• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
KissxSis and HSotD aren't good.
Unless you want to fap to cartoons.
Then they're amazing.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
High School of the Dead is really good if you have the maturity of a 14 year old and shy away from anything actually worth watching. Wow, a zombie show lacking almost any tension with terribly cliched and awful characters with a terrible and overdone art style with lots of ****.

Yeah totally quality ****.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
High School of the Dead is really good if you have the maturity of a 14 year old and shy away from anything actually worth watching. Wow, a zombie show lacking almost any tension with terribly cliched and awful characters with a terrible and overdone art style with lots of ****.

The sad part is... it had so much potential...
For an anime...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My friend told me to watch High School of the Dead because it's like a cross between hentai clichés and zombies, which apparently I'd appreciate.

Not gonna lie.

I'd probably be pissing myself with laughter the entire time, but it's probably the same thing if I walked the sreets of Tokyo.

SAMURAI SPIDERS

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice

As long as you would put yourself in that mindset then there you go.

There's worse animes out there.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Maybe I'm just sort of spoiled because I saw Spirited Away when I was like 10.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Highschool of the dead was almost as bad as School Days... though..I liked School Days TT_TT

Ga-rei Zero is a must watch for every single one of you~
Elfen Lied was amazing too

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Elfen lied looked scary enough for me not to watch it.

I just ended up watching samurai 7 and last exile instead.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Highschool of the dead was almost as bad as School Days... though..I liked School Days TT_TT

What does it matter if an anime is 'bad'? If you enjoy it, that's all there is to it really.

I was gonna ask what those other two anime were about, but that's what Google/Wiki's are for.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I started a new anime which is posted about constantly in a page on facebook dedicated to Metagross. It's called Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Invade! Squid Girl). I'm in the second episode and so far it's nothing special, but it's amusing enough to watch.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid

This post is soo full of win. Thank you LLR.

The thing about School Days needs to be fixed though, although I'm like the only person I know who loved the show, let alone almost cry at the ending.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is my favorite anime ever. <3

I really love Lain too! <3

:phone:
You ever heard/watched Rahxephon? It's like NGE, only not with a wimpy *** lead.

And I'm guessing you mean Serial Experiments Lain?

Chuee

Smash Hero
I started a new anime which is posted about constantly in a page on facebook dedicated to Metagross. It's called Shinryaku! Ika Musume (Invade! Squid Girl). I'm in the second episode and so far it's nothing special, but it's amusing enough to watch.
You're watching Squid Girl?
I feel sorry for you de geso.
Oh, and I heard Pico to Chico is one of the best love stories ever told.
All of you should check it out.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
ika musume is worth it if only for the adorable gifs

and i swear the only good ecchi i've managed to watch is ushiro no daimou

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You ever heard/watched Rahxephon? It's like NGE, only not with a wimpy *** lead.
I watched that show. I had very mixed feelings about it. It's like, the end explained some things that really bugged me but the thing is, I went through that show being annoyed because of those things, so it's kinda like...eh.

Oh yeah and the lead character bored me to death.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
KissxSis and HSotD aren't good.
Unless you want to fap to cartoons.
Then they're amazing.
Don't forget Queen's Blade. That has more shameless fanservice then any of those 2 shows.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm putting Squid Girl on hold. I got three episodes in and with most animes I've liked, I was enthralled by that point. I'm feeling nothing with it. I'm moving on to Death Note. I bought the box set of the manga and loved the hell out of it and my coworkers are practically begging me to watch it.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
oh god what sub group are using to watch squid girl? i winced at every squid pun horriblesubs and animeultra used, and was much happier with the translators that simply added 'de geso' at the end of every sentence (think it was fffpeeps).

death note is great

watch gurren lagann if you haven't already

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I watched that show. I had very mixed feelings about it. It's like, the end explained some things that really bugged me but the thing is, I went through that show being annoyed because of those things, so it's kinda like...eh.

Oh yeah and the lead character bored me to death.
Yea, I agree with you. Even though Rah is my favorite show, it does have some plotholes and the ending didn't solve everything. Although for me, the journey to the conclusion was all I needed.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So much this. Both are awesome imho, and definitely worth the time.

death note is great
am I the only one who thinks this is overrated? I just couldn't get into it... but I'm not gonna judge. As this thread shows people have very different tastes when it comes to "good" anime...

Well that's the curse of mainstream really, you'll have to expect over hype and just try to watch them without outside bias in order to enjoy the show.
Unfortunately that is self defeating in the fact that if an anime or anything is recommended to you, You do have expectations of it being great.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I only read the manga, I don't know if the deathnote anime was any good.

In fact, most of the animes I've watched have been a lot worse than the manga

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Basically~

Recent anime I've watched I'd probably say Another was good cuz I really liked it :3 and the manga was basically the exact same thing so if you prefer reading it rather than watching it. it works out~
It's also NOT LONG

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was already mentioned previously in the thread.

I just wanted to reiterate how amazing it is.

Top Bottom