• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

M.K

Level 55
For me, I like to start off fresh and new. I like to be the one with 34 bells, a bee-stung face, and blue and panda furniture in the corners of my room until I can get myself together, murder my neighbors, then claim their insurance bells to pay off my loan.

=D

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They showcased it as a party game, because that's the main "innovation" added to it, but that does not restrict it to that type of game. It's obvious that AC:CF can be played solo just like the original AC in just about every regard, with great, new features. It's made so that it can be played both off and online. No need to gripe over it. If ye hate a peripheral or feature, just ignore it.
Well, I was talking about the WiiSpeak more than anything, but I'm not really bothered by how things (except for the WiiSpeak) were meant to be used. It's the attitude that irks me. Most games on the Wii can be enjoyable with only one player, but they seem to further the experience for multiple players, and some games are not enjoyable without more than one person (Brawl isn't, at least not for me).

But overall, as I said, it's their attitude that irks me. Like everyone can (and should) play with multiple people at the drop of a hat. The WiiSpeak being meant for "a room of people" screams this.

Oh god, shoot me now.

The game's been renamed (in Australia only, so concider yourself lucky) to "Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city!"

Sigh...
Yeah, I saw that. That sucks, man.
...That reminds me of the Robin Sparkles song...

§leepy God

Smash Master
lol, did they change the name of the game as well? But still, this game looks better then the last two AC's so I'll really going to get this game. But thing I hope is that getting a lot of bell's is just the same way as the one on GC.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I'm hoping they add something that makes it still really fun to play, even after you customize your man-room (face it, every guy in here will make that one room they'd love to have) and pay off your house.

Not that it isn't still fun afterward, I just yearn for a goal in a game.

I forget, they said they'd keep adding furniture and clothes thru dl right? think they could add more fish/bugs/events?

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
How about posters? (Hope no one has suggested this lol)

It'd be cool to make your own posters, not wall paper style, I mean a foot by foot poster in your house, like how you could erect posts around the town and stick your design on them.

And I hope you don't have to live in the same house as the other people playing on your wii, that'd make me seriously consider not getting it =/

Or get a new wii xD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Each player will have their own house, like the GC version.

Posters would be a nice touch, had a few textures in myy DS house on the picture stand.

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
I think im just really excited for the online play, with the Wiispeak and all that. I think i might want that for christmas. That, and Sonic Chronicles.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
Cooking would be awesome. I love recipes in games for some reason. Can't wait for this! :"}
That would be awesome!
Actually use those fruits for something!

I think there should be more enviremental objects. Like playing ping pong, with your friends on wifi!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Naturally, I'm looking forward to this, but not by too much. I forgot the last time I played my other two Animal Crossing games...

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I have a question, in the DS version you could put patterns on the outside ground of your town. Has this featrure returned? That made your town extremely unique and was one of the greatest additions in the DS game.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hey, the Animal Crossing+ WiiSpeak deal is not $70 it is $60 woo!
Really? :D That's great news for me due to me needing more money to buy game's before Christmas come's. This game looks like it will last longer then the other Animal Crossing combind.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
It seems a lot of people are angry pretty angry about how it looked at E3

For anyone who thinks this, it was only a demo!

I trust you Ninty.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
20 more days till release. Or something around those lines.

Has anyone ever announced that this game will have the Animal Crossing music from the GC on it?

The WW music annoyed me too much, and so did the gameplay of it itself.

I really hope this game ends up being better than it's predecessor. I'd also like for more bag space but I already saw gameplay so it won't matter much.
That's all the I really want so far. I'm glad they have the hat/glasses system still, the only new thing I liked a lot about WW, even along with a new Sleeves system where you can change pretty much all of what you wear. Now that's variety IMO.

I don't know if I should abuse the game clock this system around or not though. I am not doing it in WW, but did it heavily in the GC version (went through 15days each day). As long as I'm starting the game at the end of the year. I'll be starting in late November in fact, so this is definitely and upside to the game and a reason not to abuse it too much. At least I'm not starting in the boring months.

*shouts*
Yes, I can have my own house now for each character! Finally. I'm seriously getting hyped up over something that might be nothing.

I really want this to be good though, and nothing too childish. At least not as childish as WW.

edit: and please Lawd let me ask for jobs instead of being randomly asked for them, that's another thing I hated about WW. =/ It was too annoying being asked the SAME job over again when I could never complete it (getting a Chocomint shirt..)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If they have almost the same beat as Animal Crossing or better than I will jump with joy playing this game. I should get this game before Wario Land Shake it.

Edited: Aw, I forget to make Lip run. ^_^;

urdailywater

Smash Hero
No point in this, since nobody seems to care about it much anymore.

Has anyone seen the videos of Let's go to the City? Haven't they been released in Europe yet, or not? I'm still anxious to see some gameplay videos, but am not having much luck.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
No point in this, since nobody seems to care about it much anymore.

Has anyone seen the videos of Let's go to the City? Haven't they been released in Europe yet, or not? I'm still anxious to see some gameplay videos, but am not having much luck.
I don't wanna see many videos, AC:CF seems to be one of those games with few new things, so I don't wanna ruined for me

thats probly why i'm still stoked for it :chuckle:

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I don't wanna see many videos, AC:CF seems to be one of those games with few new things, so I don't wanna ruined for me

thats probly why i'm still stoked for it :chuckle:

Maybe that's the same for me. I don't know though. I don't think I can wait, if I have to my head'll explode. I'll probably head to bed or something >.<

But as long as the Cabin set is in the game then I'm set. I don't care much for the Nintendo sets myself, although I won't shun them because I want big points with the HRA :laugh:

That's how I got up to the 120,000 point mark in the GC version. Code system ftw.

Amide

Smash Lord
Code system is dumb. What's the satisfaction of getting a good score if all you have to do is enter a code?

Lovely

Smash Lord
Code system is dumb. What's the satisfaction of getting a good score if all you have to do is enter a code?
How will that lower the score when it's a system thing?

Anywho, I can't wait to get this game. I'm still kind of shocked that the US is getting this game first, but then again, Kirby Super Star Ultra is still not out in Japan.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Umm, doesn't Japan already have the game? Maybe I'm wrong but I could've sworn I saw videos of it.

Unless you're talking about another country.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Japan don't get the game until four days after we do. SHOCKER!!! XD

They got Animal Crossing and Wild World before we did, but were getting City Folk first this time.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Lots of the TL boards are getting the game. Hopefully I have lots of peoples on my FC on the first day it's released.

12 more days guys. November 16th. Hallelujah.

The graphics are pretty amazing for the game. More reason to love it. Although Gracie having her own store isn't my cup of tea. I'll probably not visit it too much, I hate her so much. >.>

Ramboknife

Smash Cadet
Little Big Planet is probably going to take up all of my time for a while, but I'll be sure to pick this one up eventually.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Most likley you'll have to get both, but I could be wrong. All I have to say is how many fish and bugs you have to collect in this one? Wild World was hard and made me have to go back in time to get all of them... yes that hard. =/

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it'll be like Brawl, if you want to send snapshots you need the Wii code- and the friend code to visit towns.

edit: Some information for those who want to know.

Somewhat expected spoilers in these videos, so if you're saving yourself for the actual thing then don't watch.

Japanese Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGd3hg92qlU
The All Loving Museum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FYJYX_zliw
And 10 minutes of the game..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7C95gcio-0

Some suggest that Nintendo dumped the entire soundtrack or music files within the game, mainly because of this video trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQNHW9vbuuk

I really hope they insert a new and better soundtrack, especially for the holidays. Like you would here in original Animal Crossing for 64/GC.

Greatest music ever.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/accityfolk
for those who don't know he tries to keep up with the game daily so..

Nipaa~!

M.K

Level 55
That Japanese trailer is just awesome!
When you say they "dumped" the soundtrack, are you saying that they will make new music for this game?
If so, then that's WONDERFUL!!!

urdailywater

Smash Hero
When you say they "dumped" the soundtrack, are you saying that they will make new music for this game?
If so, then that's WONDERFUL!!!
Hopefully. If they recycled the music from Wild World with no alterations then I would be so mad. They didn't do that AC GC --> AC:WW so I don't see it really happening here.

edit: One more thing, it's been confirmed that the GameCube controller can't be used in this game, so I'd best get me some new batteries I guess. *sigh*

Top Bottom