• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another member of Foxhound cuts right to the point.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Wait a minute...

MGS SPOILERS!!!

Gray Fox is dead. If he makes it as an AT, then death means nothing to Sakurai. This opens the door a bit more for Claus and Ridley then. Apparently, anything can happen in this world...
These aren't the real characters. They are trophies... Assist Trophies.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Third party ATs confirmed! I hope we can fight this guy on Subspace E.

I'd like to see Night Fright (that invisible guy from Metal Gear 2) as an AT.

Sprint

Smash Cadet
Seriously, guys, don't be such a *******. Even I understood what he was saying. He didn't need to clarify that he meant that these characters were not playable. If you can't grasp this concept, then you fail.
;)

How come almost all the assist trophies are just a clone of another? Their all just fast peaople with swords.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I wonder just how many assist trophies/pokeymans we will get in this game. The number could very well be staggering.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what the next 3rd party assist trophy could be. One possible character could be...

E-123 Omega

Omega is Eggman's strongest E-series robot, and he proves that statement with his weapon arsenal. Omega will annihilate your enemies with rockets, bombs, and bullets, so it's best if you don't get caught in the crossfire.

Silver the Hedgehog would be a good idea as well. He could hold opponents in the air using his psychic powers while you attack them:nerd:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
This reminds me of Metal Gear AWESOME, this weird little Flash cartoon that's basically a parody of Metal Gear Solid, where Gray Fox cuts off Big Boss's arm and goes "Cool, maybe this will come in handy for a stupid plot device in the sequel." :p

Anyway, neat update.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hopefully, this means Metal Gear-themed items, Sonic assist trophies, and possibly Metal Gear Solid and Sonic bosses in Subspace.

MetaNiGHTs

Smash Cadet
This is an awesome update not just because of grey fox but because it launches more speculation about ATs. I liked this it breathed life into an otherwise dull and dry week.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
you guys should be happy for the updates don't be stupied
there are alot of people working so hard for this game
you should be greatfull and thank them:mad:
i mean HELLOOOOOO double updates in two days;)

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Well at least this confirms Tails being somewhat in the game in some form or another.

And.... for some reason this update made me think that we haven't gotten a Sonic level yet.... hmmm.....

(Looks back at Snake's level, and then realizes that Sonic would logically get one too.)

Well i knew Gray Fox would appear in the game, and yet this update is still a surprise. I can't wait till tomorrow.

And I really want Sakurai to tell us if he's starting to show hidden characters.... cause I don't want to know that yet.

GenG

Smash Lord
There are different things in the Japanese update, I found this in Gamefaqs.

So, the English version is quite different this time.

* He's called Cyborg Ninja instead of Gray Fox.
* The last three picture captions are quotes from Cyborg Ninja instead of commentary.
* The text states that Cyborg Ninja speaks some when he comes out, and his speech changes if Snake is on the field (there's nothing in place of this part in the English).
* The last part is different, and states that the assist figures can "properly chat" with the characters (and just some fluff about Cyborg Ninja).
Gray Fox' quotes under each picture are something like this:

· "Make me feel alive again!"
· "That weapon can't beat me"
· "How nostalgic, Snake"

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Darn it, I know I can speak for every single person here that everybody wanted to actually "play" as Gray Fox, not have him as an assist trophy. And there was no need for Sakurai to tease us about him not being playable. Che.....he has his days of being really cool and then there are days like these where he's being a total douche.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
darn! this sucks I was dreaming of using him a a match against Snake, oh well at least he's an Assist

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I wasn't expect the Grey Fox update at all and yet worst of all I thought he was a new character!

I was like "On my fricken god! Screw Sheik I'm switching to Grey Fox! ...Aww he's a trophy, lame."

burrito

Smash Lord
Yeah, this update was pretty cool. It's nice to see some more 3rd party stuff. I wonder when we are going to get some more Sonic stuff...

There are different things in the Japanese update, I found this in Gamefaqs.

Gray Fox' quotes under each picture are something like this:

· "Make me feel alive again!"
· "That weapon can't beat me"
· "How nostalgic, Snake"
Oh, I hope they still have that in the English version. Looks like they won't though, that's kind of sad.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
And I really want Sakurai to tell us if he's starting to show hidden characters.... cause I don't want to know that yet.

Well, then you should stop checking the Dojo, because at least some of them are going to be hidden.

According to: http://wii.qj.net/tags/masahiro sakurai/254

Sakurai responded with the following when asked about secret characters,

"Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "

So it looks like he's going to reveal all of them. :urg:

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
May i ask..

How the hell does this confirm Tails?

This is a post expected to be in "BACKROUND WHITE! DR MARIO RETURN!!111!"
I'm glad you asked.

Okay; i know i shouldn't have said "confirms" but judging by the evidence I would think it hard to argue that he won't be in the game "in one form or the other."

If Snake universe has an assist trophy and level in Brawl,

then the Sonic universe should have an assist trophy and level in Brawl.

(i.e. Tails appearing as an assist trophy or appearing in the Sonic level)

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a huge Metal Gear fan, not that I dislike it, I just never have given the series a shot. That being said the only character I'm really aware of is Solid Snake. But today's update is important (at least to me), because it is showing that Nintendo is letting Snake and Sonic be more involved rather than just getting a stage and calling it good. This means that we can hope to see a few third party assist trophies, possibly Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow, and hopefully bosses in SE, such as Dr. Robotnik (or I guess as people now-a-days call him, Dr. Eggman) in one of his machines.

Top Bottom