• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

jav02

Smash Rookie
I'm using BrawlStageManager & BrawlSongManager, & whenever I select the directories for the pf folder, nothing comes up...I have no idea why? I mean the costumes work fine, but for some reason the manager can't find where the stages or the music is located.
I guess you would have to do it manually , the songs are in the sound/strm of the pf folder you can just look up their word document with their song ids and then download a brstm and rename it to that and replace it, same with the stages you have to find the library manually and rename the stage to whatever you want to replace , I always replaced stuff manually anyway. (IDK why) I guess the managers are incompatible. I am not sure if brawl box would work have to test that out.

DraminOver

Smash Rookie
Hey I figured out how to change costumes , music and stages (its just like normal pm but the pf folder is in Legacy XP\WBFS\Builder\LegacyXP. Only problem is in the dolphin version you have to re-create the wbfs from the iso again for any changes to take place, thats fine. What puzzles me is that I cannot figure out where the costumes , and movesets of the extra characters are so I cannot per say replace any of Young link's costumes? does any one have any idea where the you can find the files of the added characters?
They are in Dolphin LXP\Config\User\Wii\sd

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
I guess you would have to do it manually , the songs are in the sound/strm of the pf folder you can just look up their word document with their song ids and then download a brstm and rename it to that and replace it, same with the stages you have to find the library manually and rename the stage to whatever you want to replace , I always replaced stuff manually anyway. (IDK why) I guess the managers are incompatible. I am not sure if brawl box would work have to test that out.
To use stage manager change directory to legacyxp\pf\stage\melee as for sound manager change directory to legacyxp\pf\sound\strm they will load.Although since this is a beta release I wouldnt change much.

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Does my SD card have to be empty for the hack to work? It's just I am using my 32GB SD card with my 2DS files inside and regardless of using the homebrew or hackless methods, the letterbomb icon never shows up in my messages.
I'm using an sd that has wiiu mods and LXP runs on my wii fine, I'm using homebrew tho

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
L-alt skins don't seem to work for me. I'm holding L as I go to the SSS, but nothing is happening when I get to the game. It's just giving me a normal costume. Also, would it be possible for someone to mod in Sami/Isaac/Lyn/Knuckles in as an addon? (I mostly just want Lyn tbh.)
Hold L before choosing either R.O.B or Link, and continue holding L until you get to the SSS. The L-Alt costumes won't appear on the CSS, so have this costume list to help you find which skin is which.

NNID
Megamanxtreme247
3DS FC
0233-0693-2297
Switch FC
1389-8562-4404
Yeah, I'm having trouble setting mine up in homebrew. All the files are at the root of the SD card, but everytime I select play it get's a blackscreen and takes me back to the wii menu. Then when I try to update it, it says "The info.xml file was not found" and it's clearly in the LXP folder. Could someone please hrlp me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

ToucanSLAM

Smash Rookie
The aspect ratio is really messed up on dolphin, I can't get it to output to a 4:3 monitor correctly. See these images: http://imgur.com/a/rSjm3

I'm using the Quality bundled dolphin version, and I've tried changing the Dolphin aspect ratio settings. It will either make it worse or do nothing to make it better

Edit: Also, when you loose a stock, the head icon will move down towards the bottom of the screen and hang there for several seconds before it disappears. It's definitely rendering too much vertically

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Hold L before choosing either R.O.B or Link, and continue holding L until you get to the SSS. The L-Alt costumes won't appear on the CSS, so have this costume list to help you find which skin is which.
actually they do show up you haft to cycle through the costumes with X or Y whale holding L, you can see this in the video i made of this pack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0yMlAHgDUQ i show it at 3:20 and this stuff also apples to Bowser and Wario's L-Load into Giga Bowser and Wario Man

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I tried that, and I'm still not getting anything. What are the alternative costumes, anyway?
really? weird, as for the alts they are:

Link: Ordon, Magic Armor, Zora Armor,Fierce Deity Link, "Classic" or a Link to the past/Orcals/Links Awakening, Skyloft, Skyward Sword (i think it's the HW version, HW Hero's Tunic and Trainee.

Toon: Minish Cap in; Green, Red, Blue, Purple, Classic color pallet, and Dark Link, and Engineer Link in; Blue, Green, Red, and Purple.

R.O.B: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii in; white, black, red, green, and blue

Jesse4060

Smash Cadet
actually they do show up you haft to cycle through the costumes with X or Y whale holding L, you can see this in the video i made of this pack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0yMlAHgDUQ i show it at 3:20 and this stuff also apples to Bowser and Wario's L-Load into Giga Bowser and Wario Man
Were you using an emulated version of Brawl? 'Cause all the L-Alts for me were hidden behind the characters normal costumes. (Note: I didn't remove/mess with anything in the LXP folders, and I'm using my Wii U to run this mod.)

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
How did you do it then? I've done things the way the notepad file says, and it doesn't work.
Make sure it's SDHC 32gb or less, formatted to FAT32 w/ 32 kb cluster. If it's usbloader make a codes folder and put the .gct's in there and rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt. Hope this helps

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Were you using an emulated version of Brawl? 'Cause all the L-Alts for me were hidden behind the characters normal costumes. (Note: I didn't remove/mess with anything in the LXP folders, and I'm using my Wii U to run this mod.)
nope i play on my actual Wii

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
To use stage manager change directory to legacyxp\pf\stage\melee as for sound manager change directory to legacyxp\pf\sound\strm they will load.Although since this is a beta release I wouldnt change much.
Thanks

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Then was legacy updated or something? or is my copy just messed up?
there wasn't an update as far as i know, so im not sure but i know where the alt portrets are in the files, there's a folder in the common folder called char_bust_alt inside that folder are the .BRRES for the CSS portets

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
FIXED: For the white screen problem, you need to make a .wbfs file based on the Brawl ISO that's 7.92 GB. Sizes less than this will give you the white screen problem that I spoke of.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
FIXED: For the white screen problem, you need to make a .wbfs file based on the Brawl ISO that's 7.92 GB. Sizes less than this will give you the white screen problem that I spoke of.
I'll be sure to keep that one in mind when making my own. No literally, I have no sd big enough for legacyxp right now for my wii and would probably use usbloader since I have a spare usb instead.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Kirby freezes if he does Dr. Mario's ability (non-existent), Jigglypuff doesn't have headband physics, and I just noticed Wolf's portraits are misplaced. Anyone keeping track of these?

RedCommunist

Smash Rookie
This is awesome I look forward to when it's out of Beta.
You guys are legends in my eyes.

bisinthename

Smash Rookie
How would one go about to playing this game on a USB loader? Is there a way to build an iso with this mod?

Fortis

Smash Rookie
So, stability issues is a thing, I guess. I don't know if everyone is having these problems, but I've gotten three freezes in the past hour. Is that typical? If not, would it help if I did a bug report or something?

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
How would one go about to playing this game on a USB loader? Is there a way to build an iso with this mod?
whoa don't go spouting misinformation >.> its really easy to load it on a USB. first off, go to the LegacyXP folder and get RSBE01.gct, RSBEXP.gct, and gc.txt

make a new folder in the root of your SD card called "codes" and place the GCT's inside it. next rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt and place it in the root of the SD. you should be able to load the game on any USB loader after that. you do however need an 8+ gig SD card.

you can also make an ISO using the dolphin build, then copy the wii download's files to SD, and it should work. again you will need an 8+ gig SD card. you will also need to move and rename the files as above.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Kirby freezes if he does Dr. Mario's ability (non-existent), Jigglypuff doesn't have headband physics, and I just noticed Wolf's portraits are misplaced. Anyone keeping track of these?
Thanks for the information on that Jiggly Headband. I'll go and download the headband moveset now.

FlareMedal

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoodKnowsHype
3DS FC
4055-5739-1439
Make sure it's SDHC 32gb or less, formatted to FAT32 w/ 32 kb cluster. If it's usbloader make a codes folder and put the .gct's in there and rename gc.txt to gameconfig.txt. Hope this helps
I am not sure it's an usbloader. (I don't know what it is) I've done the formatting thing and put everything inside. Bu all that shows up is a channel with a question mark that can't be opened. Is the issue the fact that it's an adapter with a micro sd card inside?

Last edited:

NichoMania

Smash Cadet
I hope david gets rid of the minish cap recolors for toon link's L costumes, seeing as, from the other examples it seems the L costumes should be one off costumes, and the multiple colors for minish link just feel like they're taling slots away from other toon link costumes, likw the legacy 1.3 hero/mirror shield outfit. I think there's colors for spirit tracks too, but I honestly couldn't point out the difference in a screenshot. :toonlink:

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
on the game: how good is lucina? so smooth it's crazy.

i play on a 68cm CRT and some of the stages on the stage select screen are a little small and blurry - is there a series of images online i can print out of all the alternate stages and the button presses to get them? someone playing on dolphin should screenshot! i have no idea how to play the smash flash temple stage but i wanna. another thing which is probably my TV too is that the characters on the side of the CSS are bunched in like they're being squeezed in on screen. the aspect ratio is right, must be my TV, anyone else got this?

beautiful mod

PepsiforPizza1895

Smash Cadet
Is there a way you can edit the CSS for this build because BrawlExConfigUtillity is not working for me.
(I'm trying to add a certain red echidna)

Kirbydurby42

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to report a minor bug. I was fighting R.O.B in the Flat Zone stage with Waluigi and for some reason ROB's smash effect (The cone of electricity.) didn't show up even though he was still dealing the damage.

EDIT: It seemed to be the stages fault. I've tried on another stage with the same characters and this time the special showed it's effect happening.

Last edited:

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
you need sawnd or super sawnd they are programes that were made to edit sawnd files, and i think the best thing to do is to swap the calls for Roy and Mewtwo, the best way i can think of to do that is to extract the .wavs of the calls and replace the opposite call with it, i don't know exactly where mewtwos call exists but Roys replaces Pokemon Trainer (so if that one still says roy than replace that one with mewtwo if it says mewtwo then put Roys where it belongs)
So I actually tried that, but I never really used these kinds of programs. This caused me to fail... Has anyone fixed the issue yet?

Exodo

Smash Ace
first of all, great job ma dudes, this is amaziiing!!! made me return to playing smash again basically...

though im having one problem... my game crashes everytime i use Yink Tink and Link at the same time.. ill keep testing to see what the problem could be but so far 1v1 matches are fine and i did play a 4 way with the plumers, but the problem occurs when i pick all 3 links.. just pointing that out maybe its just me :l

also i see mage ganon didnt quite make it, does that mean its gonna be added in the future if so will it have its own slot?(hopefully) maybe call it Evil King or simply Ganon :D that would be dope..

EDIT: its seems like the characters arent the problem at all i think it might be loading alt stages sometimes fails and it crashes the game when the match is starting... so yeah just letting you know sometimes some stages dont load correctly :L

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I know I might sound really picky asking this (and pretty annoying, as this is my third time asking to no avail), but is there a way to be able to run Legacy XP with Dolphin on Ubuntu/Linux?

This is a great mod - but Linux is all I got.

Top Bottom