• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any girls going t o play brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Speaking of hormones, Thegreatdekutrees hormones seem to be giving him moodswings.
TheGreatDekuTree just got owned... Lol! What he said didn't even cross my mind, I really thought it was just because there are so few female smashers out there! :laugh:

Hong

The Strongest
It's because of discussions like these and the fact people need to make a spectacle of female smashers that me and my gal pals just kind of lay low. That and the way Nintendo is marketing this game makes it seem like it's made for males ages 13 to 19 when in actuality it's played by people of all genders and ages. I know a lot of people of this gender who pose themselves to be male when playing any video game online as to avoid special treatment.

Needs to be less "Whoa! A female smasher!" and more "Oh, another smasher.". At least that's how I feel. As for character choice, yeah I'm really upset at the lack of female characters in the roster, but I don't think that has anything to do with the character choices I make. Out of the three female smashers I played with most in melee, we used;

Ice Climbers, Mewtwo and Marth
Marth and Sheik
Zelda, Pichu and Yoshi

I used Cream Falcon, Samus and Roy.

As you can see, it's kind of irrelevant. :p
...This almost comes off as sounding really creepy.
It is creepy. :(

fallore

Smash Rookie
i honestly dont think thats the reason this thread was made, the poster didnt seem to have any goal in sight with this, he just wanted to talk about girls.
half the time these threads with "girls" in the topic end up being hormone fests, forget it, no one will agree because half of you enjoy these topics, and that my buddy, is nasty...borderline perverted.
to those who actually respect women, and dont think they need a topic so we can post pictures of half naked ones i appreciate you.

it could have easily been about people who never play brawl, and how many of them will start playing smash with this game. as opposed to **** and beer
I love how you're lumping a huge majority of guys into the category of "sexist" and talking about "**** and beer" when it's pretty much the exact same thing you're upset about. And what exactly is nasty, or as you say, "borderline perverted?"

And your point about hormones is stupid. Why are you giving us crap about hormones when it's something no one can prevent? Should I just will my hormone level to decrease? Why don't you pick something that's an actual valid point next time.

It's because of discussions like these and the fact people need to make a spectacle of female smashers that me and my gal pals just kind of lay low. That and the way Nintendo is marketing this game makes it seem like it's made for males ages 13 to 19 when in actuality it's played by people of all genders and ages. I know a lot of people of this gender who pose themselves to be male when playing any video game online as to avoid special treatment.

Needs to be less "Whoa! A female smasher!" and more "Oh, another smasher.". At least that's how I feel.
Are you kidding? People are surprised when it's a female smasher because there are so few of them. You are a rare occurrence and are therefore treated like one, and I doubt this will change until the ratio is almost even.

Hong

The Strongest
Are you kidding? People are surprised when it's a female smasher because there are so few of them. You are a rare occurrence and are therefore treated like one, and I doubt this will change until the ratio is almost even.
I'm not kidding. Just not agreeing with the reaction. I know what the reaction is, and why it's like that, just saying people should be smoother with it. I am merely saying there are more than it may seem, just that they probably feel intimidated, too. :p Definately not saying we're any where near equal in numbers, but more than people may think. If there was less of a reaction, it wouldn't be as intimidating. Well, at least for me.

chocoboy

Smash Rookie
my friend from school loves video games, she was actually going to go to the tournament at gamestop but her parents wouldn't let her.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Just a point of consideration...
...just because female gamers don't choose to be involved in the Smash culture/online social scene (which may be due to many factors that are unappealing to female gamers)...
...doesn't mean females don't play Smash Bros.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
this thread is ********, sexist, and unnecessary...
any girls going to play brawl? why do you think no girls will?
why do i constantly see threads with "girls" in the title, why does a gender have to play into this...
it isnt even relevant, i hope some of the more mature smashers will understand why i am angry at this.
80% of them are made by sexist dudes anyway who want to talk to girls online.
well what about other humans? since we said girls, are any hispanics going to play brawl?
any african americans going to play brawl? any asians going to play brawl?
any white people playing brawl? any eskimos going to play brawl?
do you realize now how this thread is?
i can see alot of guys disagreeing with me because they want to talk to girls over smashboards, but if i was female i would be extremely offended that you were surveying future brawl players, with the question "r u a chickz??"

you fail ultimately, i cant believe you hormone filled doods are breathing positive life into this thread

are you gay?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Lol interesting thread but i think the question is wringly formulated.
I have seen girls play smash, heck even some of my girlfriends have played smash when we reunite to hagn out or something.

The question is, if there will be girls with enough dedication and talent to be able to compete and kick serious azz.

I started playing smash with my little sister years ago, and because of that she evolved with my help to the point that she plays above average for being a girl, im talking about Shfl, wavedash, Bomb jumps and thats sort of things (she mains link).

In one national tournie, she registered together with me, just to cheer me up, and in the end she was even interviewed On TV because she kicked some serious azz in the first Pool rounds. Sadly she didnt made it because her group was one of the hardest, but she even fought against other girl and won.

Yeah she lost against the real pros, but sincerely... to be beaten by a girl in front of a whole bunch of smashers is a real REAL shame,,,, and is worst when she is using adv tech in your face lol.
I don't give female gamers special treatment. My ownage doesn't discriminate on the basis of gender.
Lol, that reminds me in one occation i had to fight on team battle against one guy and his sister, which was a nicely looking girl btw....but well like you said, it was they or us :D

Darkslash

Smash Master
One of my Friend girls has a Wii and has dunno Metroid Prime 3 or a Medal Of honor Game :O

She pwns in them..

Hmm maybe I can persuade her to get Brawl :laugh:

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
I was in my Spanish class and this girl was talking about it, turns out her brother pre-ordered it and she's already thinking of playing it. Sure she doesn't know who any of the new characters are or anything. But it's still a girl smasher.

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
im a boy...but my sister wants to play it...(only because of Peach and that Brawl has stage Builder)and she is 9 years old.
oh yea,i persuaded her to play it by showing her pictures of Peach and saying that she can make house stages to play in.(I was desperate)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm not kidding. Just not agreeing with the reaction. I know what the reaction is, and why it's like that, just saying people should be smoother with it. I am merely saying there are more than it may seem, just that they probably feel intimidated, too. :p Definately not saying we're any where near equal in numbers, but more than people may think. If there was less of a reaction, it wouldn't be as intimidating. Well, at least for me.
There are some douchebags in this thread that seem to be pretty sexist... whatever. They're young or just douchebags. Maybe they're just ignorant or bitter. Either way, whatever.

I'm just you average, quiet, normal person, more or less. If anything, meeting a girl who enjoys video games would be something to be excited about. Most girls I've dated liked video games, they just didn't suggest them at parties and whatnot. No... it's usually the girls I'm just friends with who LOVE video games :p

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This can vary drastically. Sure, there are girls who like video games as much as guys (some even more). But at this point, I can't make a safe assumption. I know a couple of my female friends that like video games, but there are a lot that I just don't know about. Although, this could contribute to my public school not mentioning the game once! :ohwell:
I'm thinking with the advertisement and the girls who haven't tried it are given the opportunity by a friend, it may increase (since smash has become more of a party game). IDK.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i wasn't trying to offend anybody when i made this thread or i wasn't trying to be sexest. i was just wondering if there were going to be more girls playing brawl than they did melee and if people new any...i didn't want to know them personally..i just thought it would be good if there was a girl player winning so in so tournaments....stuff like that..again i know alot of girl smkashers i just wanted to know how many would play brawl..that is it, so sorry if i offended anybody

PB&J

Smash Hero
any girl counts...u know whats funny is when i started playing melee i use to lose to this girl all the time ..only if she kept playing...zoro ur gf is pretty good

iluvwobbuffet

Smash Cadet
Heck, around where I live, I wish more girls played more video games.
I feel like I'm the only chick around my area that plays video games.

I hope my fiance will come with me to hang out at Gamestop from 10 to midnight. He'll probably have to, cause judging by this thread, I'll be surrounded by a bunch of guys saying "OMGZ A GIRL SMASHER! <3333".

Lol. =^_^=

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
There'll probably never be as many girls as guys.

But, I'm one. I wanted it from the moment I heard "Brawl" announced.

I want more female gamer friends. In my area, too.

People didn't seem to make a big deal of my being female whenever I played Melee in public. I guess guys on the internet are even further estranged from the opposite gender.
Prove me wrong!

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _
There'll probably never be as many girls as guys.

But, I'm one. I wanted it from the moment I heard "Brawl" announced.

I want more female gamer friends. In my area, too.

People didn't seem to make a big deal of my being female whenever I played Melee in public. I guess guys on the internet are even further estranged from the opposite gender.
Prove me wrong!
I think women are better than men. And I am male.

Synth

Smash Cadet
Hahaha. I got through the first two pages and gave up...

So am I the only one, then? Well, My girlfriend and I have been playing Melee since day one of our relationship (going on two years now). I've been playing since it came out and when we started dating she had kinda played it prior, but I was the one who really got her into it because fighting games are her favorite genre of video games.

Anyway. Tomorrow I'm going to compete in one of the tournaments at a gamestop store that is holding theirs at 2:00pm eastern and once my girlfriend gets off work, she will be competing at another gamestop who is holding their tournament at 9:00pm eastern. We are hoping to sweep two tournaments. Haha. ^_^

Finigin

Smash Cadet
I've played Smash since the N64 and I'm a girl. <___< I usually play with my brother, but lately I've been playing by myself because I'm not living with my brother right now. I haven't been this excited for a game in a loooong time.

iluvwobbuffet said:
I hope my fiance will come with me to hang out at Gamestop from 10 to midnight. He'll probably have to, cause judging by this thread, I'll be surrounded by a bunch of guys saying "OMGZ A GIRL SMASHER! <3333".
This is why I'm always reluctant to say I'm a gamer in offline. In my experience, when guys find out I'm a gamer they decide it's okay to stalk me, hit on me, and several other things. All because I'm a girl and play video games. I know not all guys are like that, but a lot of the guys that I've met are like that.

I really don't understand what the big deal is. ^-^; It isn't a big deal and it feels awful when you're treated like the last female on the planet. I can't speak for every girl, obviously, but I think being treated special is uncalled for.

Anyways, besides me, I have met several girls who play Smash Bros. Though, I don't know how often they played. <_<

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I'm a girl and play Smash too. I may not have got my hands on SSB 64 (I've only played it shortly at my friend's house), but I was in love with Melee. I want to go to tournaments, but you know, living in an area that doesn't even know the meaning of "tournament", it's hard to just drive 200 km to an area that does -_- I don't have time and money for that.
Besides, I've yet to learn all the ATs, although I'm sure I could beat someone without the use of it, at least, it's possible.

And that's it for today ;P

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually, now that I think about it....well, let me explain. I play smash with 5 certain friends a lot. Sometimes two to even like 6 other people join us, but it's usally the 6 of us playing Melee. Anyways, 4 of them are siblings like 10 months apart each. Ya, it's kinda wierd how close in age they are as sibblings. And they oddly get along fairly well. Pfft, sibblings getting along. WTF is with that people? Seriously, I thought that was outlawed by God, or something! :laugh:

Anyways, two of these four sibblings are female. They play smash with us, but I'm really the only competitve mind set player out of the group of six (though we all pretty much avoid most tournament banned stages [except that God forsaken Temple where I summon my control slapping out of your hand mindgames], never play time, and rarely use items). If that counts for anything. And you'd never know it, either! You don't suspect they are gamers, even the light gamers they are, if you catch my drift. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom