
Ugh! Sorry for the delay, I had the page bookmarked and didn't notice that a new page had occurred. That's what I get for too much practise with local people and not enough forum use. I don't have a crew, although I would be up for a low stakes money match. $5 to potentially get owned is $5 well spent! I'll mention this offer to the other person who I've mentioned a few times, and repost (hopefully) later today.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I generally have a group of people I play SSBB with, so if anyone wants to have a smash session, give me a shout. Wouldn't mind expanding our own smash community. In terms of SSBM, I'm pretty bad at it, BUT, I'm thinking about getting back into it, so we'll see about that.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
I'm with Pho, other than the university smashers, there is me, Pho, SRTM, and about three or four others.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Okay well if you guys ever get together just give me a call. I'd drive up if im free...... i think i posted my number somwhere in this thread or the other overdaws created thread

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
VGSteve, which university are you a part of? I'm no where near competitive at Brawl though, just as a disclaimer.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
cmon mr moo..... if you know how to play 64 casually you can play brawl competitvely, and if you find yourself losing just go metaknight lol.

I needs to play guelphs best at melee...................

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
Ahaha, I hate playing as Metaknight though...I've always liked characters where I feel like I'm actually making contact with the opponent...not poking them several million times. And everyone sees through dodge-->dsmash eventually XD

So it sounds like we really need to set a date. Any suggestions?

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
lol ryan comes outta nowhere like a bear in the night lol. I've been calling out guelph hoping JOHN would answer the call... or ne one for that matter lolz.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
LMAO JOHN LOL, did you guys actually know that it's common for people ACTUALLY named JOHN to go by JACK as a nickname? But no johns man, my birth certificate says I'm a legit Jack :)

I didn't finish reading this whole thread but I finished msging you sylar lol

And wow, ya, I've spent years finding people in Guelph and no one's really beaten me consistently.

I just play Nha77ers and his cousin a lot; we need more people, I was thinking Sylar, he's close =D

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
GUELPH.......................GUELPH................................... are you down for a small local tourney. Trying to infuse the powers of kwc and guelph together for a melee tourney could you get 4-5 ppl to waterloo area or would we have to bring 4+ to guelph???

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
For the record, I've found another potential person...I've yet to play her though, so I don't know if she's just one of those people that doesn't know the difference between WDing and SDing XD

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
Where and when for the KWC tourney? Is there a thread for it (if so, the search function's being annoying...)

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Hey 519ers, We hope to see you at tomorrows big $mash Tourney. Any questions or details, give us a call. 289-396-4290

See you all tomorrow.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
so far, we are working on trying to get a venue for our next KWC (and now G) tournament. I think this one will end up being Melee and Brawl to hopefully encourage more people to come out. Depending on the wanted audience, it might be large scale or just a local tournament. BUT THERE IS ALWAYS A PLACE FOR SOME RAYNEX, RYAN, AND KIRBYKAZE ****! lol

btw, I'm Flan. I posted on the second page lol. And I like smash in general.

Peter, we should challenge them to a Melee and Brawl crews MM. I think we can take everyone is Melee (except for the most amazing one of all).

Also, here is the link for our forum : http://kwsmashers.17.forumer.com

mistermoo564

Smash Rookie
I'm looking forward to it then! I'm not sure how strong we'd be in a crew battle, but I know we have a few talented people, I'll just have to get on their backs about practising more XD

Also, when would the tourny be? The end of the academic year's approaching, and I know for certain that pretty much all of the Smashers here are going to scatter to their respective houses at that time.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
It will hopefully be before that happens. I'd give it probably 2 - 3 weeks but who knows. We have a venue in mind and a way of obtaining it so it just comes down to if we can get it free or not. Hopefully yes :)

Iliad

Smash Lord
So anyways. Pho is the undisputed best player in Guelph imho. Then comes SRTM. I don't even need to see Overdaws or that other random play to know that.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking Melee or Brawl? Because SummonedFist (Jack) is by far the best at Melee. He made top 7 at Prepare Youself! almost upsetting Idea in a Fox vs Jiggs.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
So anyways. Pho is the undisputed best player in Guelph imho. Then comes SRTM. I don't even need to see Overdaws or that other random play to know that.
You're too kind Iliad.

Dannibis

Smash Rookie
wow how have i never seen this?
and no love from iliad guess i'm not good enough lol

Flan

Smash Journeyman
It will be Melee + Brawl for sure for some different reasons. One being that we have never hosted a Brawl tournament because we never got that competitive in Brawl. Also, Brawl being there means that everyone is happy and no one has to agrue over which game is better.

Top Bottom