• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Annals of the Heavens - The Pits User Listing and Video Thread

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
- I pretty much only use Pit's Upperdash Arm if the opponent's percentage is very high, and if I see a clear opening. If I'm willing to take some blunt trauma, I'll exploit the super armour frames. Otherwise, I don't risk it.
- I only use Pit's arrows when the opponent is far away. I usually do not intend to hit them with the arrows, but rather distract them.
- I never use Pit's up-smash unless the opponent is directly above me.
- I often use his forward tilt and forward smash for spacing.
- I only use Pit's Guardian Orbitars if I see the opponent getting ready to fire a projectile, or if I anticipate him/her launching a projectile. Otherwise, I do not use this move randomly, nor for the sake of pushing away the opponent.
- I often use Pit's 3-hit jab as a counter attack. I usually do not use his rapid jab, especially if the opponent's damage is high.
Everything that's quoted is something I think you can improve on. Alot is just IMO, so go ahead and take it with a grain of salt.

-Upperdash is great for punishing slow attacks, especially the aerial Upperdash, which is much safer then you'd thnk.
-Pit's arrows are definitely more for distracting, but you should definitely work on hitting opponents.
-Dashing Usmash is great on taller opponents, especially ones that approach from the air. Shorties? Not so much.
-Definitely keep Fsmash fresh. It kills at 120% if fresh.
-Use Guardians as an aerial shield of sorts. You're basically invincible up there to most, but the lag can be punished. It's saved me from many a sticky situation. Pushing isn't really useful, but it's effective against Mac.
-Pit's infinite jab is awesome. :p

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Infinite Jabs in general are pretty bad honestly. I'd recommend sticking to 3-hit jabs as Pit (this is something I need to work on as well lmao).

Coffee™

I need it....
and updated. Sorry for the delay, I've been so busy I've barely had a chance to play the game myself.

@ Coffee™ Coffee™ would you maybe be interested in running this thread? I'm stretching myself to thin with everything to be able to run it all myself (Haven't even had a good chance to look into the videos people have posted either)
Yeah, it's no prob man.

Jonhops1595

Smash Rookie
User name: @ Jonhops1595 Jonhops1595
In-Game name: Jonhops
3DS Friend Code: 1977-0707-2155
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Jonhops1595
Country of Residence: USA
Palette: #5 (Red)
Message: Kinda new to smash competitive but so far Dark Pit is the one I'm best at.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
-Rising Dair out of shield is awesome option to use in situations where your opponent is right behind you.
-When approaching, try to mix up the Nair and empty short hops.
-When your opponent is hanging on the ledge and your right next to the character. Try to anticipate your opponent will jump over you, so you can hit them with your Uair.
-Don't get too hasty with Pit, as follow up combos are not really in this game
-Grab to dash attack is awesome in early percentage against heavies and fast fallers.

I'll upload a match of myself playing Pit later.

PiZyy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stiifler
@ PiZyy PiZyy
Pizzy
To be added when my 3ds is alive
Stiffler
Americas Hat
Red,White and Purple
Im more of a melee player but if I were to be serious about 4 this is my dude cause this game is janky as all hell

ChaoticBlitz

Smash Rookie
User name: @ ChaoticBlitz ChaoticBlitz
In-Game name: Jesus
3DS Friend Code: 4194-2979-2575
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: N/A atm
Palette Colour: Swanky Red or Pit Palette Swap
Message: Moved to Sm4sh from PM but now i can't really play PM anymore lol

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
User name: ShadowSlashX
In-Game name: Shadow
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0883-7959
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: ShadowSlash17
Palette Colour: Blue or #3
Message: I'm pretty new to smash, since I got into Brawl around 2011, but only casually. I loved Pit(especially the Dark Pit palette)in that game, so Dark Pit is my first choice. I plan to get more competitive with this game.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
User name: UndrDog
In-Game name: Undr
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: UndrDog88
Country of Residence: Now THAT is a secret. ...USA
Palette Color: Default
Message: Hello, I'm Undr. You may remember me from such things as "That awesome Pit player from Brawl", and "Samus. What's the Point?". Also from being the premier Pit player from Brawl's infancy.

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
User name: Chompy
In-Game name: Chompy
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Chompy621
Country of Residence: USA/Chicago IL
Palette Color: Red
Message: Hello, my name is Chompy. For those of you who have played Brawl competitvely during the 08-09 era, I mained Diddy as my primary and Pit as my secondary. I'm also the player that completed KIU 101% in 5 weeks!!!

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
User name: Empoleon Arrow
3DS friend code: 2492-4171-4241
In-Game name: Chaparro
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID : Charizard2012
Country of Residence: Mexico
Palette Color: Original (sometimes blue)
Message: Hello, everyone. This is the first time i own a smash game since the original. I usually play as Fox and Link, but whenever i had the chance in Project M i played as Pit.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
User name: Lenus Altair
In-Game name: Ty
3DS Friend Code: Will Add Later
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: IcariiFA
Palette Colour: Red
Message: Local level tournament player in brawl, exclusively with Pit. Looking to expand my skill level and mains in S4.

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
I've uploaded some matches against other players.

Donkey Kong

Little Mac

I hate fighting this character...... >_>

Fox

I've struggled against Fox, big time...

Please let me know the areas i've done well in and other areas that I need to improve on.

There will be more videos later! Be sure to be on the lookout for them!

Last edited:

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie

Donkey Kong

Little Mac

Fox

I've struggled against Fox, big time...

Please let me know the areas i've done well in and other areas that I need to improve on.

Chompy, those were some good games, actually i think i learnt a thing or two by watching your videos. Your arrow game is great.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
User name: New_Dumal (in smashboards, but I'm playing with tag "Precs" in tourneys)
In-Game name: Vine Saisei (because I play with the 3ds from a friend who lives with me)
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Hygor (NewTouchdown)
Country of Residence: Brazil
Palette Color: White (default) almost every time, yellow/golden for "Now I'm playing serious" mode.
Message: Hi! I'm playing with Pit since the begin of Brawl, but I became a competitive player after 2010.
I like Pit a lot because you know... he have style. I played the first K:I but never could play Uprising.
I'm maining Pit again in SSB4, but I only will devote fully in SSB4 in the Wii U version.
Others characters I like are Dark Pit, Metaknight, Ike, Villager, Sheik, Mario ...

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown

Little Mac:

Your problem with L.Mac is that you don't play as a *****....
This MU is about stay close from the edge, arrow him to make him approach you, punish him sending he out of the stage and build some early-kills.If you want more advices in this MU, I will post in the "against L.Mac" thread.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
In-Game name: Chip
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3083-1621
Where I be: US...Texas specifically
Palette Colour: Default

Hello. I second Pit in this game for some ungodly reason. Unfortunately, I can't upload replays, but I AM willing to spar with those that COULD record said matches. I main Yoshi and dabble in others, too. Gimme a shout out. Definitely looking for better practice than For Glory scrubs. It's getting old.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Pit (Me) vs Toon Link

Toon Link was destroying me....just watch the ending though :p

Last edited:

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
Xacer:

Here are some good and bad points from what I saw on the video. First, i'll over the good.

Good

-You have really good arrow game.

-That dair spike was really awesome! I highly reccomennd using that move, when possible. It can be hard to land at times, especially with the short range, and how your opponents can air dodge it. If your patient in the air and bait for them to airdodge, thats when you can do your dair. Believe me, the reward is beautiful ^_^

I got a huge kick out of the dair spike to footstool at the end there! Most broken combo ever. I'll have to look more into that, haha.

Bad

Instead of infinite jab, use a 3-hit jab. I know how tempting it can be at times to land a infinite jab, but its not worth it in the end for various reasons. One of them is your opponent can DI away from that and you get hit with a Fsmash, or roll behind you and then grab you.

Overuse on Side B. In other words, players will start to catch on to that and every time you whiff, they can land either a free smash attack, or a grab. Generally, the only time I use it is when I think my opponent is going to roll behind me, and that usually happens a lot of the times when they are at higher percentage.

The guardian orbitars are a great tool to defect projectiles, but that can only get you so far. Again, you overused the guardian orbitar and when you use that, that leaves your opponent with either a free grab, or a smash attack. I wonder if its possible to gimp their up b with your guardian orbitar the same way Pit could in Brawl with his down b mirror shield?

Dash attacking can be good, but you depend on that move way too much for your offense move. Whenever you dash attack someone, and they put up their shield, you'll get punished by getting shield grabbed. Instead, use a rising short hop nair to utilt, or simply try to zone them out with empty nair. Also, you can poke away at their shield by short hoppning nair, and poking their shield with ftilt.

tl;dr

-Less dash attack, guardian orbitar, side b, infinitie jab
-More 3-hit jab, short hop nair to utilt/ftilt.

Other than that, I believe you'll become a much better Pit player if you try to apply them to your everyday playstyle.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
@ CHOMPY CHOMPY Wow thanks for the amazing and detailed response and for the great tips :)
Ive stopped infinite jabs now, I only use it when people try to get up from the ledge, in which case their only option is to roll, and I can punish them if timed well.
and yes you can gimp using pits guardian orbitars I have a video :D against lucina below (Ive also managed to gimp a greninja but no video) (Lucarios recovery is wierd, lucario kinda stalls against the sheild then gets pushed past it/through it for a further distance than it should normally, this made him fly off the edge and fall to his doom :3)
as for side b overusage....well....Ike will show you why I have a nasty habit of using it so often (Things get good on our last stocks) :p

Last edited:

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
vs. T-Rav :4sheik: 11/10/14

Game 1
Game 2

vs, Goulmania :4shulk:/:4link:

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

vs. Spire :4diddy:11/9/14

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3
Game 4
Game 5
Game 6
Game 7
Game 8

Looking back at all of my matches against Diddy, the best way to handle Diddy's side b move is to use your fair. You'll notice that I was testing out different moves to stop his side b, such as nair and fsmash, and those didn't work out as planned.

Another thing you have to do against Diddy is when you see them pull out their banana, aim your arrow at the banana because the Diddy player will most likely grab the banana the moment he pulls it out. Once you have the banana, wait patiently for Diddy to drop his shield, thats when you toss the banana and follow it up with a free dash attack.

Whenever you get dthrowed by Diddy and he goes after you with the uair, jump instead of airdodging. Unless Diddy gets really aggressive, hit him with your dair.

Don't be afraid to gimp Diddy. The way you gimp Diddy is to hit the rocket barrels with your arrows, and you should be able to do it off stage. Once you get Diddy offstage and you gain enough confidence to gimp him with your arrows offstage, the matchup is a lot easier. Gimping Diddy with the arrows would be like gimping Little Mac, only your waiting for Diddy to launch the rocket barrels.

vs. Bo X7 :4peach:11/7/14

Game 1
Game 2

Peach is an aggressive character, especially when your going up against players that know how to space out their aerials properly. Most of the time, Peach will be up in the air spamming dair, so counter that by hitting her with usmash/utilt out of shield.

Since Pit is a floaty character, its very easy Peach players to juggle all over Pit, making it that much tougher to escape her aerial combos. If your right above her, jump away and give yourself some breathing room and let Peach dictate what she's going to do next.
vs. RancidLeaf :4tlink: 10/26/14

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

The most annoying part of the matchup is going through all of his projectiles at once. Guardian orbitars may sound like the best answer, but it really isn't because you have a lot of ending lag that they can grab you, or fully charge their smash attack the moment you drop your guardian orbitars. The best way to approach him is running up to him, while putting up your shield. A lot of the times, Toon Link players like to Z-air. How do you respond to Z-Air? Simple, shield grab.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
User name: @ Wintropy Wintropy
In-Game name: Alexander (brother's name, using his 3DS)
3DS Friend Code: 1461-6253-6301 (brother's FC / Mii, using his 3DS)
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Wintropy
Country of Residence: Republic of Ireland
Palette Colour: Blue

EDIT: Anybody that wants to add me and critique my playstyle, feel free! Critique is always welcome and who better to ask than you fine folk~?

Last edited:

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
User name: ShadowSlashX
In-Game name: Shadow
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0883-7959
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: ShadowSlash17
Palette Colour: #5/6/7
Message: I'm new to smashboards, new to competitive smash, and I've used Pit almost exclusively in Brawl/PM. I play a mix of Pit/Dark Pit in Sm4sh.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I just made myself a YouTube channel and uploaded my first vid using Dark Pit. I'm gonna be making more vids as I have a few replays if like to put up but for now:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju8fxjb7Guc

I know I spam the rolls far too much, even when I could use something else to punish. I'm trying to get rid of that habit.

Edit: More Dark Pit vids uploaded.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3YAn7nbewQ

Arrow spam vid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nLI9Ykj4--Y

A sling spike that I saved the replay for.

Just posting cuz I'm about to update to 1.0.4 and I need to delete these...

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Finally got a video for you guys! 7 stock match (for reasons), so it runs a little long, but I'd definitely appreciate any constructive feedback. Also, apologies for the crappy camera work. I might take some better footage of this.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I commentate For Glory matches sometimes to help players improve. I was not expecting this to happen :p

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
User name: TheGoldMan
In-Game name: Blake
3DS Friend Code: 1950-8066-7015
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: TheGoldMan
Palette Colour: Red (#5)
Message: Brawl was my Smash game, now I moved on to Smash Wii U.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
Here is a day when I ONLY played Pit for a long time!

So many rage quits....
Also here:
User name: FunkyHellboy
In-Game name: Jb
3DS Friend Code:
1263-6252-1703
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Jsteel3
Country of Residence: USA EC
Palette Colour: #1
Message: I'm trying to get Pit to be one of my mains by, praticing him for videos and streams

Conda

Pit v Greninja I commentated (and played in). I play both Pit and Dpit as they're basically the same, I decide which I use based on which I feel like using (still deciding which I prefer).

Conda

Pit v Greninja I commentated (and played in). I play both Pit and Dpit as they're basically the same, I decide which I use based on which I feel like using (still deciding which I prefer).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Surprised to see so much Impact Orbitar use from Tony there. But then again, there were plenty of times when a well-timed Guardian or Amplifying Orbitar would of been a good way to find some footing.

And Sheik on Battlefield VS DP is really tough, I hear. Not sure how the stages are chosen but it's probably not the most neutral for the matchup.

Other then that... Well, Tony is great with everything besides the arrows. Probably why he chose Pittoey in the first place.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Why no Upperdash attacking? I mean, it's better then spamming it, but with in your face characters like Greninja it's worth throwing out every once in a while just to get 'em off. And it reflects Greninja's Water Shuruken, so you can use it to close the gap between a campy one if necessary.

Conda

Why no Upperdash attacking? I mean, it's better then spamming it, but with in your face characters like Greninja it's worth throwing out every once in a while just to get 'em off. And it reflects Greninja's Water Shuruken, so you can use it to close the gap between a campy one if necessary.
I tend to overuse upperdash so i was trying to dial it back :p

Top Bottom