• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing's Friendly Merchant: The Tom Nook Thread [CHANCES UP BY 100%]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The way Tom Nook is looking at the envelope is giving me an urge to write a fanfic. :troll:

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I wanted Nook, but I'm happy with Villager as an alternative despite greatly preferring Nook. I wanted one or the other because I wanted an Animal Crossing rep, I don't want both although the I thought the trailer was hinting at Tom Nook wanting a piece of that Smash action as soon as I saw it.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
You are aware that isn't Tom Nook in the trailer, right? It's one of his nephews - it's too short to be Nook.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I totally thought that was Timmy.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Just wait until Master Hand ask the characters to show him their invitations.
Villager : Just might as well Reset the game now.
Mr Resetti : NO RESETTING !!!

And that's how the villager will finnaly not be playable after all.

Moral of the story : Don't drop your papers in the nature or a Tanooki will take your place in a fighting tournament.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
In all fairness, I could see Tom Nook working as a second rep - just make sure he doesn't use the same props the Villager does. Throwing out leaves that turn into couches and chairs midflight is a very big yes.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Just wait until Master Hand ask the characters to show him their invitations.
The villager somehow convinces Master Hand that he got an invitation by telling him to check the list, and Nook shows up with the villager's invite and gets in anyways.

that's probably it.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It would be cool if Nook used furniture, houses and money(lol) in his moveset, in comparison to the villager, who uses tools and trees.

Also, I started Animal crossing for the first time today, and Nook is already one of my favorite characters. I love his design in the Gamecube one better than the New Leaf design, though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Changed my profile picture into Tom Nook to show my support! since I started playing animal crossing for the first time, he's been one of my most wanted newcomers!

EDIT: Crap, I double posted. oh well.

geno

Smash Apprentice
I'm digging the idea of two animal crossing reps. But... The way the SSB4 reveals have been going so far, it'll be Villager and Kapp'n instead of Villager and Nook. Wait... I'd definitely be somewhat ok with that

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Tom Nook Moveset

Size ~ 4
Weight ~ 3
Movement ~ 7
Jumps ~ 6
Fall Speed ~ 2
Aerial Movement ~ 6
Traction ~ 9

Ranged grab – uses the fishing rod. Also works as a tether.
Jab – basic “one two punch”, but the third hit is his Tanooki tail.
Dash – Runs with a bug container, but trips, the container opens, and the bug flies up a little before disappearing. The bug counts as an extra hit, as well as being an up projectile.

Tilts
Forward – Swings a bag of bells around. (just think of a sack of cash) high knockback for a tilt.
Down – A rug appears on the ground in front of nook, and he quickly pulls it out from underneath someone's feet. Does a tripping effect, similar to a banana peel.
Up – Throws up a pile of paper and bills.

Smashes
Forward – grabs a wooden folding chair, and swings it in a downwards motion towar
Down – Swings a big fish around. Only slightly higer knockback than the bag of bells when fully charged, but always does higher damage. Also hits behind.
Up - Swings up with a roll of wallpaper. Half the time, he looses his grip on the wallpaper, only holding the paper part, unrolling the rest. this makes the range longer, but damage and knockback is slightly lowered.

Specials
Forward – Throws a furniture leaf, which turns into either a dresser or a table. They break on target and do medium damage and knockback, otherwise it will land and act as a big pickup item, like wario's bike. If the dresser breaks, it will drop items like a fossil, a pitfall trap, an apple, or a conch shell.
Down a gyroid will appear, flailing it's arms wildly, like in Animal Crossing. It will constantly be attacking, every 5th of a second is another attack. Once every 3 strikes, it will launch with higher knockback and make the player get off itself. It will stay on play for 30 seconds and there can be only one in play per nook. There is also a 10 second delay when it can be used again.
Up – Spawns a couch underneath him, bouncing him high. Works like Sonic's spring or Megaman's Rush, except other people could use the couch to bounce, as well as picking it up as a heavy item.
Neutral – Grabs any projectiles, and immediately tosses a bag of bells in an upwards curved motion. The size of the bag is also in relation to the projectile. It does knockback and damage equal to the projectile, and if it lands on the ground, it can be thrown for half the damage and knockback, and will count towards money in coin battle.

Final Smash a house pops of from the ground next to a player close to tom nook (player is frozen during the attack), tom nook will give the bill, and the character has a shocked expression then is launched off the stage.

Is that good? did I go a little overboard?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres a funny idea. Every time Tom Nook wins he'll have three sacks of money around him. The sacks will have an image of what the currency is in the bag is based on your opponents. (only if win poses return)

Mario characters and Wario: 8 bit coins
Zelda characters: Rupees
Mega Man: Zenny/Bolts
Sonic: Rings
Snake: Real World money
Wii Fit Trainer: eShop points cards
Villager: Bells (obviously)
DK characters: Bananas
Ice Climbers: Vegetables
Pokemon characters: Pokemon Dollars
Yoshi: Fruit

I'm digging the idea of two animal crossing reps. But... The way the SSB4 reveals have been going so far, it'll be Villager and Kapp'n instead of Villager and Nook. Wait... I'd definitely be somewhat ok with that
Possible but i feel like Nook is more likely because of how he looked at the letter in the trailer.

Nado

Smash Cadet
Random Thought: I find it interesting that the animal crossing stage does not have Tom Nook in the background. As he is probably the most recognizable character from animal crossing it would make the most sense to have the screenshots feature him in the background. Obviously the last animal crossing stage changed background characters so maybe he is in the stage at some point or another but there also has been multiple screenshots of this stage posted already, yet no tom nook.

I don't know if this means Tom Nook is a playable character, an assist trophy, or maybe his shop is a stage of it's own but I think its safe to say it is probably one of those options. In any event, Tom Nook will likely have more representation in this game then just a background fixture.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Tom Nook could work pretty easily. I could see the opening trailer going like this:

The Villager is against Mario and Link. He sees pieces of the Dragoon and immediately stands up and dashes towards them. He gets hit in the face by a chair. Mario and Link look up to see Tom Nook standing in the sunlight with a leaf in his hand and his foot on top of the Villager's chest. He motions for them to come closer and pay up if they want the Dragoon pieces. It then goes through gameplay footage and then shows Tom Nook walking away holding some Rupees from Zelda, Bells from Animal Crossing and Coins from Mario, to turn around and show he has the Dragoon as well and flies towards the other opponents as the screen darkens.

And they rejoice. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Tom Nook could work pretty easily. I could see the opening trailer going like this:

The Villager is against Mario and Link. He sees pieces of the Dragoon and immediately stands up and dashes towards them. He gets hit in the face by a chair. Mario and Link look up to see Tom Nook standing in the sunlight with a leaf in his hand and his foot on top of the Villager's chest. He motions for them to come closer and pay up if they want the Dragoon pieces. It then goes through gameplay footage and then shows Tom Nook walking away holding some Rupees from Zelda, Bells from Animal Crossing and Coins from Mario, to turn around and show he has the Dragoon as well and flies towards the other opponents as the screen darkens.

And they rejoice. :troll:

EDIT: Dang, posted twice.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Here's my Tom Nook moveset, It's currently a work in progress.

[collapse=Moveset]Default Costume: Blue Apron
Alt Costume: New Leaf Sweater
DLC Costume: City Folk Purple Suit

His moves will consist of furniture, tools, money, and housing.

AAA: Raccoon claw swipes.

Dash: Tom Nook does a running sharp stop and turns around. (He ends up kicking opponents in the face)

Up Tilt: Tom Nook takes out an umbrella and does the spin animation from Animal Crossing.

Down Tilt: Tom slams a stack of papers downward.

Forward Tilt: Tom jumps and spins around hitting an opponent with his tail. (Referencing Tanooki Mario)

Up Smash:Tom takes out K.K. Slider's Guitar and plays a few notes. The musical notes will float upward. (The speed they levitate at depends on how long you charged the attack)

Forward Smash: Tom puts down a red mail box (same one that Villager uses in the SSB4 trailer) and has it open. A bunch of letters will shoot out and hit opponents in front of the mail box.

Down Smash: Tom pulls a rug out from under any opponents.

NAir: Spins around in the air hitting opponents with his tail.

DAir: Nook tosses down a Gyroid.

BAir: Spins around and swings an axe.

UAir: flip kick

B: Furniture - Tom Nook tosses a leaf at an opponent and it will turn into one of the following.
Regular Chair - Has a 90% of being used.
Bench - Has a 70% of being used.
Single Bed - Has a 40% being used.
Double Bed - Has a 10% being used.

Forward B: Door - Tom Nook will set up a door, charge through the door, and slam it open.

Down B: Bells - Tom tosses bells all over the ground in front of him and this will cause opponents to slip and fall.

Up B: Balloon Present - A balloon (with a present tied to it) appears and carries Tom upward. The present can be grabbed and used like a capsule.

Grab: Bug Net

Pummel: Tom slaps his opponent.

Up Throw: Tom uses a shovel to toss an opponent upward.

Back Throw: Tom uses the shovel to toss an opponent over his shoulder.

Forward Throw: Tom will will release the opponent like a fish. This causes the victim to try and belly flop while falling onto the ground.

Final Smash: Debt - Like Captain Falcon's Final Smash, Tom Nook will take any player he hits with his giant sack of bells into a cutscene. This cutscene will show a counter that will display an amount of money so absurdly high that all the characters die from the shock. Also, the counter will be censored for comedic effect.

Taunts:
Up: Tom playfully tosses one of the Nooklings up in the air.[/collapse]

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
How does this moveset look?

Color Pallet:
Default Costume: Blue Apron (Blue)
New Leaf Sweater (Green)
City Folk Suit (Purple)
Nook N Go Suit (White)
Red Apron (Red)

Entrance:
Tom Nook runs out of Nook's Cranny.

[collapse=Moveset]AAA: Raccoon claw swipes.

Dash: Tom Nook does a running sharp stop and turns around. (He ends up kicking opponents in the face)

Up Tilt: Tom Nook takes out an umbrella and does the spin animation from Animal Crossing.

Forward Tilt: Tom jumps and spins around hitting an opponent with his tail. (Referencing Tanooki Mario)

Up Smash:Tom takes out K.K. Slider's Guitar and plays a few notes. The musical notes will float upward. (The speed they levitate at depends on how long you charged the attack)

Forward Smash: Tom puts down a red mail box (same one that Villager uses in the SSB4 trailer) and has it open. A bunch of letters will shoot out and hit opponents in front of the mail box.

NAir: Spins around in the air hitting opponents with his tail and turnips. (one turnip in each hand)

B: Furniture - Tom Nook tosses a leaf at an opponent and it will turn into one of the following.

Forward B: Door - Tom Nook will set up a door, charge through the door, and slam it open.

Down B: Bells - Tom tosses bells all over the ground in front of him and this will cause opponents to slip and fall.

Up B: Balloon Present - A balloon (with a present tied to it) appears and carries Tom upward. The present can be grabbed and used like a capsule.

Forward Throw: Tom will will release the opponent like a fish. This causes the victim to try and belly flop while falling onto the ground.

Final Smash: Debt - Like Captain Falcon's Final Smash, Tom Nook will take any player he hits with his giant sack of bells into a cutscene. This cutscene will show a counter that will display an amount of money so absurdly high that all the characters die from the shock. Also, the counter will be censored for comedic effect.[/collapse]

Taunts:
Up: Tom playfully tosses one of the Nooklings up in the air.
Down: Tom pulls out his Abacus and messes around with it while a thought bubble comes out of his head with a picture of money in it.
Forward: Tommy and Timmy stand behind Tom and laugh/cheer for a short time.

Victory Poses:
1. Tom stands around with his Aabcas and three bags of money representing the franchises of the characters he beat. (Coins (Mario), Rupees (Zelda), Bolts (Megaman), etc.)
2. Tom smiles and bows multiple times and holds a bag of bells in one of his hands.
3. Tom pats his nephews on the back while smiling.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
How does this moveset look?

Color Pallet:
Default Costume: Blue Apron (Blue)
New Leaf Sweater (Green)
City Folk Suit (Purple)
Nook N Go Suit (White)
Red Apron (Red)

Entrance:
Tom Nook runs out of Nook's Cranny.

[collapse=Moveset]AAA: Raccoon claw swipes.

NAir: Spins around in the air hitting opponents with his tail and turnips. (one turnip in each hand)

Final Smash: Debt - Like Captain Falcon's Final Smash, Tom Nook will take any player he hits with his giant sack of bells into a cutscene. This cutscene will show a counter that will display an amount of money so absurdly high that all the characters die from the shock. Also, the counter will be censored for comedic effect.[/collapse]

Taunts:
Up: Tom playfully tosses one of the Nooklings up in the air.
Down: Tom pulls out his Abacus and messes around with it while a thought bubble comes out of his head with a picture of money in it.
Forward: Tommy and Timmy stand behind Tom and laugh/cheer for a short time.

Victory Poses:
1. Tom stands around with his Aabcas and three bags of money representing the franchises of the characters he beat. (Coins (Mario), Rupees (Zelda), Bolts (Megaman), etc.)
2. Tom smiles and bows multiple times and holds a bag of bells in one of his hands.
3. Tom pats his nephews on the back while smiling.

Really, really good moveset. I like incorporating his furniture, money and being a racoon.
I also think if you hold jump button he should wiggle his tail a la Racoon Mario for a slower descent.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Really, really good moveset. I like incorporating his furniture, money and being a racoon.
I also think if you hold jump button he should wiggle his tail a la Racoon Mario for a slower descent.
Thats a really good idea actually.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'd like to bring up this thread again.

I actually think that tom nook is the best 2nd rep available for animal crossing. who else would make a half-decent rep? resetti? K.K.? Rover? don't make me laugh.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd like to bring up this thread again.

I actually think that tom nook is the best 2nd rep available for animal crossing. who else would make a half-decent rep? resetti? K.K.? Rover? don't make me laugh.
Resetti was the sole AC character to appear in Brawl in any form outside a trophy, you know. Being violent is a part of his character. :p

Anyways, do you want to take over the thread? :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Resetti was the sole AC character to appear in Brawl in any form outside a trophy, you know. Being violent is a part of his character.

Anyways, do you want to take over the thread?
resetti was also not really important in new leaf, only if you wanted him to be. you had to BUY him. I'm pretty sure he's not as important anyways.

do I want to take over the thread? mmmm, maybe. I'd probably not update it much.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
alright, I might be taking over this thread. that pic convinced me to ask.

also, doesn't tom nook have more rounded limbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom