• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal crossing wild world.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Also, this version doesn't have any load times/tiny screen segments.

Bahamutess gave me this game for Christmas last Thursday (we had to exchange gifts early before spending the holidays with our respective families) and I've played it enough that Nook's expanding both my house and his store tomorrow. It's pretty cool, especially the fact that it's portable and I can play it whenever I'm bored, as opposed to the GC version where I had to sit down and dedicate myself to plugging in a controller, turning on the TV, hitting the power button, etc.

Other than THAT, it really doesn't strike me as all that different from the GC version. I mean, you'd think they'd change up the jobs that Nook gives you in the beginning A LITTLE, but they're still the exact same.

Haven't played with anyone online yet, but I did post my friend code in the Connections thread. I'll only be online-capable for a couple more days though, and then I leave to go to the technological oblivion that is my parents' house.

KLSmash

Smash Ace
I don't think so.
----------------------------
Name Price ( Not sure if I need Spoiler Tags, but I will just incase I do... )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Umbrellas

-Gelato Umbrella 160 -Eggy Parasol 160
-Bat Umbrella 160 -Blue Dot Parasol 160
-Lacy Parasol 160 -Daisy Umbrella 160
-Leaf Umbrella 160 -Paw Umbrella 160
-Paper Parasol 160 -Petal Parasol 160
-Ribbon Umbrella 160 -Busted Umbrella 160
-Red Umbrella 160 -Sunny Parasol 160
-Blue Umbrella 160 -Beach Umbrella 160
-Yellow Umbrella 160 -Elegant Umbrella 160
-Green Umbrella 160 -Modern Umbrella 160
-Candy Umbrella 160 -Leopard Umbrella 160
-Melon Umbrella 160 -Zebra Umbrella 160
-Mint Umbrella 160 -Forest Umbrella 160
-Picnic Umbrella 160 -Flame Umbrella 160
-Lemon Umbrella 160 -Camo Umbrella 160
-Toad Parasol 160 -Spider Umbrella 160

2) Hats

-White Cap 160 -Scholar's Hat 420
-Red Cap 160 -Safety Helmet 300
-Yellow Cap 160 -Police Cap 480
-Light Blue Cap 160 -Explorer's Hat 160
-Green Cap 160 -Captain's Hat 360
-Star Cap 160 -Sailor's Hat 300
-1-Up Cap 160 -Silk Hat 120
-Purple Cap 160 -Outback Hat 160
-Blue Knit Hat 160 -Dutch Hat 320
-Orange Knit Hat 160 -Sombrero 240
-Pink Knit Hat 160 -Tyrolean Hat 160
-Purple Knit Hat 160 -Viking Helmet 540
-Red Pom-Pom Hat 160 -Cavalier Hat 360
-Badge Hat 160 -Pirate's Hat 240
-Straw Hat 160 -Jester's Cap 360
-Grandpa Hat 240 -Witch's Hat 160
-Paperboy Cap 280 -Red Ribbon 160
-Beret 160 -Blue Ribbon 160
-Dandy Hat 160 -Yellow Ribbon 160
-Hunter's Cap 300 -Heart Hairpin 160
-Detective Hat 240 -Star Hairpin 160
-Top Hat 400 -Moon Hairpin 160
-Puffy Hat 240 -Green Feather -*
-Bandana 80 -Blue Feather -*
-Swimming Cap 80 -Yellow Feather -*
-Wizard's Cap 80 -Red Feather -*
-Big Bro's Hat 320 -Purple Feather -*
-Li'l Bro's Hat 320 -Rainbow Feather -*
-Bicycle Helmet 400 -Halo 2400
-Chef's Hat 160 -Royal Crown 1200000
-Combat Helmet 960 -Crown 1000000

*The Feathers are special gifts that you'll receive if you donate enough money
to the town of Boondox.

Green Feather: 10000
Blue Feather: 200000
Yellow Feather: 500000
Red Feather: 800000
Purple Feather: 1100000
White Feather: 1400000
Rainbow Feather: 6400000

3) Wigs

-Pilot's Cap 720 -Mowhawk Wig 160
-Fireman's Hat 960 -Pig Tail 120
-Baby's Hat 160 -Bunny Hood 1600
-White Veil 400 -Racing Helmet 1200
-Turban -* -Motocross Helmet 1400
-Warbonnet 1000 -Football Helmet 1200
-Kaffiyeh 160 -Knight's Helmet 1000
-Cow Bone 160 -Roman Helmet 1200
-Samurai Wig 1200 -Diving Mask 2200
-Geisha Wig 1600 -Space Helmet 2400
-Ninja Hood 240 -Ski Mask 600
-Powdered Wig 160 -Wrestling Mask 900
-Afro Wig 160 -Dressing 120
-Regent Wig 160 -King Tut Wig 12000

4) Masks

-Blue Frames 120 -Hero's Mask 1200
-Red Glasses 120 -Goggles 280
-Yellow Glasses 120 -Snorkel Mask 320
-Mint Glasses 120 -Eye Mask 160
-Purple Glasses 120 -HMD 1800
-Green Glasses 120 -Monocle 240
-Brown Glasses 120 -Doctor's Mirror 160
-Pink Glasses 120 -Eye Patch 120
-Thick Glasses 120 -Post-Op Patch 120
-Silver Frames 120 -Gas Mask 240
-Rimmed Glasses 120 -Hockey Mask 200
-Funky Glasses 120 -Red Nose 80
-Pilot Shades 2400 -Stache & Glasses 240
-Sporty Shades 160 -Big Bro Mustache 600
-Huge Shades 160 -Curly Mustache 160
-Triangle Shades 120 -Mini-Mustache 160
-Tiny Shades 120 -King's Beard 8000
-3-D Glasses 120 -Mask 80
-Masquerade Mask 120 -Pacifier 120

Turban: This is going to lead to some very discriminating chats.
Brown Glasses: XD They're mine!

Edit: I'm 100% sure I'm getting a DS this Christmas. My brother snuck into my parent's closet. I insisted he didn't...

Edit2: Go to http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/animal_crossing_ww_b.txt and look at discoinferno84's Item List Guide. Take a look at the room expansion section. ITS ****EN HUGE.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All information from discoinferno84's Item List Guide. I give him full credit.

Pup313

Smash Rookie
Ive heard that the fishing is harder in ACWW. Could I have some confirmation on this?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
fishing is some harder if you're going for a stringfish or a tuna. What I do is put the speaker next to my ear and listen for that plop sound and press a immediately.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I read a couple pages back but didn't see this referenced anywhere. Is the option to ask a villager to do a favor/run an errand gone? I've been playing a bit and there's no option for it, the only thing is that it comes up in chit chat that they want new clothes.

EDIT: My Friend Code is 0730-7592-3993. The town is Sherwood and my character's name is James. I'll be adding everyone who posted theirs in here.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, diferent people do diferent things. Some people will give you errands, others will "race" you to get certain fish/bugs or fosils in general. And clothes and so on.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
"connecting to nintendo WFC... please wait a moment" i've had this on my DS screen for at least ten minutes now. I can connect while playing MK:DS so this is really upsetting... whats going on?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got the players guide before I got the game (I got the guide yesterday, and I'll be getting the game on the 26th or 27th [yeah I know, minor setback]) And I have read that you CAN move into another town. I'm not sure exactly how, but you move your character and most of their belongings to another town in another game cartridge, but this means you can't move into a friend you play against online's house, because you need both DSs their to move wirelessly from pak to pak. Also, you remember when two animals would go up to eachother and one would go storming off or whatnot? Well now, you can go up to them and actually see what they are saying, and even have a 3 way chat with them! Also, remember how the animals had 3 different styles of talk with each gender? Well now there is 4. They added a "normal" one. Also, you can buy emotions from this one guy, so say when you are talking to a human, and you want to, maybe make your character look angry? For some reason though, the guide didn't mention anything about choosing where your house is going to be. You can still choose though, right?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Yeah Kap'n (or maybe nook) asks you what you're coming to the town for and you can pick between shopping, the beach, the museam w/e and it will be relative to where your house is put.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Yes, through questions asked early in the game... i should of been buy the river or the beach... but no~ I chose "border" cuz it sound cooler...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Town hall for teh win.

<3 said:
"connecting to nintendo WFC... please wait a moment" i've had this on my DS screen for at least ten minutes now. I can connect while playing MK:DS so this is really upsetting... whats going on?
I had this myself too today <3. Big letdown :(

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Mic_128 said:
Town hall for teh win.
When I restarted I picked the shop... now I actually regret it... should of picked river...

I had this myself too today <3. Big letdown :(
I have a theory, The DS is connected to the internet, BUT it is spending it's time searching your friends list for people that have your friend code and won't connect to the actual WFC untill it finds one... Maybe...
But then agian, you should still be able to open your gate right?...

Can anyone who has actually played with someone else explain exactly how they did it. I'd really like to let others enjoy my town (And vice versa)

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I played with WJ yesterday. All I did was open the gate, which worked in about 30 seconds. I'm not sure what he did, because when you try to go out, that screen that shows all your friends is there, but do you have to wait for it to find people like it did with your friends in mario kart? Anyway, i'll have my gate open all day, so try to come into my town, I made a garden (unfinished).

Chill

Red
BRoomer
<3 said:
WI have a theory, The DS is connected to the internet, BUT it is spending it's time searching your friends list for people that have your friend code and won't connect to the actual WFC untill it finds one... Maybe...
Sorry but it connects to WFC even if no friends are currently on. I've connected before with out any else being connected and it just shows a blank list. As soon as someone connects their name will materialize on the list. I've even had people add me after I was already connected and had no problems.

If you are on later you can try coming to my town and we'll see what happens.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Yea, it connects then goes to a screen or opens gate... ALso, the people need to be on your friend list and you on theirs.

47689-0320-1366, Alex in Elbow... I got a new DS for christmas!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm starting to think my AC:WW is broken, I can't connect to save my life...

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I check in the guide on the page where it Kapn askes why you chose the town and it says right there:

"However you answer this question will determine where your house will be."

I must have missed this part >_>

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
<3 said:
When I restarted I picked the shop... now I actually regret it... should of picked river...

I have a theory, The DS is connected to the internet, BUT it is spending it's time searching your friends list for people that have your friend code and won't connect to the actual WFC untill it finds one... Maybe...

Can anyone who has actually played with someone else explain exactly how they did it. I'd really like to let others enjoy my town (And vice versa)
Question, how are you connected? If by a router, does it happen to be a Linksys?

By the way everyone, here's my info:

Town Name: Sairaag
Friend Code: 1804-5007-8287

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay! I got this game as an eairly Christmas gift ^_^!!

Friend Code: 3780-1878-0423
User Name: Bosh
Town Name: Rizdee

Does anyone know if they sell the DS Wireless USB router thingy at Gamestop/Wal-Mart/Best Buy/anywhere (I checked Gamestop/Wal-Mart/Best Buy websites but nada). That'd be nice to have, I don't have a wireless router thingy (it is called a wireless router... thingy... right?) it's annoying to hafta run back and forth between my house and my local McDonalds to connect to the WiFi network -_-;; (I tried to link my DS WFC ID with my Nintendo.com ID and it failed, I have my ID# I used the correct temporary name, I connected in an hour... what more do they want from me... sigh...).

If anyone has their town gates open during a certian time, would be okay if I vist? If you wanna try to vist my town, just name the date and I'll try to make it ;)!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Dreamcaster, you have to buy the router online from Nintendo's website. If I'm on tommorow I'll post here.

Pup313

Smash Rookie
meleeruler posted:
"Well now, you can go up to them and actually see what they are saying, and even have a 3 way chat with them! "

Really? I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Okay I'm working now... and yeah Misto I was running off of a linxsys router.

Officail stuffs:

Friend Code: 3393-6402-4161
Name: <3
Town: LessTown

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I just thought up a game, shovel tag.

Shovel tag:

Requirements:
3-4 people.

2 people must have an axe equppied the rest have shovels.

Objective:
The goal is for the dudes with the shovel to chop one of the guys with shovels, But this gets hard because the people with shovels can slow you down and block your path with holes. As the Axe man however you can kick dirt into holes with the B button. Fun eh?

Rules:
Axe people have to count to 20 and remain stationary while the shovel people hide.
when an Axe person gets a shovel person they imediately swich roles the new Axe person counts to 20

After the game is over all parties disconnect (without saving) so that the host town isn't screwed...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I've raced some people for money and have been having a good time with it. At first I thought it would be dumb because everyone is the same speed. It actaully takes some skill, if your running and hit a rock or a tree it really slows you down. I lost twice because of some stupid pear tree.

Anyways, I've added everyone who posted in the Online topic and am looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I did tonight. The Special Visitors FAQ at GameFAQs.com has a list of all of K.K.'s song requests, but tonight I just let K.K. decide (random). I got "Rockin' K.K.", sounds really great IMO (very "Buddy Holly-ish"/"Chuck Berry-ish"/50's jukebox rock).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was bored last night, so I booted up GC Animal Crossing, along with AC:DS and had them both do K.K. Technopop. Was kinda fun.

Any holiday related event around xmas, or is the next event new years?

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
No Jingle (and no presents... so far) in AC:WW, yeah, I think the next event is New Years...

I was bored so I made this t-shirt design:

If you're too busy (read: lazy ;)) to copy the design yourself I have it on display in my town's Mable and Sable's shop (but I prolly won't be able to connect online until 12/26). Also the colors in this example are really exagerated and it won't look this detailed, but it still works. IMO it works best as a flag, floor tile, or headgear (but it does look pretty groovy for the menu background), it's okay as a t-shirt and umbrella design (but it would be pretty cool to see town neighbors sporting this design!)

I made a blank gridsheet if anyone else wants to post their own designs...

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
Animal crossing ownz my soul, OMG.

I'm trying to collect Instruments.. Right now i have a bass, a folk guitar and an ebony piano... If anyone has instruments they want to trade for something, I'm down with that... I can get on WFC like every day and my gate is usually open in the evenings.

Town: Dali
Name: Fluffy
Friendcode: 000061327083
So there. :-D

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a (red) Electric Guitar and a (taiko) Japanese Drum. I'm looking for:

- a storage cabinet (or two... or three.. I'm currently storing my extra crap in envelopes!)
- a couch (any kind will do, couches are cool)
- a lamp (I still use a candle to light my house)
- an "upgraded" tape player (the one they give you at the game start is so plain)

I'm really fond of my Electric Guitar tough (its so cool), and I may have trouble parting with it (unless you have something that maybe tickles my fancy)...

oh yeah, here's my info again:

Friend Code: 3780-1878-0423
User Name: Bosh
Town Name: Rizdee

I can prolly meet anytime after 7pm today (12/26)...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
It's sweet when you run into somebody online without expecting it. I logged on without thinking I'd see anybody, opened my gate, and two people popped in! No one from this site, but it was so awesome, I decided to tell you about it. Go online as often as possible, 'cuz you never know who'll pop up!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
DreamCaster said:
I'm really fond of my Electric Guitar tough (its so cool), and I may have trouble parting with it (unless you have something that maybe tickles my fancy)...
You could just go and order another one from Nook to sell/give/trade.

Top Bottom