• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Analyze the video!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I was thinking of making this thread to analyze the video that was released for important information.

Until now all I was able to tell was that Super Armor is back, I will watch the video again once its back up and continue to see what I can tell from it. If anybody wants to help they can.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
New changes to old characters I noticed..

-BOWSER HAS A NEW ****ING DROP KICK
-Pit cannot instantly go into flight mode off the ground
-Pit has a new firey uppercut looking move.
-Kirbys down-b can turn him into a thwomp
-BOWSER HA S A ****ING DROP KICK, YOU GUYS!

That's all I saw relating to the old characters that have changed gameplay wise.
Also, is it me or does it look like samus put's alot more REACH into her A moves?

lami

Smash Journeyman
It looks like different parts of Skyloft were shown, so perhaps it's a moving stage a la Delfino?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
pikachu lost weight
Yea.
Pikachu confirmed to be atleast 20% cuter with brighter colors.

Fox's "firefox" looks a lot cooler visually, but still looks really easy to interrupt. Ahhh.

So anyone else notice Toon Link in the train stage? Looks like he's part of the stage.
I hope he's still playable. ****, if he is then Toon link confirmed to have Train conductor alternative outfit. <3

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I saw a lot of things, and I'm going to include stuff seen in the screenshots on the site here...

Pit also has a sword move so I'm wondering if his moveset will see a substantial rework to incorporate KI:U weapons.

Villager is the only character we haven't seen in 3DS. Here's what I can make out from him:

-Some tree chopping move that looks stupidly disjointed, probably an fsmash.
-A slingshot projectile.
-A pretty large for his body size punch that I assume is ftilt.
-Some ability to spawn random objects, probably as another projectile.
-A very fast burying move.
-A net is shown in his artwork and in the cutscenes, but I don't remember seeing it in gameplay.

In general villager seems like one of the smaller characters, and he seems to move decently fast. This character is going to be crazy obnoxious when played right, and I love it.

We saw a lot of Megaman's moveset...

-We saw him doing his standard buster like you'd expect, and he can charge it, but he was never seen moving and charging simultaneously.
-He has his classic slide, if it's a down tilt it's going to be one of the best dtilts.
-He has a very Street Fighter-esque uppercut. Utilt?
-Metal Blade is in the game but wasn't seen in real gameplay.
-Crash Bomb was usable on the ground, fired a linear projectile that stuck to the target and exploded shortly later. Mega Man did a happy pose when Kirby got blown up so this move might have a ton of commitment to it, or it might be a flavor animation that can be interrupted; it's not clear.
-Leaf shield was used in the air, but it was seen to be shot forward from the ground (so a two stage attack). This is probably a special move.
-Hard Knuckle was only used in the air, and it fired a projectile straight down. Dair?
-Flame Sword and Slash Claw were used in the air and looked a whole lot like a fair and bair respectively.
-Spark Shock looks very similar to Mewtwo's usmash from melee and is probably Mega Man's usmash.
-Super Arm is obviously just his grab; it has a very amusing animation. His uthrow appears to send the victim straight up (like most but not all uthrows).
-Flame Blast was also confirmed but wasn't seen in actual gameplay.
-Rush was seen in the form of Rush Coil, but he was never seen being summoned, only already present.

This character looks like a massive pile of disjoints and projectiles, and being about Mario sized is nice for that playstyle. I can easily envision this character being all about defense and being very hard to approach which works great for me, but I'm not sure most of the people who are excited for Mega Man have quite pieced that together yet (that he's going to be one of the "lame" characters playstyle wise).

If the move in the third Samus screenshot is usmash, it will hit a larger area than it has in previous games as she's aiming pretty close to horizontal there. It could also be an added fire effect to up angled fsmash; that move is kinda ambiguous.

Bowser Bomb in particular seemed much faster than it has been before. The whole game seems faster than Brawl, but this move seems sped up beyond that.

The Wii U stages are Battlefield, Skyloft, a new Smashville (different background characters at least), Wily's Castle, and a boxing arena that could be Punch Out! based, could be the new Final Destination, or could be any number of things really. We didn't really see any stage geography (platforms etc.) on any of the Wii U stages except for Battlefield's classic platforms; the lay-outs of these stages are very unclear. 3DS appears to use completely different stages, but I don't terribly care to list them out.

That's all I have for now. There was a lot to take in.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Looks like they went back to meele airdodge.
http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg

Didn't Mario dodge like that in Brawl too? I haven't played in a year so I don't remember.

Yea, so Bowser lost his F-Air apparently? (I loved Bowser's F-Air :(. although the drop kick looks good)

Pit's Up B is much, much faster (Or what I think is his Up B)

Anyone else notice that there seems to be less end-lag overall after moves? I seem to see characters attacking in a faster succession than Brawl, although it might just be the specific moves they are using have low lag.

Bowser's Side B is deffinately back too, as shown in one of the pictures in the site.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Megaman's happy pose if Crash Bomb hits is probably the same idea as Snake fist-pumping or whatever he does when the Homing Missile hits successfully.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
-Crash Bomb was usable on the ground, fired a linear projectile that stuck to the target and exploded shortly later. Mega Man did a happy pose when Kirby got blown up so this move might have a ton of commitment to it, or it might be a flavor animation that can be interrupted; it's not clear.
I suspect that was a taunt :p.
-Rush was seen in the form of Rush Coil, but he was never seen being summoned, only already present.
Rush is also seen next to other characters so I suspect he is an AT and was shown to hype Megaman even more

Bowser Bomb in particular seemed much faster than it has been before. The whole game seems faster than Brawl, but this move seems sped up beyond that.
I don't know about hitstun or hitlag but I could definitely see faster attack animations across the board. (I also think ending hitlag has been reduced, but I can't really tell and it might just be the faster animations tricking my mind)

The Wii U stages are Battlefield, Skyloft, a new Smashville (different background characters at least), Wily's Castle, and a boxing arena that could be Punch Out! based, could be the new Final Destination, or could be any number of things really. We didn't really see any stage geography (platforms etc.) on any of the Wii U stages except for Battlefield's classic platforms; the lay-outs of these stages are very unclear. 3DS appears to use completely different stages, but I don't terribly care to list them out.

That's all I have for now. There was a lot to take in.
The Punch Out Stage looks awesome, looks very Final Destination like and it gives the feeling of a big competion

TreK

Is "that guy"
DK's upB seems to be tilted.
Villager's upB seems to be balloons
There's a Wily Fortress stage, or at least boss battle place.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Shielding seems to be brawlish, bowser PSes Mario upsmash in a very similar fashion to brawl.

I saw that too, but I am still unsure about it as that scene was a bit more animated than actual gameplay.

On another note, I think character intros might make an appearance again seeing how Megaman warps in right after the "Joins the Battle" screen. He warps in on actual gameplay on the Willy Stage.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Looks like Bowser runs now instead of sliding. Near the end before the Mega Man portion it looks like Bowser is making a full sprint towards Mario before the drop kick.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that noticed that Yoshi was the only character of the original eight that wasn't in the trailer? I found that a little odd to say the least...

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Here's what I'm thinking Villager's moveset is so far.
-Tree Chop= F smash
-Shovel= Side special
-Boxing Glove= F tilt
-Balloon Fight= U special
-Fireworks= U smash
-Projectile Grab= N special
-Pot/trip= Dash attack
-Slingshot= F air
-Bowling Ball= D special/D smash

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
The pace of the game is at least as fast as Brawl. I've had a hunch it's going to be slightly more competitive, in that they're doing things in an odds/even pattern sort of way:
SSB, fair pace.
SSBM, new mechanics and faster, more competitive pace.
SSBB, toned back a bit on the complexity, fairer pace.
SSB4, new mechanics (or same) and more competitive pace.

But it looks like a lot has been copied directly from Brawl, so it is likely the same with tweaks. I'm hoping they introduce new useful things (that don't interfere negatively with the gameplay), such as how Brawl introduced ledge grabbing from both sides.

Did anyone notice how Pit has a new weapon of some kind in some of the screens?
Me and a friend of mine are suspecting that "customization" could mean characters will have alternative movesets/equipment, indicated by Pit's new weapon, Villager's unusually wide variety of attacks/features, and Mega Man having so many different powers.

I think it's also safe to say there's going to be a new adventure mode, and it will be ****ing amazing. The 3ds footage showed a brief clip of Mario jumping extremely high, but in a large area with no foes and only platforms. Not to mention Mega Man fighting Yellow Devil. I had also suspected they were going to use real CGI this time for cutscenes (not just slightly nicer renders of in game assets). That has been confirmed (and it looks fantastic), so god knows what kind of unbelievably awesome cinematics the adventure mode will have this time around.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Am I the only one that noticed that Yoshi was the only character of the original eight that wasn't in the trailer? I found that a little odd to say the least...
Holy crap you're right!
How the f#@$ did I miss this!?!
Still think Pit deserves his spot more.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Looks like Bowser runs now instead of sliding. Near the end before the Mega Man portion it looks like Bowser is making a full sprint towards Mario before the drop kick.

I think that part of the trailer was mostly animated and we cannot be 100% sure.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
I hope that means they're working hard to recreate his character and give him completely new moves.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap you're right!
How the f#@$ did I miss this!?!
Still think Pit deserves his spot more.
That's exactly what I'm saying! I didn't realize it until I went through all the characters that were revealed. I really hope he's still in though. He's definitely deserves to be.

I hope that means they're working hard to recreate his character and give him completely new moves.
We can only hope. Hopefully it's not because they're making him into a yarn version...Lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Looks like they went back to meele airdodge.
http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg

Concidering both Melee and Brawl Mario used the same animation, there's no way to tell from a static screenshot.

Villager is the only character we haven't seen in 3DS.

Huh, you're right. Not even a screenshot on the Dojo. Sakurai did talk about wanting a way to link the 3DS and Wii U versions. Maybe as a bonus, we could upload our own villager from AC on 3DS.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Did anyone notice how Pit has a new weapon of some kind in some of the screens?
Me and a friend of mine are suspecting that "customization" could mean characters will have alternative movesets/equipment, indicated by Pit's new weapon, Villager's unusually wide variety of attacks/features, and Mega Man having so many different powers.
Animal Crosser doesn't have a wide variety of attacks in my opinion. Bowling Ball, Tree Cutter, Balloon Hat, Pot Trip and Boxing Glove. Down B, Side B, Up B, Dash Attack and Side Smash, they seem pretty standard to me.

Pit will probably have many of his moves changed to reflect his new game, he will probably use weapons and abilities that he did not have before as that game did not even exist, I believe that weapon (I haven't played Uprising I don't know what it is) was his new Up-Smash. His Up B seems to have been changed too, it is much faster and just gives him a big boost in a diagonal direction, looks pretty sweet.

Megaman is the one I am still trying to figure out, he has a huge variety of attacks, either every single one of his tilts and smashes will be based on a different ability acquired from an enemy in his series (And every ability we saw is a different tilt, special or smash) or he might have different "stances" if you will, changing a stance (Down B?) changes some of his smashes and specials.

He might also be customizable as you are saying and you can change his moves before fighting but that seems more unlikely to me.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
New changes to old characters I noticed..

-BOWSER HAS A NEW ****ING DROP KICK
-Pit cannot instantly go into flight mode off the ground
-Pit has a new firey uppercut looking move.
-Kirbys down-b can turn him into a thwomp
-BOWSER HA S A ****ING DROP KICK, YOU GUYS!

That's all I saw relating to the old characters that have changed gameplay wise.
Also, is it me or does it look like samus put's alot more REACH into her A moves?
Made this Gif for my main man, Bowser.

And I can destroy with Bowser on 3DS? Heck yeah!

His run animation was changed? No longer the fortess-style slide? That's a welcome change.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think I found a new advanced technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBUX-vemIvI&feature=youtu.be

It looks like you could be able to cancel landed hits to stronger moves, sort of like in street fighters.

That was one of the things I noticed that made animations look like they were really fast. Nothing you can confirm yet though, it might just be that Samus' Fsmash animation got much, much faster (by cutting some of the uneccesary things she did with her arm).

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Tree cutter is probably a Special where he first place the tree then can cut it down, since in this picture the tree is there but no Villager.

Other things I saw
- Gerudo Valley
- Mario Stage
- Nintendogs stage
- something i think is a DK stage

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I noticed there were no Wii U pictures of the Villager on the site. Every other character has both Wii U and 3DS pictures. Maybe the Village is a Wii U exclusive character?

Also, I like that they did a little nod to Balloon Fight with the Villager. I never BF merited its own character.

But those boxing gloves better not mean Little Mac got shafted. Is there a boxing mini game in an Animal Crossing game I don't know about (besides Punch Out)?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I don't know about you guys, but I play Project M and the falling speed seems to be much more reminiscent of Melee. I told folks that Sakurai released a statement where he said that he loved Melees playstyle over Brawl, this could be a return of Melees physics style. I also noticed that in the clip before the Villager netted Mario, Mario seems to have pulled a DACUS on Bowsers sheild before that drop-kick punish. Due to the Wii U attempting to net the core gamers again, this may be an attempt at Melee's faster, offensive pace. (Yes, I know you can DACUS in Brawl)

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I never did like Bowser's non-run in Melee and Brawl. I like that change.

I also like that Link is still Twilight Princess Link and not Skyward Sword Link. I hated Skyward Sword.

Here's what I observed of Megaman:
God, they captured Mega Man perfectly. The original Mega Man too. Not X. The one I wanted.

The beam in entrance. The big head. The big eyes (I love that they are glowing screens). The near expressionless face (he actually looks like a robot). The stubby body. His dog, Rush. The sound effects. The effing exploding death sound effect! The music. Dr. Willy's Castle. The robot masters' moves. Projectile heavy play style. Even the Mega Buster looks straight out of the 8-bit Mega Man, with the subtle black outline.

HE'S PERFECT!

Also, the sparking and scratches. I did see Mario loose his hat once too. Visible battle damage confirmed?

These are the moves I observed in the trailer, with likely inputs:

Mega Man Moves:

B Moves
Neutral B: Mega Buster
Hold B: Charge Buster
Up B: Rush Bounce
Forward B: Metal Blade (CAN YOU THROW IT DIRECTIONALLY LIKE IN MEGA MAN 2?!!!)
Alt (Smash?) Forward B: Crash Bomber
Down B: Leaf Shield

Aerials
A Air: Slash Claw
Forward A Air: Flame Sword
Down A Air: Hard Knuckle

Up A: Uppercut
Smash Up A: Dark Shock
Smash Forward A: Slide Kick
Grab: Super Arm

Final Smash: Flame Blast

Taunt or Idle animation: Buster c*ck. C*ck is not profanity in this case, dammit.

His page: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mega_man.html

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
It's incredible that Mega Man made it. I wonder who could the next third party newcomer be.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man Moves:​
B Moves​
Neutral B: Mega Buster​
Hold B: Charge Buster​
Up B: Rush Bounce​
Forward B: Metal Blade (CAN YOU THROW IT DIRECTIONALLY LIKE IN MEGA MAN 2?!!!)​
Alt (Smash?) Forward B: Crash Bomber​
Down B: Leaf Shield​
Aerials​
A Air: Slash Claw​
Forward A Air: Flame Sword​
Down A Air: Hard Knuckle​
Up A: Uppercut​
Smash Up A: Dark Shock​
Smash Forward A: Slide Kick​
Grab: Super Arm​
Final Smash: Flame Blast​
Taunt or Idle animation: Buster c*ck. C*ck is not profanity in this case, dammit.​
His forward smash is his charged buster shot, and his slide kick seems to be his down-tilt. Watch this video @ 4:00.

http://youtu.be/vQD1yJinzeQ?t=4m1s

Top Bottom