• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Woli Oluwa

Smash Rookie
NNID
DanGanGalaxy
Can someone tell me how to turn Legacy XP into its own stand-alone ISO for USB Loaders and Dolphin?

Kirbydurby42

Smash Rookie
I've heard that it's really tough to add new characters to project M, but I'll make a few suggestions anyway.
Alucard &/ Richter Belmont &/ Simon Belmont; seeing as how there is a Castlevania stage in the game (Even if it is an alt to Luigi's Mansion). Maybe even Crono from Chrono Trigger, Viewtiful Joe, and Doctor Robotnik (And a boy and his blob for the lol's).

List:
  1. Shadow The Hedgehog
  2. Sora (KH)
  3. Chibi Robo
  4. Bomberman

Last edited:

Kirbydurby42

Smash Rookie
I've noticed that effects don't show up sometimes after you quit a stage via the pause menu. For instance you would quit a stage or stages and then play another stage, and then every character's effects are bugged out.
Here's an image to help illustrate what I'm talking about.

This seems to be fixed (Temporarily.) when exiting and reentering from the character select screen on Versus mode.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I've noticed that effects don't show up sometimes after you quit a stage via the pause menu. For instance you would quit a stage or stages and then play another stage, and then every character's effects are bugged out.
Here's an image to help illustrate what I'm talking about.

This seems to be fixed (Temporarily.) when exiting and reentering from the character select screen on Versus mode.
Why I stick to consoles XD

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
That's a known issue after characters who are clones fight each other; most notably ROB and Geno, who you are experiencing the bug with in that screenshot.

Kirbydurby42

Smash Rookie
That's a known issue after characters who are clones fight each other; most notably ROB and Geno, who you are experiencing the bug with in that screenshot.
Thanks for the explanation. I hope this issue gets resolved in the future if at all possible.

EDIT: Quick question. Is that the only copy it happens with?

Last edited:

luckydearly

Smash Rookie
Hey all, love the mod. It's really awesome though I got a bit of a problem. Everytime I load the game up it gives me a message about making new saves. Apparently it doesn't detect any saves at all once created since this happens every time I load up Dolphin (the one in Legacy, I also have Dolphin 5.0 as well).

Hope there's a solution to my problem cause I don't want to do event mode and then have to redo it everytime I reload the game.

Kirbydurby42

Smash Rookie
When using metal sonic's standing still "B" move on the "Y" alt. Dr. Mario stage; on the pills, when they vanish, he gets K.O.ed immediately. Also I think metal sonic's down "B" move can be pretty OP in tight spaces. Then again, I guess the same could be said for any continuous attacks. CPU opponents seem to have a really hard time escaping these attacks.

Last edited:

luckydearly

Smash Rookie
Found a bit of a bug, whenever I choose Subspace Emmisery mode it takes me to training mode instead.

Luigi's Number 1

Smash Rookie
Is ti possible to make the added characters less floaty? because lucina is way to flaoty than she needs to be.

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Hey David, is there a reason the menu's went through a kinda downgrade after the release trailer?
In the trailer:
(for those who want to look at my points in the video itself)
1. each character had their name stylized to have their series major font style
:luigimelee: I love the samus fonts and sonic ones

and

2. each of the stages on the stage select had an outline that resembled the original smash bros game they came from

i.e. smash 64 has just a box, melee has a slight curve and shadow, brawl has an outline of white, and smash4 has a white line and box
(it just helps separate the stages thematically)

:mky:

Is it just not on the wii version or was it taken out entirely

I REALLY want to know, because those little touches are what I feel make Legacy better than just another Brawl mod...
that and I was looking forward to seeing the fonts of the characters not shown..

(P.S. I had a glitch on the wii version that made the announcer use the wrong lines for the new characters....but on ridley one he said "8 PLAYERS" or something like that.....idk if that can even be pulled off but okay[probably Dolphin only I suppose?])

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Hey David, is there a reason the menu's went through a kinda downgrade after the release trailer?
In the trailer:

and

2. each of the stages on the stage select had an outline that resembled the original smash bros game they came from

i.e. smash 64 has just a box, melee has a slight curve and shadow, brawl has an outline of white, and smash4 has a white line and box

I REALLY want to know, because those little touches are what I feel make Legacy better than just another Brawl mod...
that and I was looking forward to seeing the fonts of the characters not shown..

(P.S. I had a glitch on the wii version that made the announcer use the wrong lines for the new characters....but on ridley one he said "8 PLAYERS" or something like that.....idk if that can even be pulled off but okay[probably Dolphin only I suppose?])
He's right, unless the Wii can't handle 'em.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
In the trailer:

and

He's right, unless the Wii can't handle 'em.
Beta is the only word

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
Beta is the only word
I get 'beta' for the character names, I mean we don't see them all, so maybe they're still not done yet.. :4wario2:

But the stages all look finished in this trailer, so they could atleast have kept the finished graphics in...
:75M:

I mean, the preview images top-left don't have theming (aside from Legacy theme I guess), and that seems fine to me,
but the smaller icons do, and they all seem to be done!

It just seems like a purposeful step back, rather than beta building...

Nardleo

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i'm having issues with USBLoaderGX. I did everything you need to do in order to launch the mod :

On the SD card : formatted my SD card, extracted Smash Bros LXP [Wii] from this website to the root of my SD card, created the codes folder and dropped the GCT's of the LegacyXP folder in it, renamed gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and dropped it on the root of the SD card.

On the USBLoaderGX app, i have everything already set (Ocarina on and AXNextFrame) because Project M 3.6 works fine on my wii. The only thing i did was to put "Block IOS Reload" to off cause someone said so here ^^. Then, when i start Brawl, i get a black screen that gives me nightmares x(.

Really want to play the mod so i tried a lot of things during the last two days but i always get that black screen. Does someone using USBLoaderGX (or not) have a guess on what i may be doing wrong? Would gladly appreciate it! :)

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, i'm having issues with USBLoaderGX. I did everything you need to do in order to launch the mod :

On the SD card : formatted my SD card, extracted Smash Bros LXP [Wii] from this website to the root of my SD card, created the codes folder and dropped the GCT's of the LegacyXP folder in it, renamed gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and dropped it on the root of the SD card.

On the USBLoaderGX app, i have everything already set (Ocarina on and AXNextFrame) because Project M 3.6 works fine on my wii. The only thing i did was to put "Block IOS Reload" to off cause someone said so here ^^. Then, when i start Brawl, i get a black screen that gives me nightmares x(.

Really want to play the mod so i tried a lot of things during the last two days but i always get that black screen. Does someone using USBLoaderGX (or not) have a guess on what i may be doing wrong? Would gladly appreciate it! :)
SD card size?

Nardleo

Smash Rookie
Might as well do the hacked way if you already have a jailbroken wii.
Uh, isn't this the hacked way? I'm using homebrew to use USBLoaderGX. The 2 other possibilities i saw for the wii are with a Brawl disc (hackless) or to build the iso with the Dolphin build for PC. Not too sure about the last one tho.

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Uh, isn't this the hacked way? I'm using homebrew to use USBLoaderGX. The 2 other possibilities i saw for the wii are with a Brawl disc (hackless) or to build the iso with the Dolphin build for PC. Not too sure about the last one tho.
Got the Brawl disc?

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
Umm... Not sure if this thread is for troubleshooting, but are there any pointers on how to get the ocarina code running? The gct file in the LegacyXP folder doesn't work. I'm having all sorts of crashes.
Basically what I did was as you said placed the gct files in codes folder in the root deleted the apps folder but instead of renaming the gc to gameconfig I replaced it with the project m 3.6 gameconfig also nabbed the private folder and placed in the root to run set ocarina on and set to vb1

jahames

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble building the game.
I copy my Brawl ISO over to the Build folder as the README tells me to, and I run the python script. The python script raises an OSerror.
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'ssbb/files/fighter/captain/'
Here's a screen shot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom