• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Protocol.Tin

Smash Cadet
Two quick questions:

1. Can I do it hackless on the Wii?
2. Can I add/replace stuff from my PMEX build onto it?

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
1. Can I do it hackless on the Wii?
A lite build will be made for that.

2. Can I add/replace stuff from my PMEX build onto it?
Yyyyyyyes. It is a PMEX build so you should be able to add them in the same way as usual.
But it'll be a lot more trickier due to the CSS layout. Hoping someone'll make a rectangle, normal CSS.

Last edited:

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
Ummm... I downloaded it and when I press play on the PM menu it sends me back to the wii menu, any help? ( I have a usb loader gx and both wii and ssbb ntsc) (also I have a 8gb micro sd with its adapter)

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Ummm... I downloaded it and when I press play on the PM menu it sends me back to the wii menu, any help? ( I have a usb loader gx and both wii and ssbb ntsc) (also I have a 8gb micro sd with its adapter)
you use the legacy launcher

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Have you played Project M with that setup? did it work?
if yes to both, it's possible you forgot to move a file (like gameconfig.txt) or you're using the wrong hooktype (ypu need to use AxNextFrame)

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
you use the legacy launcher
Yeah, I use that launcher and opens the Pj. M one. Then I press play and it sends me back to the wii menu.

Have you played Project M with that setup? did it work?
if yes to both, it's possible you forgot to move a file (like gameconfig.txt) or you're using the wrong hooktype (you need to use AxNextFrame)
No, I tried to play Pj. M but I failed. At that moment I had a PAL SSBB ISO and now I got a NTSC one but nope.
Here's a pic of my sd card (which it's a "Micro SDHC 8gb", with FAT32 and all of that): http://imgur.com/a/QufhN
And I've set the Ocarina ON and the hooktype is that one.

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I use that launcher and opens the Pj. M one. Then I press play and it sends me back to the wii menu.

No, I tried to play Pj. M but I failed. At that moment I had a PAL SSBB ISO and now I got a NTSC one but nope.
Here's a pic of my sd card (which it's a "Micro SDHC 8gb", with FAT32 and all of that): http://imgur.com/a/QufhN
And I've set the Ocarina ON and the hooktype is that one.
project m / legacy xp launcher only works with a pal / ntsc brawl disk

Legendboy

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to install it all day using the hackless method, but the letterbomb doesn't appear in my mail. Any help? Not sure if this is the right place for this but I'm more or less desperate. I have the file downloaded onto an 32gb NOS sd card along with the "private folder" for the letterbomb. Not sure what else I need.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Kind of a P.S.A. here.

So, I was having trouble with the hackless Letterbomb method earlier on, too, but I found a solution to my problem. If you've installed Legacy XP and the Letterbomb hack correctly, but it still isn't running, put your SD back in your computer. My SD was named Project M. Try renaming it to simply "SD". After renaming the SD card, my Wii picked it up on the first attempt afterwards.

If that doesn't work, make sure your SD if formatted to "FAT32".

Legendboy

Smash Rookie
Kind of a P.S.A. here.

So, I was having trouble with the hackless Letterbomb method earlier on, too, but I found a solution to my problem. If you've installed Legacy XP and the Letterbomb hack correctly, but it still isn't running, put your SD back in your computer. My SD was named Project M. Try renaming it to simply "SD". After renaming the SD card, my Wii picked it up on the first attempt afterwards.

If that doesn't work, make sure your SD if formatted to "FAT32".
Yea that didn't seem to work. Thanks though. Just to make sure I have it right, does the letterbomb file "private" file goes into the Legacy XP file or the :\D or does it matter?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Yea that didn't seem to work. Thanks though. Just to make sure I have it right, does the letterbomb file "private" file goes into the Legacy XP file or the :\D or does it matter?
Straight into the SD card, not in the Legacy XP file.

Also, welcome to SmashBoards.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So I've been doing some research around my Linux computer and the Legacy XP files, and I found that the applications(?) used to run it are Windows/Mac-only. They don't work with Linux.

Is there any chance a Linux version is in development or on the way? 'Cuz I REALLY want to play this mod (it has my main Pichu), but it doesn't look like it's made for Linux.

Last edited:

ArchduchessApricot

Smash Rookie
A lite build will be made for that.

Yyyyyyyes. It is a PMEX build so you should be able to add them in the same way as usual.
But it'll be a lot more trickier due to the CSS layout. Hoping someone'll make a rectangle, normal CSS.
Do you know where I could find the CSS layout file?

Kurayamiblack

Smash Rookie
I know its a bit early for suggestions and stuff since you just released it and are probably focused on accessibility and glitches but I have a suggestion or two.

General Stuff:
- The "Elephant in the Room" is the announcer voices for Roy and Mewtwo needing to be swapped
- Ridley seems to have a glitch where the game freezes if he's right above me (just about touching my head). Seems to only trigger if Ridley is a CPU.

Stages (additions):
- Out of all the Huge stages, it seems like a missed opportunity that the "Test" stage from Melee debug Menu isn't a stage yet. Maybe put it under the "Training" stage or "The Beginning"?
- "The Beginning" feels like it should have a version with the entire room in the background instead of a Peach's Castle static image (if you can find someone to port that)
- "The Beginning" is such a cool and fun stage concept. I think it would be great to expand on that kind of stage with stuff like the Trophy Table from Melee or some of the unused stages from Melee and Smash 4 like the Trophy Tussle stages, gallery locations, All-Star Waiting rooms and just abnormal, charming new locations like that.
- Mewtwo2000's Mute City :)

Thanks for reading. This mod is AMAZING. I can't express how much of a relief it is to be able to play Project M without all the pressure to get good. I couldn't have fun with old PM because everyone was either a high level player, or training/dreaming to be one. Even on youtube everything worth watching was in a tourney. This mod has given my friends and I ALOT more cool fun stuff to play with and really brings out the potential of PM as an all around kind of game. It's done wonders for removing the salt from the room too. Just pick a wacky stage and let the jank fly free XD

Keep up the epic work guys :)

Filipianosol

Smash Rookie
PlayStation controller users, who are confused which GameCube buttons correspond to which PS buttons (like me ;)) can now download my button pack.

Last edited:

Kirbydurby42

Smash Rookie
Is the memory leak issue planned to be resolved? Does the memory leak only happen on Dolphin?

EDIT: I think I mitigated the problem by updating my graphics card driver.

Last edited:

LordofSadFace

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4270-3394
Excuse me, but could someone make a list of which stage is which one? i tried using the Brawl Managers but they are incompatible with Legacy, and i cant find Suzaku Castle between the files

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Excuse me, but could someone make a list of which stage is which one? i tried using the Brawl Managers but they are incompatible with Legacy, and i cant find Suzaku Castle between the files
Look up the credits spreadsheet on the Vault link.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
here's that spreadsheet (theres a stages tab on the bottom) - thanks FalconRPG, i'm gonna print it out!

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
EDIT:
Long story short, because i accidentally deleted this post.
I want to use this CSS,
when i replace my CSS with this one, and make minimal edits to make sure my 3 clones are included.

Now, this is without the code, actually, if i use your CSS code. it'll crash, if i don't, it'll get to this point, and i can select characters, choose to brawl, the whole nine yards.

I wish to understand your CSS's Witch Craft. it removed the tiny name tags, not moved 100 yards to the left, it removed them. (I also know how you did it, i didn't even think about it, it's a form of genius.)

Not sure how the Border is loaded around the CSS, i'd just overlay it on the actual Icon itself, but i think this saves on bytes in some way.

I'd love to use this CSS on my personal build i have, but it's a pain to understand. and if i can get it to work without codes, i could help you guys out by re positioning the bones in a way that will allow you to have the CSS without the need of that code, (unless that code is somehow important, or i'm forgetting a parent file, i'd love assistance on this matter, this is a gorgeous CSS, and i'd love to use it.)

Below is a screenshot of the garbled mess i receive, when i don't use the code.
And if i use the code, as i said before. i get a nice delicious hard crash.

Also, how did you get this thing's file size so low? i noticed you made each character's CSS storage data be ExtendedLZ77, but when i do this, i only save on 120k/b not 1 whole megabyte. but hey, 120kb is delicious.

SUPER EDIT:
I'm a dingus, the bones are already lined up in a Hex Grid Pattern. (Now why am i getting this garbled mess!?)

Last edited:

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well, if you look at the TopN bone positions, on Frame 52. the CSS loadout is already done in a Hex like Pattern.
The problem, is things are laying out all wrong, and if you use the code (mind you the only CSS code that is in there.) it will crash, also the code is "disabled" by default in the TXT, but probably they enable it in the actual Exportation for all i know.

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
I'm really loving this build so far! I've been playing it all day!
Here are some issues/bugs I've noticed so far, they've been probably reported already, but I'm doing it anyway... I'm playing the homebrew version with USB Loader GX and a Classic Controller Pro on a PAL Wii U if that helps.

-The annoncer says "Mewtwo" when selecting Roy and "Roy" when selecting Mewtwo.
-The L-Loadable costumes aren't accessible. (is it due to me using a Classic Controller Pro?)
-The CSS sometimes lags.
-On the Stage Select Screen, the images are extremely blurry, making it difficult to exactly know which Alt Stage you are selecting.
-The Alt Stages that require the Z-button aren't accessible by non-GameCube controller users.
-Some alt stages aren't accessible. (is it due to me using a Classic Controller Pro?)
-The Newcomers (except Waluigi) don't have corresponding Kirby alts, and some of them are still a bit floaty compared to the "real" PM fighters.
-Jigglypuff's Headband is static. (though this is easily fixable)
-Previously announced Project Ganondorf isn't present. (probably added at a later date?)
-The game freezes after about 15 minutes of gameplay. (but this is a Beta Version, so I understand why it's not fairly stable yet)

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Last edited:

Tibolegends

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

How the heck are you making this build work ?

I tried to copy the files into a 8Go FAT32 SD card, and after launching (in homebrew channel) the legacy homebrew, selecting "play", i got a black screen for hours...

How have you made it working?

Thanks,

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys,

I tried to copy the files into a 8Go FAT32 SD card, and after launching (in homebrew channel) the legacy homebrew, selecting "play", i got a black screen for hours...

Thanks,
Maybe forgot a gameconfig.txt file or something. Non-quick format the SD card, then extract everything inside the .zip to the SD card.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
did you put the two .GCT files in a folder on your sd card called codes? if not then try that, and if the problem is still happening, than i have no idea what else could be causing it

Last edited:

Tibolegends

Smash Rookie
did you put the two .GCT files in a folder on your sd card called codes? if not then try that, and if the problem is still happening, than i have no idea what else could be causing it
Okay then, i'll try that. Surprising that a build is not SD arranged ... Hope it'll work, the build seems amazing :D

Thanks a lot,

PS : gameconfig mising? NOPE i've DL 3 times the build from the google drive of Lecacy XP's team, no way the file is missing :)

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Okay then, i'll try that. Surprising that a build is not SD arranged ... Hope it'll work, the build seems amazing :D

Thanks a lot,

PS : gameconfig mising? NOPE i've DL 3 times the build from the google drive of Lecacy XP's team, no way the file is missing :)
yea i was surprised that it didnt use the usual format

Diogo Rivers

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-8141-2154
i'm using the dolphin build and so far so good - unless we're talking about the framedrops out of nowhere. i got the graphics and general configurations to match the ones i have in my smashladder pm build, which works perfectly, but i still get those framedrops :'( (and i'm using the performance build for legacy) BUT IT'S GREAT, THANKS

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
Okay. A couple of thongs that I have encountered with this game.

1. Link has huge input lag. Link is slow and not only that, but he has major major input lag when he does anything.
2. Same with marth. His input lag is not as bad, but still noticeable.
3.Dr.Mario is slow and I get that, but his input lag when he throws out pills is beyond slow. It takes like 20 frames till he shoot a pill out and also hits.
4.How to get the legacy launcher on the wii console? Modded version?

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
So I was finally able to get the beta onto an sd card, but it shows up on the sd card along with CleanRip, is there a reason this shows up and what is it used for? also when I try to load up Legacy XP I'm always sent back to the Wii menu after hitting Play from the menu, not sure what's wrong? (Sorry if this has already been asked I was just wondering if anyone else had these happen and if I need to do something about them)

(EDIT: Nevermind, found out the problem, ignore the second part of this, although I'm still curious as to what CleanRIP is used for

WAAAAIIIIIT. HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO LAUNCH LEGACY XP THEN?!

Berserk Falcon

Smash Rookie
if legacy xp is not launching is maybe because your codes folder in the root of your sd doesnt have the RSBE01.gct and the RSBXP.gct in it also make sure u got the gameconfig.txt in the root if u dont go to the legacy xp folder and rename gc text to gameconfig then put it the root of ur SD then u should be set:falconmelee:

Top Bottom