• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime freaks and why I don't get them

finalark

SNORLAX
Link to original post: [drupal=1294]Anime freaks and why I don't get them[/drupal]

When it comes down to anime, it's just another form of entertainment for me. To me, watching an anime is just like watching any other series with a similar base. But what I don't get are those Naruto-headband wearing, sub-only watchers who curse their American heritage every day of their life. Yeah, there's anime I like but nothing could ever compel me to go out an buy a Millennium Puzzle replica or anything like that. And I never saw what those people have against dubbed anime. Yeah, there are some terrible dubs out there but you can't just say "it's not the original Japanese audio so it must be bad!" Like Black Cat and Full Metal Alchemist I've seen both subbed and dubbed, and I have to say that actually liked the dubs more than the originals.

And here's another thing I don't get: Cos(t?)-players. I've heard that's it's apparently "fun." I guess to someone who piratically worships these characters dressing up and pretending to be them would be fun. But spending hours making a costume, then wearing it for only a day at a convention so that way you can pose for a whole bunch of pictures only to come home all sweaty from wearing something like that doesn't seem like a good time to me. I don't know how anime fanatics could find this "fun" in at all. I guess some people have odd tastes?

You know, call me sexist, but it's never guys who you see that are like this. Before I get bombed for apparently being sexist I want a show of hands. How many of you see more girls wearing Nauto head-bands than guys? Okay, put your hands down. Personally, I've never seen a boy wearing one of those. And as a male fan of anime (but not a fanboy) the only thing relating to anime that I own are the first three seasons of Dragonball Z (which I got for dirt cheep from a used book store), a few Zatch Bell cards from when a friend of mine was into that series, and a whole crap load of Yu-Gi-Oh Cards. But assuming that you were either in Elementary or possibly Middle-School when the crappy 4kids dub came out, then you too probably have Yu-Gi-Oh cards. And speaking of cards, an anime freak friend of mine blew around fifty bucks on Naruto cards (even though she doesn't know how to play the game) just because they were Naruto. That's fifty bucks that she could have spent on something better, like Twilight Princess or the Orange Box. And what's with those creepy fanfics that fangirls write anyway? And why do those freaky fangirls always do their best to misinterpret every possible scene so that way they can pretend that two characters are gay with each other (even if they're both clearly straight)?

If there's a point that I'm trying to make here, it's that I'm the kind of anime fan who hangs out on the outskirts of anime town along with other dub watchers. And the reason why I hang out on the outskirts is because while I enjoy my time there, it doesn't consume my every thought and I acknowledge that anime is just another form of entertainment so I can leave at any moment. Plus if I hang out on the outskirts I can still enjoy anime without getting to close to the center of town where all of the sub-obsessed fangirls who smell like weird meat and write bizarre fan fictions hangout. Now back to the point that I'm desperately trying to get out. I could care less if you're an anime freak, I just don't get them. Yeah, yeah, you can be what ever you'd like, ect. ect. ect. politically correct bull that I don't believe in, ect. But seriously, its not like I barge into the anime freaks hang out and demand that they give me a chair and a headband. I just don't get them, and I don't think that anyone, regardless of how well they explain how what they do is "fun" could ever get me to.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That was actually pretty good. I was a little worried at first.
I've never liked any form of anime, unless it's really unique. Case Closed was good for me.

The people that obsess over anime I cannot stand, Naruto in particular. There's plenty of common ones out there, anime freaks are just as bad as the girls that dedicate their lives to Twilight. I really just never saw the anime appeal... I might like it some day.

Great blog, man.

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
I shun my american heritage every day of my life, But anime only plays a small part in that. :D

I've never liked any form of anime, unless it's really unique. Case Closed was good for me.

The people that obsess over anime I cannot stand, Naruto in particular. There's plenty of common ones out there, anime freaks are just as bad as the girls that dedicate their lives to Twilight. I really just never saw the anime appeal... I might like it some day.

Great blog, man.

I hate how people like you automatically fault (People like) me just because I enjoy Naruto.

Personally, I think Naruto is a freakin' awesome anime (I say that a little loosesly), but I can't say that, because Most people will not pay attention to the context and hate me anyway.

finalark

SNORLAX

Great blog, man.
You and and I share a likewise point of view. There's more anime I can list that I didn't like than anime that I did like.

And Case Closed was a good series.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♡People have said words quite similar to yours about gamers. "Why waste $50 bucks on that stupid video game when you can go to Aeropostale and get some REAL clothes for once?"- non gamer's point of view

♡It's really that simple. Everyone has there own way of viewing things. And I think people should not judge something before they experience themselves first..... unless its hazardous looking of course. ;)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hate how people like you automatically fault (People like) me just because I enjoy Naruto.

Personally, I think Naruto is a freakin' awesome anime (I say that a little loosesly), but I can't say that, because Most people will not pay attention to the context and hate me anyway.
I don't think you understand. I don't like Naruto because of certain fans.
A few in particular ruin with their complete and utter obsession to link everything in their lives to that show/manga. I just never found it to be that interesting.

I don't hate you, since I really don't know you.

You and and I share a likewise point of view. There's more anime I can list that I didn't like than anime that I did like.

And Case Closed was a good series.
Absolutely. Some of it just doesn't appeal to me, but I'm sure there's some good stuff out there that I've never even heard of.

I liked how Case Closed had close ties to a real life experience. I only found it odd that Jimmy stumbled upon a new murder every other week.

finalark

SNORLAX
I liked how Case Closed had close ties to a real life experience. I only found it odd that Jimmy stumbled upon a new murder every other week.
Same here. Another thing I found somewhat odd was that even though the series takes place in Japan (they never directly say that but it's fairly obvious that it does) everyone has oddly American names.

and @pokesmashfighter (because I never figured out how to use the multi-quote feature)

When it comes down to Naruto, the thing that I don't like about it is that it has a mostly terrible fanbase. And plus, if I wanted to watch an anime about people hurting each other and somehow surviving things that would make normal people very, very dead I would watch Dragonball Z.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
At least your a mature "I just don't get many anime freaks" person rather then "lol anime is teh suck"

I enjoy the few animes, but I don't obsess over them.

Tales of Symphonia (the game+anime)

Code Geass (some episodes are "eh")

Gaara from Naruto - he just kicks ***. I don't really like Naruto. See an episode here and there with my 2 friends who love the series. (lol ninjas with bluetooth? wtfpl0x?

Morobito: Guardian of the Spirit

Gundam Wing (Believe its the first season of Gundam... can't remember the name :p but Gundam, first season) it could just be nostalgia... but man I loved this show when I was little.

.Hack// - Best anime ever, I remember being obsessed with it... but now I just love it, and recently bought a poster of Tsukasa (main character from .Hack//Signs) but again, I'm not obsessed with it and able to tell you every detail about it..

finalark

SNORLAX
At least your a mature "I just don't get many anime freaks" person rather then "lol anime is teh suck"

I enjoy the few animes, but I don't obsess over them.

Tales of Symphonia (the game+anime)

Code Geass (some episodes are "eh")

Gaara from Naruto - he just kicks ***. I don't really like Naruto. See an episode here and there with my 2 friends who love the series. (lol ninjas with bluetooth? wtfpl0x?

Morobito: Guardian of the Spirit

Gundam Wing (Believe its the first season of Gundam... can't remember the name :p but Gundam, first season) it could just be nostalgia... but man I loved this show when I was little.

.Hack// - Best anime ever, I remember being obsessed with it... but now I just love it, and recently bought a poster of Tsukasa (main character from .Hack//Signs) but again, I'm not obsessed with it and able to tell you every detail about it..
I thought ToS was a great game, but I only saw a little bit of the anime.

Code Geass.... meh. It really doesn't interest me.

If you reference Naruto, I probably won't have any idea what you're talking about....

Gundam Wing was awesome! And I don't think that Wing was the first season. I have a friend who's a big fan of the series, I'll ask him some time.

I read the manga .Hack//. Never saw the anime. I liked what I read, though. And the reason why I liked it was because it was fairly original. Come on, it's about a bunch of High School kids playing an MMO. Name one other anything about that.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Same here. Another thing I found somewhat odd was that even though the series takes place in Japan (they never directly say that but it's fairly obvious that it does) everyone has oddly American names.

and @pokesmashfighter (because I never figured out how to use the multi-quote feature)

When it comes down to Naruto, the thing that I don't like about it is that it has a mostly terrible fanbase. And plus, if I wanted to watch an anime about people hurting each other and somehow surviving things that would make normal people very, very dead I would watch Dragonball Z.
They usually change the names to please everyone in North America. The Pokemon anime especially. Oh, and to multiquote, just click "Multiquote" on every post you want to reply to.

Exactly. If I ever did watch it again, it'd be near impossible to find someone that I can just have a calm coversation with. Oh, and I never did get why people always talk about pairing up anime characters with ones they clearly don't belong with. There's so much Naruto artwork out there of all these different characters together. Pokemon's even worse. Any anime with a large amount of characters. Death Note has a lot of this too...

I actually liked Dragon Ball Z when I was younger back almost 8 years ago when they played it on Toonami.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm not an anime freak, but I have every intention of cosplaying at some point. It's fantasy, and some people take their enjoyment of it to different levels. If you wear a sports jersey of your favorite player, isn't essentially the same thing (although not to the same degree, of course)?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Absolutely. Some of it just doesn't appeal to me, but I'm sure there's some good stuff out there that I've never even heard of.
Since I didn't want to quote that gigantic mass of text that 'Lark posted above in the OP, I'll just take a page from Straked's book instead.

I like anime/manga. Some of the stuff the genre puts out is genuinely compelling (at least to me, anyway). The weeabo culture surrounding it, however, annoys the piss out of me. I can't stand it. Taking a kernel of wisdom or two from a culture (or subculture) is one thing; grafting yourself into it and immersing yourself to the point of escapism is idiocy.

Major edit to clarify: I don't mind cosplaying. I know a few people that do when they go to a 'con or something, but they're reasonable people. They don't try and incorporate Japanese into their everyday speech. >__>

Smooth Criminal

finalark

SNORLAX
They usually change the names to please everyone in North America. The Pokemon anime especially. Oh, and to multiquote, just click "Multiquote" on every post you want to reply to.

Exactly. If I ever did watch it again, it'd be near impossible to find someone that I can just have a calm coversation with. Oh, and I never did get why people always talk about pairing up anime characters with ones they clearly don't belong with. There's so much Naruto artwork out there of all these different characters together. Pokemon's even worse. Any anime with a large amount of characters. Death Note has a lot of this too...

I actually liked Dragon Ball Z when I was younger back almost 8 years ago when they played it on Toonami.
Just some quick education for you: the only dubbing company that changes the names of characters is 4kids. 4kids dubbed Pokemon, so there's your result. And thanks for the Multiquote tip.

For your second one: I blame the fanatic fangirls personally.

Near the end of last year I started watching the DBZ uncut dub that was released. And I have to say, it's pretty good.

Cinder

Smash Master
This blog...

It's...it's...

Blog of the Week material, fo' sho'...

Seriously, I could NOT agree more...I mean, I watch a few animes, but to me, they're just like any other form of TV entertainment...

And yeah, I have an interesting little story for y'all XD

So, I keep in touch with a lot of my friends from high school (the ones that were a year behind me and are still there), right? Well, there's this one particular girl in the anime club that no one likes...at ALL (not even the Anime club)...she hates Western culture with a burning passion, insists on moving to Japan (as if they'd accept HER XD), and HAS to live like a Japanese person (to a disturbing extent)...

So, here's the funny part...one of my friends that's there with her has told me some of the things she's thrown a TEMPER TANTRUM over...

1) She threw a fit when her mother didn't pack RICE CAKES with her lunch...

2) She flipped out when she heard the American nurse listening to JAPANESE MUSIC...she apparently thinks American nurses have no right to listen to Japanese music...EDIT: that or she was the one listening to Japanese music and saw the nurse...I've heard mixed stories...

What's worse: she's coming to my college next semester >.>

finalark

SNORLAX

So, I keep in touch with a lot of my friends from high school (the ones that were a year behind me and are still there), right? Well, there's this one particular girl in the anime club that no one likes...at ALL (not even the Anime club)...she hates Western culture with a burning passion, insists on moving to Japan (as if they'd accept HER XD), and HAS to live like a Japanese person (to a disturbing extent)...

So, here's the funny part...one of my friends that's there with her has told me some of the things she's thrown a TEMPER TANTRUM over...

2) She flipped out when she heard the American nurse listening to JAPANESE MUSIC...she apparently thinks American nurses have no right to listen to Japanese music...

I'm sorry. May God help you when she comes to your college.

I'm sorry, maybe that girl (remember what I said about it almost always being girls?) would prefer it if I called him Kami-sama. :laugh:

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
I never figured out how to use the multi-quote feature.
You click multi quote on all the people you want to quote, except for one. Then click the normal "quote" button on the last one.

For example:
I want to Quote: The Altrox, Finalark, and myself all in one post.

The Altrox>Multiquote
Finalark>Multiquote
Pokesmashfighter>Quote

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Different people have different tastes.

Some people really really enjoy the Japanese culture and want to learn a lot about it and immerse themselves as best they can.

I like the original audio and not dubs because it doesn't seem to fit right with me. Chances are they are in a city in Japan in Japanese culture and they're speaking english? I normally can't go through 5 minutes of a dubbed episode.. it just sounds so off. (however I did enjoy the dub of DBZ)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Wow, Cinder.

GG.

And she wants to live in Japan? Wow. I hope she knows that women over there still don't enjoy all of the rights that men do, even after Westernization began under Matthew Perry's first little "visit" to the country. But that's for another topic.

Edit @ Steel: I usually watch the subs, simply because the voice acting there is usually better than the voice acting found on the dubs. DBZ's dubbing was enjoyable.

Smooth Criminal

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
This blog...

It's...it's...

Blog of the Week material, fo' sho'...

Seriously, I could NOT agree more...I mean, I watch a few animes, but to me, they're just like any other form of TV entertainment...

2) She flipped out when she heard the American nurse listening to JAPANESE MUSIC...she apparently thinks American nurses have no right to listen to Japanese music...EDIT: that or she was the one listening to Japanese music and saw the nurse...I've heard mixed stories...

I am not even sure what I can say about this, Cinder. That's just too much...

As for the main blog, I do agree that some people take it out of hand, but I just try to let them be. Of course, maybe that's because I don't actually know anyone like that personally, I've just heard stories. As for myself, I do like anime, and a a few of those that most people here have probably never heard of, but not to the point where I dedicate my life to it. It's just something that I enjoy, just like American TV and movies for other people.

finalark

SNORLAX

On reflection of your story, Cinder. I posted in a comment of someone blog (I think it was "The Mosh Pit" or something like that) that I think only about 15% of the world's population holds any intelligence. Your story proves this.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Edit @ Steel: I usually watch the subs, simply because the voice acting there is usually better than the voice acting found on the dubs. DBZ's dubbing was enjoyable.

Smooth Criminal
Yes, the Japanese voice acting is FAR better.. a lot of them are most likely professionals at their job. Bar more famous anime like DBZ.. the English dubbers are often trying to make their "start" by dubbing anime to get into higher business.. just something I read.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'd like to take that girl Cinder was talking about and make her a sex slave in a Geisha House. Japanese culture ftw!

Tbh, you shouldn't be mad at Anime Freaks, they're people after all, and people all have gaping flaws in some aspects of their existence.

God, I'm such a vile human being :urg:

finalark

SNORLAX
Yes, the Japanese voice acting is FAR better.. a lot of them are most likely professionals at their job. Bar more famous anime like DBZ.. the English dubbers are often trying to make their "start" by dubbing anime to get into higher business.. just something I read.
I have to say though, Black Cat dub.... that was some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. The English voice actors really put a soul into their characters.

God, I'm such a vile human being :urg:
Don't worry Terren, we're all are a bunch of vile little monstrosities who probably don't deserve to live.

Oh god, now I feel really bad inside!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think Japanese VA is awful most of the time. I can tell what the character sounds like before they speak 99% of the time. They really aren't very inventive or original with voices.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just don't understand this, really...

I mean, if you speak Japanese, that's one thing, but what's the point in good voice acting if you don't know what they're saying anyways? Unless the voice acting is so god-awful that you want to shoot yourself just by hearing it, I would think it'd be more annoying to have to read subs at every step of the way rather than just being able to watch it.

Some voice actors can be really annoying, but I find it more annoying when people are speaking in a language I can't understand.

On reflection of your story, Cinder. I posted in a comment of someone blog (I think it was "The Mosh Pit" or something like that) that I think only about 15% of the world's population holds any intelligence. Your story proves this.
I still say 99.6% of people are stupid.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think Japanese VA is awful most of the time. I can tell what the character sounds like before they speak 99% of the time.
One name: Goku....

I remember the first time I heard him talk.... his voice was... unexpected, to say the least.

To say the most, I wanted to break my Television when he opened his mouth.

I still say 99.6% of people are stupid.
Okay, you're probably right.

D

Deleted member

When I watch anime, it's really no different than a game show or sports, it's just a show I like on TV. I don't know how anyone can get so excited over a TV show.
:043:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I just don't understand this, really...

I mean, if you speak Japanese, that's one thing, but what's the point in good voice acting if you don't know what they're saying anyways? Unless the voice acting is so god-awful that you want to shoot yourself just by hearing it, I would think it'd be more annoying to have to read subs at every step of the way rather than just being able to watch it.

Some voice actors can be really annoying, but I find it more annoying when people are speaking in a language I can't understand.
I totally understand where you're coming from and I too felt that way for the longest time. However, most of the anime I watch(ed) is/was absolutely atrocious dubbed. It's like the English voice actors don't even try to put any real depth into their characters, you know? They're just as flat as boards, even when the scene is supposed to be really gripping. The Japanese voice actors (at least some of them; there are instances where they too don't sound very convincing) generally have more enthusiasm and they make the character(s) sound a little more believable.

It's just a matter of preference, bro. The whole reading and watching thing is also something you learn to do over time. Then again, I haven't watched anime in a long time. Been reading booooooooks.

*coughNightsideandDresdenseriesisamazingcough.*

Smooth Criminal

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Eh. I'm not real big on anime, though I do watch it more so than the average person as I have a few series on my computer. I don't watch actively and its more of a bit here and there at random.

After a good few years of watching anime in original Japanese VA, i've gotten to the point were my ears are sensitive to the voice acting of both american and japanese voice actors. Probably from watching a whole bunch of hotblooded anime with alot of yelling. (Gao Gai Gar and GGG Final, Gurren Lagann, Dragon ball Z, Fist of the North Star, list goes on.)

My main gripe with american voice actors is their lack of passion with their dubs sans Dragon Ball Z and Cowboy Bebop (Only Anime in which I prefer dub over sub.)

There are alot more Japanese voice actors that show much more emotion and sell it better than American VAs imo. When an American VA tries to sound hot blooded, it really sounds halfassed compared to JP VAs and REALLY CHEESY.

but again, those are just my thoughts.

I do criticize JP VAs though. Soul Eater JP VAs sound SOOO LACK LUSTER its aggrivating. Their voices become an acquired taste only because the animation quality is just awesome.

Also, I hate how the american dubs censor and alter the script at times. Japanese just dont give a **** and their scripts can be more blunt, cold, and real mature where as the american scripts water them down and that makes it less tolerable for me. :/

EDIT: FFFFFFF Smooth Criminal just ***** part of my post by posting some of what I said before me. D:

finalark

SNORLAX
*coughDresdenseriesisamazingcough.*
I've been trying to find the first book in that series for ages. Man I wish I could find it so I can start reading it.

Okay, so to make this related to the topic:

I get what you mean, Firus, about subtitles. I really don't mind them, just so long as their not flashy or in-your-face.

Then again, I like reading so I don't mind reading as I watch something.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I shun my american heritage every day of my life, But anime only plays a small part in that. :D

Yeah seriously, just for liking Naruto people assume one to be an obsessed fan brat. Most likely because of the large majority who are fanbrats. Its pretty much just stereotyping.

♡People have said words quite similar to yours about gamers. "Why waste $50 bucks on that stupid video game when you can go to Aeropostale and get some REAL clothes for once?"- non gamer's point of view

♡It's really that simple. Everyone has there own way of viewing things. And I think people should not judge something before they experience themselves first..... unless its hazardous looking of course. ;)

Peachy pretty much summed it up ^_^

This one kid was arguing with me today about how people could play/buy videogames all the time, and how I could go on a forum for videogames. 0.o He thought I was insanely weird.
It all depends on an individuals taste and hobbies. Your most likely right, you wont ever get it so you probably shouldn't even try. That is just the way the human mind works. People have a hard time thinking beyond their own point of views and experiences. Just like that one kid couldn't think past his. Everyone is different, grows different, gets into different things.

I do understand your point though. Some people are way to obsessed. It just has that effect on them. I could go into the psychology of it all but I'd rather not. =(

Personally I like anime, and Naruto but I don't buy any of the fan products and all that. Not to say that I wouldn't, but I'd rather use my money on other things...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I hate anime stereotypes, almost anything with girls that have boobs bigger than my head playing a lead role, people with hair colors from the rainbow, and let's not forget characters getting the **** beat out of them and then become God and win, and then do this like 5 more times. The community some times really annoys me. Wapanese individuals are really ******** looking to me, I cant be kind about this. Kawaii or chibi should never be an every day word, and Gaia is the stupidest thing ever.

And oh God I hate fights that last over an episode. This is why I dropped Naruto. First it wasn't too bad, but it got really, REALLY bad as the series went on. How hard is it to make a smart fight last under 10 minutes, I dont get it. I dunno, I always had this soft spot for Naruto but eventually I opened my eyes and realized it was just plain ridiculous.

I can look past certain stuff like fun styled hair if the story is amazing, or is Fire Emblem, but I like anime that dont look like everything else. Stuff like Ergo Proxy, Samurai Champloo, Basilisk, not completely new but they had some fresh stuff. Basilisk got a bit too predictable but when characters died, they just died. There wasn't a slow drawn out sequence where they get some kind of closure bull ****, they stabbed, choked, whatever, and they die. It was way more hard hitting and really drove the whole "**** has hit the fan" feeling that stayed with me the entire show.

tl;dr-I like anime, I hate the general community and the look of a lot of it.

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
About that "boobs bigger than my head" thing, I can handle it if the creators will SHUT UP about it. But when the only role they play is having guys chase her (Nurse Joy from Pokemon for example), I really get annoyed by it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I hate anime stereotypes, almost anything with girls that have boobs bigger than my head playing a lead role
God I hate fan service. Whenever I see a series, comedic or serious, in which the lead female is a boob monster I smirk smirk and think, "It looks like your series is so crappy that you had to resort to fan service to get people to buy it."

And while I'm talking about that I would also like to say that this is the reason why I don't like comedy animes. I really don't see what's so funny about finding various bizarre ways to get an underage male and female into potentially sexual situations. It's not funny, it's just stupid.

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
God I hate fan service. Whenever I see a series, comedic or serious, in which the lead female is a boob monster I smirk smirk and think, "It looks like your series is so crappy that you had to resort to fan service to get people to buy it."

And while I'm talking about that I would also like to say that this is the reason why I don't like comedy animes. I really don't see what's so funny about finding various bizarre ways to get an underage male and female into potentially sexual situations. It's not funny, it's just stupid.
I disagree. Mikuru humour ftw.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
What I hate about the subject is that it's hard to not be a anime fan. Every person you see who plays video games or just acts plain weird makes me assume they are obsessed with anime. I'm not really a fan myself, but I watch them every once in a while and they are "addicting or cool", but I believe it's a waste of time obsessing over something that's not really a skill (except drawing them).

Zip.

Smash Lord
Wow this was a great read..all of these points you state are the main reasons i despise people who obsess over anime..i mean im a fan, but COME ON...<_<
i wouldnt go as far as cosplay and buying a whole bunch of crap i would just get rid of in the long run..(however i would buy Anime T-shirts, but that is all to be honest)

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the record, I'm like most of the people in this thread with respects to anime. I watch it if I think it's a good show/series, but you'd probably never find me at a convention.

You know, call me sexist, but it's never guys who you see that are like this. Before I get bombed for apparently being sexist I want a show of hands. How many of you see more girls wearing Nauto head-bands than guys?
I don't know where you are in the world, but where I am, anime fans are about evenly split along the gender line. Yes, even the crazy ones. I see more guys with anime T-shirts than girls, actually. Also, if you think more girls wear Naruto head-bands than guys, try looking at a guy's wallet or his shoes because I've seen guys with Naruto wallets and shoes.

And what's with those creepy fanfics that fangirls write anyway? And why do those freaky fangirls always do their best to misinterpret every possible scene so that way they can pretend that two characters are gay with each other (even if they're both clearly straight)?
I could probably explain that one to you, but it might not be considered appropriate for this forum. The clean version: For those of you who are adults, you may be aware of certain "materials" that target straight males and feature two or more females in prominent roles. Yaoi/slash is the same thing...gender roles reversed.

Creepy? Sure. Human sexuality always is.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
You know what's funny is that while the characters in Basilisk dress more modestly than other anime, you see more of their naked bodies than other shows. The great part is that it's never ever hot.

^_____^

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I know I am late to the proverbial party, so here I am.

I'm sorry, maybe that girl would prefer it if I called him Kami-sama. :laugh:
*Laughs head off because of how funny it is...to me.*

They aired it for a short spell on the SciFi on Monday nights. I just wish I could watch the whole series, I remember watching that and G Gundam years ago.

1) What? I have never tried rice cakes, so I can't help there.

2) What the hell? First Amendment issues much?

and oh dear God, mercy on you x10.

Top Bottom