• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Outside of the BOX idea - Qbby for Smash Support Thread!

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
So apparently it got leaked that amiibos can be used to unlock characters and guess who has an amiibo, Qbby! Now of course Shovel Knight and Waluigi have amiibos too, but they're still in the game anyways.

If this is true and it is a thing that will be implemented in the game, then the chances of seeing Qbby in Smash have probably increased!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So apparently it got leaked that amiibos can be used to unlock characters and guess who has an amiibo, Qbby! Now of course Shovel Knight and Waluigi have amiibos too, but they're still in the game anyways.

If this is true and it is a thing that will be implemented in the game, then the chances of seeing Qbby in Smash have probably increased!
Could you provide a source for that?

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice

As much as I want Qbby to get in, I don’t really think this is accurate. I guess it’d be handy to add a character with a pre-existing amiibo, but I doubt the devs would go out of their way to add a character for their amiibo.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I wanted to stop by and give my support to Qbby. I feel like if he's not a playable fighter, he'll at least get an assist trophy.

But my support is for a playable fighter. He is adorable, and his style would be fantastically strange.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I've thought about how fun Qbby would be in Smash on more than one occasion. Of course, with the "FINALLY [Character X] that we've been asking for forever got in!" theme that seems to be going on with Ultimate, he might be kind of a pipe dream, but it doesn't hurt to dream, haha. Also, DLC. That could always happen.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I wanted to stop by and give my support to Qbby. I feel like if he's not a playable fighter, he'll at least get an assist trophy.

But my support is for a playable fighter. He is adorable, and his style would be fantastically strange.
I've thought about how fun Qbby would be in Smash on more than one occasion. Of course, with the "FINALLY [Character X] that we've been asking for forever got in!" theme that seems to be going on with Ultimate, he might be kind of a pipe dream, but it doesn't hurt to dream, haha. Also, DLC. That could always happen.
Always great to see more support for the world's cutest box.
Welcome aboard. :)

Qbby could still make it in. but you two are right that he seems more likely for an Assist trophy role or to end up as DLC given Ultimate's focus on long-time requested Newcomers.
we can still hope though. if Qbby gets in as an AT it'd still be great to see him get some recognition. but better yet, being made a playable character as DLC would be fantastic.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
Really nice moveset Drawcia. you've incorporated a lot from the series.
mind if I add this link to the first post?
Thanks! I’m fine with that.

It's nice to see that the comments are all quite positive on there. not too many people may know about the Boxboy! series, but at least people can see potential in Qbby.
Yeah, I’m pretty happy that most people aren’t writing him off and using “literally who???” as their reasoning haha.

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
My aunt surprised me wih the Qbby Amiibo, which is so amazing.

On the back of the box, I saw a poss Qbby is in which I think could be a nice Qbby render.
82CD797A-EFD5-407F-A5C8-B17ED93B7D19.jpeg

He looks so happy

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
i imagine we'll at least get a trophy of qbby but itd be nice to have a little more
Yeah, I agree. Given how limited spots are this game Qbby's chances of being playable in the base game are low. not impossible. but low.. a trophy would be pretty likely though.
He may still get in as an Asisst trophy. and if he does that would at least be some neat recognition for him. but part of me hopes he doesn't.
since it would be much easier to add him as a DLC character if all we got in the base game was a trophy.
I won't give up hope that Qbby could be playable in Smash someday!

I played the BoxBoy demo, and I thought about him being in Smash too! You've got my support!
Welcome aboard!
I hope more people out there can try out the demos and see the potential Qbby has

My aunt surprised me wih the Qbby Amiibo, which is so amazing.

On the back of the box, I saw a poss Qbby is in which I think could be a nice Qbby render.
View attachment 165200
He looks so happy
Wow! that's so awesome Drawcia! I really wanna get a Qbby amiibo for myself some day. Congrats.
and yeah, that pose could work pretty well for his render.

Last edited:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
oh my god i love this little square/cube i want him in smash I WANT HIM IN SMASH

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
Final Smash Direct this Thursday.
The fate of Qbby shall be revealed.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
we've made it this far. if he gets in. that's great. we celebrate. if he doesn't. we start spreading the word for DLC.
let's hope for the best. never give up :)

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
Checked the Smash Website. Qbby has not been deconfirmed. The dream lives on!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well based on the website non fighter amiibo can give you spirits so theres probably a qbby spirit in there

also rememeber we dont know that spirits affect dlc chances

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
well based on the website non fighter amiibo can give you spirits so theres probably a qbby spirit in there

also rememeber we dont know that spirits affect dlc chances
K. Rool has a spirit, so I think Qbby would still have a chance if he had a spirit.

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
Do y’all think Spirits deconfirm characters?
Because dataminers found a Qbby spirit.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 you're very welcome.

Sign me up for support if you will. I think Qbby would make a really cool addition to Smash.

Marx_forSSBU

Smash Rookie
Exactly. who needs to punch when you can extend a trail of boxes into someone as a battering ram!

And yeah, sadly the amiibo was pretty hard to come by. Nintendo Autralia briefly sold a limited amount on their eBay page. but sadly I missed the very narrow window of opportunity for it.
Now if I want a Qbby amiibo it'd cost me as much as 4 other amiibo. and while I'm tempted because I really like Qbby. that's a lot of money.
I am getting mine tomorrow, it cost a great sacrifice though, RIP my Wii U and its games :(

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Yup, all for crazy random obscure weird first party characters.

I’ll take em all day over any third party characters

Upon thinking about it for more than 10 seconds, I’d love to fight as a cardboard box

Last edited:

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
boxboy switch announced for an april release! holy **** i’m so happy

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
really looking forward to those qudy levels, have actually wondered what itd be like to play as him

Top Bottom