• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

an URGENT PLEA & interesting 'discovery'

j3ly

Smash Champion
please.. anyone with AR upload a full set of marios moves ( one in the middle of stage one at the edge) with the hitboxes visible! it will be so beneficial to so many people!!

moving on.. im PRETTY **** sure marios bair has a disjoint. ive never seen it spaced how i spaced it today (probably a good reason, its stupidly hard & probably impractical to try and perform on a consistent basis) and im near sure that there is a little disjoint. again, AR would teach many of us much more about mario.

dare i predict my call will go totally unheard though. :'(

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
keep fighting the good fight, jelly. I'll check in training to see if I see there is a DH somewhere.

HiIH

Smash Lord
There's a download link somewhere that has everyone's hitboxes in a program and such.

I remember it's gigantic, but I can't remember what it's called.

j3ly

Smash Champion
once again u help me out, thats all the info i need :)

BTW im not going to post it publicaly, due to prying eyes in the london scene. PM me and ill hook anyone up who needs hooking up (once i find it)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
seanson's hitbox project was not finished. it did not include mario. it does however include dr. mario. i can hook people up w/ it if they want for reference, it's mostly accurate, sans fsmash and the specials.

j3ly

Smash Champion
appreciated but I for one will pass on that, ill get AR myself and maybe even release a hitbox project for everyone else.

j3ly

Smash Champion
directly side on, seemed to be the utmost limit of the move. my parents are back from holiday now so i might try too see if i can reproduce it. Im not too sure on the limitations of disjoints - jiggz bair has a disjoint so does that mean our bairs will clank/trade with it? just a thought. At any rate if what i believe to be the signs of a disjoint are correct - this move is disjointed, if only slightly.

goin by that post that priority doesnt exist (vids or it didnt happen - i would need to see a video of something like marios fair going through peaches fair) it would make sense that, properly spaced, this move goes through or clanks/trades with jigz bair. again its just a thought.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
priority isn't a coded concept, it's existence is purely due to the differences in hitbox size between moves and frame advantage.
edit: if puff spaces/times it really badly mario can... but not really.

tubes

Smash Ace
Forget mario, Roy's hitboxes should have been completed a long time ago! I wanna see just where the spike on his Dair and up smash is. **** is so mysterious.

j3ly

Smash Champion
priority isn't a coded concept, it's existence is purely due to the differences in hitbox size between moves and frame advantage.
edit: if puff spaces/times it really badly mario can... but not really.
yeah the post said that, the one i was talkin about

Mario's bair can't beat jigglypuff's bair. Jigglypuff's whole leg is disjointed and has a bigger hitbox size while mario's is not that disjointed if any.
the whole leg... whaaaat! no! i didnt know.

Roy dude - the hitbox for spike is directly in line horizontally with the hilt of his blade, goes to about halfway through the swords hitbox

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if mario's bair is even slightly disjointed it isn't enough for it to matter like at all - you're either going to just be hitting/getting blocked or you're going to trade at that range - same as if you'd just spaced it and it wasn't disjointed.

j3ly

Smash Champion
dammit. maybe i need to do some looking into spacing mechanics, i hope there are threads about them

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
It would let him space like a mother****er. Bair-waveland would become a good idea again. He's not rising on the tier list or anything, but he might become a tad better in tourney

I like it, jelly. Figure it out.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Mario is under used like most people look around you WILL find stuff if you look just don't quit. I have found a LOT of stuff for pichu that no one ever knew like peach/zedla can't grab pichu when he is jabing or ducking(wait I just got a new great idea) giving you a bit more power when you are sheild pressureing her

HiIH

Smash Lord
Hitting the bair isn't the problem. It's not getting punished in your waveland. That means you have to have enough knockback/hitstun/notmarth to Shbawl without getting your **** rocked.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i told you, im not telling anyone that because if it gets out its potential catastrophe in a certain situation. theres a small chance youll see later today anyway lol, youll know when it happens :(

i never noticed it before until i died twice in 10 seconds, to be fair i was trying to be cheeky at the time but still. Lips pursed ^^

Top Bottom