• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime Sterotypes

Cookiez

Smash Ace
^ Ditto. Though I must say most of them end HORRIBLY, and make me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty fork :psycho:.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Naruto manga has gotten very good recently.
The whole Itachi being a spy in the uchiha coup detat thing
A few of my friends follows the anime but im miles ahead in the manga.He said he'd castrate me if I told him anything!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Hi guys, what's up? My name is Basically Everybody and I spend thousands of hours watching anime without realizing there are other genres besides shounen.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I don't even know what shounen actually means =( *looks it up* Ahahaha. Naruto's probably the biggest shounen I've watched/read.

I can say I've watched more than just Shounen, though =]

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think anime stereotypes differ within different genres of anime. Oh and redcell, shounen is really popular because just about everything is classified as it (I mean Eva? Come on) unfortunately we just have to accept it, I'm more of a Seinen type of guy myself but whatever.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I'm assuming everybody here STREAMS and watches DUB.

I love the classic "I'll do ANYTHING to defeat you, even if it takes 6 EPISODES worth of charging mai powa!"

not sure if you were joking but i watch subbed Bleach episodes...
The english ones are waaaaaaaay behind probably around 100... Plus the episodes from around 75-110 are boring, cheap, fillers...

Miharu

Smash Hero
Naruto manga has gotten very good recently.
The whole Itachi being a spy in the uchiha coup detat thing
A few of my friends follows the anime but im miles ahead in the manga.He said he'd castrate me if I told him anything!
Nah, Naruto blows, and it always will :D Aside from that, for some odd reason I still deign it worthy enough of my time to keep up with the manga >_>

I'm assuming everybody here STREAMS and watches DUB.

I love the classic "I'll do ANYTHING to defeat you, even if it takes 6 EPISODES worth of charging mai powa!"
And this is why I don't watch much shounen at all. The thing with Naruto/Bleach (arguably the most popular anime atm) is the plot is rather shallow/boring/takes too long/gets nowhere, and it seems to cater to 10 year olds.

And for the love of God, don't watch Geass dubbed on Adult Swim; just get it from gg/Eclipse. I for one could never stand how fake/bad the English dubs sounded (also the translation errors are just that much more pronounced in dub than a sub), so I've been watching subbed anime for as long as I can remember.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
And this is why I don't watch much shounen at all. The thing with Naruto/Bleach (arguably the most popular anime atm) is the plot is rather shallow/boring/takes too long/gets nowhere, and it seems to cater to 10 year olds.

I really don't like shounen...(if i have the correct definiton) I hate Naruto and I love Bleach because of how deep the plot got around episode 60... I don't know if you have seen it but I thought the whole *huge spoiler*
Aizen is an evil mastermind
thing was just awesome... The number of used and killed people was just amazing... Death Note falls short to it...

I'm really into mind game series and that guy/girl was just amazing i never suspected him/her at all... Before that i used to think Bleach was just another shallow series with an obvious criminal... I had seen like 20 Bleach episodes and got bored but i heard about that and just had to see how the hell he/she did it.

Ooh and for the stereotype lols-

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's too bad mediocre anime like Naruto gets so much attention and masterpieces like Azumanga Daioh are ignored. Azumanga is the Seinfield of anime in that the show is about nothing but yet they manage to make the anime great without even following any plots at all. Lucky Star is similar to Azumanga in that sense but Lucky Star doesn't have the zing that Azumanga has.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
It's too bad mediocre anime like Naruto gets so much attention and masterpieces like Azumanga Daioh are ignored. Azumanga is the Seinfield of anime in that the show is about nothing but yet they manage to make the anime great without even following any plots at all. Lucky Star is similar to Azumanga in that sense but Lucky Star doesn't have the zing that Azumanga has.
Azumanga and Lucky Star are actually quite popular. It's Excel Saga that needs moar love.

Best anime ever.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have ES on my list of anime to watch but I can't seem to find the time. I have to stream due lack of space on my tiny hard drive so I have to plan ahead when I want to watch something.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Lucky Star's ending disappointed me :[

But other than that, it was a very enjoyable anime.

Top Bottom