• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An unfortunate story

stingers

Smash Obsessed
we should start hosting melee on saturdays again in order to prevent any knorr vs. bill fights

i mean melee was saturday every other billfest, and afaik knorr never hit bill at those.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
You're missing the point B_awal. I think you just read that one line of what I wrote and that was it.
I GOT THE POINT, my only point is that in the future if some1 pays money ASAP this stuff would never HAPPEN AGAIN.

As far as ur situation is concerned, Ur the victim and I understand that. Knorr was in the wrong and U were in the right.

I'm not disagreeing w/ anything U say. I'm jus sayin that 2 prevent it in the future so that NO1 EVER has this problem again.

Apparently ur not readin wut I put :psycho:

but yeah, I agree w/ U 100%

Pi

Smash Hero
I GOT THE POINT, my only point is that in the future if some1 pays money ASAP this stuff would never HAPPEN AGAIN.

As far as ur situation is concerned, Ur the victim and I understand that. Knorr was in the wrong and U were in the right.

I'm not disagreeing w/ anything U say. I'm jus sayin that 2 prevent it in the future so that NO1 EVER has this problem again.

Apparently ur not readin wut I put :psycho:

but yeah, I agree w/ U 100%
As great as your solution is, another solution would be to not go around attacking people who ask you to wait for a minute while they finish a conversation.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I think that the reasons for me not paying him immediately were legitimate and therefore it was an acceptable response for me to ask him to wait, in my opinion. It seems that we disagree on whether it was acceptable or not and thats fine.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
As great as your solution is, another solution would be to not go around attacking people who ask you to wait for a minute while they finish a conversation.
OK FINE!!!

the solutions 2 all MM problems

If u win, b patient to get ur money

If U lose, give the money away asap

Deal?

I think that the reasons for me not paying him immediately were legitimate and therefore it was an acceptable response for me to ask him to wait, in my opinion. It seems that we disagree on whether it was acceptable or not and thats fine.
OMFG!!!

I said

"I GOT THE POINT, my only point is that in the future if some1 pays money ASAP this stuff would never HAPPEN AGAIN.

As far as ur situation is concerned, Ur the victim and I understand that. Knorr was in the wrong and U were in the right. "

Do u see where I drew the line? In ur situation U were in the right My solution was for situations in the future and thats the easiest way to deal w/ people like knorr

WHAT U DID WAS ACCEPTABLE = U WERE IN THE RIGHT{Which is what I was saying the entire time}

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
AWAL just stfu.

This is crazy. If I would have been there Knorr would have been pinned on the ground and completely immobilized in less than a ****ing second.

I've known Knorr for years and I'm cool with him, but yeah.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Basically this dude is right. I dont care how long you've known the guy, MONEY.....is something you don't toy around with. Even though it was only $10, money is money.

In the words of Faizon Love from the move "Friday":

"Toying with my money, is like toying with my emotions."

You could've even took the money out your pocket WHILE you were talking to Karn.

Rayku

Smash Lord

However, KNORR WAS STILL IN THE WRONG BCUZ HE SHOULD HAVE HAD PATIENCE
AWAL, if you agree with him why did you even say anything?

Like, your statement is valid, but that's kind of understood.

tl;dr@AWAL: Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhh

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Basically this dude is right. I dont care how long you've known the guy, MONEY.....is something you don't toy around with. Even though it was only $10, money is money.

In the words of Faizon Love from the move "Friday":

"Toying with my money, is like toying with my emotions."

You could've even took the money out your pocket WHILE you were talking to Karn.
Take a seat. Knorr freaked on Bill, nuff said. I know **** well Bill would've given him the money.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol, ur so lost. that knorr attacked him for no good reason meant that knorr was in a weird state of mind. anything could have provoked violence in that case and giving the money away right away is not really the true solution to the violence.

the fact is that you cannot rationalize knorr's actions because they were not rational

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Take a seat. Knorr freaked on Bill, nuff said. I know **** well Bill would've given him the money.
yeah i know he would've given him the money. Im just sayin, it only takes a second to reach in your pocket. He didn't have to tell knorr to "hold on"....even though knorr did freak out irrationally.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Red Marth was a pretty funny sitaution....even though i was asleep when it happened, but i heard about it for like a week straight LOL

B_AWAL

Smash Master
AWAL, if you agree with him why did you even say anything?

Like, your statement is valid, but that's kind of understood.

tl;dr@AWAL: Duuuuuuuuuhhhhhh
Ok, 4 U Rayku and every1 else who doesn't get it....

I'm merely stating - 4 future references jus hand ova da money asap if u lose. if U win then plz respectfully wait until u get ya money. cuz @ da end of da day if u follow those guidelines then there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY A PROBLEM COULD OCCUR IN THE FUTURE

fair?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Ok, 4 U Rayku, and every1 else who doesn't get it....
No, I do get it. I'm not mentally ill.

It's just that everything you're saying is already understood, so pretty much you're essentially spamming >.>

lord karn

Smash Master
I think something that is important to point out is that it was probably not about the money for Knorr. He told me that he planned on giving me the money if I won the mms, anyways. I think that Knorr thought that Bill was out of line when he refused to give the money him after asking a few times. I'd also like to point out that Bill and I had already been arguing about the matchup and our discussion seemed to reach a standstill. Seeing as I've already pointed out that Knorr really doesn't like Bill, he was probably looking for a fight. Essentially, the way I see the situation is this:

Bill should have given the money to Knorr when Knorr asked for it, because when you owe someone money, it's up to them when they collect. Bill was in the wrong here.

Knorr should NOT have attacked Bill after Bill did not give Knorr the money, though. Violence is rarely an acceptable response to something. Instead, Knorr should have talked to Bill and explained to him why he has to give up the money when he's asked for it. I know that I would have backed Knorr up in this discussion if it were to have happened instead of a fight. But Knorr attacked him before trying to reason with him, essentially making the wrong response to Bill's original 'wrong.' Knorr is in the wrong here because he made a bad reaction.

So both players in this event were in the wrong at some point. I personally think that Knorr's wrong was a much bigger wrong than Bill's. Violence is not usually an acceptable response to disagreement. I just think it's important to know that there was at least a reason why Knorr attacked Bill. It was just a really bad reason.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So both players in this event were in the wrong at some point. I personally think that Knorr's wrong was a much bigger wrong than Bill's. Violence is not usually an acceptable response to disagreement.

You can say that again...

I just think it's important to know that there was at least a reason why Knorr attacked Bill. It was just a really bad reason.
I agree.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
No, I do get it. I'm not mentally ill.

It's just that everything you're saying is already understood, so pretty much you're essentially spamming >.>
I offered a solution of advice and explained why that solution was wut shud b dun in the future. but w/e Yes Rayku, if that helps the convo end I'm spamming k? SH@T

I jus hope this ish doesn't happen again cuz I wouldn't like 4 dis ish 2 happen @ a tourey I'm @.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I think Knorr just wanted to be violent and to a certain extent it was outside of my control. When I realized what the situation had turned into I tried several times to give him his money. I even tried to give him his money before he tackled me and while he was choking me.

DC

Smash Cadet
Ay yo ay yo me and Zero Gamer got yo back *****. We'll **** a ***** up if he tries you again ya feel me??

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I think Knorr just wanted to be violent and to a certain extent it was outside of my control. When I realized what the situation had turned into I tried several times to give him his money. I even tried to give him his money before he tackled me and while he was choking me.
Now that I'm dun defending myself I'd like to point out that Knorr is a bag...filled with douche.

In all honesty he shud have his azz kicked

Kosine

Smash Cadet
However, the point that I'm trying to make is that U jus need to HAND OVER THE MONEY IMMEDIATELY AFTER. and then there will NEVER BE A PROBLEM.
right.

additionally, there would never be another **** if the victim simply gave consent. PROBLEM SOLVED!

edit: my bad didn't know we were done ****ting all over this guy's argument.

Zone

Smash Champion
@ people saying Bill was in the wrong as well.

Even if so.

Throwing a half eaten cheese burger out the window of your car does not compare to beating a child.(Not saying you are a child bill :D).

No rational person would punch somone over 10 bucks cuz they don't want to wait. The raging anger was already probably there. And was waiting to be unleashed.

Reminds me of a story where a guy stole a guy's Xbox and Clothes and the owner confronted the thief. The Thief kills the owner of the materials. Media was trying to say "Man killed man over Xbox360." No... That man was going to kill someone eventually while stealing. That time someone finally confronted him and it was time for him to use his gun. That guy was just unlucky to be the one who surfaced the anger/attack.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
right.

additionally, there would never be another **** if the victim simply gave consent. PROBLEM SOLVED!

edit: my bad didn't know we were done ****ting all over this guy's argument.
Ur analogy failed just as bad as my bank analogy :laugh:

Wen u win a MM u've earned the money. So out of respect U jus give away the money wen u lose cuz U lost it.

Answer this question Kosine...

Will there ever b any issue over a MM about Money if the loser hands over the money decided upon immediately after they lose?

If U can seriously answer yes, ur F@CKin ********.

@ ZONE - DUDE WE WERE SUPPOSED 2 Melee MM!!! I had 5 bucks in my POCKET READY 2 HAND 2 U LOL :-p

Kosine

Smash Cadet
Ur analogy failed just as bad as my bank analogy :laugh:

Wen u win a MM u've earned the money. So out of respect U jus give away the money wen u lose cuz U lost it.

Answer this question Kosine...

Will there ever b any issue over a MM about Money if the loser hands over the money decided upon immediately after they lose?

If U can seriously answer yes, ur F@CKin ********.
you sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

i have no retort.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
This is like Red Marth all over again.
**** it BEHR I came into this thread to say that (I saw him the other day, btw...)
except this is less funny for you guys. kinda like how red marth wasn't as funny for us cause... we knew the guy and had to ride home with him, etc.

Physical violence is never acceptable. That is all there is to say.

DJRome

Smash Hero
again, you're lost, dawg.

it WASN'T about the MONEY.

As zone pointed out, it would have happened over something else if not the money. the fact that money started it is irrelevant because anything could have sparked this. again, you're trying to rationalize knorr's actions

B_AWAL

Smash Master
**** it BEHR I came into this thread to say that (I saw him the other day, btw...)
except this is less funny for you guys. kinda like how red marth wasn't as funny for us cause... we knew the guy and had to ride home with him, etc.

Physical violence is never acceptable. That is all there is to say.
**** there was a Red Marth incident?

U kno its funny how I even got a link 2 this thread. Apparently this 1 guy @ my tourney kept pickin on this other guy throughout the entire tourney. Booing when he was winning and hooraying when he was losing w/ 2 other guys. And then they were arguing on the boards. Then the accused harasser said that this thread explained a situation worse than that.

lord karn

Smash Master
again, you're lost, dawg.

it WASN'T about the MONEY.

As zone pointed out, it would have happened over something else if not the money. the fact that money started it is irrelevant because anything could have sparked this. again, you're trying to rationalize knorr's actions
You're right that this wasn't about the money and that it probably would have happened eventually anyways (assuming Bill and Knorr interacted enough times in the future for there to be a chance). However, the reason Knorr wanted to fight Bill was because Knorr really doesn't like Bill. The whole thing that happened with the money in this situation, to Knorr, was exemplary of the reasons why he doesn't like Bill.

Knorr was definitely wrong to attack Bill, but it seems to me that he did have a reason, even if it was a really bad one.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Looking back at my previous post, I realized that I snapped and raged a bit. sorry about that.

But my stance on this is still the same.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NOW! I just wanna say a few things.

I know this is a forum, but LORD! If you want to be taken seriously, learn to grammar a bit. Not too hard to ask out of you.

Also - This situation is completely unexpected. Putting hands on another person with the intent to do damage of any kind is immediately a wrong act unless it was in self defense.

And although Bill didn't pay up the moment he lost, the fact that he didn't do so is a passable and forgivable offense. You didn't come with that money. You can leave without that money. Just bug the guy for it. Eventually, you'll get it. It's how I do things. My things always work.

NOW! YOU'RE ALL WRONG AND YOU SHOULD FEEL WRONG! WE'RE SMASH BROTHERS, NOT SMASH MONSTERS.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
lol its so obvious what happened here.. someone said these two guys dont like eachother well knorr probably just made the situation into something it isnt to be able to choke bill.. basically just looking for a reason to choke.. even if its petty

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
that really is an unfortunate story. hope everything resolves itself. you're pretty much a man and a half for not striking back and not suing.

B_AWAL..... lol.

good rule is to put the money on the cube before the match starts
yeah ive always seen this happen. you put the money up first. not to say we should in any way expect something like this to go down, but you pretty much always put the money up first.

NOW! YOU'RE ALL WRONG AND YOU SHOULD FEEL WRONG! WE'RE SMASH BROTHERS, NOT SMASH MONSTERS.
this is p awesome

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
xmfd first girl topics and now ethics threads
what is smashboards coming to smashboards more like highschoolaimlogboards

Top Bottom