• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I'm only here for fun now...I aint saying anything anymore ever again regarding anything I may or may not know
Honestly these forums deserve such treatment. =/

But does that mean you won't confirm or deny this roster in any way if your source tells you the size?

I really don't want to accept this one. >_< But I suppose I'd be ok with it if I had too. It's got Wolf and Lucario on it. I suppose 2 out of 5 characters I wanted is good... even if one I thought was a shoe-in (Krystal) didn't make it.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
BTW, MajinNecro? I.T.C confirmed that the guy who posted the vid is not anyone well known, so treat it like a rumor, okay?

By the way, Serebii? I would love to see what your speculation of the final roster would be in your eyes. Just make sure you CLEARLY mark it as such. Nice to see you back and uncharred. Despite having critical weakness to fire and all.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Humm, well, seeing the OVERWHELMING reaction to it and the OVERWHELMING mass backing of it by proven leakers I would have to say that Im very much sure that thats the real roster.

Really, how many people b*** and moun about "random guy 3's" roster list? This is the EXACT reaction I would expect from people when a real roster with proof pops up.

Funny, everyone was saying "it could have been faked! We want vid proof!" when the pic of the screen came out. Than we got proof vid (from a crap cell phone cam) and now people are saying they want game play vids to prove thats not fake.
Lol, it's like the rost did this to everyone. . http://youtube.com/watch?v=8kChDiQVAAE

Talendime

Smash Ace
Oh if I did stuff to get back at people...I would create a Roster so perfect every fanboy would fangasm and then next week they find out they've been punk'd :p

ahhahahah that's what I said you should do!! IT WOULD BE SO FUNNY!!
I guess you can't now though...oh well..

and PS, **** you serebii

roroverma

Smash Cadet
I'm only here for fun now...I aint saying anything anymore ever again regarding anything I may or may not know
You hurt my feelings *sob*
Also, you're a rude person I've pm'ed you twice and you have given me rude answers.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Im glad Lucario was finally confirmed. I hope it gets a sick dark costume. Here's hoping for deep red and black :D

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Well this post is certainly interesting it seems we now have something that might just throw out a few people's rumors. I think this is certainly someone we should watch temporarily at least.

I can certainly see some of the reasons as to why some characters were cut at the various stages, if this one is true I'm saddened by the lack of K.Rool but it does hint his role as a boss which is just fine by me and I definately know vesper and others might not like the prospect of Claus outa here but for the most part it seems legit, or at least well written.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Aww...how can you swear at me...but I thought you loved me :( I love you! :(

:p
ahaha I was totally playin.. :laugh:

seriously though, you should have done that from the start.

I hope that guy is lying about what he wrote, because K.Rool really would have been a great addition. There really should be more heavier characters in the game- just as long as they aren't crap.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
This "leak" seems intresting.
http://www.brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1727
It's suposedly stuff that was taken out of the final game. I doubt it's real though.
Heh, I think this guys "info" is interesting for sure, and I really thought the custom moveset bit was cool, but it is incredibly unlikely that he's telling the truth, and heres why:

one, why the hell would a Nintendo employee tell us how good the game COULD HAVE BEEN? If they had grand plans for awesome game modes/characters that didn't make it in, I don't think they'd be so open about letting the fans know what they missed out on.

and two, some of this guys info is just utter crap; particularly the bit about Claus' taunt. The "physics" involved in taking off his "mask"? rofl. its an animation, which has nothing to do with game physics.

Entertaining, as many of the fake leaks/rumors are, but fake nonetheless imo.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Someone at GameFaqs (zeldafan28112) saved a couple of past "leaks", and said she came across this:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40971012

Can't/won't/don't ask about how I have this info. We all know that game by now right? Here are some things about Brawl:

- Olimar: PLAYABLE
- Ness: PLAYABLE
- Lucario: PLAYABLE
- Wolf: PLAYABLE
- Dark Samus: PLAYABLE
- Micaiah: PLAYABLE
- Geno: NOT PLAYABLE
- Isaac: NOT PLAYABLE
- Mewtwo: NOT PLAYABLE
- Roy: NOT PLAYABLE

- No more third party characters.

- Ganon's Castle will be a playable stage. It's actually very scary. Has that creepy Ganon music from Ocarina of Time in it. Do I smell Rated T for Teen???

- Mushroomy Kingdom will be a playable stage. Sidescrolling version of World 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros.

- Cool boss battle with Eggman in SSE.

This was posted by someone on December 31st on this board. I typed Hankenstein when I saved the post orginally.
What's even more scary are the posts from other people:

This is actually DOES vaguely look what I remember from around that date. I think this might be legit.
this is real i remember seein the original post
I remember the original topic, but I just flamed like everyone else.

My reason: No Isaac.
I actually remember this post O_o

REALLY hoping it's real. Dark Samus is one of my most wanted characters for Brawl...and this beats the PoS 35 character list any day.
I remember this. Also I remember that the poor guy was ridiculized. :p
I do remember a post mentioning both ganon's castle and the sidescrolling 1-1. I don't remember the character list or the name they gave the stage however... But the stage descriptions are familiar and I know i've seen them before. When I saw the update last night I was shocked and tried searching for the post but no luck.
i think i remember this post. But wasn't it in the middle of an already created thread?
I remember that post also.
Yes, I do remember this post, but I'm almost positive it was in the middle of a thread. Nice Find.
(those should do :p)

opinions?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
NOOO no no no, please. Another example of what I was talking about...

THAT IS NOT REAL. It's someone SAYING that someone else said something. They can't even prove it.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying it's real... though it possibly is. Nine people remember seeing that post back then. I'm pretty sure it was indeed posted.The question is, was it a lucky guess or a real leak?

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying it's real... though it possibly is. Nine people remember seeing that post back then. I'm pretty sure it was indeed posted.The question is, was it a lucky guess or a real leak?
I for one remember seeing it and I posted in this thread about it last night.....:laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Someone at GameFaqs (zeldafan28112) saved a couple of past "leaks", and said she came across this:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40971012

What's even more scary are the posts from other people:

(those should do :p)

opinions?
Eh, I'll bite. If multiple people can confirm this post having been posted prior to the update, it's probably legit. I can't say for sure, of course, but it would be nice to know that the 35-character roster isn't real--or at least not entirely true. ;) (I don't doubt that it's at least partially legit; but if this latest development is true as well, it probably means that the 35-character people played a limited, or at least different, build. Either way, it doesn't matter much now.)

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't remember the character list, however, i am pretty sure that i remember someone posting about the Mushromy kingdom and Ganon's castle.

I say it's real, also, it agrees with Chaossomething(dragoon guy) about each franchise having around 3 reps, by confirming Dark Samus and Micaiah. I say it's real.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hmm... I hope this interview thing is fake, because I want K. Rool playable :(

And another prophet who was right... what annoys me about it is that it's another one who deconfirmes Mewtwo... I guess we can say goodbye now.

I hope Marth isn't replaced by Micaiah...

spindash

Smash Ace
WOOT FOR NEW "PROPHET"!

Even if Geno and Mewtwo aren't in on that one. We'll have to wait and see.

Seriously, any second now. These jerks who have leaked copies of the game SHOULD give in anytime now and give us the slip of info we want. XD

0ranger

Smash Cadet
After convincing myself it was true over the past few days, I'm starting to doubt the 35 character roster. It sounds like there were legitimate leaks, but I don't think leakers played the final version. I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment... :laugh:

0ranger

Smash Cadet
After convincing myself it was true over the past few days, I'm starting to doubt the 35 character roster. It sounds like there were legitimate leaks, but I don't think leakers played the final version. I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment... :laugh:

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Oh I SO hope that Zeldafan guy is speaking the truth.

Dark Samus....

HELLZ YEAH!!!

GLORY TO THE DARK HUNTER!!!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Let me see here (Let's take into account ChaosZero, ShadowXOR and GameFaqs guy and ignore the 35 character roster for a second):
Mushroom Kingdom: 4-5 Reps (if we should keep Mushroom Kingdom's franchise amount the same as Melee)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Bowser Jr.? Paper Mario?

Zelda: 4-5 Reps (see Mario)
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link
-Vaati? Midna/Wolf Link?

Pokemon: 4 Reps
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-PT
-Lucario

StarFox: 3-4 Reps (They won't get more than Mushroom Kingdom, Zelda or Pokemon for **** sure)
-Fox
-Second Rep
-Third Rep
-Possible Fourth Rep
(Toss up among Falco, Krystal, Wolf & ROB64)

Metroid: 3 Reps MAX (Let's think about this. Sylux and the hunters aren't characters, that's a fact)
-Samus/ZSS
-Ridley
-Dark Samus

Fire Emblem: 2-3 Reps (I doubt they'll remove Marth)
-Ike
-Marth
-Micaiah

DK: 2-3 Reps
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool (if you think Dixie's going here, you're out of your **** mind)

Earthbound: 2-3 Reps
-Lucas
-Ness
-Claus? Porky?

Kirby: 3 Reps
-Kirby
-Meta-Knight
-King Dedede

Single-Rep Franchises:
-Pikmin & Olimar
-Yoshi
-Sonic
-Snake
-Wario
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-ROB?

I'm getting 41 Max out of this (the ROB in question is still subjective right now), currently. Actually, at this point, if we remove the questionable fifth reps from Mario, Zelda & Starfox, we get 38. A Very GOOD 38.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I don't remember the character list, however, i am pretty sure that i remember someone posting about the Mushromy kingdom and Ganon's castle.

I say it's real, also, it agrees with Chaossomething(dragoon guy) about each franchise having around 3 reps, by confirming Dark Samus and Micaiah. I say it's real.
i dont remember the character thing either. i do remember the mushroomy kingdom thing sort of.

i do wanna know if this supposed "leak" was put up Dec. 31, 2007 or 2006. cuz i know for a fact it couldnt have been Dec 31 '07

Seison

Smash Journeyman
This new prophet business looks promising. If he truly predicted mushroomy kingdom before the update, then there is a decent chance that the 35 character roster is false. However, I would never have guessed that Sakurai would include Dark Samus... the rest of the new Prophets roster looks plausible though. I'll be very sad to see Mewtwo go though if he does in fact get left out.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Let me see here (Let's take into account ChaosZero, ShadowXOR and GameFaqs guy and ignore the 35 character roster for a second):
Mushroom Kingdom: 4 Reps (if we should keep Mushroom Kingdom's franchise amount the same as Melee)
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser

Zelda: 4 Reps (see Mario)
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link

Pokemon: 4 Reps
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-PT
-Lucario

StarFox: 3 Reps (They won't get more than Mushroom Kingdom, Zelda or Pokemon for **** sure)
-Fox
-Falco
-Krystal

Metroid: 3 Reps MAX (Let's think about this. Sylux and the hunters aren't characters, that's a fact)
-Samus/ZSS
-Ridley
-Dark Samus

Fire Emblem: 3 Reps (I doubt they'll remove Marth)
-Ike
-Marth
-Micaiah

DK: 3 Reps
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool (if you think Dixie's going here, you're out of your **** mind)

Earthbound: 3 Reps
-Lucas
-Ness
-Claus :bigthumbu

Kirby: 3 Reps
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede

Single-Rep Franchises:
-Pikmin & Olimar
-Yoshi
-Sonic
-Snake
-Wario
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-Pit
-(Someone other than R.O.B., if possible)

I'm getting 41 Max out of this (the ROB in question is still subjective right now), currently. Actually, at this point, if we remove the questionable fifth reps from Mario, Zelda & Starfox, we get 38. A Very GOOD 38.
I fixed it up a bit. I wouldn't stand for Wolf on the roster, especially because Falco is almost guaranteed. Krystal would satisfy more people, and--more importantly (in a sense)--add a more interesting gameplay dynamic. I think that Mario / Zelda / Pokemon with 4 reps is actually very reasonable; they're Nintendo's three biggest franchises, so it makes sense for them to have the most spots out of any franchise. And the other franchises getting three apiece is actually a wonderful idea. (I will admit that my personal bias made the decision for Claus, however. :chuckle:)

I agree that it is a VERY good 38 (39 if you include the R.O.B. spot). What a difference 3 characters can make! It's more diverse than the possibly true 35-character roster, and all of the series are fleshed out a little more. THIS is a roster I could live with, and not only because my favorite character gets in--it fairly represents all of Nintendo's major franchises with a diverse selection of characters (Krystal over Wolf, K. Rool over Dixie, Ridley over Sylux, Claus over Ninten, Micaiah over Black Knight, etc.) that would appeal to a broader audience and ultimately please more fans.

...And now I'm just setting myself up for disappointment by gushing over how much I love this roster. :(

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
****. I just don't have any luck with my pet characters do I? No Ridley or Krystal in the new prophecy either. Oh well. He/She's either very lucky or really screwed when his/her boss finds out he/she leaked the info to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom